Sarah Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Hi, Everyone,

We wanted to give you an update. We are aware of the prevalent issues going on right now in which players are getting stuck while porting to zones, or trying to enter the game. We are working hard to solve this, and are getting closer to a fix, but are not quite there yet. As always, we greatly appreciate your patience, and do understand how frustrating this is for those of you who have been experiencing the issue.

As of right now, we have enough bug reports and a sufficient amount of log files to work with. However, it would be helpful if those of you who are getting stuck could just post here on this thread, and please let us know the following information:
  • Where did you get stuck? Which zone?
  • When did you get stuck – i.e, how long had you been in-game for when it happened, and how long were you stuck for?
  • Your server and in-game character name.

Thank you, Everyone. We will keep you posted as to our progress! Thanks again for your patience while we work to resolve this.

Marvenga

Great Adventurer
Characters
Marvenga, Marvella, Marveara, Marvengo, Marvarroo
Platform
Android
Marveara (EU1) got stuck zoning from Vega to Rega. I had first done dailies in ez with another toon, then switched to Marveara, zoned to Vega, and immediately to Rega and got stuck. I tried 3 or 4 game restarts but the toon remained stuck for 30? minutes or so. Now she is happy again in game.

Hope this helps. Good luck solving :)

Dawnfire

Great Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Athon Dawnfire
Platform
Android, PC
  • Where did you get stuck? Which zone? Shadenor
  • When did you get stuck – i.e, how long had you been in-game for when it happened, and how long were you stuck for? Game has been running for around 30-40 minutes, but this particular character has been online for like 10 minutes when I tried to teleport to Shadenor. I was stuck for like 5 minutes, waited on the loading screen, then shut the game down, logged back in without any issue to my previous zone.
  • Your server and in-game character name. EU1, Athon Dawnfire

Egelin

Arch Wizard
Platform
Android, PC, Steam
Where did you get stuck? Which zone?
I got stuck in several zones so far: Trader's Path, Bloodstone, Deep Earth(the dragon area in Pyron region), Ardent Castle...
When did you get stuck – i.e, how long had you been in-game for when it happened, and how long were you stuck for?
My time in game varied from just logged in to played for at least 2 hours. I was usually stuck for 5-10 minutes.
Your server and in-game character name.
Egelin and Egelinlin both in EU1

I have a sneaking suspicion that this happens when you load into a zone that was empty before you entered it and maybe the zone itself has a problem initializing. I noticed that I get stuck for a shorter time if I don't try to login constantly. Maybe this also has something to do with the zone staying in the broken state as I tried loading in again and again. Not entering it for few minutes maybe allows the zone to close and open again. This theory would be completely wrong if the zones keep their first instance open at all times :ROFLMAO:

I hope this helps :)

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
iOS
The other morning I logged into shadenor (logged out the night before there) took me just over 30 min of constant rebooting before I was able to get in. EU 1. Antavious

spikey

Squirrel
Characters
Joan of Dark, Inola & others
Platform
PC
Last edited
Porting from Aberdeen Caves to Withering Woodlands, helping another player with lvl 30 elders.
When did you get stuck – i.e, how long had you been in-game for when it happened, and how long were you stuck for?
I'd been in game maybe 15 minutes, not sure how long I'll be stuck, I'm still trying, it's still very very slowly loading (about 10 minutes so far I guess)
EU1. Joan of Dark

Porting to Traders Path
Got stuck last night but closed game, just trying now to get into game but still loading zone, so far it's taken 29 minutes.
EU1. Inola

Edit: Have given up trying for now, the loading bar fills completely but neither of these characters have managed to get back. I've tried leaving it on the loading screen for up to 45 minutes but I'll wait until tomorrow and try again.
2nd Edit: It's almost tomorrow (23:56) and I'm impatient so I just verified the assets (all files were correct,) now whether this is coincidence or not I managed to log both my stuck characters straight after that.

RandoT

Citizen
Platform
Android, PC
Last edited
Where did you get stuck? Which zone? Traveling from Ardent to Traderd Path.

When did you get stuck – i.e, how long had you been in-game for when it happened, and how long were you stuck for? Had been in games for about 30 to 40 minutes. I was able to connect after about 10 to 15 minutes.

Your server and in-game character name. Eu1 Coldelia

about two hours later, it happened again while going through the portal from Ardent to Elk's Meadow. I had just logged in for about 5 minutes. Same character.
I tried clearing caches and, to my surprise, I was able to immediately log back in. I was really glad because I risked missing ez. But after doing ez, I tried tp'ing from Ardent to Traders Path, and got stuck. Clearing caches doesn't seem to work now :(

Evanlyn

Huntress
Characters
Evanlyn the Hunter, Evanlyn the Priest
Platform
Steam
Server EU1
In Game Characters: Evanlyn the Priest
Evanlyn the Hunter
I had been playing on my priest for about 45 mins in the ez, then logged my hunter which froze so logged back to my priest which similarly froze.
Porting to Upper Keep on my hunter (probably from village but can't be 100% certain). I had just logged on. Relogging did not sort it. This was about 5 hrs ago. I still cannot log on with this char.
Porting to Mezzanine from Horde of Horrors on my Priest, I had again just logged on as my hunter was frozen. Took about 10 mins on this one before relogging finally worked.

Egelin

Arch Wizard
Platform
Android, PC, Steam
We did some tests with friends. I think as long as there is someone online in a map, players cannot get stuck in the loading screen because the map channel stays open. Devs could theoretically keep 1 character in each map to keep them open until the problem is fixed. I don't know how much load that might put on the server though. Once again, this is just a theory I have no proof for :p

Squonk

Warrior
Platform
Android, PC
Last edited
Pools of Andorra,
had been on this name for about 30mins and been trying to get back in for 5mins so far - edit to add, tried multiple times since posting and still unable to load...
Squonk - EU1

Grumpy

Master Farmer
Characters
Oldman Oin, Bedevere, Nator
Platform
Steam
Last edited
Pools of Andorra EU1 after switching characters It's been 2 hours and I've let traveling bar complete and still did not get in.
Restarting Steam did not help

Character - Shamus OToot - EU1

TheJacks

Reader
Characters
Volterix and BloodClown
Platform
Android
Estoy atascado hace una hora en el viaje hacia "camino de los vendedores"
personaje: Volterix

Grz

Reader
Last edited
[US2: 10/20 before server reset] Got stuck loading to Rackabone's Peak, left the game loading for over an hour without loading successfully into the zone. In-game name is 0x2c. Been playing that toon for 10 minutes.

Edit 10/21: Same toon now stuck at Gortrin's Passage. How long ago I was in-game doesn't seem to matter at all as this was the first zone I was going to get to. Same increasingly slower loading until it freezes entirely at bar fill.

Homéo

Wizard
Characters
Homéopathie, Athie, Lisou, Marius Assure
Platform
PC
Shadenor portal more than ten minutes stuck today
at 6:12 am AT. I'm on EU1 with Homéopathie.
6h36 AT and still in the portal

Jalandra

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Zorlanda, Lenada, Jalandra, Zorlan, Yuju, Queen of Darkness
Platform
iOS, PC, Steam
Yesterday, I teleported to Dartrey Woods immediately after Pumpkin Head was killed at about 11:35 AT. I never reached the zone and retried several times. After 30 minutes I was able to log in to the zone and judging by the comments of another character at the time I logged in, we both experienced the same issue for the same length of time but were trying to teleport to different zones.

When I finally entered the game I continued the daily quests in Dartrey starting with the Flower of Dartrey. I went to the flower and tried to pick it up. I saw the movement graphic to pick it up and had the accompanying sounds but no box appeared containing the flower. I tried again a couple of times but still no box. I then relogged and tried again and this time the box appeared with the flower. Not sure if this is linked to the issue but thought I should mention it.

EU1 Zorlan (but this has happened with all my characters at different times)

Allyza

Hunter
Platform
iOS
Hello,
Abbevillier, 92 shaman. Stucked between Scarlet Isles and Bloodston today at 9 h 15 am ( 5 mins ago)

von railgun

Citizen
Platform
PC
  • Where did you get stuck? Loading screen to Southern Marsh

Which zone? I forgot the name of the zone but it's where the portal is that leads to the southern marsh
    PS. I was playing on US2 but I lost my account. Made a new character on EU1, now I'm stuck on the loading screen on the way to Elden
    Forest.
  • When did you get stuck – i.e, how long had you been in-game for? For about 2 hours
    when it happened, and how long were you stuck for? It happened yesterday at 8 pm EST and I have been stuck for more than 30 minutes, rebooting the game or reinstalling didn't help either. Up until now it's still the same.

• Your server and in-game character name. EU1 | Von Railgun

Allyza

Hunter
Platform
iOS
Forgot to tell you the server where my char Abbevillier is stucked since today : EU1 (logging in Bloodstone)

Bobby Lockwood

Citizen
Platform
Android
Stuck in elden forest and briny caverns for like 2 hours now, still cant play and missing all event activities ... Bobby Lockwood EU1