Urzaa

Adventurer
Characters
Urzaa
Platform
  1. Android
sounds good but not everyone enjoys grouping. Part of the reason a lot of people enjoyed this game was the solo capabilities. I personally don't enjoy groups and only prefer them if its a guild run so we can have some structure and organization which is almost impossible in most pugs
If you don't enjoy grouping then you have to build for solo and modify as necessary when new content comes out where your solo build doesn't function as well. Even without free respecs, it's not prohibitively expensive. I personally had to change my solo build and take off shadow weave to complete the tempest raids. I completed them then swapped it back. Every player here is telling you how they do it with great examples of how they accomplish it. Take the advice and roll with it.

You a good player and getting better all the time. Embrace the growth and change. You got this.

-M.

Reactions: Xadi and CoolGamer
  • Lovex1
  • Likex1

Drakz

Legendary Hero
Characters
Drakz, Zelior, Glacier, Scab, Drakzy, Ground Pounder.
Platform
  1. PC
If you don't enjoy grouping then you have to build for solo and modify as necessary when new content comes out where your solo build doesn't function as well. Even without free respecs, it's not prohibitively expensive. I personally had to change my solo build and take off shadow weave to complete the tempest raids. I completed them then swapped it back. Every player here is telling you how they do it with great examples of how they accomplish it. Take the advice and roll with it.

You a good player and getting better all the time. Embrace the growth and change. You got this.

-M.
once again its not my build. My build is made for solo. And there is only so much you can do with holy.

Reactions: Grz
  • Hahax1

Miso

Legendary Hero
Last edited
Xoroth this, that and other. No hint is seen in this thread at how to remove that thing properly.

I have no serious time pressure when X is like 30% but always lose interest to pull minions and either fire at it (out of ignorance).

Reactions: Merlinda
  • Likex1

Xadi

Huntress
Characters
Xadi, Saving Grace, Lost In Transit, Last Stand, Sidetracked, Gaias Executioner
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
Xoroth this, that and other. But no hint is seen in this thread or elsewhere at how to remove that thing properly.
Several people have actually addressed how to take Xoroth down. Instructions hidden in a spoiler in case someone doesn't want to see it.
If you don't want the battle to drag out even longer, don't touch Xoroth at all until his charges are gone. Aggro him, then go grab your little dudes. Charge them up in the storms to 5 charges. Then, kill them by Xoroth to remove charges from Xoroth.

Don't use AOEs or chain attacks, and watch your blasting on Xoroth. You'll accidentally heal him if you're nuking the mobs/chain attacking or have high blasting + storm crown.
Try to grab another mob while you're charging your first mob to always (hopefully) have two charging at once.
Once Xoroth's charges are completely gone, you can drop him quickly.
Here's a link to my video showing my gold solo run if you'd like to see it in action. You can use the bookmarks to jump to whichever part you need.

Drakz

Legendary Hero
Characters
Platform
  1. PC
Several people have actually addressed how to take Xoroth down. Instructions hidden in a spoiler in case someone doesn't want to see it.
If you don't want the battle to drag out even longer, don't touch Xoroth at all until his charges are gone. Aggro him, then go grab your little dudes. Charge them up in the storms to 5 charges. Then, kill them by Xoroth to remove charges from Xoroth.

Don't use AOEs or chain attacks, and watch your blasting on Xoroth. You'll accidentally heal him if you're nuking the mobs/chain attacking or have high blasting + storm crown.
Try to grab another mob while you're charging your first mob to always (hopefully) have two charging at once.
Here's a link to my video showing my gold solo run if you'd like to see it in action. You can use the bookmarks to jump to whichever part you need.
this becomes an issue for me because i have high blasting and of course holy bolt is a chain so that only leaves hammer and smite and then the problem with blasting firing constantly.

Reactions: Xadi
  • Sadx1

Miso

Legendary Hero
Last edited

Oh, dear! Who would have thought that you need to charge up the minions a several times in order to uncharge Xoroth? At first these information forwarded to me incorrectly, in addition this one thing on the buff bar got lost in the shuffle.

I've learned one's lesson. That's not an issue anymore. Thank you for show up.

How is the situation with multiple players?
On the last try we had a wary instructor, but additional roots appeared and killed the coffee klatsch. However clever you may be. With the predominant lack of understanding in larger crowds, trouble is sure to follow.

Urzaa

Adventurer
Characters
Urzaa
Platform
  1. Android
this becomes an issue for me because i have high blasting and of course holy bolt is a chain so that only leaves hammer and smite and then the problem with blasting firing constantly.
Dunno what to tell you. You say it's not my build and then describe why it's your build.

We say use groups. You say you don't like to group. We say change your build to solo the content. You say you don't want to this either.

I changed my build for the raid so my curses wouldn't bounce. Finished all the platinum tempest then swapped back. We all do when necessary and you can too.

Imagine making content that other people can do and potentially enjoy but we all need to change for you. That does seem a bit narcissistic.

At this point, everyone should leave you on your own with this because it appears as though you just want to complain or maybe need some attention.

I honestly do wish you the best of luck, though.

Best Regards,
M.

Reactions: Massakari
  • Hahax1

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
You stay far enough away from Xoroth to kill the mob when they have 5 charges but close enough to kill the mob so the 5 charges get removed from Xoroth. It takes some trial and error to know how far or close to be.

Reactions: Xadi
  • Likex1

Drakz

Legendary Hero
Characters
Platform
  1. PC
Dunno what to tell you. You say it's not my build and then describe why it's your build.

We say use groups. You say you don't like to group. We say change your build to solo the content. You say you don't want to this either.

I changed my build for the raid so my curses wouldn't bounce. Finished all the platinum tempest then swapped back. We all do when necessary and you can too.

Imagine making content that other people can do and potentially enjoy but we all need to change for you. That does seem a bit narcissistic.

At this point, everyone should leave you on your own with this because it appears as though you just want to complain or maybe need some attention.

I honestly do wish you the best of luck, though.

Best Regards,
M.
you seem to be stuck on the build thing when its nothing about that why don't you go back and read what its about before coming on here and running your mouth Fan boy. It was never about the build and still isn't about the build. i can kill fast and last as long as i want. Its about mechanics so if you wanna run your mouth at least stay focused on the issue.

Drakz

Legendary Hero
Characters
Platform
  1. PC
You stay far enough away from Xoroth to kill the mob when they have 5 charges but close enough to kill the mob so the 5 charges get removed from Xoroth. It takes some trial and error to know how far or close to be.
i think your right about the blasting because changing build or should i say make a new set of gear is not an option that cost gold and sockets and time to try to find gear with right stats.

Reactions: IrishElf
  • Likex1

Xadi

Huntress
Characters
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
How is the situation with multiple players?
On the last try we had a wary instructor, but additional roots appeared and killed the coffee klatsch. However clever you may be. With the predominant lack of understanding in larger crowds, trouble is sure to follow.
I've only done a 3 man raid in Tempest. So, I haven't gotten to play with the vines yet :( Hopefully, after next week, I'll get a chance to do that :) (I have a lot of events coming up in the next week. So, I won't have time until after that.)

Yeah, I think, once people have more experience in Tempest, it will feel easier. If something is truly out of balance, then, I hope it is corrected, but everything always feels more difficult and time consuming when you don't know it yet. Then, you have to learn and practice before it feels easier. I hope people share their knowledge to help others understand this raid better. I think it's a very fun raid.

Drakz

Legendary Hero
Characters
Platform
  1. PC

Huge thx Xadi i seen a few things that i was doing that was costing me time and now im soloing my platinum's with around 10 minutes to spare.

Xadi

Huntress
Characters
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
Huge thx Xadi i seen a few things that i was doing that was costing me time and now im soloing my platinum's with around 10 minutes to spare.
Yay! Congratulations! πŸ™Œ

Elijah Lin

Lumineer
Characters
Fairy Prince Eli
Platform
  1. iOS
Last edited
I'm not sure if anyone is having a bit of a difficulty or address this especially for holy priest...? But spend most of the midnight trying to complete GOLD Tempest over at Xoroth mini boss was a complete disaster! I followed one of video guide and couldn't understand how I got him from 50 charges to 23 charges and then he would be up 37 charges, back and forth until I had about 10-5 mins left on the clock and still, had to get those charges down- which seem IMPOSSIBLE and HOPELESS by that point (had to quit more than a few times to work out what was happening- VERY annoyed but I suppose, I had to slow down and need to use my observation a wee bit mere and changed my talents and skills blah blah blah and try again).

What I had noticed about Xoroth mechanic, he is range attacker. And I also saw a note on this post, someone mentioned about being careful of your blasting near him, which counts as DAMAGING him (another annoying factor which heals him and the CHARGES GO BACK UP)!!!! As being pure holy pri, I couldn't figure out why Xoroth would randomly heal his health and gain back his ENTIRE CHARGES and charging them golems were almost IMPOSSIBLE TASK as those lightning runes zap everywhere (it feels like they are trying to run away from you and not let you charge them GOLEMS!) and you have to run after them (more annoyance) and (not sure if the lightning runes do dmg to you but i keep getting dmg as i'm in the lightning runes) and the golem would dmg you some mere and Xoroth, on top, would add mere dmg from his range atk! (ITS SO STRESSFUL!!! 😭😭😭😭)

Then I opted a half hybrid pri which does splash dmg and aoe effects- NO, PROBABLY THE WORST IDEA EVER! Even the first mini boss trying to make those conductors is SUPER UNEFFECTIVE! Your AOE from the Shadow Pri just flies the CURSES over to the conductors (which kills the line- URGH!!- loss so much time!!!) At this point it dawned on me- THIS RAID IS MINIMISED AOE dmg zone for those two bosses (FUMING) πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ’€

After a few more times of non successful runs, it made sense. I can't go shadow for spreading curses, I can't use too much aoe holy dmg (as there's only one that hits hard and the others could splash dmg) as Holy only has 3 atk skills and 4 skills of Shadow are curses and 2 are aoe and the 4th branch talents spreads the curses!!! ALL THIS IS A RECIPE FOR FAILURE... (GRUMBLES)
Looked over my talents in holy again and it occurred to me, first branch talent:

AURA OF PURITY - which reflects holy dmg % back on its enemies

MUST BE the hidden culprit after losing so much time and effort not quite seeing why Xoroth health was RANDOMLY down to 30% and THEN he heals and ADDS more and why the golems would suddenly just DIE half way charging πŸ’€πŸ‘€ (INSERT A CURSE)

So I took that bugger off and I had mostly no problem running my remaining TEMPEST GOLD - completed that raid with just 3mins left after finding out about aura of purity and changing my talents in the mid battle with Xoroth- URGH!!

Now I am CURIOUS about the REFLECTIVE DMG on the E SHAMAN as one of its skills is from the ATTUNED EARTH. Has anyone else had trouble with reflective dmg from the holy pri or the E shaman dealing with these two mini-mega bosses?!?

Xadi

Huntress
Characters
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
I'm not sure if anyone is having a bit of a difficulty or address this especially for holy priest...? But spend most of the midnight trying to complete GOLD Tempest over at Xoroth mini boss was a complete disaster! I followed one of video guide and couldn't understand how I got him from 50 charges to 23 charges and then he would be up 37 charges, back and forth until I had about 10-5 mins left on the clock and still, had to get those charges down- which seem IMPOSSIBLE and HOPELESS by that point (had to quit more than a few times to work out what was happening- VERY annoyed but I suppose, I had to slow down and need to use my observation a wee bit mere and changed my talents and skills blah blah blah and try again).

What I had noticed about Xoroth mechanic, he is range attacker. And I also saw a note on this post, someone mentioned about being careful of your blasting near him, which counts as DAMAGING him (another annoying factor which heals him and the CHARGES GO BACK UP)!!!! As being pure holy pri, I couldn't figure out why Xoroth would randomly heal his health and gain back his ENTIRE CHARGES and charging them golems were almost IMPOSSIBLE TASK as those lightning runes zap everywhere (it feels like they are trying to run away from you and not let you charge them GOLEMS!) and you have to run after them (more annoyance) and (not sure if the lightning dogs you but i keep getting dmg as i'm in the lightning) and the golem would dmg you some mere and Xoroth, on top, would add mere dmg from his range atk! (ITS SO STRESSFUL!!! 😭😭😭😭)

Then I opted a half hybrid pri which does splash dmg and aoe effects- NO, PROBABLY THE WORST IDEA EVER! Even the first mini boss trying to make those conductors is SUPER UNEFFECTIVE! Your AOE from the Shadow Pri just flies the CURSES over to the conductors (which kills the line- URGH!!- loss so much time!!!) At this point it dawned on me- THIS RAID IS MINIMISED AOE dmg zone for those two bosses (FUMING) πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ’€

After a few more times of non successful runs, it made sense. I can't go shadow for spreading curses, I can't use too much aoe holy dmg (as there's only one that hits hard and the others could splash dmg) as Holy only has 3 atk skills and 4 skills of Shadow are curses and 2 are aoe and the 4th branch talents spreads the curses!!! ALL THIS IS A RECIPE FOR FAILURE... (GRUMBLES)
Looked over my talents in holy again and it occurred to me, first branch talent:

MUST BE the hidden culprit after losing so much time and effort not quite seeing why Xoroth health was RANDOMLY down to 30% and THEN he heals and ADDS more and why the golems would suddenly just DIE half way charging πŸ’€πŸ‘€ (INSERT A CURSE)

So I took that bugger off and I had mostly no problem running my remaining TEMPEST GOLD - completed that raid with just 3mins left after finding out about aura of purity and changing my talents in the mid battle with Xoroth- URGH!!

Now I am CURIOUS about the REFLECTIVE DMG on the E SHAMAN as one of its skills is from the ATTUNED EARTH. Has anyone else had trouble with reflective dmg from the holy pri or the E shaman dealing with these two mini-mega bosses?!?
Yay! I'm happy you got it figured out. Yes, the reflective damage from the consecration line is a pain in this raid. I've read other priests have redone their talent points to drop the reflective dmg for this raid. It also kills the magma babies in magma mines. You also don't want to use the Avatar self buff from the raid relic at Xoroth because that also reflects damage. This raid relies more on pinpoint precision, not widespread damage. It's the complete opposite of my play style lol so, it's been fun for me to figure out.

Reactions: Elijah Lin and Miso
  • Wowx1
  • Likex1

Mystic River

Priestess
Platform
  1. iOS
I am a holy priest, all holy talents maxed. I have a dmg raid mace with heal, mass heal, holy bolt, shadow bolt, gloom, shadow orbs and plague. I put 5 talent points in the top shadow tree so orbs can detonate curses. I had no trouble with Xoroth solo, just don’t use holy bolt only shadow feats. By the time I had his charges to 0 he had 2% hp, 2 hits he was dead. I also have no blasting.
With this build I can solo all raids thru plat with no problems.

Sunder

Citizen

What I had noticed about Xoroth mechanic, he is range attacker. And I also saw a note on this post, someone mentioned about being careful of your blasting near him, which counts as DAMAGING him (another annoying factor which heals him and the CHARGES GO BACK UP)!!!! As being pure holy pri, I couldn't figure out why Xoroth would randomly heal his health and gain back his ENTIRE CHARGES and charging them golems were almost IMPOSSIBLE TASK as those lightning runes zap everywhere (it feels like they are trying to run away from you and not let you charge them GOLEMS!) and you have to run after them (more annoyance) and (not sure if the lightning dogs you but i keep getting dmg as i'm in the lightning) and the golem would dmg you some mere and Xoroth, on top, would add mere dmg from his range atk! (ITS SO STRESSFUL!!! 😭😭😭😭)

Thanks so much for the detailed post. I was hoping to see more like this here to help people through, though this makes no sense to me since I play fire mage haha! Hopefully this will help a lot of people though!

Reactions: Elijah Lin
  • Hahax1

CoolGamer

Priest
Characters
coolblue17
Platform
  1. iOS
  2. PC

Great post. I experienced similar issues on my shadow priest. I am mostly dps but had 5 points on aura of purity and also had shadow weave. I could never get it work, so removed shadow weave and aura of purity and then boom took out Xoroth easily. Also did not use any AOE spells.

Reactions: Elijah Lin, Urzaa and Miso
  • Lovex2
  • Likex1

Urzaa

Adventurer
Characters
Urzaa
Platform
  1. Android

This is exactly the problem most priests run into. You figured out how to change your build to work with the mechanics and not against them. Great job! It's genuinely rewarding to figure out how to manage your talents and built to complete to new content.

Once again, good work.

Best Regards,
-M.

Reactions: Elijah Lin and CoolGamer
  • Likex2

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
  1. iOS
When I encounter these β€œdon’t kill a secondary target” situations I always stop using any feat that can hit it even the odd ones like thunderbird strike that has a 33% chance to proc a thunder strike. double check you know all your feats and understand everything that can accidentally hit a secondary target.