Since the Class-Balancing updates...

• I enjoy playing Fire Wizard more.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • I enjoy playing Fire Wizard about the same.

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • I enjoy playing Fire Wizard less.

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • I enjoy playing Ice Wizard more.

• I enjoy playing Ice Wizard about the same.

• I enjoy playing Ice Wizard less.

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • My Fire Wizard can solo easy content (like quests and bounties).

Votes: 16 76.2%
  • My Fire Wizard struggles to solo easy content.

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • My Ice Wizard can solo easy content.

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • My Ice Wizard struggles to solo easy content.

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • My Fire Wizard can solo all Platinum Raids.

• My Fire Wizard can solo some Platinum Raids.

• My Fire Wizard cannot solo Platinum Raids.

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • My Ice Wizard can solo all Platinum Raids.

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • My Ice Wizard can solo some Platinum Raids.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My Ice Wizard cannot solo Platinum Raids.

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • My Fire Wizard feels like an asset in group content.

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • My Fire Wizard does not feel like an asset in group content.

• My Ice Wizard feels like an asset in group content.

• My Ice Wizard does not feel like an asset in group content.

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xantia

Arch Wizard
Characters
Xantia
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
Hi Everyone πŸ‘‹ 😊

Several players have mentioned, that they'd like to share their feedback via class-specific threads. πŸ§β€β™‚οΈπŸ§™β€β™€οΈπŸ§›πŸ¦Έ

So this is the 4th of 5 threads, for class-specific feedback and friendly discussion.πŸ™‚πŸ»πŸ™‚

Polls are nice, because they allow us to share our feedback honestly and anonymously. πŸ‘₯️πŸ‘₯️πŸ‘₯️

You may vote for multiple options, so please vote for EVERY option, that applies to you. βœ…οΈβœ…οΈβœ…οΈ

If you'd like to give more detailed feedback, here's a list of info that might be helpful to the Otters:

Wizard Subclass:
Combat Level & Rebirths:
Gardening & Cooking Levels:

What Talents do you like and why?

What Talents do you dislike and why?

What Feats do you like and why?

What Feats do you dislike and why?

Do you like or dislike your class's Necklace Feats and why?

Do you prefer to use dropped or crafted gear and why?

What role do you feel your class/subclass should have (if any) and why?

What does Class Balancing mean to you and/or how should it improve VH?

Please try to keep your feedback polite and constructive. Personal attacks, do nothing... except get threads closed. 😬

If you dislike something about your class, try to offer a possible solution. You never know, who might come up with the next great idea. πŸ€“

After all, player feedback got us: an improved Guild Chat, Buyback feature, tradeable Blight Motes, fewer Garden items in the new mana recipes, more Fashion and Mounts, the Homestead update and more (ty Otters 🀩).

The poll will close in 14 days. The more voters we get, the more accurate and helpful the results will be. πŸ‘©β€πŸ«

So please encourage our fellow players, to come and share their feedback. πŸ™‡β€β™€οΈ

And thank YOU for helping to improve the game. 😊🀝😊

Reactions: Sarah Otter
  • Likex1

Darkstar

Wizard
Characters
Uza Darkstar, Kerni, Raven Darkmere
Platform
  1. iOS
  2. PC
Wizard Subclass: Fire
Combat Level & Rebirths: 41 (4x RB's)
Gardening & Cooking Levels: 95 & 95

Cauterize - The only form of self healing I have available outside of pots.
Set Ablaze - For the Blazing Speed Ultimate that helps me get to where I want to go quickly

Every time I try to put points into Arcane instead of Fire things do not go well. Maybe it's just my bad choices but it is discouraging me from experimenting with different telent combos.

Since the nerf to mana pots, Complete Control is my go-to when I get distracted and fail to keep a mana pot effect active.

Not really tried most of them so I no strong opinion here.

The fact I can only fill 3 of the 5 slots bugs me.

In general, I prefer crafted gear as it gives more options on the stats as I can craft many at a time and choose the best.
Gear dropped in the world can be useful but is often above my current level so not instantly usable.
Raid drops are great as they are at my current level and I can get better quality (epic, legendary) than I can crafting.

DPS obviously. Way too squishy for a tank and no group healing abilities outside of relics.

Generally I see class balancing as meaning that there is no one class that can outperform all the others in most situations.
One thing I struggle with is solo plat raids, especially cata. Maybe it's because I'm not a 5RB 95 with multiple elder levels, maximum talent points and highly optimized gear or maybe I just have not figured out the right build or maybe just because I'm not very good at raids (I typically finish the season around 60 DG).

Reactions: Xantia
  • Likex1

Darkstar

Wizard
Characters
Uza Darkstar, Kerni, Raven Darkmere
Platform
  1. iOS
  2. PC
Thinking about the last point I made, I would actually be OK with two Armor/Talent sets for Raids. My usual glass cannon build for group raids but for solo I would need something with more "tank". Conjured Regeneration, Cauterize and maybe some Life Steal might be enough to cover the self-healing side.

• Likex1

Xantia

Arch Wizard
Characters
Xantia
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
I'm going to copy some info I've shared in previous threads and add some new insights. πŸ€“

Combat Level & Rebirths: 95 & 5

What Talents do you like or dislike and why?

I like Incinerate... but I dislike the new ultimate Pyromania.
I seldom allow my mana to drop below 50% (especially now that pots take 30 seconds for refills). So a buff that activates at 25% and only lasts 10 seconds, isn't really useful for me. On the plus side, skipping Incinerate has given me enough Talent points to get Frost Nova and I LOVE having double stuns (not being sarcastic, I really ended up being happy with this change).πŸ˜πŸ‘

I also like the rest of the Fire Talents and Ultimates...
especially Brilliant & Bright, which gives Mind Spark it's instant cooldown and Blazing Speed, because I can never have enough speed. The lack of these two Ultimates, is why I'll never be able to play an Ice Wiz. 😞
πŸ’”

Now let's talk about Arcane Talents:

I like all the Arcane Talents...
except for Master of the Arcane and it's Ultimate, Invisibility. I feel like MotA needs an updated tooltip, to help players understand that they won't get 2% increased crit chance from each Talent point... they'll get 2% of their current Savagery points, added to their Savagery. Which might NOT increase their crit chance, until the Talent is maxed. I also feel like maxed MotA should give us 2-3% more crit chance, to make it worth 20 Talent points. I don't really have much use for Invisibility... but if the Ultimate were changed to increase crit damage... I'd have a VERY hard time, trying to decide which Talents to move. 😬😟

Arcane Alacrity...
because even with a 44% unbuffed cooldown rate + 19.8k AA + 3% Expertise Raid Relic + 3641 Zephyr + Mindspark... I still find myself forced to auto-attack during prolonged combat, while waiting for my feats to cooldown. IMHO, the Otters could reduce our cooldowns by a few seconds, here and there. I also feel like AA is necessary, to make the best use of Mana Fire.

Mana Fire... it's reduced mana cost, short cooldown and instant damage are great.

Fireball & Combust... again, for their low mana cost, short cooldowns and instant damage.

Fire Burst & Frost Nova... for their stuns, but I wish they did a bit more damage.

What Feats do you dislike (or like less) and why?

Scorching Burn & Flaming Meteor...
I prefer a glass cannon build and quick kills are essential for solo content. Fast kills are also important, for 95 Elders and Raids. So, I prefer instant damage over DoTs.

Inner Fire... I'm glad it's been updated to do damage, but the cooldown is too long, for me to justify replacing one of my current Feats. I'd love to see Inner Fire replace Pyromania, as the 5pt Talent Ultimate. Then we wouldn't need to use a Feat slot. Ice Wizards get Frost Nova... why not give Fire Wizards Inner Fire?

Mind Spark...
love it, especially when Bright & Brilliant is unlocked, for instant cooldowns.

Veil of Embers... there are definitely times when I'd like to reduce my threat, but not enough to give up Mind Spark.

Definitely crafted...
because it usually offers more base Health, Mana and Defense, for increased survivability. However, if I find a piece of dropped gear with better stats, I'll happily use it.

Ranged DPS and crowd control...
because we're not usually built to tank and we have no group heals.

Copied from my previous posts on this topic:

I feel like Class Balancing should be about giving all classes enough basic attack and defense, to survive basic solo content. Then allowing us to experiment with gear, buffs, pots and Talents... to find a build that suits our play style. Whether we want to be self-sustaining through the use of stats or pots... whether we want to build Tanks or Glass Cannons... whether we want to fill traditional class roles or create something new... should be up to us.

For those who can't afford the best gear and consumables, it would be nice if each class had their own group buff. So everyone will feel useful in group combat, even those who can't top the charts. I know many players are loving the new Shaman Mana buff. 😍

These are my Class Balancing suggestions:

• Melee classes would have more base Health, Vitality and Physical defense.
  • Ranged classes would have more base Mana, Will and Magic defense.
  • Priests (or any class that's both melee and ranged) would have balanced base stats.
  • All classes would have 5 single target and 5 aoe feats, forcing them to choose only 7 for their weapon (which will help create a variety of builds).
  • All crafted weapons would start with 3 damage feats (to help players survive at low-levels), buff feats (such as Nature's Veil) won't be added until the 30s - 40s (keep it simple, while players are learning).
  • All classes would have at least 1 slow and 1 stun.
  • All classes would have a speed boost and self-heals, early in their Talent trees.
  • All classes would have a mana sustain, mid-way in their Talent trees.
  • To make every class valuable in groups, each class would have 1 self-buff, that will become a group buff, during group content. Maybe...
    • Warriors increase Health and Vitality.
    • Shaman increase Physical Defense and Mastery.
    • Hunters increase Haste and Expertise.
    • Wizards increase Magic Defense and Crit Chance.
    • Priests not only heal, they increase Mana and Will.
  • Each class will decide which feats to use and which skills to focus on, allowing them to build and play their characters, the way they prefer.
I know this is an oversimplification of a complex process, but I thought it was the best way to convey my thoughts. I hope this feedback is helpful.

Thank you for reading. πŸ™‡β€β™€οΈ

Xantia

Arch Wizard
Characters
Xantia
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
Thinking about the last point I made, I would actually be OK with two Armor/Talent sets for Raids. My usual glass cannon build for group raids but for solo I would need something with more "tank". Conjured Regeneration, Cauterize and maybe some Life Steal might be enough to cover the self-healing side.
Yes, I have 2 sets of gear. One for max dps in group content and one for more survivability in solo content.

Thanks for sharing your feedback Uza! πŸ§™β€β™€οΈπŸ€πŸ§™β€β™€οΈ

Got No Pupil

Reader
Platform
  1. iOS
Last edited
Combat Level & Rebirths: 95 + 5
Gardening & Cooking Levels: 50, 35

Most fire talents and ultimates are great, with honorable mentions going to cauterize and volcanic blast.

Pyromaniac is useless to me in MOST scenarios. Let me paint the picture here, my build revolves around mana sustainability with complete control (trinket), rift fluctuations (ultimate), high clarity, high intellect (more mana restored from mindspark), and mind spark to refresh the former. This allows me to spam mana fire, thereby allowing me to top damage charts in ladders and raids. I barely let my mana go down 35 percent, making pyromaniac completely useless. The only use I have of it is when I'm afflicted with certain mana debuffs like mana bites.

Mana Fire: Great damage with low CDs. The high mana costs are negated with my build
Combust: With the ultimate combustion, combust is useful to use up the charges of mindspark and restore mana.
Mind Spark: Pretty obvious.
Blazing Speed: This feat along with the raid cougar skill makes you a bullet train with no wheels!
Arcane Alacrity: Helps lower mana costs.
Invisibility: Great support skill. The fact that I can use it on other people makes me feel more useful in group content where there are already other DPS users. Also, it looks flashy!

Inner Fire: It has a weird mechanic and seems like a waste of rune space compared to the other feats.
Invisibility: Although the ultimate is great, spending 20 talent points on a "very vague" master of the arcane talent is not welcoming. I wish this could be changed since I know many fire wizards want to use invisibility but are hesitant due to the 20 points investment.

I love Mind Spark. It allows me to do more damage and helps me a lot with my mana build.

I prefer crafted gear up to level 90-93s since they are easy to procure and have reasonably well-rounded stats. I only started focusing on dropped gear from level 94+ because I would've reached endgame at that point and would need top-notch gear to help with elders and such.

Concerning my previous answer, I follow a true glass cannon build. Hence, I focus on brutality, savagery, expertise, haste, and clarity. High damage mixed with mana sustainability grants me high damage. If my luck is right, I would also get heals from cauterize, giving me adequate survivability.

I want everyone to enjoy the game because, in the end, a game is supposed to be about having fun. Be it with others or solo content. Class balancing should allow enjoyment in both aspects. If a class can not solo through bounties or bosses (except elders), it is unbalanced. If a class feels its contribution to group content like raids, rifts, elders and ladders is inadequate, it is unbalanced.
I agree with Xantia about giving each class its own unique role, without undermining the role of others. This doesn't mean that every class should be on par with each other in damage alone. Fire wizards can zoom through bounties easily but they cannot heal as nearly as well as a priest or shaman. Each class should have a role to play that should make them feel worthy.

• Likex1

Xantia

Arch Wizard
Characters
Xantia
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
Thank you all for sharing your updated feedback and voting in the poll. πŸ™‡β€β™€οΈβ€οΈ

I love reading what others like and dislike about our classes. It gives me new build ideas and I feel like I have a better understanding of each class. πŸ€“

Aaliagh

Wizard
Last edited
Wizard Subclass: Ice
Combat Level & Rebirths: 95 elder 35, 5 rebirths

Master of Arcane because savagery & for the ultimate; Rift bonded, before mana build I had it filled out and I was doing great on mana; after the build I'm not able to have it filled out and am doing worse on mana but even the few points that I was able to contribute help a bit.
Brittling chill, because I can't survive without my ice shield. The 20% increased damage helps a little, though I liked the old bounty debuff as well.
Thermal shell--I like the armor/magic buff. Frost Dominant mana works is nice I guess.

Thermal shell--the whole shard thing is not working in my favor, back when cooldown was less, damage more and ice power was more I liked my glacial spike better. Same goes for Frost Dominance, the whole 20% and once in 30 secs just isn't doing it. While it's nice-ish to have this sort of an aoe, the chance of it working is seldom and most of the time it works in my disadvantage as I'm not trying to engage the whole crowd, it easier to survive for me when they attack one by one. Plus, the 150% damage isn't really all that as hoarfrost doesn't have all that much damage to begin with. I'd much rather have the old ice jav ultimate. Oh yeah. btw, in talent tree it's described as 250% damage, while in feats when you hover over it is says 150%.
I hate Coldblooded. As I said, I'd much rather have the jav ultimate. My ice power used to work in different ways and was mostly stable, generally not going lower than 89-98%, going up to 120%ish and even much more especially in raids. Now I'm stuck with base 71% which is funny especially when compared to my lvl 85 holy priest which had more holy power at lvl 80 with rare gear than my wizzie does now with all legendary and feats on all gear maximizing the ice power. Now, after the cold blooded change, I start with 71% and am super lucky if I get it to 100% altogether, and even if I do it lasts a few seconds and goes back low. Which obviously results in less damage. Should I even mention that after this dramatic ice power decrease my attack rating went from 9.5 to 9.1?

Used to love my ice jav for the damage and fast cooldown, after build damage is very low and cooldown is slower. Still like my deepfreeze though I'd rather it not have the whole hoarfrost deal and seldom aoe effect. I love my ice shield and the heal, though the heal has increased cooldown now (cuz a squishy class needs less heals? :D). I love arcane alacrity and invisibility, for obvious reasons--better cooldown; less damage taken.

All of my damage spells have much less damage now and longer cooldown. I don't really like them anymore at all except for the stun effect for deepfreeze.
While having an enemy debuff is nice, I feel like something giving cooldown increase or mana regen increase or damage increase self or, better yet, crowd buff would be more useful.
Both. Some crafted can't really get the stuff I need on them, some dropped can't get as good rating as crafted.
Honestly, all other games I've played wizards are dps and crowd support/buff. No matter the subclass. I feel that our difference with fire wizzies should be not damage dealt (or, even if so, not so drastic of a difference like it is right now after the build) but buffs given to others--which we totally lack, both ice and fire. I'd love to see wizzies get crowd buffs of some sort. Maybe fire could increase crowd's damage while ice could decrease crowd stun time, sort of a walking liberty dram lol.
No one should be singled out. If one class is able to handle solo h1 raids then so should the others. Otherwise just cancel the solo version as it is just not fair. Because we technically all have "roles" (though im not clear at all what role ice wiz is supposed to play with the way things are right now, before the build i was at least able to help the tank get a break when they needed one) so then why is one role able to solo and another not? If we have advantages then we also have disadvantages, right? Anyway, it's too complicated for my bookkeeper mind to put what I mean into words.

Reactions: Renaiss and Xantia
  • Likex2

justbequiet

Villager
Platform
  1. iOS
  2. PC
Last edited
Combat Level & Rebirths:
95 + 5 rb
Gardening & Cooking Levels: 95/95

Cauterize - Coz who doesn't want free heals?

Bright and Brilliant - For the rune resets.

Volcanic Blast/Combustion - This is the bread and butter of fire wizard's DPS

Blazing Speed - Who doesn't want more movement speed?

Rift Fluctuation - Only reason why I dont chug mana potions as much as before.

Vigilant energies - for a 35 pt ultimate, the incremental value you gain from this is miniscule. The fact that it only resets your stun (which btw, has diminishing returns) when you take >10% damage with a long cooldown is not worth it.

Invisibility - There are very few situations when you can take advantage of this coz any situation where you can exploit this ability was removed particularly raids (I'm looking at you Rook)

Mage Armor - Expecting wizards to keep their mana topped up is wishful thinking. The fact you get penalized for using it is counterintuitive in a wizard's playstyle

Combustion - In conjuction with the ultimate and mind spark, you can deal burst damage and replenish your mana very quickly

Volcanic Blast - The single biggest nuke in the fire wizard's arsenal + stun. Great in 1 shotting any monsters and making a dent on bosses

Mana Fire - Great to replenish your Mana and used with Arcane Alacrity for Burst damage

Inner Fire - The new iteration is next to useless now. Coupled with its low cooldown, the benefit is so incremental compared to the other runes. The old version is tons better and would be another alternative in addressing group mana issues alongside water shaman

Scorching Burn - Low damage/DoT, low debuff on magic resist and high cooldown makes it not very useful for most content.

Inferno - Unlike the other runes, this rune feels like it could use more love by having more mechanics or additional functionality in conjunction with other runes/talents. I dislike this the least only becuase I feel like theres more potential in turning this into something more impactful that just plain DPS

Mind spark - Rune skill resets, Mana replenishment, its the single best necklace rune in the game (cure is close second imo). Any other rune pales in comparison. Even ice wizards would always pick this over whatever they have. Its downright broken

Crafted always. Its the only option to grind it out reliably w/o having to depend on raids. Unfortunately, certain stat combinations can only be obtained through dropped gear so I have no choice but to run raids to reliably upgrade my gear.

Fire - True Glass Cannon Artillery DPS - I would like to see more talent/rune options that makes fire wizards trade some or all of their defensive abilities for offensive boosts. For instance, having a talent that decreases 50% of their hp and adds it to their mana pool or converting 20% of their armor/magic resist to spell power.

Another is a toggle-able siege mode. Increased attack and rune skill range, increased damage for all skills, higher haste, and larger radius for AOEs in return for being completely immobile, taking +100% more damage from all sources, and single target damage causes a micro-stun that can interrupt spell casting

I believe class balancing should be asymmetric based on their archetypes. Each class bringing something unique to group content so that every class configuration is valued. Every class may have some runes/talents that could give them traits/ abilities outside this archetype but their needs to be a clear, and tangible trade-off by taking it. If you want more survivability as a dps, you must see a significant DPS drop equal to the increased survivability gain. I do not believe each class needs should be able to excel on all 3 major group roles (like holy priests pre-mana patch) to succeed in VH. Balancing classes shouldn't be based on the tank-and spank approach many players use in group raids and group content like ladder, elder runs and rift runs. Each class should be able to tackle the same content using different approaches based on their strengths and weaknesses.

• Likex1

Xantia

Arch Wizard
Characters
Xantia
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
🀜πŸ’₯BUMPπŸ’₯πŸ€›

The poll closes in less than 2 days! βŒ›οΈπŸ—³

Please don't miss this opportunity, to share your UPDATED feedback with our Devs. πŸ—£πŸ‘‚

Thank you for participating. πŸ™‡β€β™€οΈπŸ’•