Which Heroic Dungeon Would You Like to See?

• Heroic: Red Cloister

Votes: 39 70.9%
  • Heroic: Halls of Salvation

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sean Ryan

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Hey, everyone!

We are going to re-add one of the old heroic dungeons to the new raid system. I'm not sure which one you guys liked better, so I figured I would create a poll and let you all vote on it.

I don't post on here much, so I also wanted to say thank you for all the feedback you guys give (especially testers). It is really helpful to me, and I appreciate it.

--Sean

Characters
BashaDrake, Elmeti, Knytro
Platform
Android
Red Cloister was better mostly because it was well balanced.
Halls is a good, straightforward dungeon, but all the changes to the bosses just didn't help. Corpus ended up with too much health, which slowed everything down. Then we could no longer single pull Justine so lots got wiped with the 3 bosses all attacking. Finally Meghrin's fire never got worked out properly. I would love to see Halls the way it was when it was first introduced.

Reactions: Lamorack
  • Likex1

Clonkie

Citizen
Platform
Android
Hey, everyone!

We are going to re-add one of the old heroic dungeons to the new raid system. I'm not sure which one you guys liked better, so I figured I would create a poll and let you all vote on it.

I don't post on here much, so I also wanted to say thank you for all the feedback you guys give (especially testers). It is really helpful to me, and I appreciate it.

--Sean
Will the rewards for each dungeon be the same as the old ones?

KAVE

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
Loved Heroic Cloister, mostly for the boss battles (Maggwood and Benedicta) but it also had a bit more variety in its environment with the garden area.

I really hope 12 or more player Raids are possible for the future, it would be a blast to run with larger groups again

Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
I have the exact same opinion as Kave. I also really like that Red Cloyster because it need teamwork to be finished. Hall of Salvation is also fine, but there are not many mechanic to play around there, purely brute force dungeon. If Hall of Salvation will be brought back new mechanics need to be added there especially for the Elders.

SpikedJuice

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
iOS, PC
Woah got excited too when I saw re-add dungeon. Hoping its more than just recycling the cloisters appearance?

Wish they could somehow reintroduce the scaling and flexible group size from old dungeons. Would make raid grouping so much easier.

The 3 or 6 group sizing is so rigid. Anything other than these exact sizes puts teams at a handicap, especially at higher challenge tiers.

Dawnfire

Great Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Athon Dawnfire
Platform
Android, PC
In time both would be nice, with Halls receiving some overhaul, but for now definitely Red Cloister, it had a lot more fun mechanics, felt more balanced and fun to run. And I also second to have higher player limit for raids.

P.S.: And thank you for your work Sean, you are doing amazing!

Black_Cvlt

Arch Wizard
Characters
Danger Zone, Black Cvlt, Coup de Grace, Crafty Hands
Platform
Android, PC
I'd like to see good rewards for >20 stages first.
The only thing my guildmates want to do, is get the seasonal rewards and forget the raids until the new season.

Reactions: Giruv and Ashwin K
  • Likex2

Katniss Everdeen

Eldritch Huntress
Royal Guardian
Characters
Wendy & Song Merrydance
Platform
PC
Loved Heroic Cloister, mostly for the boss battles (Maggwood and Benedicta) but it also had a bit more variety in its environment with the garden area.

I really hope 12 or more player Raids are possible for the future, it would be a blast to run with larger groups again
Yes...me to on the Heroic Red Cloister.

Math Fish

Squirrel
Characters
Math Fish (M Hunter), Shama Fisha (W Shaman), Accursed Angelfish (S Priest)
Platform
Steam
*looks at messages ... sees 1* Sean, this is literally your first message you silly goose! :p

Also, I feel like the decision for which dungeon can be summarized in one word: BENEDICTA!!! She will likely need to be modified: After all, we can't have her clone a single player in a solo run. And the keys to get into Maggwood's area NEED to be flagged by the quest: New players will be furious if they run into the dungeon and can't finish because they don't know the mechanics. I'm looking forward to seeing exactly what you all have in mind for the "re-imagined dungeon" (I believe Damon phrased it that way).

Seawolf

Servant of Mallok
Platform
Android
Whoa! Welcome to the forums Sean. Only took you 7 months to stop lurking. :ROFLMAO:
Thanks for all your work on raids, HRC for sure is my choice. And pls pls pls more xp and rewards.
Pssst (and more then 1 group raids too!)
I hope you start to post more!

knubson

Mighty Warrior
Characters
Alrik von Balurat
Platform
iOS, PC
Crap i got excited for a millisecond there as i thought i read you guys where bringing back 1 of the dungeon runs :/

Reactions: Ashwin K
  • Likex1

Queeny

Citizen
Royal Guardian
Characters
Jenny The Brave ...
Platform
Android, PC
I hope you start to post more!
lol he has no time to post :)

Anyway I have no idea which one to choose because I haven't been there :)
So whatever will be decided is ok for me (btw I do want to see Maggwood, Benedicta, ... other bad enemies - remember all the forum post about them :))

Lamorack

Great Adventurer
Platform
iOS
I'd like to see good rewards for >20 stages first.
The only thing my guildmates want to do, is get the seasonal rewards and forget the raids until the new season.
There is a hard core element that likes the raids for the experience, but that is small: too small to sustain raids as a vibrant activity.

I agree, rewards need to be addressed first and soon. I think an ancillary issue is balancing cost, however.

At the moment, the cost in terms of pots is widely disparate between classes. This can’t be a healthy way to get balanced raiding groups.

Based on what I read here as well as experience, such groups necessary for the kind of challenges people seem to find interesting, where healers, tanks and other skills are important to overall success. Yet the cost to run is hugely disparate between classes.

That needs to be addressed alongside general rewards if raiding is to really take off.

Reactions: Catori
  • Likex1

Karen Souldancer

Bog Frog
Royal Guardian
Platform
iOS, Android, PC, Steam
Last edited
Please bring back Lady Benedicta as a group fight, if not in a dungeon/raid, then as a future elder. (Actually I'd prefer as an elder, as she would be less interesting solo.)
She is my absolute favourite boss. It required full attention and strategy - in terms of where to stand if you were ranged, timing your dodge if you were melee, and teamwork.

Of the 2 dungeons, Heroic Red Cloister was the more interesting one, as the bosses moved around so you needed to plan a route, had to find the key drop, and both the mid boss (treant in the garden, with the mysterious fungus) and the end boss were great fights. It only suffered because it was a rather long dungeon. (and because of the complexity that made it great, sometimes HHoS was preferred for something more relaxing to do).

I've been mostly doing raids solo because of the effort to get a group together (perceived effort maybe - as neither a tank or healer that is required in a group raid).