Stymstorm

Warrior
Characters
Stymstorm
Platform
  1. Android
I would like to be able to copy and paste from and to the chat on mobile. Also, a way to have chat history on mobile so that if you've typed something in a whisper and the other person zones exactly when you send it, it doesn't just go into oblivion and force me into typing it all out again.

Reactions: William Hououin
  • Likex1

Zkittles

Great Adventurer
Platform
  1. Android
If players wish to do eg Trivia quizzes, it is perfectly possible to do those using local chat - it already happens on pretty much every server during eg crafting parties.

All that is being asked is that players do not spam world chat with random guessing game type activities.

And by the way I was online during the hangman contest you are referring to. It wasn't. One person typed for example a movie "_____" and people just spammed "guesses" which were mostly just random five letter words including for example "farts" - who could ever forget that Oscar winning classic?

All that is being asked is that if people want to do that sort of random guessing game they do not spam world or looking chat channels. That simple request by a mod generated a storm of protest last night including at least one insinuation that mods were little better than disease infested vermin. Now tell me again who is being ludicrous.

I would say that people complain about trivia in world chat are ludicrous. Turn off your chat. Block the players. We had to listen to someone call mods C---, among other things and it took months for anything to be done. I hardly think that a game of Hangman stacks up against that. OMG, SOMEONE SAID FART, CALL A MOD!

Reactions: LegendOfZelda
  • Likex1

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
We had to listen to someone call mods C---, among other things and it took months for anything to be done.
As always, if a mod is not on you can take a screenshot, block the offensive player and send the screenshots to customer Support.
I know PD has been telling everyone on US2 that for ages, but it helps CS understand what is going on. It is hard to do anything if people do not report.

LegendOfZelda

Razorback
Platform
  1. iOS
  2. PC
Another idea

Restructure of the party chat: increase in party capacity to like 20-30, so ideally 30 players could join a party and take their “desired conversation” to a private setting. This way the game stays publicly family friendly in the public chat(s), and the people who desire to chat “freely” can do so in a private setting. I see this as a win-win

Kilgharrah

Adventurer
Characters
Kilgharrah, Gwayne, Sylvaena, GeraltOfArdent
Platform
  1. iOS
With what is going on in us2 lately, I would very much like to see a separate family friendly chat, and...here's my idea...a premium channel for adults only that costs maybe 2.99 a month to have access to. No under 18 allowed in the adult swim. Would solve all problems and raise a lil money for the devs as well. Win win.

I actually suggested something along these lines a week or so ago in the US2 discord. It wouldn't even have to be something that is necessarily charged for, but if creating an in-game age wall for access would be technically difficult or impossible, then perhaps making access cost some crowns would make it difficult enough for most kid players to access. There would just need to be something you have to go out of your way to do to turn that chat channel on, coupled with an `are you sure' warning when one first selects the option to join. I think such a chat would still need a mod with an appropriate mindset, just to keep a check on clearly egregious things like one person directly targeting someone else. I don't know how much I would actually care to use that kind of chat myself, but I fully agree that it would be a win-win if implemented with a bit of common-sense care.

Huldricha

Squirrel
Platform
  1. PC
1) I'd like the ability to turn off chats - maybe it's there and I don't know how to use it? Flashing icons drive me nuts, especially when they're telling me something I don't care about. No offense to Tom, Dick or Harry, but I don't care what they're trading.

2) Aggravating that you can't chat and move at the same time. If I type in chat, I then have to click the locale in order to use the arrow buttons and move my character around. Is this necessary? Drives me bonkers, esp. when in combat. Lessee. . shall I ignore you, or die?

Reactions: Xhukari
  • Likex1

Zyani

Jack Of All Trades
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zyani,Borghilde,Jitlayda+ 12more
Platform
  1. PC
1) I'd like the ability to turn off chats - maybe it's there and I don't know how to use it? Flashing icons drive me nuts, especially when they're telling me something I don't care about. No offense to Tom, Dick or Harry, but I don't care what they're trading.

2) Aggravating that you can't chat and move at the same time. If I type in chat, I then have to click the locale in order to use the arrow buttons and move my character around. Is this necessary? Drives me bonkers, esp. when in combat. Lessee. . shall I ignore you, or die?
On pc you just have to hold down shift and click the chat, but i don't know how on mobile

Sinjin

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
  1. iOS
Last edited
If you want to disable all chat pop ups (on mobil), you can turn off all chat pop ups and/or notifications in the game’s settings screen. If you only want to disable pop ups for specific channels (like trade or wc), open chat and hit the filter button (upper left side) to unselect the channel(s) you don’t want to see. You can also (just) turn off the blinky notification too.

No options for time stamps or /clearcache. If you want to clear your scroll back buffer (and device memory cache) so you don’t see the last 4 hours of chat, you gotta relaunch the app.

(edit: grammar)

Celebron.

Hunter
Characters
Tirius, Celebron, Arekan
Platform
  1. iOS
  2. PC
With what is going on in us2 lately, I would very much like to see a separate family friendly chat, and...here's my idea...a premium channel for adults only that costs maybe 2.99 a month to have access to. No under 18 allowed in the adult swim. Would solve all problems and raise a lil money for the devs as well. Win win.
no

dustbunny

Squirrel
Platform
  1. iOS
  2. PC
The issue I see with this is, people could still have ADULT chat in the family friendly one if they wanted too. So this really does not solve the issue of keeping chat family friendly.

Jodwop

Priest
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
lfg channel.We use Village chat, about .5% of the time. Just not needed. Drop Village and add at least one user defined channel. I join a 95 elder group. Multiple guilds. To be honest, we have either waited and waited or had to endlessly reachout to decide to start or delay for the night. Having others as friends helps, but not everyone is a friend of everyone. A second user defined channel would be great for multi village or friend/event in general, Not having any option to define a specific channel (examples: elders, crafting party, etc) do not always quite fit the LFG channel.

Reactions: Grand_Master_Herbologist
  • Likex1
Status
Not open for further replies.