Allison Wonderland

Priestess
Royal Guardian
Platform
  1. PC
Last edited
It does seem to be redundant to have local and village chat, especially in a closed village. In most of the games I have played you had an option to create and add members to the chats, something like Discord.

Reactions: Zaphyra
  • Likex1

Anthem

Bog Frog
Platform
  1. PC
I live in a public village. Sometimes we use village chat like a guild chat. It is fun but rare.

Reactions: Kitty
  • Likex1

Elijah Lin

Lumineer
Characters
Fairy Prince Eli
Platform
  1. iOS
I would like to suggest village channel for EZ channel.

Why? I would love to mute the WC and receive msgs from the EZ related msgs only.

Currently, just switching off WC you wont see players who call out grinchta up! Or Druda up! Or Ez Bosses!! So cant switch off unless i want miss an ez boss run 😭

Sometimes one just want some peace and quiet and do ez only and one have to listen to the WC with every issues and topic under the sun and moon. Plz, mute it seperately 💁🏻‍♂️🌈

Pixi

Citizen
Platform
  1. PC
Please remove the flashing (blinking) of all chat channels. Or make it optional.
I know this request has been made years ago.

• Likex1

Bib3594

Master Cook
Characters
BibianeB
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
hello :) Is it possible to increase the number of players that can be part of a party please? thank you so much ;)

Reactions: Allison Wonderland
  • Likex1

Sinjin

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
  1. iOS
1) Mobil chat needs to either implement the /clearcache (or have a max line count for chat, or have them timeout after a cooldown period, or have a max chat buffer).

As it stands today, the chat function is an undisputed heavyweight memory leak on mobil. It’d be nice to be able to run raids/elders and enjoy other game content without having to reboot so frequently just to keep the game responsive. My device is relatively new, so it isn’t an hardware issue... the problem is there is no upper bound on chat scroll back buffer and it leaks memory holding onto all the things said (and systemwide ez notifications issued) since login.

2) Never have I ever wanted to initiate a whisper by targeting another player and casting my primary feat, but I’ve silently cursed the developer that decided to make that the default, every ... single... play session... ever where I was the primary healer. Having my device lock up for 10 seconds to open (and close) the chat window because I targeted a player and selected my primary heal feat is aggravating in the extreme.

If I cast a detrimental feat with no target, it should fizzle.
If I cast a detrimental feat with a mob targeted, it should land on the target.

If I cast a beneficial feat with nothing targeted, it should land on the caster.
If I cast a beneficial feat with a mob targeted, it should land on the target’s target.

Targeted aoe should follow these rules too (heals or dmg). Pbaoe (heal or dmg) is a special case; it should always be targeted on the caster, but should never fizzle.

Platform
  1. PC
Definitely, I would suggest an alliance guild chat being added. Many other games have this feature and I’d love to see it here in this game, along with party voice chat options in game (without having to use discord), as I’ve also seen this in a different game and thought this would take up the features that were focused on (raids, for example) up a few notches and make them run more successfully.

Allison Wonderland

Priestess
Royal Guardian
Platform
  1. PC
Definitely, I would suggest an alliance guild chat being added. Many other games have this feature and I’d love to see it here in this game, along with party voice chat options in game (without having to use discord), as I’ve also seen this in a different game and thought this would take up the features that were focused on (raids, for example) up a few notches and make them run more successfully.
eons ago I believe V&H had a Teamchat channel or maybe it was Teamspeak.. it was Team something

Grevious

BRA Member
Characters
Grevious
Platform
  1. PC
I want to be able to link items in our chat windows. I hate having to type out the stats of an item, when it would be so much easier to drag the item on to chat so people can see the description and stats. It definitely makes it easier for people to give feedback. This is also beneficial in that if you are trying to sell something you can post the item and the description VIA chat link.

• Likex1

justbequiet

Villager
Platform
  1. iOS
  2. PC
My thoughts mirror those of previous posts.

* The ability to trigger an extension to chat history. I don't need to see everything that was ever said, at all times, but it would be nice to be able to scroll back when the need presents itself.
* Time stamps that can be toggled on when needed and off for when I want a less cluttered screen.
* An expanded database of non-latin characters. I understand that it would be a lot of work to incorporate things like a full Cyrillic or Chinese script [although that would be nice] but it would be great if they could, at the least, incorporate commonly used accent marks and such.

And here's one that is not on this thread but I have seen mentioned, elsewhere...

* The ability to insert clickable links. It would be nice to be able to provide direct access to a forum thread or V&H site without the need for them to cut and paste or pause to write it down. And yes, I know that Trolls and scammers would make use of this but I feel the good outweighs the bad and it's for things like this that we have [sometimes overworked] Mods in the game. ;)
-All of this please! Extended and keepable chat history especially on PC would be ideal. you only get that luxury on mobile
-timestamps are great especially if you need to check how far back the conversation/announcement is
-visibility of non-latin characters would make it easier to differentiate and communicate with them (especially with chinese and slavic players)

• Likex1

Ketta

Adventurer
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
+1 for longer chat history on pc and shorter on mobile, for timestamps, and for getting rid of the whisper option appearing on your main skill button on mobile. Maybe a slider in the settings to vary how long a chat history to keep, to cater for those who like to be able to read back and those whose devices struggle with too large a cache.

Kilgharrah

Adventurer
Characters
Kilgharrah, Gwayne, Sylvaena, GeraltOfArdent
Platform
  1. iOS
That is actually an excellent point. Yes now at the slow chat times people indeed ask regularly if there are other people (at all) and if the game is dead, so it might indeed not be smart to reduce chats to restricted chats further

I disagree, at least based on my own experience. I’d only use a sister guild chat to communicate with particular people, writing things that I either wouldn’t otherwise or that I would in a whisper currently. My level of interaction in world chat wouldn’t change, and I don’t think that it would for those I know on US2, at least. Right now, sister guilds often have a hard time retaining new players because they can appear to be pretty dead, and adding that chat option could go a long way to solve that problem IMO.

Reactions: LegendOfZelda and Sumi
  • Likex2

Zkittles

Great Adventurer
Platform
  1. Android
We need a game chat if you guys aren't going to let us do trivia and such in world chat. Seriously, I appreciate you guys and I love this game, but we can't play hangman? Ludicrous.

Reactions: LegendOfZelda
  • Likex1

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
  1. PC
If players wish to do eg Trivia quizzes, it is perfectly possible to do those using local chat - it already happens on pretty much every server during eg crafting parties.

All that is being asked is that players do not spam world chat with random guessing game type activities.

And by the way I was online during the hangman contest you are referring to. It wasn't. One person typed for example a movie "_____" and people just spammed "guesses" which were mostly just random five letter words including for example "farts" - who could ever forget that Oscar winning classic?

All that is being asked is that if people want to do that sort of random guessing game they do not spam world or looking chat channels. That simple request by a mod generated a storm of protest last night including at least one insinuation that mods were little better than disease infested vermin. Now tell me again who is being ludicrous.

LegendOfZelda

Razorback
Platform
  1. iOS
  2. PC
We need a game chat if you guys aren't going to let us do trivia and such in world chat. Seriously, I appreciate you guys and I love this game, but we can't play hangman? Ludicrous.
I agree - but I’m actually glad to see some consistency to be honest.

LegendOfZelda

Razorback
Platform
  1. iOS
  2. PC
If players wish to do eg Trivia quizzes, it is perfectly possible to do those using local chat - it already happens on pretty much every server during eg crafting parties.

All that is being asked is that players do not spam world chat with random guessing game type activities.

And by the way I was online during the hangman contest you are referring to. It wasn't. One person typed for example a movie "_____" and people just spammed "guesses" which were mostly just random five letter words including for example "farts" - who could ever forget that Oscar winning classic?

All that is being asked is that if people want to do that sort of random guessing game they do not spam world or looking chat channels. That simple request by a mod generated a storm of protest last night including at least one insinuation that mods were little better than disease infested vermin. Now tell me again who is being ludicrous.
That’s fine if we’re gonna be forced to use a local chat for “games,” but then please don’t spam the world chat with hide n seek events. Take those to local chat too. Consistency.

Felina

Adventurer
I particularly enjoy the mini pop up quizzes they are such noodle fun. Will be a shame if we can't have those.

Status
Not open for further replies.