Platform
Android
It's not working against monsters anymore like it used to. A helpful player told me something about rune level and trinket level having to do with it, and those being too weak compared to the monster I am fighting. So why can't I find any of this information on the wiki, or in the game? I gnogged Grave Bolt onto a stronger trinket at the same lvl as the monsters I am killing but it still doesn't work any more. What's the deal and why can't I find info on this anywhere? This is kind of preventing me from progressing any further in Sapphiras Lament as most are in groups there that all come at once and kill me. It's pretty frustrating. The part that bothers me the most is that there is literally ZERO info about this in the game.

Nyxxe

Priestess
Royal Guardian
Platform
PC, Steam
The level of the rune is of the lvl of the original trinket on which it was. You got the level at that moment.
Grave bolt is a pretty new rune as it was introduced with a song of earth and sea if i recall rightly.
Wiki is done by players, so feel free to write about grave bolt on it.

You might be frustrated but remember most answers might be found by just asking other players in world chat. And lot of us did Sapphira s lament before grave bolt was introduced. It's doable. Do it bit by bit.

Platform
Android
The level of the rune is of the lvl of the original trinket on which it was. You got the level at that moment.
Grave bolt is a pretty new rune as it was introduced with a song of earth and sea if i recall rightly.
Wiki is done by players, so feel free to write about grave bolt on it.

You might be frustrated but remember most answers might be found by just asking other players in world chat. And lot of us did Sapphira s lament before grave bolt was introduced. It's doable. Do it bit by bit.
That makes sense about the rune being the lvl of the original trinket it was found on. But my main point is, that there is no info about this in the game. You would be surprised how many players are too shy to ask anything in world chat, so having this info in the game would be pretty helpful, especially to newer players.

The frustrating part is going in thinking that Grave Bolt is going to work, and then finding out that it suddenly doesn't work.

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
That makes sense about the rune being the lvl of the original trinket it was found on. But my main point is, that there is no info about this in the game. You would be surprised how many players are too shy to ask anything in world chat, so having this info in the game would be pretty helpful, especially to newer players.

The frustrating part is going in thinking that Grave Bolt is going to work, and then finding out that it suddenly doesn't work.
Yeah don't try it out in maldwyns, you'll die. I found out the hard way :p

Nyxxe

Priestess
Royal Guardian
Platform
PC, Steam
Every rune on gear - weapons, all type of armors, trinkets, shield, etc. - are of the lvl of the original gear.

Platform
Android
Every rune on gear - weapons, all type of armors, trinkets, shield, etc. - are of the lvl of the original gear.
Good to know, and hopefully the devs include original rune level or something similar in a future update.

Myst

Squirrel
Characters
Mystic Fox
Platform
PC
Good to know, and hopefully the devs include original rune level or something similar in a future update.
Ivar is working on something:

Platform
Android
Ivar is working on something:
wow you're right! I scrolled down on that link and there is an area that shows rune levels on the new tooltips. That's super exciting! Thanks for that :)

Reactions: Myst
  • Likex1

Kellieann

Wizard
Characters
Kellieann, Charlie, Shelliean
Platform
Android, PC
I have it also, I still use it, but it's very inconvenent when their are groups of mobs in a zone and want one at a time, the cooldown is too long.

Reactions: Kaydee
  • Likex1

Omnigma

Merchant
Characters
Omnigma
Platform
PC, Steam
Is it safe to assume that by your name your toon is a shadow priest? Isn't there a spell that will draw a single target out of a group?

IoOvOo

Wizard
Characters
loOvOo
Platform
Android, PC
Condemn can no longer do that now, and lightning bolt either.
Is it safe to assume that by your name your toon is a shadow priest? Isn't there a spell that will draw a single target out of a group?

Omnigma

Merchant
Characters
Omnigma
Platform
PC, Steam
Condemn can no longer do that now, and lightning bolt either.
ah, so its kinda like having the ability to shed aggro as a tank in that ya find yourself wondering... why? gotcha

Platform
Android
ah, so its kinda like having the ability to shed aggro as a tank in that ya find yourself wondering... why? gotcha
Yes I am a shadow priest good guess lol. And there is actually a shadow priest skill you get called whispers of the sect where it sheds aggro and I literally never have a use for that one.

I only use Grave Bolt for the single mob pulls. Yes it is SUPER inconvenient to wait for such a long cooldown when I am just trying to get through a dungeon with a ton of grouped mobs. Maybe in a future update that will shorten the cooldown?*Fingers Crossed*

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
And there is actually a shadow priest skill you get called whispers of the sect where it sheds aggro and I literally never have a use for that one.
I sometimes use that scepter rune in the event zones. As a high level shadow priest with extra talent points who uses lots of sockets, I'll use that if I pull aggro. (I keep it on a second scepter in the bag with my shiver belt and grave bolt trinket and swap it/them in as needed.) Like grave bolt, that scepter rune also has a long cooldown, but they can both come in handy in certain situations, when used sparingly.