Shadowcave

Wizard
Characters
Shadowcave, Shadowsmack
Platform
PC
I just wondered if you guys could give us a bit of an idea what you are up to atm and what you are thinking about changing/improving /adding to our beloved(crawling a bit here) game:)
Coz I am massively nosy and would love to know your plans for the future. Will settle for just a few tasters pretty please:D
P.S Forgot to say how amazingly, fantastically inventive/creative and generously wonderful u all are ( enough boot kissing for u?)

Reactions: Kaydee and IrishElf
  • Hahax2

KAVE

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
I'd love a teaser so I can keep my capped friends excited for the future. Cross your fingers, I am sure we'll see something soon

Reactions: Zazie
  • Likex1

Sarah Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Wow, Shadow, that was indeed some serious boot kissing! Well done! 😁

Hmm. How about I tease you all with the promise of a teaser. Ha, isn't that the worst?

But I can tell you this: In a few weeks time (date currently unknown), we will be doing a livestream, and providing some fun hints in it about what's in store next for V&H.

I can also tell you that we, Otters, are all very excited about what's coming next. And that is all I will tell you. :D

Xloui

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Aloui Bloui Cloui DeLoui
Platform
iOS
:oops:
You tease you!
it’s not fair!
😫

😄
Still love ❤ (always).

Shadowcave

Wizard
Characters
Shadowcave, Shadowsmack
Platform
PC
Thanks for the tease :D Way to give absolutely nothing away:D:D
Look forward to the livestream with baited breath..... (should I have mentioned the bottle of wine still outstanding lol ;D)

Reactions: Kaydee and Littlenymph
  • Hahax1
  • Likex1

Kaydee

Squirrel
Platform
PC
^^^
Off topic:

I've always wondered where the term 'baited breath' comes from... I mean, how does breath smelling of bait, attract whatever a person is waiting for... unless, of course, said person is looking to contact a shark, maybe?! 🦈 :unsure: 🤪

back on topic:
Thank you for the hint of an update, Sarah! (y) 🙂

Red Wizard

Arch Wizard
Characters
Red Wizard, Anyone
Platform
PC
^^^
Off topic:

I've always wondered where the term 'baited breath' comes from... I mean, how does breath smelling of bait, attract whatever a person is waiting for... unless, of course, said person is looking to contact a shark, maybe?! 🦈 :unsure: 🤪

back on topic:
Thank you for the hint of an update, Sarah! (y) 🙂
Bated breath is a phrase that means to hold one’s breath due to suspense, trepidation or fear. Bated breath is a phrase first mentioned in Shakespeare’s The Merchant of Venice.
It's a scene where Shylock, the moneylender, points out the irony of Antonio, the merchant, coming to him for a loan after treating him so poorly in the past. It reads like this:
Shall I bend low and in a bondman's key,
With bated breath and whispering humbleness, Say this;
“Fair sir, you spit on me on Wednesday last;
You spurn'd me such a day; another time
You call'd me dog; and for these courtesies
I'll lend you thus much moneys”?

The word bated is an abbreviation of the word abated, meaning to lessen in severity or amount. Bated is rarely used on its own as an adjective or verb anymore, but it lingers in the English language in the phrase bated breath.

Baited breath is a common misspelling of bated breath. Bait is a substance used as a lure to capture fish or other prey, therefore, someone with baited breath would probably have a terrible case of halitosis.

Leizong

Legendary Hero
Platform
Android, PC
[QUOTE =“ Sarah Otter,帖子:38449,成员:7”]
哇,影子,确实是一些严肃的接吻!做得好! 😁

嗯 我如何以预告片的承诺来逗你们所有人。哈,那不是最糟糕的吗?

但我可以告诉您:在几周后的时间(目前未知的日期)中,我们将进行直播,并在其中提供一些有趣的提示,说明V&H接下来要存储的内容。

我还可以告诉你,我们,水獭,对接下来的事情都感到非常兴奋。这就是我要告诉你的。 :D
[/引用]
非常期待

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
I'll probably get in trouble for leaking this out, but my unofficial, uncorroborated, and highly unreliable sources have confirmed that Otter illustrators have finally unlocked the mystery of the elusive bunny tail graphics that have confounded them for many years now.

While that is probably of the greatest interest to the vast majority of players, a small and silent minority will be pleased to learn of a home-themed "sleepover" arena where players can finally get a chance to scratch the PvP itch with one-on-one competitive pillow fighting. Look for a new line of clothing to complement this feature, to include a line of heroic onesies.

For those that are more concerned with vital aspects of the game, such as fashion, you will be pleased to learn that an expanded line of underwear will soon be available. Better yet, the villager aspect of the game has not been forgotten either. Mobile players will not only be able to name their sheep but will also have the ability to choose from an array of Lady GaGa inspired hairstyles for sheep to give them a greater degree of sheep individuality than can be found in any other MMO out there.

Truly exciting stuff ahead. It's almost enough to make me want to get my breath baited.

Kaydee

Squirrel
Platform
PC
Last edited
Bated breath is a phrase that means to hold one’s breath due to suspense, trepidation or fear. Bated breath is a phrase first mentioned in Shakespeare’s The Merchant of Venice.
It's a scene where Shylock, the moneylender, points out the irony of Antonio, the merchant, coming to him for a loan after treating him so poorly in the past. It reads like this:
Shall I bend low and in a bondman's key,
With bated breath and whispering humbleness, Say this;
“Fair sir, you spit on me on Wednesday last;
You spurn'd me such a day; another time
You call'd me dog; and for these courtesies
I'll lend you thus much moneys”?

The word bated is an abbreviation of the word abated, meaning to lessen in severity or amount. Bated is rarely used on its own as an adjective or verb anymore, but it lingers in the English language in the phrase bated breath.

Baited breath is a common misspelling of bated breath. Bait is a substance used as a lure to capture fish or other prey, therefore, someone with baited breath would probably have a terrible case of halitosis.
Thank you! It's one of those things one always means to look up, but for some unknown reason never does.
I never questioned the spelling, as that was the only way I ever saw it spelled... so the context in which this
phrase was used, never made sense to me... esp., since I have come across people with such a horrid case of
baited breath, I feared I'd pass out every time they spoke... 👀

Kaydee

Squirrel
Platform
PC
Isn't that my Priest?
I wasn't going to "out" you, so I clipped the image, but, yes, 'tis you.
It's a screenie I grabbed at Halloween, I was looking through them to decide which to keep,
and which to delete, when I came across this one, and the tale about the tail popped into mind... 😁 😆 😘