Dawnfire

Great Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Athon Dawnfire
Platform
Android, PC
Last edited
crowns_large.jpgI've seen this question asked a lot, and while there is no right answer to it, I figured I'd share my view on it. Do note, other people can think otherwise, and that is completely fine too, I encourage them to share their views, so people with this question can find more opinions on it! So let's get started.

0) Deluxe Upgrade - Starter deal
Time limited deal. Nothing ground breaking here. You get some epic gear scaled to your level (which you will most likely outlevel quite quick), XP boost for 3 days. Get this if you like the look of the armor, as you will unlock it permanently in your wardrobe. Otherwise you can pass on this.

1) Ardent Society Membership (Subscription)
For 7$ a month AS offers tons of great stuff. Besides free teleports to telepads, +100% XP to both combat and crafting/gathering/villaging skills, it also offers a daily chest for every single of your characters with great items in it to help you on your journey (sockets, unique XP boosters, mounts, potions, etc.) + 2 slots on the Shared Trunk that you can use as a shared bank with your alts. You also get -10% discount on every Crown shop item while your membership lasts, so if you plan to buy a few things there it can be beneficial to get AS first. First time purchasers will also get a pet, a mount and an outfit on all their current and future characters. I find AS to be one of the greatest deals, and very heavily recommend it, if you plan to stay awhile and definitely the 1st purchase you should make, as it will make the rest cheaper!

2) Bag/Vault/Shared Trunk Space
Both are invaluable additions to any character. On your adventures you'll accumulate a lot of loot, and some you might wish to keep for rebirths. Or you just enjoy gathering and crafting a lot and need more vault space to store all that stuff. Getting Bag/Vault Space is never a wrong choice, and should be among your first crown purchases. Shared Trunk is great for people with alts, makes moving stuff easier or you can just use it as an extra Vault.

3) Crown Shop Mount
Getting a mount from the shop will unlock premium mount speed (215% as opposed to the normal mount's 150%) for all the mounts on your character. If you just want the speed boost get the cheapest one, but if looks matter too, there are plenty options. Either way you'll be travelling on mount a lot in this game, as it has a vast world, so getting premium speed unlocked should also be among your first purchases.

4) Premium Crafting/Gathering Tools
If you plan to craft and gather a lot, these handy tools will make your life a tons easier. Not only you don't need to buy/craft new tools every few levels they also offer more XP, quicker actions, and less need for repairs. If you plan to get them buy them with the Reaper and Artificer's Pack. They are cheaper than buying the tools separately and also offer other goodies with them.

5) Starter Packs
I've already mentioned 2 of them, but there's also the Hero's and Homeowner's Pack, both offering neat little bonuses at a bargain price. If you plan to get all 4 and willing to spend quite a bit on the game, get the Ultimate starter pack as it combines all of them but at a discount.

FAQ:

What about Sockets?

You don't really need to buy any sockets if you play smart and plan ahead. Here are some pointers on how to.

What do you suggest if I have all I wanted from the above list?
Whatever you like! There are some cool outfits, weapon skins, mounts and toys/pets to get. Anything you fancy is totally fine to buy. Gnomish Jumping Boots and Finned Gauntlets are great items to get too, they will make traversing some of the areas a lot easier. Golden Bridle while expensive, will further boost your mount speed by +25% allowing you to travel around even quicker. Also more Vault space. You can never really go wrong with them. Character Slot if you wish to have even more alts. Lots of choices, all up to you!

The items are too expensive!
There are irregular sales when you can buy them cheaper (for example according to the previous years Black Friday will most likely have great sales). Starter Packs are crazy good deals during a sale especially with AS discount also added. There are also sales where you get bonus Crowns when you purchase Crowns, it's always a great time to stock up on them during these sales as they are rare and far in between. Lastly many of these items can be sold for in game gold, you just need to check the AH regularly or ask people if they would get them for you.

Helos

Citizen
Characters
Helos, Helox, Heloq
Platform
iOS
This is a great idea, and I'm surprised something like this is not stickied for people to reference. A lot of new players want to make purchases that are well informed and plus it helps the developers stay in business. Great idea.

I might add newly to the mount portion to check the current event zone for purchasable mounts with extra abilities, like flying over water, considering how incredibly valuable that is for leveling. I mean honestly just think about travern / reef.

Reactions: Dawnfire
  • Happyx1

Argus

Servant of Mallok
Characters
Argus Jessengith, Argus Shadow, Argus Skyhawk
Platform
Android, PC
I would suggest to get the membership first. That gives a lot of value and one of them is 10 percent discount on item shop which can stack with other sale. So after membership wait for a sale and then take advantage of the discount 🙂.

• Happyx1

Pugking

Squirrel
Platform
iOS
What I wonder is why the Ardent Society sub is $7 if I go online and sub to it but the price if you order it via mobile (in which buying for crowns is the only presented option I can see) it is double that after you convert the cowns to cash it was $45 for a 3 month sub. This left me with a bad taste in my mouth as far as game ethics. I am happy I did some hunting and asking or I'd be paying double the price I am now.

Edit: I'd also suggest buying one of those brooms (beware the witch brooms don't) that float on water if you are going to buy a premium mount. I swear leveling so far up to 25 it seems every map has a lot of random water patches and my toon who has a broom has a much easier time navigating.

Reactions: Dawnfire and Silver Wyrm
  • Likex2

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
Isn't that the android cut? They want money too so more expensive when you buy them. iOS does it too

CaraLox

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Platform
iOS, PC
What I wonder is why the Ardent Society sub is $7 if I go online and sub to it but the price if you order it via mobile (in which buying for crowns is the only presented option I can see) it is double that after you convert the cowns to cash it was $45 for a 3 month sub. This left me with a bad taste in my mouth as far as game ethics. I am happy I did some hunting and asking or I'd be paying double the price I am now.

Edit: I'd also suggest buying one of those brooms (beware the witch brooms don't) that float on water if you are going to buy a premium mount. I swear leveling so far up to 25 it seems every map has a lot of random water patches and my toon who has a broom has a much easier time navigating.
that is because Apple and Google take a cut whereas PC is direct purchase.

Regar

Grand Shaman
Platform
iOS
IMO, vault space is the most important purchase. Everything else is nice, and saves a ton of time, but there are just far too many things to save for later use that you collect in the game to go through without extra vaults. I currently have 7, and it’s nowhere near enough.

• Likex1

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
a mount for speed and indeed bags and vaults imo. slow speed is aggravating

• Likex1

Regar

Grand Shaman
Platform
iOS
a mount for speed and indeed bags and vaults imo. slow speed is aggravating
Mount is important, and useful for sure, but right now with 7 vault slots, I’m completely full and I don’t even have any crafting or crafted materials stored.

Xloui

Reader
Characters
Aloui Bloui Cloui DeLoui
Platform
iOS, PC
Last edited
Definitely get AS.

All characters/toons come with one vault and another one in starting calender. The same for bags if I remember correctly. Two characters are “free”, so another character gives two extra vaults and bags right there. Of course you will need shared trunk, but if you have AS ...
And all houses have vault too, so one more there.

If you like gathering all characters get supplies, and they get AS chests s well.

I play on ipad, but logged on pc to get AS subscription for $7. Works beautifully.

Edited to correct number of chars. Thanks Majenta.
❤

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
All characters/toons come with one vault and another one in starting calender. The same for bags if I remember correctly. Three characters are “free”, so four extra vaults and bags right there. Of course you will need shared trunk, but if you have AS ...
And all houses have vault too, so two more there.

If you like gathering all characters get supplies, and they get AS chests s well.

I play on ipad, but logged on pc to get AS subscription for $7. Works beautifully.
❤
You used to get three char slots - it's only two now.