Characters
Lucas Crowalker
Platform
PC
What is the most useful talent and why? I think Fire Wizard Rain of Destruction is the most useful. It says For every 5 critical strikes, Fire rains around you, dealing 150% to all enemies caught in the blast.

SprigOfHalcyon

Master Farmer
Royal Guardian
Platform
Android, PC
But I guess I do want to engage in this seriously :D

For groups, I think the Holy priest AoE Cure ultimate is most useful for parties (called Sanctified hands). Cure is almost the same amount of healing as mass heal does over 8 seconds, it casts and heals instantly, and it clears most negative effects. Being able to hit everyone at once means you don't have to target someone directly (and thereby stop dealing damage to the enemy). The build-up is nice (+40% holy power), but it takes 40 points, so verrry expensive.

For solo, I think the Shadow priest talent hexing shadows with ultimate unstable power is the best. Not only does hexing shadows reduce enemy damage by 10% (I know hunter and wizard also have a damage reduced by 10% feat, nice to stack them all 3 and the elders aren't hitting so hard anymore!), but unstable power lets you (sometimes) way overperform damage-wise compared to how Diet balanced the numbers. The fact that it's only 5 points to get these is the best value you can find.

There are some other amazing talents out there: Plaguelord, and "show them how" for hunters spring to my mind.

The rain of destruction seems nice, but like the shadow priest ultimate "soul corrupter", I worry it might not proc fast enough or for enough damage. I'm imagining that the autoattack is standard level damage? So, it's like one and a half autoattacks hitting mobs once out of every 5-ish spells cast? Not bad, of course, but maybe not amazing either.

Reactions: Kasdeya
  • Likex1

IoOvOo

Wizard
Characters
loOvOo
Platform
Android, PC
For wizard, Frostfire and its ultimate without doubt 😉

Illuthas

Wizard
Platform
PC
Perhaps not the most useful but definetly the most powerfull
Wizard Frost Nova
7 sec AOE stun with 21 sec cooldown. = no damage taken for 1/3 of the fight.

SprigOfHalcyon

Master Farmer
Royal Guardian
Platform
Android, PC
Perhaps not the most useful but definetly the most powerfull
Wizard Frost Nova
7 sec AOE stun with 21 sec cooldown. = no damage taken for 1/3 of the fight.
Nice indeed, but the l95 elders are immune to stuns entirely and the dungeon bounties and elders can only be stunned a few times in a certain period of time (I think it's around 2 times per minute, but don't know exactly). So, indeed, quite useful for bounty running, and a convenient touch for the "easy" bounties in dungeon runs, but not very useful against the big bosses.

Characters
Lucas Crowalker
Platform
PC
The rain of destruction seems nice, but like the shadow priest ultimate "soul corrupter", I worry it might not proc fast enough or for enough damage. I'm imagining that the autoattack is standard level damage? So, it's like one and a half autoattacks hitting mobs once out of every 5-ish spells cast? Not bad, of course, but maybe not amazing either.
True. It only works if you can stand five attacks. You might not be able to do that against Elders or Grinchta-like bosses.