Huginson

Citizen
One of the things i like most about games like this is gathering. However, there is one thing that is very annoying with the mechanics on Mining/Fishing/Lores in this game. You play the game and gather end then you find a Plentiful node ACA Silver deposit and you start to mine. You probably noticed that when you start the gathering a timer start, and you mine until the timer ends. Then the deposit is busy for others and they cannot access the deposit, however when the timer stops there is a slight delay before you can click the deposit again. This is when someone (that I did not even see was there), rush in and start using the deposit, making it unavailable to me.
Maybe this is as the developers intended that players should share plentiful deposits. However other games I played if someone is using a resource it is considered to be left to the player that is gathering the deposit until they are finished. To go in between or "hijack" it is considered to be rude.
As I said, maybe this is as intended for the developers could have prevented this by making the node unavailable for others let's say 5-10 seconds after the timer is finished.
As I do not know if this game has it's own "Rule of Engagement" I would like to know your opinion about this.

Thanks

Argus

Servant of Mallok
Characters
Argus Jessengith, Argus Shadow
Platform
Android, PC
To go in between or "hijack" it is considered to be rude
I have faced this on a plentiful node. It is indeed rude. I have the video of the player who have done it when i was gathering on the plentiful. The player was constantly clicking on the node so that as soon as the timer ends he can start mining. I reported this along with the video which i captured and of course none action was taken. As this things are not against TOS but it's the players who need to understand what is a good thing to do when you are in a online game.

Making the node unavailable for certain time for others and locked onto the current gatherer will definitely help. This kind of behaviour i consider harassment but unfortunately no action directly can be taken. So something should be implemented to prevent it ever happens.

Reactions: Huginson
  • Likex1

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
I think we all have had this happen because plentiful nodes are indeed rewarding. I will often start to click as my gathering ends so the chance is greater that I will continue gathering.
I don't know why people do this, it isn't generally a problem because most players do not do this.

Reactions: Nadiria and Huginson
  • Likex2

Lalocat

Hunter
Characters
Lalocat
Platform
Android, PC
Of course it was in the Thriving Isles. It will get better once you get over the 45-59 hump and make it into Pyrron, where plentiful nodes are not so scarce that losing one is a devastating tragedy.

Reactions: Zazie
  • Likex1

CaraLox

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Loxana/Mrs Doubtfire/Cara Lox
Platform
iOS, PC
Of course it was in the Thriving Isles. It will get better once you get over the 45-59 hump and make it into Pyrron, where plentiful nodes are not so scarce that losing one is a devastating tragedy.
It also gets a little more dangerous to stand around and gather, if someone steels your node you have options ;)

Reactions: Zazie
  • Hahax1

Lalocat

Hunter
Characters
Lalocat
Platform
Android, PC
It also gets a little more dangerous to stand around and gather, if someone steels your node you have options ;)
Nah. I had someone try to do that to me when I was gathering in Bevyn's post-rb, and the mob wouldn't attack my newborn character despite their efforts.

Reactions: CaraLox
  • Likex1

Candy Cotton

Warrior
Platform
PC
One of the things i like most about games like this is gathering. However, there is one thing that is very annoying with the mechanics on Mining/Fishing/Lores in this game. You play the game and gather end then you find a Plentiful node ACA Silver deposit and you start to mine. You probably noticed that when you start the gathering a timer start, and you mine until the timer ends. Then the deposit is busy for others and they cannot access the deposit, however when the timer stops there is a slight delay before you can click the deposit again. This is when someone (that I did not even see was there), rush in and start using the deposit, making it unavailable to me.
Maybe this is as the developers intended that players should share plentiful deposits. However other games I played if someone is using a resource it is considered to be left to the player that is gathering the deposit until they are finished. To go in between or "hijack" it is considered to be rude.
As I said, maybe this is as intended for the developers could have prevented this by making the node unavailable for others let's say 5-10 seconds after the timer is finished.
As I do not know if this game has it's own "Rule of Engagement" I would like to know your opinion about this.

Thanks
I don't think anybody wants to share a plentiful node. I did 'hijack' someone else node few times - just for fun. It was hilarious.不

Candy Cotton

Warrior
Platform
PC
I have faced this on a plentiful node. It is indeed rude. I have the video of the player who have done it when i was gathering on the plentiful. The player was constantly clicking on the node so that as soon as the timer ends he can start mining. I reported this along with the video which i captured and of course none action was taken. As this things are not against TOS but it's the players who need to understand what is a good thing to do when you are in a online game.

Making the node unavailable for certain time for others and locked onto the current gatherer will definitely help. This kind of behaviour i consider harassment but unfortunately no action directly can be taken. So something should be implemented to prevent it ever happens.
Seriously you reported someone took your plenty while you fall asleep?
A harassment, omg. Its a game. Can you imagine how many videos would be if every player recorded when someone took his Boss in front nose, because was in a hurry....happens every day...

:eek::ROFLMAO:

Argus

Servant of Mallok
Characters
Platform
Android, PC
Last edited
Seriously you reported someone took your plenty while you fall asleep?
A harassment, omg. Its a game. Can you imagine how many videos would be if every player recorded when someone took his Boss in front nose, because was in a hurry....happens every day...

:eek::ROFLMAO:
I was not asleep and that player was following me from one node to another. So it was intentionally done. I have no problem if i lost one plentiful or not. I will get that tomorrow or probably next day. I don't care. But i do care about behaviour. I do care that when someone is right in front of a node and as long as that player is front of it it's rude to gather from it. The player maybe afk or maybe rearranging inventory we don't know so it's best to stay clear of that specific node. At least that what i follow.

In any situation it was an isolated event. I was first to gather almost all and yaa i know how to troll the trolls 不不不.

Rachielle

Hunter
Platform
iOS
I don't think anybody wants to share a plentiful node. I did 'hijack' someone else node few times - just for fun. It was hilarious.不
I'll address this sincerely and ask what was fun about it?

(Argus, I'm totally with you on this.)

Panthera

Grand Priestess
Platform
Android, PC, Steam
I was not asleep and that player was following me from one node to another. So it was intentionally done. I have no problem if i lost one plentiful or not. I will get that tomorrow or probably next day. I don't care. But i do care about behaviour. I do care that when someone is right in front of a node and as long as that player is front of it it's rude to gather from it. The player maybe afk or maybe rearranging inventory we don't know so it's best to stay clear of that specific node. At least that what i follow.

In any situation it was an isolated event. I was first to gather almost all and yaa i know how to troll the trolls 不不不.
following you from node to node and repeatedly doing it is most deffinitly harassment

Argus

Servant of Mallok
Characters
Platform
Android, PC
not funny and also not something I would publicly admit to here where the dev's and game mods can see it.
It's nice that it's getting revealed. Because it's not possible to control this via report or game mods. Mad otters can see that it's actually a problem that needs to be addressed.
It's not about plentiful (if i lost one i can find one later, no problem) but more about creating nuisance for others. It's unhealthy to let people make fun at the expense of others.

Panthera

Grand Priestess
Platform
Android, PC, Steam
It's nice that it's getting revealed. Because it's not possible to control this via report or game mods. Mad otters can see that it's actually a problem that needs to be addressed.
It's not about plentiful (if i lost one i can find one later, no problem) but more about creating nuisance for others. It's unhealthy to let people make fun at the expense of others.
Agree "A Fool is the Thief that steals a smart phone then posts a selfie on his social media page with it" Makes bringing him to justice easy.

Argus

Servant of Mallok
Characters
Platform
Android, PC
Consider plentiful for gatherer as druda in event zone. If you wait for druda say 2 hours and then managed to find out someone solo it (just an example) and then again you had to wait another 2 hours to kill it. Its the same kind of annoying. It's hard to find plentiful during peak hours. But if plentiful node was as frequent as a bounty who respawn after 3 minutes then hardly anyone will care. Because even if you lost one you will know you will going to get one just a minute or two later.

Come to think of it maybe we can have once in a month a gathering event on a safe zone like lake kiwa where plentiful will respawn every few minutes for next 2 hours. The players can come together to gather. As this area have a large number of various nodes everyone will gain something. It may sound like a funny idea though .

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
While I understand it is frustrating (I would also be absolutely miffed if someone nicked the plenti I was gathering at) I would like to point out MO can't do much about it. It isn't against ToS, and unless the scenario posted above shows up (following around and purposefully take over a node every time again), which can actually be called harassment, it isn't against the rules. If it does indeed become a case of harassment (consequently the same person following you, always the same person taking over the node, etc) I would encourage anyone to report. But the individual, incidental case of nodenicking is nothing but plain rude (although annoying). You/we/MO can't punish rudeness. Trust me, I checked ;)

Bib3594

Shaman
Characters
Bib3594
Platform
Android, PC
Merci pour cette information Ekimie :) Je me demandais justement si il 矇tais n矇cessaire ou non de signaler le "vol" d'un plenti. Et si c'est autoris矇 par le r癡glement ou non ;)

Thanks for this information Ekimie :) I'm just wondering if it is necessary or not to report the "theft" of a plenti. And if it's allowed by the regulations or not ;)

Reactions: Candy Cotton
  • Hahax1