Math Fish

Squirrel
Royal Guardian
Characters
Math Fish (Marksman), Shama Fisha (Water), Accursed Angelfish (Shadow), Logical Loach (Fire)
Platform
PC, Steam
I have a few things to add and I think I will leave this to work on the next part of this series (yes, there is more lol).

First, I noticed that some related material appeared in the Review of Villagers and Heroes thread. I will link some of it here:
From these and the other posts I noticed a lot of frustration about the game's seeming bias toward having villager skills act as support for heroes, thus relegating villagers as second to heroes instead of being their equal. With that I have a few questions I would like to ask everyone to see if there are any other ideas out there I don't know about (or forgot):
  • Is gathering perfect? If so, is there anything that really stands out to you (like the relaxing nature of it mentioned before)? If not, what do you feel might make it better?
  • What do you feel like is needed to make Villagers more equal with Heroes? Does something need to be added? Or removed?
  • I've heard enough now about the ideas that were not good and I have even said as much myself (including the spider one). Is there anything positive anyone would like to say? Was there anything good at all? Reread the OP if you have to. There was a lot there that no one has mentioned yet.
I'll stop there. Too many questions will overwhelm and I try not to do that (believe it or not rofl). Anyway ... that is all I will say on this matter. I am moving on to the next topic (not sure which one, though).

Reactions: Zaphyra
  • Likex1

Kitty the Hunter

Villager
Platform
PC
Thank you for your effort to improve gathering. Truthfully, I'd rather improve crafting significantly rather than gathering. Many great ideas have already been written on this so I won't attempt to repeat them here. I suggest we could make something new from every gather type to go into whatever new recipes we might craft, but nothing like those old style hat recipes. We could have special nodes for this, or maybe just pour something (new recipe) onto the node to change it temporarily.

Reactions: Math Fish
  • Likex1

Zaphyra

Master Villager
Characters
Retired
Platform
Android, PC
Is gathering perfect? If so, is there anything that really stands out to you (like the relaxing nature of it mentioned before)? If not, what do you feel might make it better?
I enjoy the current gathering system, searching for plenties and watching items pop-up from the nodes. Any ideas to speed the gathering process, increase rare and legendary drops, add purple supplies and reduce tool repair costs... would be welcome changes. Anything that slows or interrupts the gathering process... would be unwelcome.

What do you feel like is needed to make Villagers more equal with Heroes? Does something need to be added? Or removed?
IMHO, a Villager's crafting ability shouldn't be limited by their combat level. Low-level Villagers may level up their gathering/crafting, by gathering mats in their Village... but even if they max all gathering/crafting skills, they can't craft level 95 Blighted recipes, unless they level-up their combat and farm Blighted recipes/mats in the Blighted Isles. I'd like the Devs to consider making Blighted recipes/mats unbound... so players may buy/sell/trade them. This would allow players to use their main Hero character to farm recipes/mats for their crafting alts and/or to buy/sell/trade with others. Which would allow Villagers to level-up their gathering/crafting and master the Blighted recipes, without leveling up their combat.... just like Heroes may level-up their combat, without bothering to gather/craft. This way, players may focus on activities they enjoy and buy/sell/trade with others, for things they need. 👨‍🌾🤝🦸‍♀️

I've heard enough now about the ideas that were not good and I have even said as much myself (including the spider one). Is there anything positive anyone would like to say? Was there anything good at all? Reread the OP if you have to. There was a lot there that no one has mentioned yet.
All your ideas to increase the rewards of gathering are good... anything that slows the gathering process, makes it more complex or increases the cost, would be unwelcome. 😬

And tyvm Math... for sharing your ideas, listening to our feedback and working to help improve our game. 😊👍

Tenzor

Legendary Hero
Characters
Dezgrim, Tenzor
Platform
Steam
Gathering need only ONLY ONLY!!! for Hunting plenty! my my precious

Reactions: Zaphyra
  • Hahax1

Giruv

Merchant
Royal Guardian
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
I would love an improvement in quality for normal gathering. Plentiful was nice, but it really makes normal gathering feel sucks. Like instead of just go and gather, what I and most people do seems to search for plenties and if there is none then I just don't gather for the day. I think it would be cool, if plentiful node can be achieved actively by the player. Like for example each time a latch cycle end there is 10% chance the node will turn into plentiful.

As for the gathering system itself, for me it does feel very lacking. Right now it feels like just an idle game with extra steps, I can't really see which part of clicking once per minute is "fun". I think I'd be happier if the latch just last forever till, my tools broke. I'd even say most idle game has more creative gathering by adding mini game, gathering active skill, etc. The core of the concept should be you get a bonus if you do things right, not punishment for doing things wrong. A simple addition could be something like if you pick up things manually you got double the amount.

Other than the gathering itself, I just no longer have a purpose for gathering anymore. I really miss having gathering/crafting daily quest and if possible a separate main quest for Villagers skill. Having a clear goal on what I should gather gonna make it feel much more enjoyable.

As for my "dream" hopefully we can get Talent Tree and Active Skill for Gathering and other Villager stuff too one day

Queeny

Citizen
Royal Guardian
Characters
Jenny The Brave ...
Platform
Android, PC
Last edited
For me gathering needs to be something relaxing, so no I wouldn't like interuptions.
Alas I only go out for gathering when I know I can find plenties. In the case I cannot find any, I don't gather, simply as that, which is actually a pity so if I could have the possibility that I could trigger a plenty by getting either x amount or x time gathered at the same tree/fish/bug whatever. This could trick me into go gathering.
Even now in the village I hardly gather stuff unless I lack something and need it asap because I'm crafting something.
So I have the feeling that all the projects to get the 10k bins were a bit useless :( The wellspring project could be used to get the chance that all or a type of gather gives us plenties in the village. Like all types of fish, or only plantlore ...

I would even suggest a 4th type of plant lore: herbs. Instead of planting them, we could use the garden spots for something else, maybe something like soya, rye, corn, to make new recipes in the kitchen. Or why not side quests for villagers or even main quests but not needed to move on, so that those who don't like the villager side of the game can skip them. It could be a whole line of quests, maybe with achievements, ...
Could again be a new project in the village. Also imo herbs should be asked more in quests.
Could also call it a 5 type of gathering. Plantlore could cover the wood and mushrooms. Fruit & Herbs could then cover of course fruit and herbs.

Instead of gems dropping while we gather, why not have a 2nd type of nodes in mining: gemstone mining --> could be used later, either to sell it, or have a new craft: jewelry. Smithing station could have an upgrade to jewelrymaking or could be new project.
Same with toolmaking, as un upgrade on all stations. At the woodshop to get our axe instead of a sickle to get wood - at the tailory to make or own
spool, ... (as a side note: make the icon for getting wood: an axe and NOT a saw)

Instead of the gems that would drop, we get immediately copper/silver/gold depending on the gem we used to get. We get the same with a step less, we don't have to go sell our gems, and we can save on some bagspace.

I also love the idea of being able to make our own lures - we could use the silkworms for fishlures ... as Zaphyra wrote.

And while I'm having more ideas. We should also get gather quests as we have the crafting quests at level 40. And why not at a higher level?

I was also thinking why not give us a random chance to get those housestyles things - those should only drop if you gather in your own village - I forgot what it is called.

Klaeklae

Bog Frog
Platform
Android
Once upon a time, there was an mmo with a lot of promise and a buggy release called Vanguard.

While I won't bore you with details of this diamond in the rough, it did have a unique, non-combat dimension to it which was called diplomacy.

The super short short version of diplomacy is that it allowed players to build influence with a given faction (there were at least 3) in certain zones which would provide unique faction buffs to anyone in the zone (like xp bonus, or movement speed bonus, or crafting bonus, for example) if the faction requirements were met. On an individual level (Similar to LvL 95 zones), having a high level in a particular faction would open up various crafting strategies and resources for that player. The catch was that you couldn't be high in faction with everyone, so you had to pick your poison.

Anyway, I only bring this up as it was an effective implementation of non-combat, villager-style rp action using non combat skills and talents in which one would have to level up just like combat skills and talents.

To me, this is the "villagers" part that is missing: diplomacy, building factions that have ramifications (example: if you could only build 1 or 2 blighted isles factions up as the others would drop in the process or trying to raise those), "earning" experience toward faction based or region based crafted legendary gear and potions, etc.

So, for example, imagine a VandH world that had a 7 or 8 or 20 different npc populations.. each with their own lore, artifacts, crafting specialties, gardening items, etc. And choosing to build faction through combat and non combat related actions with these populations would gradually open up different unique recipes and talents and crafting/gardening specialties, etc and allow one to give a form of "favor" to a zone in the form of a zone wide buff.

Something like that.

Faction almost becomes a form of non combat, or villager, experience.

-Klaeklae

Kitty the Hunter

Villager
Platform
PC
The super short short version of diplomacy is that it allowed players to build influence with a given faction (there were at least 3) in certain zones which would provide unique faction buffs to anyone in the zone (like xp bonus, or movement speed bonus, or crafting bonus, for example) if the faction requirements were met. On an individual level (Similar to LvL 95 zones), having a high level in a particular faction would open up various crafting strategies and resources for that player. The catch was that you couldn't be high in faction with everyone, so you had to pick your poison.

Anyway, I only bring this up as it was an effective implementation of non-combat, villager-style rp action using non combat skills and talents in which one would have to level up just like combat skills and talents.

To me, this is the "villagers" part that is missing: diplomacy, building factions that have ramifications (example: if you could only build 1 or 2 blighted isles factions up as the others would drop in the process or trying to raise those), "earning" experience toward faction based or region based crafted legendary gear and potions, etc.

So, for example, imagine a VandH world that had a 7 or 8 or 20 different npc populations.. each with their own lore, artifacts, crafting specialties, gardening items, etc. And choosing to build faction through combat and non combat related actions with these populations would gradually open up different unique recipes and talents and crafting/gardening specialties, etc and allow one to give a form of "favor" to a zone in the form of a zone wide buff.

Something like that.

Faction almost becomes a form of non combat, or villager, experience.

-Klaeklae
I can see a version of this working well with the villager side of the game. Villages could be the 'zones' making each village unique.

Zaphyra

Master Villager
Characters
Retired
Platform
Android, PC
I can see a version of this working well with the villager side of the game. Villages could be the 'zones' making each village unique.
I'm not sure how I feel about the "Faction" suggestion... but I think tying any new buffs to Villages, might increase the problems we have with limited housing space and hostile takovers. 😬

Allison Wonderland

Priestess
Royal Guardian
Platform
PC
4 suggestions for obtaining crafting motes without the need for crafters to engage in combat. If it is absolutely necessary for crafting motes to be bound for the game to function at least this way crafters could get the essential ingredient to craft Blighted gear without being required to farm motes from combat. (Obtaining the recipes is a subject that needs to be addressed on another thread).

Presently everything needed for crafting can be obtained in the village with the exception of crafting motes needed for level 95 gear. Crafting motes should be available to residents of a village.

1. Personal spawn spots at your house in the village.
The nodes could have a limited lifetime. Once the personal node was exhausted it would need to be replenished from a recipe or repeatable quest, like the village cooking quest. The number of nodes could be limited perhaps only 1 node of each type. Personal spawn spots would be exactly like wild nodes that would give the rare finds for each type of node and the level 90 nodes would also have crafting motes for lucky finds.

2. Village nodes
Crafting motes would be lucky finds in village nodes, like cornucopias.

3. Village project
Crafting motes lucky finds in village nodes could be added to the random rewards when Wellspring is ranked.

4. Crafting mote project. A new village project would be added. When the project is ranked level 90 nodes would yield crafting motes as lucky finds.

Why is a necessary to kill something to obtain a necessary crafting ingredient? It makes so much more sense that crafting motes be obtained using village skills, not combat skills .