Merchant
Royal Guardian
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
Last edited
Spell Rune Guide

All Spell cast range is 40 m, (including tidal wave 40 m AoE)
SLD = standard level damage, SLH = standard level heal, both have the same value, multiplier deviation 0.05

Damaging Abilities :
NameSLD MultiplierCool Down(second)Mana CostCast Time (second)Source
Water Bolt2.2 (1 star) - 3 (5 star)6501.1Drop, Elder Gear, Crafted
Water Whip3 (45% movement slow)8100instantDrop
Tidal Wave*1.4602001.2Elder Gear
Water Shield0.4 (per charge)301502.1Drop

Healing Abilities:
NameSLH MultiplierCool Down(second)Mana CostCast Time (second)Source
Rejuvenation0.365/second450instantDrop
Water Shield0.6/charge301502.1Drop
Healing Rain*1.8 - 2.4152501.1Crafted
Healing Wave2.1+0.12/s - 2.8+0.16/s6501Crafted
Swift Water1360500instantDrop
Tidal Wave*2.3602001.2Elder Gear
Cleansing Water (necklace)0.08/s (+ remove debuff)6150instantDrop necklace
*Aoe Ability
x-y (x= 1 star crafted/drop, y = 5 star crafted)
Bold do damage and heal
/s healing over time, All healing over time duration is 10 seconds

Recomended Build Without Socket
1. for solo leveling
- 1 Damage Spell + 1 heal spell + 1 damage&heal spell​
-2 Damage Spell + 1 Heal Spell​
-2 Damage Spell + 1 Heal&Damage Spell (not recommended except your level is higher than the zone you run because the healing is not enough to fight Venerable bosses or grouped enemies)​
2. Group content
- 2 Heal Spell + 1 Damage&Heal spell (at least one AoE)​
- 3 Heal Spell​

Optimum Balanced Build (cost 1 socket)
- 2 Damage Spell + 1 Heal Spell + 1 Heal&Damage Spell

Maxed Build
(Later)

Recommendation
- For damaging Feat both water bolt and Whip both are good, i recommend going for water bolt if you craft you weapon to 5 star, if you just use loot go for water whip
- For healing spell I recommend healing wave from 5 star axes because the instant heal will help a lot in emergencies, but if you don't craft rejuvenation is a viable option.
- For Damage&Heal Spell I recommend water shield for solo content and tidal wave for group content. Water shield is not so good on group content because if not cast on yourself only give 5 charge which make it pretty bad, while Tidal wave is not good for solo content because the AoE is so big that make it can attract unwanted enemy.

(missing lvl 55 elder gear spell rune and build more explanation)

Sinjin

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
iOS
Early days yet, as builds and talents aren’t present yet. I would, however, caution against making blanket statements as to available feats before introducing builds and talents as a statement like
Tidal wave is not good for solo content because the AoE is so big that make it can attract unwanted enemy
does not always apply, even in socket-free builds.

In group content, tidal vs twister vs <any other feat> is usually dictated by role and you can’t really address builds without discussing that first.

To my mind, these are currently the most common build variants for Water Shaman:

Leveling Builds
Whitecap (Water + Wind) - focus is on healing and higher single-target dmg.
Muddy (Water + Earth) - focus is on healing with high survivability
Riptide (nominally a pure Water build, but it really doesn’t ‘get gud’ unless it’s muddied up) - focus is on healing/survivability and dps is boosted via blasting and/or Windfury.

Group Content / End Game (right now, that means raids and 95 elders)
HealMonkey - focus is on healing, survivability and effective mana control, at the expense of utility and dmg
Support Healer - focus is on healing and dps, but likely includes either mistral and/or attune to wind (A2W) for its feat cd reset ability.
Solo Raid Champion - a purpose-built raid build; almost exclusively based on a muddy or riptide build but tuned just for raid success.

Giruv

Merchant
Royal Guardian
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
First of all I'm sorry that I haven't finish the guide yet, since I haven't toy around with my Shaman that much.

I feel like my statement is still true, I specifically mentioned its downside. I mentioned "...Tidal wave is not good for solo content because the AoE is so big that make it can attract unwanted enemy. " So the statement should only applies in solo content and in a case where I can attract unwanted enemy. So in group content and in case where I do want to attract as much as enemies around me, the statement might be wrong. I purposefully put the numbers up there so people can decide on their own, if they'll like the spell or not, and I just mentioned the plus and the negatives of each spell.

Even right now I haven't see a scenario where I need or want to use it, no matter the role. On solo I might want to use it on Riptide built to pull a lot of enemy, but even then I feel like the extra pull just gonna waste my time and can pull another group more precisely with my ranged spell. As a healer I find Healing Rain and Healing Wave is way more than enough for healing the whole group. As for Damage dealing role the damage is so low for such a long cooldown. It basically is Tempest of Roc with much bigger AoE.

Do you have a scenario where you do want or need to use Tidal Wave?

Sinjin

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
iOS
I tend to agree with you that the only thing both novel and useful about Tidal Wave is it’s range, but that’s precisely why I use it in muddy riptide (leveling) and raid (support healer) builds.

To me, Water is kinda boring and slow when playing in a build where dmg is limited to 2 dmg feats and 1 passive reflect. If you need to kill quickly solo, I believe nothing is faster than a well-geared Rippr.

The primary scenario where Tidal Wave is most useful is just as you described. Pulling everything within range into a typical solo high-survivability/high-blasting Riptide build.

Another couple of scenarios where it’s useful has to do with raiding. Some of the raids (as support/healer) are easier if you can pull the room and drag them. Often, this is to either force aegis on a trash mob lightly agro’d to a squishy, or to pull widely-spaced mobs into LW/ES’s smaller aoe threat skills. In this case, the modest agro gained from tidal’s weak dmg works in the caster’s favor.

Reactions: Giruv
  • Likex1

Viskage

Shaman
Platform
Android
I'm new to the game and not used to such little guides/theory crafting.

Could you expand on:

- Whitecap (Water + Wind) - focus is on healing and higher single-target dmg.

- I believe nothing is faster than a well-geared Rippr

My goal is to be healer + support(I enjoy playing the most needed roles for endgame. Is this the correct class for this goal?), but I would like to focus on reaching max lvl & rebirths before doing so. Does this mean focusing on damage to level and respec at 95?

I hate to ask for such details, but could someone suggest a build and class(with details or link) that fits the bill?

Giruv

Merchant
Royal Guardian
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
I don't usually go into details because there aren't really that many option, but there are a lot nitpick you can do. There are not that many option like weapon spell choice, Shaman have 8 Water spell, 1 wind, and 7 earth spell. So for the most part unless you want to take the hybrid route, usually just pick 1 or 2 water spell you don't like and keep the rest. For talent at max level and 5 rebirth, you will have 130 talent point to spend, while you only need 105 talent points to spend on a specific sub class, so usually just take em all, unless there is something that is bad.

I'd just say Water Shield+ Deluge (ultimate) is the best Shaman's spell packages for leveling so make sure to have it, everything else is more of a preference thing. While leveling, for talent I just get Deluge(5 cost talent) and then maxed out Water Affinity(40 cost talent), then back to preference thing from there, which usually lead to the two below

- Whitecap (Water + Wind) - focus is on healing and higher single-target dmg.
Not sure if, the one I got in mind is the same as sinjin, but it most likely it revolve around maxing Windfury talent (35 cost wind talent), which increase your single target damage by a huge amount. So with this built you rely doing more damage via the Windfury proc to kill enemy one by one quickly.

- I believe nothing is faster than a well-geared Rippr
This one revolves around maxing Riptide (30 cost water talent) and 1 point in Erosion(30 cost earth talent). Riptide upgrade your blasting (a proc to damage everything around you every time you take damage). Usually on this built you rely on gathering a huge group of enemy to attack you and killing them quickly with the blasting proc. For this built you need to have decent gear to make sure you can handle the enemy hit and have gear that have blasting stats to make sure your blasting do higher damage.

I'm always unsure how specific should it be, but if you got some more specific question I'll be glad to answer it.

Reactions: Sinjin and Viskage
  • Likex2

Viskage

Shaman
Platform
Android
I'm always unsure how specific should it be, but if you got some more specific question I'll be glad to answer it.
[/QUOTE]

This was perfect. Thank you!

Black_Cvlt

Arch Wizard
Characters
Danger Zone, Black Cvlt, Coup de Grace, Crafty Hands
Platform
Android, PC
My goal is to be healer + support(I enjoy playing the most needed roles for endgame. Is this the correct class for this goal?), but I would like to focus on reaching max lvl & rebirths before doing so. Does this mean focusing on damage to level and respec at 95?
Holy Priest provides much more damage than Water Shaman at 95 elders (heal is about the same for both classes, but Holy also has AoE Cure), which makes Holy more useful than Water.

Reactions: Dawnfire
  • Likex1

Dawnfire

Great Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Athon Dawnfire
Platform
Android, PC
I agree with Black_Cvlt, Holy is more damage atm, while also being great at support. But I want to put the two healers in a different context. Water Shaman is more defense/utility oriented healer, with a big focus on Healing over Time, while Holy Priest is more of a direct healer with offensive boosts to the party. To be more specific what unique party buffs each class bring:

Water Shaman:
- Water Shield (+ dps and heal for party members)
- Scion of the Elements (+8% Dodge chance for party member when using Cleansing Water on them)
- Attune to Wind (cooldown reduction to the whole group)
- Mistral (Powerful Mana restore to the whole group)
- Single target cure debuff

Holy Priest:
- Divine Inspiration (Single target beneficial feats have chance to give +20% Ability Power for 15 seconds)
- Holy Ardor (Heal has a chance to give 100% Crit for 5 seconds to the targeted player)
- Increased Will (for 15 seconds if Mass Shield expires without breaking)
- AoE cure debuff

For Holy Priest you can check out KAVE's in depth guide

Reactions: Bib3594
  • Likex1

Sinjin

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
iOS
Last edited
Yeah, a whitecap is basically a water shaman with windfury. It raises your single target dmg, but doesn’t really handicap healing to the point where you’re no longer effective as a primary healer. Scion of the Elements (the Windfury passive ultimate) has some bonuses that are sneaky good.

I only take Cleansing Waters on the necklace. I have no patience for being gored by boars, rooted by trees, and webbed by spiders. Just a personal opinion, but I find Terraform is weak, in comparison. Lulling Breeze is about the coolest spell in the game since it’s essentially the wizard’s old MindSpark AoE mez with a nice visual effect... but this is a game where CC plays almost no significant role, so Cleansing is my personal choice in any shaman build.

I'd just say Water Shield+ Deluge (ultimate) is the best Shaman's spell packages
I tend to agree with Giruv right down the line, but I believe ‘the best’ combo of feat and talent would be WaterShield+Deluge+1 point in Erosion.

I take 11 points in Earth (10 for Gaia’s Ward and 1 for Erosion) when doing a Riptide build just because I play with high latency internet connection and Gaia’s Ward will often increase your survivability against mobs and lag. I don’t slot Attune2Earth in a water build, I just have it for the passive shield.

Personally, I think the first 6 points should be Deluge plus one point in erosion... in almost any build.
- If you’re going water, your next 10 are for A2Water and after that take Living Water.
- If you’re going Water+Riptide, the next 10 after A2Water would go into Gaia’s Ward, then Riptide (taking 10 in A2Earth isn’t common for a water shaman, but it’s personally very highly recommended). If having Attune2Earth is a pita (because it keeps placing itself into empty slots on your quick bar) then just put 9 points into Gaia’s Ward instead.
- If you’re going earth, the first 6 are deluge/erosion (as with any other build), but your next 15 are for Seismic Drain (so Seismic Shock becomes a leech heal that you can force crit with brutal force, increasing your self healing/survivability) and then Attune2Earth.

For healing, I ignore Swift Waters completely. The heal is pretty massive (especially a brutal forced crit), but it suffers from a relatively long cooldown that is only occasionally mitigated by a Torrent proc (where the cd is ‘washed away’ instantly) that makes counting on it a tough spot (large incoming spike dmg to 1 or more individuals) a sketchy proposition. I’ve found using Living Water to address spike healing works well, coupled with a rotation where you stack hots, pop brutal force, Attune2Water (which instantly force-crits the remaining hot ticks), then popping zephyr’s enclave trink to wash away 40% of skill cooldowns to be significantly more effective than using SW when handling large spike dmg or where multiple people need healed.

Black_Cvlt

Arch Wizard
Characters
Danger Zone, Black Cvlt, Coup de Grace, Crafty Hands
Platform
Android, PC
Talent builds & Stats to get Mallok's Wind (Solo raiding)

Build №1

Raids: The Chanteuse's Rookery, Bandicott Woods, Mulgrew Swamp
Necklace spell: Cleansing Waters
Good solo target damage, cure debuff, +8% Dodge chance from Cleans. Waters, low survivability in comparison with build №2
Build №2
Raids: Bellamere Palace, Flooded Cloisters
Necklace spell: Terraform
Medium solo target damage, high survivability, deadly blows from Ravelle can be ignored
Weapon Feats:
123.jpg 124.jpg 125.jpg
Overall stats (without buffs):
stat.jpg

Reactions: Zaphyra and Sigfrido
  • Likex2

Bib3594

Master Cook
Characters
BibianeB-Bib3594 (former name) + Xena2594
Platform
Android, PC
Thank you very much for this guid guys ;)

Reactions: ishanroyc
  • Likex1

Giruv

Merchant
Royal Guardian
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
what du you think about this "skilltree"

It looks decent, but feel like a little bit all over the place. In general you'll want to fully max a talent to get the ultimate before taking the other talent.