Alethrii

Citizen
Platform
iOS, Android, PC
My water shaman occasionally pulls aggro which is very distressing and most definitely is not intentional. The trinkets for reducing threat are not adequate nor all that easy to switch to. The game isn't really set up right now for an easy switch of gear (something I would like to see; a one-click change of gear for group battles). So, most of us DO try to control our aggro using skills. For example, my water wave generates a tremendous amount of aggro so when I pop that, I try to immediately run at least two healing spells after that one - to the ones in the group that need it. The only boss in the ez that still goes super aggro despite me doing that is Jingle Ding, and he's ...special this year.

I think it would be a shame to nerf shaman - I like being able to solo play! I would like to see the warriors get back what was lost with Starfall. A lot of really cool and wonderful changes came with Starfall, but some of the changes to the classes themselves were not good. We lost a huge component of 'roles' in group battles. Prior Starfall warriors were truly tanks and/or dps (I did both using different gear when needed) and wizards were dps and mana support. Hunters were really good dps that didn't consistently pull aggro (unless they were that special breed of person who get a kick out of pulling aggro-you know who you are) and the priests provided superior healing and shielding.

Now, players don't seem to know, understand nor appreciate the role they should be taking in group battles. Wizards and Hunters will be in group battles trying to start it and get people killed. There is no understanding that I've seen (from a host of players - even those who should know better) of group battle mechanics. Wizards can no longer be mana support and the imbalance can be palpably felt on almost every single group run. The handful of runs I personally consider very successful are few and far between. People do run very beautiful, successful elder runs in the higher levels (for the most-part) and I I really think that is because in those particular settings each player knows it's not just about them.

I was shocked when I returned to the game and saw wizards tanking. There are always exceptional players who are able to achieve far above what their class inhibitors are but the lack of roles (and people understanding their roles) is a devastating black hole. And imo the 'generalization' of the classes themselves is also a part of the problem.

I say give the warriors back what was taken from them. The front line should have superior aggro at all times. Pewpews from the rest of us should NEVER pull aggro during a flux bonus time...the whole problem is so complex because it is built into the game itself AND people now have no idea what their roles are.
Exactly! It's the party mechanics and different roles each can play that I find fascinating and fun. How great does it feel when we each have a job to do and do it well? Taking that boss down smoothly and quickly *because* the group understands these dynamics...the tank holds the attention, and as nature hunter, I should be able to hit as hard as I can from a safe distance freeing up the healer to support the tank. But if I have to pull my punches because otherwise I'll steal aggro, the fight drags on, sometimes I steal aggro even with the debuff and watching the charts for threat output. Now the healer is having to quickly switch around to try to save the dps, then switch back when the tank gets aggro again...either because they ran over to take it or the dps dies 😣.

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Last edited
My water shaman occasionally pulls aggro which is very distressing and most definitely is not intentional.
I meant that those with the power to pull and keep the aggro know they can do it and do it because they can. And they do it every fight. I've seen it for a few years now since the nerf's to warriors began. We all see it, we know it exists, but no one wants their toons to be nerfed so they won't say it in public! Rarely can a lightning or fury warrior EVER pull aggro off other classes, especially shaman lately.
Does anyone really think it is OK for a class that was not made to be a tank actually tanks fights in the place of lightning warriors? Even fury warriors don't have enough power.
We SHOULD be able to run into a fight and keep the attention of the bounty while the wizards, hunters, shaman and priests fight them. Granted, the other classes in solo fights should draw the aggro of course, but lightning and fury warriors lost much damage when the first nerf was done years ago. Since then the "balance" as it was called isn't really balance. And mostly warriors just chase after the bounties as the wizards, hunters, priests and now shaman pull them all over.
V&H Elder threat output.jpg Should this be possible with similar elder levels, similar gear for the zone, the only difference is class really. This is a water shaman with 2 feats.

V&H elder excess healing.jpg Same shaman class, healing as well as attacking.

V&H elder damage per second.jpg Same Water Shaman out dpsing 2 wizards, 1 lightning warrior and 1 fury warrior.
Same thing in dungeons

V&H dungeon dmg per sec 1.jpgV&H dungeon healing.jpg

Reactions: Rohana, Greer and Catori
  • Wowx2
  • Likex1

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
Perhaps there needs to be a greater distinction between the water shaman and the earth shaman? (I'm expecting that it would be some sort of threat generating/reducing rune on the gear or somewhere built into the talent points.) Earth shaman should be able to generate aggro and adequately be a tank. Water shaman shouldn't be able to tank any better than a holy priest can. (And atm holy priests are probably better at tanking than they really should be, imo.)

Sure it's nice when a shaman can change gear, reset their talent points, and switch to playing the other subclass. Flexibility is incredibly helpful in group combat -- That ability to change your build according to the group's needs. However, they shouldn't have the best of both worlds, nor should they be able to change subclasses mid-battle. (I've seen plenty of the former but none of the latter in game.) If their build is an earth shaman, sure, they should be generating a high amount of aggro. But if they're running a water shaman build, they shouldn't be able to generate more aggro than a fury warrior or holy priest can.

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Any nerf to any toon would be tragic IMHO! No one wants to see that!!
Having players required to use a rune to reduce their aggro won't work and won't likely be used. Most who pull and hold aggro from warriors like it!
I really would like to see warriors given back what was taken, the better damage, the high aggro/taunt/ the ability to hold the full attention of the bounty.
Lightning warriors lost so much damage in the "balancing" that they are no longer a competitive class.
Fury warriors are supposed to have high dmg/low defense. But their dmg is lower than lightning.

Please revisit warriors!

Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
Last edited
Any nerf to any toon would be tragic IMHO! No one wants to see that!!
Sad may be but it just gonna happen sooner or later, they can just bump up every other classes then the game become too easy for again and then the enemy got buffed again, that will be a nerf to shaman, in a roundabout way without touching them...

As the game are now nerf will always come no matter how its done. The problem is all classes is just almost the same with each other with a little bit of twist, that why it is really easy to spot if a class is OP, and make balancing have to happen pretty often.

Lightning warriors lost so much damage in the "balancing" that they are no longer a competitive class.
The balancing that happen back then was necessary IMO but the nerf was too hard since they reduce lightning warrior damage by about 75% ( imagine if that nerf didn't happen) , after that lightning warrior only ever got buff bit by bit, and I'm quite happy with where they're now, their damage just a bit lower compared to other classes, and I just reported a bug with lightning warrior augmentation rune, hopefully after it resolved it can give the little bump that they needed
Fury warriors are supposed to have high dmg/low defense. But their dmg is lower than lightning.
and for fury or hybrid their damage is definitely higher than lightning warrior, comparable other DPS classes and tankier as well, They're the class that was able to solo dungeon (before dungeon buff) most efficiently.

For fury warrior I think the two handed sword need to be reworked as of right now they're so bad that it is hardy worth to use.

Exactly! It's the party mechanics and different roles each can play that I find fascinating and fun. How great does it feel when we each have a job to do and do it well? Taking that boss down smoothly and quickly *because* the group understands these dynamics...the tank holds the attention, and as nature hunter, I should be able to hit as hard as I can from a safe distance freeing up the healer to support the tank. But if I have to pull my punches because otherwise I'll steal aggro, the fight drags on, sometimes I steal aggro even with the debuff and watching the charts for threat output. Now the healer is having to quickly switch around to try to save the dps, then switch back when the tank gets aggro again...either because they ran over to take it or the dps dies 😣.
I believe the chances that DPS and healer could steal aggro should exist, because that kinda at the element of thinking and planning on fight, but probably not as easy as now. and I believe there should be more mechanics that revolve around the ranged DPS, right now most boss mechanics punish Melee class much heavier. Like moving around, while for other class when they move around they can keep hitting the boss that's hard to do for melee, also most boss debuff and stun target melee only. One of the good example for the mechanincs that's create a good balance for DPS and tank is Fenela (lvl 80 elder) the spider spawn force the ranged DPS class to go all out, but at the spiders spawn not the boss, that way DPS class can go all out but at the same time not stealing aggro.

Reactions: AdiHatiNaga
  • Likex1

IoOvOo

Wizard
Characters
loOvOo
Platform
Android, PC
Last edited
:unsure:Personally I think lightning warriors, shadow priests, water shaman and wizards are well-balanced now, while nature hunters, holy priests are overpowered. Fury warriors and marksman hunter needs more power. Earth shaman's threat generation is too efficient but other things are fine.

IMO balance means every class can find their roles such as tanks, dmg dealers, healers or supporters in the party, and what's important equally is that only one role can be played at the same time. Currently holy priests can do great dmg WHILE heal a lot. I'm not saying holy priests must be just healer. It is nice that they can choose to become dmg dealer, but doing smilar dmg as wizards while healing A LOT seems not fair to others. And nature hunters... I think everyone knows what I want to say🙃

And for warriors, fury warriors need more dmg obviously. However I think lightning warriors are ok now. With similar gears they can keep aggro well from at least wizards. And if some LW found bosses were pulled by wizards ALL THE TIME, maybe u should check ur gears. To keep tanking, efforts are needed. But if bosses were pulled by earth shaman, I think this is because of unbalance. Simply using threat combat chart to show this is unfair to shaman coz earth shaman deals threat while enemies atk him so after enemies start to atk him more and more threat would be caused. The problem is earth shaman can pull the targets from lightning warrior soooooooooo easily and unstoppable. Once at grinchta I found I couldn't pull the boss from a lv50 earth shaman. I was glad somehow because I didn't have to face the danger of death but confused at the same time. Though I'm just a wizard I think a lv50 Lightning can never stop me from doing that, even in EZ.

Besides, balance between talents are desired. I'm sorry to say that some talents are totally useless. They aren't even 'choice'. This situation has prevent us from building more variously.

BTW I'm waiting for the topic 'Wizard equality from the eyes of a hunter'.
Farewell ppl I have to run away before holy priests and nature hunters arrive:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Giruv and Joleen
  • Likex1
  • Hahax1

Joleen

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Kavita, Katona, Chephirah
Platform
Android, PC
I'm a water sham, and when Kavita has been out doing bounties (only then-and depending on who is there) she can pop into the EZ and grab both highest dmg and highest healing on the charts. That has more to do with the stacking effects I have on her gear which help her to go through bounties quicker (it still takes her a horribly long time doing bounties in Cinder) and it actually helps the group because when her water power is highest her heals are awesome. But, when this does happen I have also noticed that at those times she didn't pull aggro once - except on Jingle and as I've said before, Jingle is special. It has taken me weeks of watching my own patterns and the charts to figure out what was happening. When Kavita goes in 'dry' she is usually around 5-7 in dmg and 1 or 2 in healing, which by my calculations, based on several factors including gnogging feels to be about right.

IF our warriors were given back their threat AND their power I think the marriage would be complete and we could all not only enjoy the EZ's more, but dungeons (huge topic) would be more doable.

I'm personally sick and tired of seeing our warriors dismayed over and over at losing threat. They blame themselves, and it's sad, because those of us who have been around long enough to remember how it was before the nerf know - IT IS NOT THEM. I've seen them so discouraged they want to quit, which is super upsetting.

Kavita has tanked out of pure necessity in the Halloween EZ (remember those sweet buffs?) and once in the present EZ - again, out of pure necessity and it wasn't Jingle (lol)! But, yes, let us not forget that those earth shams are made to be a tank, and we have several that are close to the 90's and are a great addition to the team. So, water shams tanking (at least from what I'm seeing) is a slight aberration and very rare. Earth shams SHOULD be tanking - that's what they were made to do.

• Likex1

Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
Currently holy priests can do great dmg WHILE heal a lot.
Also think that holy priest the strongest class right now, they can both tank, heal and the top dps at the same time, but somehow I don't feel that they're that overpowered in an oppressive way, because to achieve what they can do is very hard, like on a dungeon run a "do it all priest" that I know, he have to spend like 50+ mana pots while I only spend 1 or 2 and the damage difference isn't that big. While Shaman still under priest on the power level, they felt oppressive considering how easy they can achieve that power level.

But, when this does happen I have also noticed that at those times she didn't pull aggro once - except on Jingle and as I've said before, Jingle is special.
Jingle is indeed special, the amount of time he slow and stun, especially the deep freeze that stun for 10 second there is nothing a tank can do to keep aggro in that situation, with liberty dram it's still a 5 second stun and a is pretty big time to steal aggro.

• Likex1
Characters
Tiffa, Ruby Wolf
Platform
Android, PC
The main problem it that each class/sub-class need to have a set primary roll.
Class Roll types:
  • Tank: High Defence & Aggro, but lower Damage output = Lighting Warrior
  • Brute: Average level Damage, Defence & Aggro = Earth Shaman
  • Scrapper: High Damage but lower Defence & Aggro = Fury Warrior
  • Crowd Control: Mob fighters with High damage AOE spells = Marksman Hunter & Fire Wizard
  • Healers: Primary job of healing and buffing allies = Holy Priest
  • Support: Buffing allies & debuffing foes = Water Shaman, Ice wizard, Nature Hunter, Dark Priest
If we have a clear class roll definations & and the devs get the powers tuned for their rolls then the game will need less tweeking in the future.
As it is now some buffing and nerfing needs to be done so that all classes can be able to solo the game but not easily.
I think having each sub-class should bring some special boost to a group when teamed up. Example: Lighting warrior lowers other team members threat output by 5%, Holy priest increases all team health recovery by 5%, Water Shaman in creases the Mana recovery by 5%, Etc....

Reactions: Rohana
  • Likex1

Halleebell

Squirrel
Characters
Hallee/Freyra
Platform
iOS, PC
On my hunter I pull aggro all the time from my bf(lightning warrior) Iv been supplying him with gear, swords cause Iv mastered all on my main. The cool down on the threat feat is truely useless. I can use it once then have to wait a few bosses before I can use again. I literally have to stop fighting so he can take aggro back. If not and we have a big enough group we’re fighting I’ll die. From what I understand his defense is higher then his attack much higher. He’s a lvl above me. Yes I have a few rebirths on him but the way he builds his TANK is the way you should build your tank yet a hunter DPS Is stealing aggro. Iv been trying to help him build the way I did my main which would normally hold ag almost always which is balancing Attack and defense making them almost even. It makes your tank a bit squishy but I’d almost always keep aggro when I did. With a few excepts with better tanks and a few wizards. Once the sham was introduced and we had sham around I’d say lvl 85 they were stealing aggro almost always. In my opinion a tank is a tank. Which means they keep the bad guys off everyone else so they can do what they do best which is damage. With the short amount of time Iv been with the game (2 years) tanks seem to get weaker and weaker. I personally like to tank I like keeping the enemy’s off of everyone else. But I also don’t see the point in being a lightning warrior when I can choose sham instead and or a wizard if I build it right and become a tank that way. Even my hunter can be a tank a reallll squishy one but still. I’d really like to see some improvement on the warriors I truely believe they need it. I’d hate to see classes get nerfed. The more I talk with other lightning warriors the more I see them being very dissatisfied with their class. I really don’t hear very much about other classes or players being unhappy with it except With maybe hunters and how much they die 😂😂 That’s been a topic of conversation more then I can count. Luckily there’s a few ways to drop the number of deaths when putting points into certain talents to get better health yada yada. I understand each class can solo each class can play each role to a point. But honestly having a wizard take aggro or a hunter or both when running let’s say in a dungeon is highly annoying for the tank who then has to run around with theyre heads cut off trying to catch it Causing chaos within the group causing deaths And also confusion. I’d say it would even be annoying to the earth sham who is tanking. Im not saying tanks need major work just a little bit so once again a lightning warrior can once again be what the truely are a tank.

Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
Class Roll types:
  • Crowd Control: Mob fighters with High damage AOE spells = Marksman Hunter & Fire Wizard
  • Support: Buffing allies & debuffing foes = Water Shaman, Ice wizard, Nature Hunter, Dark Priest
If we have a clear class roll definations & and the devs get the powers tuned for their rolls then the game will need less tweeking in the future.
As it is now some buffing and nerfing needs to be done so that all classes can be able to solo the game but not easily.
I think having each sub-class should bring some special boost to a group when teamed up. Example: Lighting warrior lowers other team members threat output by 5%, Holy priest increases all team health recovery by 5%, Water Shaman in creases the Mana recovery by 5%, Etc....
Kinda what have to be done, the only problem is that player can easily go hybrid, like hybrid warrior that just and unkillable DPS, which make it hard make class roll and definition to be applied. At the same time don't want hybrid to be removed because for me it's the most fun way to play all the classes, because of the complexity, variation and high risk high reward nature that I can't get elsewhere other then building a hybrid.

• Likex1

IoOvOo

Wizard
Characters
loOvOo
Platform
Android, PC
Class Roll types:
Class roll types are necessary but maybe allowing each subclass being able to choose different roles would be better.
For example, as a lightning warrior he can choose to be a dmg dealer as well. However the talents should be redesigned carefully so that when he chose to be a dmg dealer he could no longer tank. When choosing to be more tanky, part of dmg has to be given up, and vice versa. In this way building might be able to provide more fun. 😉

• Likex1

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
I love that other classes finally got some love! I love seeing other classes being able to solo! And I am always the first one saying please do not nerf other classes! That's the fastest way to upset people. But warriors have consistently been reduced to an unnecessary class.

I really hate seeing that Lightning warriors cannot generally do their job as a tank and Fury warriors just don't cut it. I've had a warrior for almost 9 years now, and have seen the various ways they've changed. I am to the point I am going to retire my lightning warrior because she is unnecessary. When a hybrid water shaman, a hunter, a wizard can do a better job than she can at holding aggro, it's time to park her. :cry:

Characters
Tiffa, Ruby Wolf
Platform
Android, PC
Having a new Warrior only spell for Necklace (replacing Mind Spark) such as Goad that can be used to raise the warrior's threat output by (25% to 50%) for 30 secs and with a 30 sec cooldown might also help the warrior class to be a better tank

Reactions: Alethrii
  • Likex1

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Having a new Warrior only spell for Necklace (replacing Mind Spark) such as Goad that can be used to raise the warrior's threat output by (25% to 50%) for 30 secs and with a 30 sec cooldown might also help the warrior class to be a better tank
Maybe give warriors a taunt feat with no mana cost or cooldown and huge taunt? Because it appears the Lightning Bolt just isn't enough to overcome all the other classes.

Reactions: Halleebell and Alethrii
  • Lovex1
  • Likex1

Alethrii

Citizen
Platform
iOS, Android, PC
But I don't want to lose another spot on necklace.

Maybe give warriors a taunt feat with no mana cost or cooldown and huge taunt? Because it appears the Lightning Bolt just isn't enough to overcome all the other classes.
That sounds like an excellent idea!! Especially since creating and maintaining threat is what lightning warriors are made to do!

KAVE

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
I think Lightning Warriors could use an additional AoE threat generator. My thunderbolt has a 14.8 second cooldown, and that's with 40% expertise. I also feel that Rally should be repurposed as a threat generator rather than a group buff.

Perhaps Rally could do the following:
Once activated, 10% of all damage done by nearby allies within the next 10 seconds will be added onto your Threat over the following 30 seconds
Values could be modified for balancing purposes of course, but that's the concept.

I also feel that the talent Tempest should be slightly buffed due to its high talent point cost (30):
1581470021060.png
Instead of a 20% chance, it should give Thunderbird Strike a 40% chance to summon Thunderbolt once maxed.

Last but not least, Thunderbird Strike is a damage-dealing spell, but deals less damage than Pummel, which is an aggro generator. I would suggest turning Thunderbird Strike into a close-proximity AoE like Dragon Strike.

Reactions: Sinjin
  • Likex1

Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
Perhaps Rally could do the following:
Once activated, 10% of all damage done by nearby allies within the next 10 seconds will be added onto your Threat over the following 30 seconds
Values could be modified for balancing purposes of course, but that's the concept.
I think it will be cooler if when activated
You absorb 15% of damage done to you allies.
I think that's one of the good way to take advantage of warrior tankiness, because as of right now building super tanky warrior is just bad since it have no purposes. This can also help when a party have more than 1 lightning warrior, that way 1 warrior take the big hit from the bosses while the other one can help soak the damage done to the party.

I also feel that the talent Tempest should be slightly buffed due to its high talent point cost (30):
Agreed with that. It is one of the worst talent considering it cost 30 talent point

Last but not least, Thunderbird Strike is a damage-dealing spell, but deals less damage than Pummel
I think this is one of the part where crafted gears make game balance go weird since if compared to the drop version Thunderbird Strike do more damage than pummel, but if you compare the 5 star crafted version pummel do more damage. For Thunderbird Strike I think it will great if both the damage and cooldown is doubled, since right now lightning warrior have to many low damage low cooldown feat which make maximizing our abilities really hard.

• Likex1

KAVE

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
This is a chart for the duration of the Benedicta Battle in Heroic Cloister. Note that the damage is only for Benedicta's encounter, and not for the entire Dungeon run. All numbers are in the millions.

I am # 6, the Lightning Warrior. For my class I feel like I'm dealing pretty decent damage. I could hold aggro against everyone except number 1 who dealt almost 3x my damage output.

Everyone from the first to the 11th position are level 95 players. There are even some level 95s scattered in the 12 - 20 range. There were also 2 primary healers (21 and 22) who I did not include.

My question is, I feel like I'm near or at the cap for damage that a lightning warrior can do. I should be focusing on defense but instead I need to focus on offense in order to have a chance at maintaining aggro against some of these elite DPS. What are our options here?

Should we nerf and buff classes or instead figure out how players are able to achieve such massive numbers and tone things down from the time. Note that the difference between # 1 and # 2 is vast. It's not a steady slope at all. There are quite a few players who somehow manage to achieve these remarkable numbers, but whenever I look at their build.. it just seems normal, like any other.

I think we need to look at stats such as Savagery and Brutality and put a lower cap on them. These seem to be the major culprits behind the damage spikes. We seriously need to watch out or else this will become a DPS only game. Tanks and healers won't matter if DPS can obliterate enemies in sheer seconds

1581639159625.png

Reactions: Sinjin and Zazie
  • Likex2

Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
Should we nerf and buff classes or instead figure out how players are able to achieve such massive numbers and tone things down from the time. Note that the difference between # 1 and # 2 is vast. It's not a steady slope at all. There are quite a few players who somehow manage to achieve these remarkable numbers, but whenever I look at their build.. it just seems normal, like any other.
The first thing I usually asked #1 damage dealer if the difference is that big is how many mana pot did they use? And usually it will be astounding how many mana pot that they use. On the current game condition stats and talent won't make much difference, since stats have diminishing return and amount the number of talent available is very limited, so play style actually make a huge difference. My first guess for this to happen is that the wizard is single target focused hybrid wizard or this wizard just chug down ton of mana pots to sustain and spam mana fire.

If you watch sprig video on the recent solo HHoS run try to count the pots he use and notice the downtime of his feat. He used 100+ pots and almost no downtime on his feat he already spam his feat just before it finished it cooldown) I think that make a huge difference, considering how fast paced the combat is 1 second down time on feat is already around ~10-15% DPS lost (considering most feat have 5-10 sec cooldown). I wanna say priest is OP but there are not many that'll go that far to pursue that type of play style.

That's why I would like to suggest to slow down the combat pacing, one of them is by increasing most feat cool down and damage it will lessen things like the impact of downtime and reduce the gap of the hardcore and the casual.

My question is, I feel like I'm near or at the cap for damage that a lightning warrior can do. I should be focusing on defense but instead I need to focus on offense in order to have a chance at maintaining aggro against some of these elite DPS. What are our options here?
Right now all class just felt the same with a little variation here and there, hence going super defensive just won't cut it, especially since there are no content that need one. Everyone have to make versatile built, going to the extreme built just won't reward you anything. That is the biggest flaw of the current game design on the combat side which can't be remedied by simple tweak .

• Likex1