Roweena

Master Villager
Platform
Steam
I would like to see a msg. board in the villages that listed the materials that are needed for that day all in one place. Not to donate in one spot, but rather just a list and location. That way we could find out what we needed that day, instead of running all over the village and guessing.

thank you for taking the time to read this.

Oceans Dancing

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Oceans Dancing
Platform
PC, Steam
As a former mayor who spent a lot of time tracking and posting station upgrade needs EVERY OTHER DAY for my residents... I can tell you, this idea is ingenious! IF people want to know what a station needs that day, reading it in a central place, is far and away a better plan than what I was doing!! it was an onerous chore!

KrakatoaEdm

Citizen
Characters
KrakatoaEdm
Platform
iOS, PC
I would like to see a msg. board in the villages that listed the materials that are needed for that day all in one place. Not to donate in one spot, but rather just a list and location. That way we could find out what we needed that day, instead of running all over the village and guessing.

thank you for taking the time to read this.
I can't tell you how much I applaud your suggestion and how much I would love to see the feature implemented. Something as simple as a "Message from Your Mayor" would do the trick. Unfortunately, though, some people don't seem to care. I sent a message to two of the deputy mayors of my village, both high level players, asking them what project the village was concentrating on so that I knew where to concentrate my donation efforts too, but I never even got a response. To tell you the truth the only reason I'm still there is because I haven't researched the consequences of changing villages and if so, where to go if there is actually anywhere better to go ----- sorry about the gratuitous rant LOL :oops::oops:

Arjuna

Grand Priest
Characters
Arjuna
Platform
Android
the only reason I'm still there is because I haven't researched the consequences of changing villages and if so, where to go if there is actually anywhere better to go
Good, organized guilds actually send emails throughout the week reminding everyone where to focus. This is why the board would be so helpful and relieve guild leaders from this tedious responsibility.

Find a new guild that cares!

The only penalty to moving is that you'll lose your crops if they're not finished, and maybe you'll have to settle on any land that is available in a new village as opposed to a preferred plot.

I would not want to be in a guild where the "leaders" ignore your emails and attempts to improve your village.

Characters
Tiffa, Ruby Wolf
Platform
Android, PC
I can't tell you how much I applaud your suggestion and how much I would love to see the feature implemented. Something as simple as a "Message from Your Mayor" would do the trick. Unfortunately, though, some people don't seem to care. I sent a message to two of the deputy mayors of my village, both high level players, asking them what project the village was concentrating on so that I knew where to concentrate my donation efforts too, but I never even got a response. To tell you the truth the only reason I'm still there is because I haven't researched the consequences of changing villages and if so, where to go if there is actually anywhere better to go ----- sorry about the gratuitous rant LOL :oops::oops:
All you loose my moving out of a village is your unharvested Crops. There are a lot of good villages all you have to do is go visit them and find ones that have openings, or jf you have some in game friends ask them if they have any openings in their village or guild village, if you don't mind joining a guild.

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Unfortunately there is just no way to tell if a village is currently being developed by it's inhabitants or not, except by asking around in world chat.

You could try simply going into a village and checking the village notice board to see if the projects are a bit higher (say rank 4 or 5 rather than all rank 1 or 2, but this is by no means conclusive as the village may for example be a former guild village, or may have been developed in the past by players who later moved to another village or perhaps simply left the game.

One good indicator might be the CoG vendor project by the entrance, but just like the town hall notice board it doesn't prove the village is under development now, simply that at some point, someone was working on it.

Also as mentioned above, as long as you gather any current crops before moving there is absolutely no penalty for moving house. Simply click on your current house (not the door) and choose move out, then go to a new village, find an open spot you like, and build a new house there. You may have to wait for the Mayor to give you vault access, but if you are helping with village projects in a village which is actively working on those, I doubt you will have any problems there.

Stella StormSong

Huntress
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
my pet peeve with village projects is when multiple projects ask for the same donation on the same day. Few days ago I had 3 projects all asking for timber. It would be great if projects asked for entirely different donations daily. And a message board as suggested above would be great way to see what projects need and plan your contributions.

Reactions: Seawolf and Greer
  • Likex2

Greengo

Citizen
Characters
Greengo
Platform
PC
I made a post about how the village stats should be able to be seen at the entrance portal so you could choose what village you want to join. every project level would be nice, and enhancement level and cog traders. and a way to sort the best to the top of the list

Characters
Tiffa, Ruby Wolf
Platform
Android, PC
I made a post about how the village stats should be able to be seen at the entrance portal so you could choose what village you want to join. every project level would be nice, and enhancement level and cog traders. and a way to sort the best to the top of the list
How about having a number that represents the total amount of village projects done (except Wellspring sense it is not a perminant buff)
Example: So all craft projects have 6 levels, the vault has 12 levels, other projects have only 1 and the gathering have 6 levels (I think).
So gathering numbers would range from 0 to 48, Crafting 0 to 24, vault 0 to 12 & other village projects(8) 0 to 8 so a max total would be 92.

So village portal could show :
Village Name - Completion number - Residence
Otter City - 85/92 - 60/60
Gator hamlet - 5/92 - 10/60

I know my numbers are off just using them as an example.

Greengo

Citizen
Characters
Greengo
Platform
PC
How about having a number that represents the total amount of village projects done (except Wellspring sense it is not a perminant buff)
Example: So all craft projects have 6 levels, the vault has 12 levels, other projects have only 1 and the gathering have 6 levels (I think).
So gathering numbers would range from 0 to 48, Crafting 0 to 24, vault 0 to 12 & other village projects(8) 0 to 8 so a max total would be 92.

So village portal could show :
Village Name - Completion number - Residence
Otter City - 85/92 - 60/60
Gator hamlet - 5/92 - 10/60

I know my numbers are off just using them as an example.
I don't like or want a single number for all the projects. many projects mean nothing to me, and a high score as a result of those projects being complete would be misleading. I need to know WHICH projects are completed, and I don't know if having the cog dealer is a project or the result of one, but i need to know that (or think i do, lol) like I currently was looking for a village that had high enhancement level for th3e tailory I dont even know if there is such a comparable thing for other projects like smithing, but i SURE dont care if they built all their statues and emperian machine or not.

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
There are indeed enhancements which are obtained by developing tailory, smithy and wood crafting stations.

Cog is also a project.

Generally the projects considered most useful are the CoG vendors, the crafting stations and the Vault, so whilst I agree that a simple number out of 92 possible ranks might not give as much information as a complete list, it would probably give a fair idea of which were the most developed villages, and visiting each village with a high score, whilst still time consuming would still be less of a chore than trying to visit every village to inspect what progress had been made on the individual projects. So whilst a more extensive list would be more helpful, a simple score out of 92 (or whatever the total of all ranks may be) would be a useful first step.

Reactions: Catori and Zazie
  • Likex2

Greengo

Citizen
Characters
Greengo
Platform
PC
There are indeed enhancements which are obtained by developing tailory, smithy and wood crafting stations.

Cog is also a project.

Generally the projects considered most useful are the CoG vendors, the crafting stations and the Vault, so whilst I agree that a simple number out of 92 possible ranks might not give as much information as a complete list, it would probably give a fair idea of which were the most developed villages, and visiting each village with a high score, whilst still time consuming would still be less of a chore than trying to visit every village to inspect what progress had been made on the individual projects. So whilst a more extensive list would be more helpful, a simple score out of 92 (or whatever the total of all ranks may be) would be a useful first step.
wow. there are 92 projects? okay, so a list of what it had would be unwieldy. How about a compromise. a list of all the projects by number somewhere, and the top ten projects with the highest numbers listed beside the village name? or is ten too many? top 5? like: we have proj 92, 87, 4, 6, and22 of high rank. ?
still wanna be able to sort by name and pop. lol

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
wow. there are 92 projects? okay, so a list of what it had would be unwieldy. How about a compromise. a list of all the projects by number somewhere, and the top ten projects with the highest numbers listed beside the village name? or is ten too many? top 5? like: we have proj 92, 87, 4, 6, and22 of high rank. ?
still wanna be able to sort by name and pop. lol
No, the number 92 was taken from a previous post. Not the number of actual projects, but the total of all the ranks of the various projects.

The major projects are the CoG vendors, the village vault, the four crafting stations, four gathering stations (which increase the capacity of the nodes), various cosmetic projects (soil, trees and sky) the training grounds and a few statues (cosmetic only). Each project has a different number of ranks. A previous poster had estimated the total ranks at 92. I simply used the same number.

Greengo

Citizen
Characters
Greengo
Platform
PC
No, the number 92 was taken from a previous post. Not the number of actual projects, but the total of all the ranks of the various projects.

The major projects are the CoG vendors, the village vault, the four crafting stations, four gathering stations (which increase the capacity of the nodes), various cosmetic projects (soil, trees and sky) the training grounds and a few statues (cosmetic only). Each project has a different number of ranks. A previous poster had estimated the total ranks at 92. I simply used the same number.
so approxx ten utility projects. that would be feasible to list their ranks at the gate. thanks for clarifying.

Characters
Tiffa, Ruby Wolf
Platform
Android, PC
Ok there are 16 different village projects to do: with a total of 131 ranks to complete everything except Wellspring
  1. Crafting Stations: 40 ranks total
    1. Furnace = 10 ranks
    2. Lumber Yard = 10 Ranks
    3. Tailory = 10 Ranks
    4. Oven = 10 ranks
  2. Gathering Stations: 40 Ranks total
    1. Fish Hatchery = 10 Ranks
    2. Sugar Mill = 10 Ranks
    3. Seedling Nersery = 10 Ranks
    4. Geology Lab = 10 Ranks
  3. Village apperence: 21 Ranks Total
    1. Empyrean Machine = 7 ranks
    2. Soil Works = 7 Ranks
    3. Arboretum = 7Ranks
  4. Statues (x4) = 1 Rank each (4 Ranks Total)
  5. Village upgrades: 27 Ranks Total
    1. Village Vault = 16 Ranks
    2. Training Ground = 7 ranks
    3. COG Depot = 4 Ranks
  6. WellSpring = 1 Rank (recuring)
Add for clarification of former Post.