Sarah Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
teaser.jpg

Hello, Everyone!

We know many of you have been anxious to hear news of any upcoming builds or learn details of any kind regarding what we seemingly secretive Otters have been working on, and what lies ahead for Villagers & Heroes.

So first off, we’d like to give you all a little Valentine’s treat, our version of a tasty bite of chocolate for you all, which we hope will at least put to rest any fears you might have had regarding ideas that we simply weren’t working on anything at all. Please trust us when we say, we are. Ohhh, are we. You can find your V&H Valentine’s Teaser Treat RIGHT HERE. :)

Now let’s talk about Valentine’s Day itself. Usually, right about now, we release the Sugarsweet Event Zone. However, as most of you know, we experienced a bug with Google recently, a bad one, which prevented us from not only being able to push any new builds to Android, but which also impacted us in a number of different technical ways, all of which completely destroyed our carefully built schedule of the next few months. Long story short: the Sugarsweet build will be delayed. It is still coming, but as of right now, we cannot give you an exact date as to when, since we simply do not know. But it will not be in February, that much we can say for sure.

HOWEVER, we’d still like you all to have a little Valentine’s fun if you can, so later today you will find in the item shop a number of festive goodies marking the occasion, as well as some crazy sweet sales on a great many items! Additionally, as a final treat, we will be temporarily adding crown gift bags back into the item shop, where they will remain for one week.

Happy Valentine’s Day, Everyone!

Synsamia / Miso Wong

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Synsamia/Miso Wong/ Nozno Wong
Platform
iOS
I hope all Mad otters had a wonderful Valentines. I was not able to log in on February 14 due to system hacking. Will we be able to find the wonderful treats at the vendors when server comes back on? It’s an unimportant question due to other major issuses. Sorry this had to happen but we all know y’all r doing y’all best.

Reactions: Chris30s
  • Likex1

Skurge

Warrior
Characters
Skurge
Platform
Android
I don't see much of a teaser about Valentine's Day, it comes up on my screen as just the book....but it says the words new expansion. That's all I need to be interested. A new chapter? Level 90 elders? Is it time?

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
Somewhere, (either on that page or on the preceding page on the forums), it says that there will be another teaser coming this week, along with a little more info. If you've been around for awhile, you'll probably remember that there were teasers and such leading up to the Starfall, Wellspring, and Black Thrush patches. Keep your eyes on that official website and on the forums (and/or Discord, if you so choose) for more teasers, contests/events, and goodies over the next few months! :D

(And no, I don't know anything more atm than what's on that website. I've simply been here through a number of expansions over the years, so I'm speaking just from experience.) :)

Skurge

Warrior
Characters
Skurge
Platform
Android
Somewhere, (either on that page or on the preceding page on the forums), it says that there will be another teaser coming this week, along with a little more info. If you've been around for awhile, you'll probably remember that there were teasers and such leading up to the Starfall, Wellspring, and Black Thrush patches. Keep your eyes on that official website and on the forums (and/or Discord, if you so choose) for more teasers, contests/events, and goodies over the next few months! :D

(And no, I don't know anything more atm than what's on that website. I've simply been here through a number of expansions over the years, so I'm speaking just from experience.) :)
I'd love of you were right. It is quite a cryptic message they put isn't it, reminds you of past expansions. Would be nice.

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Platform
PC
The fact that there's a dedicated website to the update means that it will be a BIG expansion...Starfall was the first time we saw a dedicated website like that. Since then, Wellspring definitely had one & I think that the Black Thrush update last fall did too. (Black Thrush brought the dungeons, many renovated and/or entirely new zones, and an extension of the main questline from roughly lvl 25 up to lvl 35.) Sure, this upcoming expansion will also bring the usual bug fixes, but you can count on at least one major game-changing feature. (My personal hope is for something which adds to the often-requested side content. I know that would make many players very happy!)

And yes, the teasers are always cryptic! LOL That's done on purpose. Cause the devs love to make us both excited and curious. :pAnd even after we've participated in the devs' Twitch livestream and seen several teasers leading up to the big release, there are always at least a few surprises still remaining on Patch Day!

Skurge

Warrior
Characters
Skurge
Platform
Android
The fact that there's a dedicated website to the update means that it will be a BIG expansion...Starfall was the first time we saw a dedicated website like that. Since then, Wellspring definitely had one & I think that the Black Thrush update last fall did too. (Black Thrush brought the dungeons, many renovated and/or entirely new zones, and an extension of the main questline from roughly lvl 25 up to lvl 35.) Sure, this upcoming expansion will also bring the usual bug fixes, but you can count on at least one major game-changing feature. (My personal hope is for something which adds to the often-requested side content. I know that would make many players very happy!)

And yes, the teasers are always cryptic! LOL That's done on purpose. Cause the devs love to make us both excited and curious. :pAnd even after we've participated in the devs' Twitch livestream and seen several teasers leading up to the big release, there are always at least a few surprises still remaining on Patch Day!
You're right about the dedicated website, nice observation. I know in the zorian marshlands there is talk of the four Bandits I think? It's been a minute since I did the story in zorian... but a new chapter would have to include new story wouldn't it? Surely they wouldn't say a new chapter and just further nerf fury warriors (give me back my power, lol). Would be my luck though.

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Platform
PC
The new chapter can relate to any part of the V&H lore. It can be an addition to the lvl 90 storyline or an extension of the main questline at lvl 35ish (we know that the gap between the lvl 35 main quest and when it picks back up again at lvl 55 in Sapphira's will eventually be narrowed, and ultimately closed.) It could also be game-changing lore, in some fashion....We'll just have to keep guessing and wait and see if we're right. :)

Lord Pyrrus

Servant of Mallok
Platform
Android, PC
In the UK The Grange is a farmhouse or something related to it. In America The Grange is a society a farmers. Are we going to be able to enter our houses? Are we going to be battling a bunch of farmers or maybe even saving them?

CalmWind

Legendary Hero
Platform
iOS, PC
The new chapter can relate to any part of the V&H lore. It can be an addition to the lvl 90 storyline or an extension of the main questline at lvl 35ish (we know that the gap between the lvl 35 main quest and when it picks back up again at lvl 55 in Sapphira's will eventually be narrowed, and ultimately closed.) It could also be game-changing lore, in some fashion....We'll just have to keep guessing and wait and see if we're right. :)
I can't wait to actually see this gap close... only because I am so interested in the story and can't wait to see what happens, and where the story will go from lvl 35 waiting for you know who to arrive and maybe go from shiver to Traven and finally to Tully in Saphira lament and how it all connects. CANT WAIT!