Lucas Crowalker

Great Adventurer
Characters
Lucas Crowalker, Lucas Dragonheart, Lucas Pheonixfire
Platform
iOS, PC
That will be very welcome THANK YOU!
I think a lot of people don't realize how many can't or don't use teleporting to get to the event zones and run because they don't want to pay or don't have enough coin to teleport.
Portaling takes a good amount of time especially for those on slow mobile.
So it is very much appreciated by those who depend on others waiting the 5 minutes.
Thank you! Now I don’t have to ask in chat anymore!!!

Characters
BashaDrake, Elmeti, Knytro
Platform
Android
Just ran Prisma on US3 and Prisma had Piercing Strike affix. It made for a lot more damage to players...a number of them died. I dont know if this was intended or not. Just offering feedback.

Bobo

BRA Member
Platform
PC
Last edited
Very bad now at ladder. As a lv 95 lightning warrior with 300k hp, i died at anosia and revived but then died again at umbra. Their crit hits are crazy. Brought my hp down to 10% in one hit at anosia. So now every boss can be like vesesia before patch. I think there might be something wrong with lethal strikes. Lethal strikes with crit is a killer to the tank. I think it will be harder for big groups with mid-level toons. Smaller groups with a good tank and healer combo becomes even more crucial now, imo. But doesn't that make it even harder for your casual players to even get past anosia and umbra? I doubt things have become more fun for 'eveyone', more like fun for a real minority now.

Reactions: Catori
  • Sadx1

Concinus

Grand Priestess
Characters
Tindra Silvertass
Platform
Steam
Last edited
Prisma was awesome - ppl died like flies but had fun. (y)
Ladder was even more awesome except for when Umbra completely healed (Vampiric is a bit OP). 😆 I'm ranged shadow priest (lv 75) and this is the first time in years where I've had to run in and assist the tanks and use all my spells (even the melee ones). It was great and everyone had lots of fun - even those who died. Lots of potions have become a must now though.

I'm glad I stayed up and experienced this before you'll probably nerf them again. It was so refreshing to not be stuck in a role of how to play. I liked being useful up close - instead of feeling like I'm in the way of tanks and healers who do a better job, and having to leave the tanking to the "real" tanks. I was a useful tank again, even as a shadow priest, like I was more than 4 years ago when I started playing and the difficulty of the game was much higher than these days.

Lamorack

Great Adventurer
Platform
iOS
Very bad now at ladder. As a lv 95 lightning warrior with 300k hp, i died at anosia and revived but then died again at umbra. Their crit hits are crazy. Brought my hp down to 10% in one hit at anosia. So now every boss can be like vesesia before patch. I think there might be something wrong with lethal strikes.
This is one reason why I fail to understand why these changes were felt to be a good idea mid event. If what you said is true, it’s going to deter more people among newer players. That this may be an error really doesn’t change that. At best it will impede progress for those who must work the hardest.

I’m going back to try to continue encourage newer players to persevere in the Vale, as has been necessary prior to this change.

This sounds like part of what I was afraid may have come to pass. Why remains a total head scratcher to me as a 95.

• Sadx1

Halleebell

Squirrel
Characters
Hallee/Freyra
Platform
iOS, PC
So two things. As a mobile player I am not seeing this pop up chat for prisma. I do not go into chat regularly and I asked someone in guild if they are getting the chat pop ups. Yes I have WC turned off but it’s also going into guild chat so I don’t see why I can’t have it pop up on my screen. Instead of having to check it all the time. So for the next event, if this is going to continue, can We actually have it pop up as chat that would be really awesome. Two I was around prisma but was not fighting her. And honestly I wasn’t in range of her and yet I lost around 100k hp as a 95 player/tank. Players who were trying to hold her cause some decided to immediately engage in combat with her were struggling to stay alive even with a healer. Though I know some are for the extreme challenge or just a nice challenge in general... did we perhaps go a tad bit too far with the adjustments? It just seems odd that we would want even more death rates then before.

• Sadx1

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
So two things. As a mobile player I am not seeing this pop up chat for prisma. I do not go into chat regularly and I asked someone in guild if they are getting the chat pop ups. Yes I have WC turned off but it’s also going into guild chat so I don’t see why I can’t have it pop up on my screen. Instead of having to check it all the time. So for the next event, if this is going to continue, can We actually have it pop up as chat that would be really awesome. Two I was around prisma but was not fighting her. And honestly I wasn’t in range of her and yet I lost around 100k hp as a 95 player/tank. Players who were trying to hold her cause some decided to immediately engage in combat with her were struggling to stay alive even with a healer. Though I know some are for the extreme challenge or just a nice challenge in general... did we perhaps go a tad bit too far with the adjustments? It just seems odd that we would want even more death rates then before.
You should really bugreport that next time people say the message spawned and you didn't see. Otherwise they won't know why you can't see

Lamorack

Great Adventurer
Platform
iOS
Well, I’ve tested it on more than one toon. Let me say that my fears for what this change night mean have been far surpassed. Random in hits of the strongest toons on the server from Prisma, a ladder that now involves standing back and yawning for almost everyone or being dead.

I can’t begin to detail my bafflement at the thought that this would make the game more fun for anyone. I cannot conceive of why a popular event would be altered mid way and in a seemingly ill thought out and untested manner.

Safe to say I will no longer be an advocate for struggling through the scale at lower levels. I think it’s pretty unlikely that I’m going to sit through 4 ladders a day on my toons. This isn’t fun! This is either a lottery or a survival dirge. It bears no relation to that suggested last night from what I have seen

There really is nothing good I can say about how this came about, was executed and it’s impact. If the goal was to retain 95s, I can only tell you that this has shaken my faith in the Vale and the game I have enjoyed so much for over 3 years.

I’ve lived through errors like the massively over powered 85s before, it the manner of this debacle somehow takes it to a new level.

Simply very disappointing. Perhaps we will have fixes and tweaks: more disruption. Better to have heeded before creating the need.

Airy

This change was just so not necessary. I always thought the eventzones should be fun for all players. On some servers, even the more populated ones at non prime time, you just don't have experienced tanks and healers available. For those it was hard enough to get a ladder run done, now it is impossible.
What bugs me the most about the whole change discussion and what started in the test section, is the angry, heated debate between people for and against a change. Players who love the game and support it and in general seem to like each other are now fighting and bickering and accusing one another using things they said at one time and turning them around.
To see now that it turned out exactly as I feared, more fighting, more bickering, just makes me want to stop playing.

For me personally, I started playing this game to get away from real life, to relax. There is enough fighting in rl, don't need that in a game. And I don't need the fear that if I don't agree with everything that the "leading" players say, I will be disliked by then and the people supporting them.

I was so much looking forward to this event zone - the way it turned out now, I went from playing many hours a day to just shortly hopping in and getting one or two of the vale dailies done, and now to mainly logging in and getting my chests as long as I still have ardent society.

Wait

Great Adventurer
Characters
Wait,Bubble O Seven, Powunow, Wait 4Bubbles, and Baby Bubble
Platform
iOS, PC
Woosh, thank goodness there are more tears. I am trying for a mount on US Server two and have no issue with the amount of players there that help. I counted 55 players in one Prisma instance there!!! However, on US Server 1, my home server, I am having trouble getting help because there are usually not enough players. I am hoping that US Server 1 will have more players in the event zone due to the increase of tears.

sparksy

Merchant
Platform
PC
Hi Otter team,

Thank you so so much for the changes with announcing prisma with a spawn timer.
Gone are the days, give me a minute im just finishing off my garden or wow look another plenty tree :/
I have been calling it out just in case someone didn't see server message and then a 2 minute timer countdown and then a spawn location for when she arrives.

The power up on Prisma and ladder run are great, reminds me of the old days in how tough they where and finally my priest feels useful again :)

Reactions: KAVE and Concinus
  • Likex2

Concinus

Grand Priestess
Characters
Tindra Silvertass
Platform
Steam
Last edited
The 5 min prisma spawn notice has made everything worse. Since we don't know where she spawns the speed of the player now determines if you get to her in time or not. Now the fast players can run in and start right away, killing lower level players since healers don't have time to mobilize.

Announcements about when she will spawn isn't very helpful either, most ppl in chat have expressed a wish for a 3-5 min countdown after she spawns or that she'd be invulnerable during such a time span so they have time to mobilize.

Some have also suggested they'd rather have a "/prisma" code so they can check themselves when she'll spawn.

chocaholic

Great Adventurer
Platform
Android, PC
The 5 min prisma spawn notice has made everything worse. Since we don't know where she spawns the speed of the player now determines if you get to her in time or not. Now the fast players can run in and start right away, killing lower level players since healers don't have time to mobilize.

Announcements about when she will spawn isn't very helpful either, most ppl in chat have expressed a wish for a 3-5 min countdown after she spawns or that she'd be invulnerable during such a time span so they have time to mobilize.

Some have also suggested they'd rather have a "/prisma" code so they can check themselves when she'll spawn.
Last 5 times we have killed prisma we have had no deaths, I suggest players look at their gear, magic resist is important. We have had only one healer for last 5 prismas and everyone for the credit, fast or slow mounts have made it. Love the timer, better than standing around waiting for other players who say otw right at the last minute because they have to finish their plenty nodes or gardening!!. We end up waiting over 10 minutes!!

Thank you Otter love the changes, please do this for all the events. Players on US2 are organising themselves to be ready when the Prisma spawns and this has stops arguments.

Handy tip for all players, when prisma dies set an alarm on your phone for 1 hour and 10 minutes, you will never miss prisma again.

Reactions: Carly and KAVE
  • Likex2

Concinus

Grand Priestess
Characters
Tindra Silvertass
Platform
Steam
Last edited
Last 5 times we have killed prisma we have had no deaths, I suggest players look at their gear, magic resist is important. We have had only one healer for last 5 prismas and everyone for the credit, fast or slow mounts have made it. Love the timer, better than standing around waiting for other players who say otw right at the last minute because they have to finish their plenty nodes or gardening!!. We end up waiting over 10 minutes!!

Thank you Otter love the changes, please do this for all the events. Players on US2 are organising themselves to be ready when the Prisma spawns and this has stops arguments.

Handy tip for all players, when prisma dies set an alarm on your phone for 1 hour and 10 minutes, you will never miss prisma again.
You can't expect newbies to understand a gear system which still puzzles oldies today. Also, oldies have access to a lot more spells etc. than newbies, more points and skills in making their build. It takes time to be efficient in this game. The EZ should be for everyone if you choose to have an EZ gate in Summer's Hollow.

Having a set 5 min countdown doesn't even take anything away from you. You don't even have to worry about waiting 10 min bc it is a automated countdown/invulnerability . Just set your alarm to 5 min after the spawn time and you'll have what you have now. It doesn't hurt to have more options for announcements to level the playing field between fast/slow/new/old players.

Also, they could be optional so those who doesn't do EZ aren't bothered by pop-ups.

• Lovex1

KAVE

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
At this point I think Prisma and all future event bosses should simply be converted into a daily kill and be given a standard 5 minute respawn time. You form a group and kill it once per day, and you're done. Missed the kill? She will respawn in 5 minutes.

Due to the daily nature they would need to increase her tear rewards by 10x or however many times players kill her on average on a daily basis.

Reactions: CaraLox, Catori and Giruv
  • Likex2
  • Sadx1

Concinus

Grand Priestess
Characters
Tindra Silvertass
Platform
Steam
At this point I think Prisma and all future event bosses should simply be converted into a daily kill and be given a standard 5 minute respawn time. You form a group and kill it once per day, and you're done. Missed the kill? She will respawn in 5 minutes.

Due to the daily nature they would need to increase her tear rewards by 10x or however many times players kill her on average on a daily basis.
Sounds kind of boring to just have more of the same. The ppl I know kill her about 10-12 times a day so killing her ones would have to give you 50-60 tears (with current 5 tears per death) - I doubt the devs would go for a reward like that for doing so little as killing her just ones.

Reactions: Lamorack
  • Likex1

Lamorack

Great Adventurer
Platform
iOS
Last edited
chocaholic said:
“Last 5 times we have killed prisma we have had no deaths, I suggest players look at their gear, magic resist is important. We have had only one healer“

In response:

As a 95, depending on which toon, I can navigate Prisma just fine. However, as a player on US3, I can assure you we have multiple deaths. Reason? We have a lot of newer toons and I don’t just mean brand new.

The events are really for them, not us 95s who should have virtually everything if they have been event regulars. What I get from this is that by making US3 the almost constant default server, a divide has been created. This clearly needs to stop.

Newer players are the lifeblood of this game. Seems we have servers where a veteran elite no longer remember or care.

The changes don’t make this more fun for me. Personally, my toons will probably finish it since they started, but if other events go the same way, it will probably be my last.

The game lost its way on this one and got poorer and I suspect less self sustaining. The attitudes belatedly expressed by some now, reflect that there really is the divide often cited. Huge shame.

Perhaps I don’t need another set of wings/armor or mount. The events were a fun, social venue for mixing toons of all levels and tying people in for the future.

If this is the future, and I still have hope that the light will come on as to what is going wrong with this, then it may not only be my last event.

I have come to the conclusion that the only way to stop these little coteries if elite self-importance is to open the other US servers to default status for considerable periods. Sad.

Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
Overall I think the change really miss the mark... Prisma still go down uber fast, the "elite" can still just solo everything just fine without a challenge, and just increase the bloodbath of lower level player. The timer also is also just used by the "LeRoy" to justify their behavior someone that already wait in the map even can miss it because Prisma already down before he can run across the map.