Murmandagon

Adventurer
Platform
Android
We had big debate about that topic on eu server just now, and i came to speak voice of little ones, but you announced changes that we wanted fight for, so no fight,
gg wp devs. :D
Good day everyone.

Reactions: Damon Otter and Mutsie
  • Likex2

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Prisma's spawn broadcast will now be shown in world chat 5 minutes before spawning.
That will be very welcome THANK YOU!
I think a lot of people don't realize how many can't or don't use teleporting to get to the event zones and run because they don't want to pay or don't have enough coin to teleport.
Portaling takes a good amount of time especially for those on slow mobile.
So it is very much appreciated by those who depend on others waiting the 5 minutes.

Pookey

Hunter
Characters
Pookey2
Platform
PC
But that answer is not really
From today's world chat -

[World][name removed player 1]: if you don't have resurection item you're pretty much out of luck on ladder?
[World][name removed player 2]: yep
[World][name removed player 1]: damn

And this is the ladder that it is proposed to make harder from Monday onwards at the request of "some players"
But that answer is not really
accurate is it?

Concinus

Grand Priestess
Characters
Tindra Silvertass
Platform
Steam
Last edited
[...]
  • Prisma's spawn broadcast will now be shown in world chat 5 minutes before spawning.
[...]
This is great but most players on EU1 actually request a count down so that you don't miss Prisma just because you logged in when it was 3 or 2 min left until she spawns. Just having an announcement at 5 min will still result in a lot of people missing out on her.

AirAmy222

Huntress
Characters
ToughKitty, TKO1, Furrball
Platform
iOS
Hi Everyone,

New proposal:
  1. Prisma drops 5 Tears of Vesesia instead of 3
  2. Completion of the ladder results in 6 more Tears of Vesesia than before
  3. Gift of Mallok now increases damage by 10% per-player (capped at 300%)
  4. Give Prisma and all the ladder bosses 1 random affix

Best, Damon
Can you please remove some trees from ladder? So hard to see there. Thanks

KAVE

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
It's not so much that as how often the devs listen to the OP as opposed to the weaker majority.
Over Powered, not original poster, my bad.
Ah I see what you meant by OP now. I am not sure I would agree though. Who is overpowered and what suggestions did they make that the developers listened to? I have not seen anyone suggest affixes for the ladder bosses but I may have missed it. I know in the past I've stated that I wanted the ladder bosses to spawn minions and I've seen others suggest boss mechanics but none of those were added.

Also, Damon has made multiple adjustments to the original proposal based on the feedback provided on this thread so they do listen to the majority. Vesesia has been toned down dramatically for example and she was the prime culprit for the majority of deaths. I think their intent is to find a satisfactory middle-ground between those who are seeking a challenging vs casual experience. This is no easy task, but the fact that they are attempting to do so should be recognized because alienating one portion of the playerbase is never the ideal solution, even if they are the "minority".

Iseabail

Wizard
Characters
Iseabail, Bodicca
Platform
iOS
@AirAmy222 those trees are sooo annoying right? I can't see anything coming into a zone. Do I need glasses?

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Sorry I meant you don’t really have to have any rezzies to finish ladder
The point I was conveying was that the two (lower level) players I quoted felt exactly that. They could only complete the ladder by using rezzies.

Reactions: Pookey
  • Likex1

Joleen

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Kavita, Katona, Chephirah, Avani, Lash LaRue
Platform
Android, PC
Ah I see what you meant by OP now. I am not sure I would agree though. Who is overpowered and what suggestions did they make that the developers listened to? I have not seen anyone suggest affixes for the ladder bosses but I may have missed it. I know in the past I've stated that I wanted the ladder bosses to spawn minions and I've seen others suggest boss mechanics but none of those were added.

Also, Damon has made multiple adjustments to the original proposal based on the feedback provided on this thread so they do listen to the majority. Vesesia has been toned down dramatically for example and she was the prime culprit for the majority of deaths. I think their intent is to find a satisfactory middle-ground between those who are seeking a challenging vs casual experience. This is no easy task, but the fact that they are attempting to do so should be recognized because alienating one portion of the playerbase is never the ideal solution, even if they are the "minority".
Well, with the exception of Prisma (a little too weak) and Umbra (boring slow to kill) knowing what I know about the EZ and how it goes toward the end I thought the EZ was actually pretty well balanced this year - I've seen way worse. Of course the devs try to please everyone, that's one reason I call this my game home! I just get aggravated that a few people complained and wham all these changes are going to be made, when practically everyone said "please don't change anything". Perception is a big thing.

Sunder

Citizen
The point I was conveying was that the two (lower level) players I quoted felt exactly that. They could only complete the ladder by using rezzies.
I don't know if this has been brought up, but doesn't having elder guard on armor help you survive the ladder? I haven't seen in mentioned in chat when low levels complain about dying.

Kilgharrah

Adventurer
Characters
Kilgharrah, Gwayne, GeraltOfArdent
Platform
iOS
I don't know if this has been brought up, but doesn't having elder guard on armor help you survive the ladder? I haven't seen in mentioned in chat when low levels complain about dying.
I don't believe that it does. I have seen people say that they can critically strike against ladder bosses without elder bane, so given that's true, it stands to reason that elder guard also doesn't have an effect.

Kilgharrah

Adventurer
Characters
Kilgharrah, Gwayne, GeraltOfArdent
Platform
iOS
Hi Everyone,
We've been pushing builds to Test server, and getting feedback from the Testers and making changes as needed.

We have made changes from the Original Post here, and the new set of changes is this:
  • Replaced the ability "Bitter Chill" with "Freezing Blast" on Vesesia and Prisma. "Bitter Chill" was way overpowered compared to all the other Fae abilities. "Freezing Blast" does only 1/4 as much damage as "Bitter Chill", but it does have a small slowing effect on it.
  • Chaminder Blast, the fire spell that the Fae use, will do slightly more damage now. Don't worry- it's not OP. It's just a little stronger in terms of damage than "Freezing Blast".
  • We added some random affixes to the bosses. These just add a little variety so the challenges changes slightly. We were careful to not add OP affixes- specifically, we removed Lightning Shield and Templar's Wrath from all the bosses in the Vale because Testers reported they were OP.
  • Prisma's spawn broadcast will now be shown in world chat 5 minutes before spawning.
  • Prisma now drops 5 Tears of Vesesia instead of 3
  • Completion of the ladder results in 6 more Tears of Vesesia than before
  • Added an escape stone to Umbra's lair
Vesesia and Prisma will (probably) be easier now than before. "Bitter Chill" was WAY OVERPOWERED-- it was doing 4x more damage than all the other Fae spells. The affixes and 10% boost to Chaminder's Blast will give the Fae a small increase in power, but I believe that the nerf to "Bitter Chill" will make up for this three-times over. "Bitter Chill" was the single spell that was wiping out entire groups. Dawnfire's graph, in my view, is an accurate representation of the challenge level now after these changes.

We also slightly increased the number of tears dropped from Prisma and the ladder.

I think the Vale after these changes go live will provide a more consistent experience, and be more fun than before. Most of the bosses in the Vale were too easy, and then two of them were incredibly hard. That's been smoothed out. The goal with these changes was not to cater to elite players- we just wanted to make sure the Vale was working well for everyone.

Best, Damon
This sounds perfect to me. I really appreciate seeing you all respond to everyone's concerns so quickly!

Reactions: Catori
  • Likex1

Lalocat

Hunter
Characters
Lalocat
Platform
Android, PC
Sorry I meant you don’t really have to have any rezzies to finish ladder
I needed 3 to finish it today. Tank died and half a dozen of us were absolutely determined to finish it without him. It really depends on who is around at the time. Hopefully it will be evened out a bit after the patch and not basically impossible if you don't have capped players around to carry the group.