Joleen

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Kavita, Katona, Chephirah, Avani, Lash LaRue
Platform
Android, PC
What if we leave Vale as is for this season, and maybe plan ahead for the next event? The impression I'm getting is to leave it alone?
There seems like there might be other things more important right now.... not sure what, but I'm sure there is... :)
Reinforcement runes that work? That would be an EXCELLENT start!

Joleen

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Platform
Android, PC
View attachment 8125

So I made this little diagram here to show what is it that they actually try to do. The final one is Vesesia's difficulty. So what they will do is actually flatten the curve of difficulty. Everything will be a bit more difficult except for Vesesia who will be a lot more doable, as she is the only one who can really annihilate players. So overall (while some parts might feel a tiny bit harder) it will be a lot smoother experience, and the most difficult part will get toned down quite a bit. And you also get more rewards.
Where did you get the data for this? What Damon described looks nothing like this to me?

KatieElf Queen

Arch Wizard
Characters
Katie4567,MysticElf,EarthQueen
Platform
iOS
Is it possible to make Prisma & Vesesia auto atk to be a range atk to prevent leeroy from being able to easily drag the boss to by-stander? Also, can Prisma have a range feat(s) in case some leeroy want to kite them out of range or innocent bystanders. Also, can prisma aoe poison DoTs trigger only at certain percentage that is like say 89% and so forth to not let leeroy the chance to pull to innocent bystanders to kill them. Thank you :)
That actually would be really helpful. We have a lot of leroys on US3.

KatieElf Queen

Arch Wizard
Characters
Katie4567,MysticElf,EarthQueen
Platform
iOS
Please do not make things more difficult.
When one is at level things are hard enough.
It is only when one plays beneath ones own level that things are easy.
If difficulty goes up it will only please those of high levels.
Those with lover levels are happy with things as they are.
So the choice is between 90-95s happy, or the rest of the players enjoying the game.
Think well.

❤
I think the devs are going to chose the rest of the players enjoying the game. Not everything is about making the 90-95s happy!

Dawnfire

Great Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Athon Dawnfire
Platform
Android, PC
Where did you get the data for this? What Damon described looks nothing like this to me?
While the difficulty is subjective, this is how I view it. The changes there are based on what we have on the test server now

Reactions: Joleen
  • Likex1

Darkstar

Wizard
Characters
Uza Darkstar, Kerni, Raven Darkmere
Platform
iOS, PC
Al

If Armour is set up right there shouldn't be any issues, running the ladder with rare or common amour gets no rewards.
Need to use some sockets and put Armour and magic resist on all of your gear and use preps also
I already have and recently reviewed my build with some experts in the guild after I struggled with raids so that is not the issue.

Joleen

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Platform
Android, PC
What I see here is that the majority of the players (who have posted) do not want any changes yet the changes are coming to fulfill the wishes of a few OP players. That will end up dashing the hopes of those who don't have time to give countless hours to the EZ. Sad, and one of a few reasons many refuse to participate in forums/discord discussions - some of us simply have no voice even when we are screaming.

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Raids were added specifically to give players unlimited challenge.

As far as I can tell, most of the players who claim to be bored because "everything in the game is too easy" don't run raids because they claim the "rewards aren't good enough". So to me (and I freely admit this is merely my impression, I have no evidence to back it up) it seems like the question is nothing to do with being bored, or wanting greater challenge, but is rather that a few elite players want rewards that are only available to players such as themselves - presumably so they can show off how much better than the rest of us they are since they have the items that no one else does.

KAVE

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
The fact that every forum thread seems to devolve into a routine "Elite vs Casual" argument is starting to become old. It's disheartening to see the community break in half over generalizations and assumptions. Personally I am one who has always wanted the Ladder bosses to evolve mechanically in the form of minion spawns or interesting abilities. Yet I wouldn't classify myself, or any others who share a similar opinion, as Elite or Casual based on that.

Instead of baseless accusations against sections of the community I would much rather see the 'elite' players and the 'casual' players working towards finding a compromise to the situation. Frankly, I don't even know who these elite players even are. I've seen players categorize themselves as casual but I've yet to see someone call themselves an elite. It seems to me that everyone has their own definition for the term, and that certain players categorize others as 'elite' in a derogatory manner simply for having a different opinion. In other MMOs I've played the word 'casual' is always thrown around in a negative manner, as an insult by so called elite players. It is amusing to see the other side of the coin, and realize that both sides are inexplicably the same deep down.

Lamorack

Great Adventurer
Platform
iOS
If changes go through after this thread, it really will speak volumes.

There is perhaps the strongest consensus I’ve seen here against the mooted change. There is an old saying, if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. That applies very strongly here, both to the gameplay if the vale and to the consensus as to the approach to events generally.

I know some veteran players are watching this as litmus test to see if the tenor of this game is changing from that that we found unique. There is irony in the fact that the way this has gone may in fact cause more high level departures than it seems it will prevent.

Joleen

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Platform
Android, PC
The fact that every forum thread seems to devolve into a routine "Elite vs Casual" argument is starting to become old. It's disheartening to see the community break in half over generalizations and assumptions. Personally I am one who has always wanted the Ladder bosses to evolve mechanically in the form of minion spawns or interesting abilities. Yet I wouldn't classify myself, or any others who share a similar opinion, as Elite or Casual based on that.

Instead of baseless accusations against sections of the community I would much rather see the 'elite' players and the 'casual' players working towards finding a compromise to the situation. SNIP
It's not so much that as how often the devs listen to the OP as opposed to the weaker majority.

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
I would like to remind posters to keep their posts relevant to the topic at hand, rather than attacks on other posters.

Lamorack

Great Adventurer
Platform
iOS
It's not so much that as how often the devs listen to the OP as opposed to the weaker majority.
To me this is not about weak versus casual. I know Kave is highly committed to the game and has done a great deal for US 3 and it’s community. He puts a lot of thought into the game and time and effort, for which he is not always thanked.

That said, I think the problem here is the concept of applying such ideas to the Vale and events. In my unscientific polling I have yet to find anyone who thinks that is a good idea outside of Kave and Dragonfire here ( I apologize if I missed anyone).

If the subject becomes would such content be desirable elsewhere, there is more support, although varying notions of the venue and form.

There is a real problem in retaining 95s. There really isn’t much of a challenge once you have your gear, build, rotation to a certain point. Kave is rightly concerned about that, but that problem is Eternal really. As each new challenge is mastered so the issue recurs.

There will, however, be a bigger problem if we lose the glue that binds people in enough to want to be 95s. The Vale and it’s kin are, in my view, integral to locking people in.

I also think that it is easy to underestimate the importance of the unique feel this game has had. I personally have lost more game friends to the feeling that the collegial flavor of the game is changing to one that is focused on combat first and toon dps than I have to boredom due to lack of challenge.

With the ongoing development of raids with now no level cap, this seems to render the timing of this move particularly odd. The point of uncapped levels is to provide toons with a battle that is ultimately unwinable in absolute terms but which skill/build etc can add levels beyond mere power.

Personally, I haven’t had time to really focus on the raids having set my toons different challenges that are keeping me busy and more. I just want to say that that is one reason this game is so special, one can focus on many different things, not merely combat excellence. However, those challenges will be surmounted and I look forward to having the chance to battle to improve on my own performance in raids at that point.

In the meantime, one of the delayers is working with others to help them overcome the real challenge that the Vale poses to them. That is part of the richness and flavor of this game in my view. I hope it still is on Monday.

This thread is, in my opinion a good intention turned bad through being applied in the wrong direction. I hope common sense prevails and the consensus here ( and in my view much stronger one among non 95s in the game) is taken to heart and that attention can then turn to real opportunities to keep 95s engaged. The sad fact is that I think nothing proposed here for the Vale will achieve that to any meaningful degree anyway.

Halleebell

Squirrel
Characters
Hallee/Freyra
Platform
iOS, PC
I have to agree. Does it need it now. Idk but if they continue to elevate lvl cap it’s either going to be, make event zones a bit more challenging or add a few things wethers it’s new quests and or adding another feature so it’s still challenging for all. Cause In all reality it is challenging for your lower lvl players now. Which Iv never found as a bad thing. I think it actually gets players excited, When they see they have a new challenge to face. So thoe I’m not for changing this right now for this event. Maybe looking at way that gives ALL players a more well rounded experience In the next event is the way to go. Cause let’s be honest this whole lower lvl/cap player argument is getting old. We ALL deserve to have fun. We all deserve a piece of the pie. I don’t see a problem with trying to make it fun for all.

Reactions: Zazie, Catori and Anthem
  • Likex3

Damon Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Hi Everyone,
We've been pushing builds to Test server, and getting feedback from the Testers and making changes as needed.

We have made changes from the Original Post here, and the new set of changes is this:
  • Replaced the ability "Bitter Chill" with "Freezing Blast" on Vesesia and Prisma. "Bitter Chill" was way overpowered compared to all the other Fae abilities. "Freezing Blast" does only 1/4 as much damage as "Bitter Chill", but it does have a small slowing effect on it.
  • Chaminder Blast, the fire spell that the Fae use, will do slightly more damage now. Don't worry- it's not OP. It's just a little stronger in terms of damage than "Freezing Blast".
  • We added some random affixes to the bosses. These just add a little variety so the challenges changes slightly. We were careful to not add OP affixes- specifically, we removed Lightning Shield and Templar's Wrath from all the bosses in the Vale because Testers reported they were OP.
  • Prisma's spawn broadcast will now be shown in world chat 5 minutes before spawning.
  • Prisma now drops 5 Tears of Vesesia instead of 3
  • Completion of the ladder results in 6 more Tears of Vesesia than before
  • Added an escape stone to Umbra's lair
Vesesia and Prisma will (probably) be easier now than before. "Bitter Chill" was WAY OVERPOWERED-- it was doing 4x more damage than all the other Fae spells. The affixes and 10% boost to Chaminder's Blast will give the Fae a small increase in power, but I believe that the nerf to "Bitter Chill" will make up for this three-times over. "Bitter Chill" was the single spell that was wiping out entire groups. Dawnfire's graph, in my view, is an accurate representation of the challenge level now after these changes.

We also slightly increased the number of tears dropped from Prisma and the ladder.

I think the Vale after these changes go live will provide a more consistent experience, and be more fun than before. Most of the bosses in the Vale were too easy, and then two of them were incredibly hard. That's been smoothed out. The goal with these changes was not to cater to elite players- we just wanted to make sure the Vale was working well for everyone.

Best, Damon

KAVE

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
Hi Everyone,
We've been pushing builds to Test server, and getting feedback from the Testers and making changes as needed.

We have made changes from the Original Post here, and the new set of changes is this:
  • Replaced the ability "Bitter Chill" with "Freezing Blast" on Vesesia and Prisma. "Bitter Chill" was way overpowered compared to all the other Fae abilities. "Freezing Blast" does only 1/4 as much damage as "Bitter Chill", but it does have a small slowing effect on it.
  • Chaminder Blast, the fire spell that the Fae use, will do slightly more damage now. Don't worry- it's not OP. It's just a little stronger in terms of damage than "Freezing Blast".
  • We added some random affixes to the bosses. These just add a little variety so the challenges changes slightly. We were careful to not add OP affixes- specifically, we removed Lightning Shield and Templar's Wrath from all the bosses in the Vale because Testers reported they were OP.
  • Prisma's spawn broadcast will now be shown in world chat 5 minutes before spawning.
  • Prisma now drops 5 Tears of Vesesia instead of 3
  • Completion of the ladder results in 6 more Tears of Vesesia than before
  • Added an escape stone to Umbra's lair
Vesesia and Prisma will (probably) be easier now than before. "Bitter Chill" was WAY OVERPOWERED-- it was doing 4x more damage than all the other Fae spells. The affixes and 10% boost to Chaminder's Blast will give the Fae a small increase in power, but I believe that the nerf to "Bitter Chill" will make up for this three-times over. "Bitter Chill" was the single spell that was wiping out entire groups. Dawnfire's graph, in my view, is an accurate representation of the challenge level now after these changes.

We also slightly increased the number of tears dropped from Prisma and the ladder.

I think the Vale after these changes go live will provide a more consistent experience, and be more fun than before. Most of the bosses in the Vale were too easy, and then two of them were incredibly hard. That's been smoothed out. The goal with these changes was not to cater to elite players- we just wanted to make sure the Vale was working well for everyone.

Best, Damon
Thanks Damon,

This seems like a fair solution to the Ladder situation. With the removal of Bitter Chill, Vesesia shouldn't be nearly as difficult for teams without a fully geared tank. The affixes will add a little spice to each battle through the randomized perks, none of which are over the top. The additional tear rewards make the slight difficulty increase worthwhile for everyone, and the premium items more attainable overall.

The Prisma warning announcement should also reduce strife and conflict among the servers. I had faith the team would reach a decision to appease both ends of the spectrum, and you delivered on that faith in my opinion.

Omnigma

Merchant
Characters
Omnigma
Platform
PC, Steam
Yes to Prisma, Yes to first three bosses in Ladder, and Yes to random on all