sdzs

Citizen
Platform
iOS
I meant there is no need to shout about Prisma since she would respawn at the same rate as the other Ladder bosses.

I agree that the repeated Prisma kills are essential for tears, and in the original suggestion I recommended increasing the tear rewards from each of the ladder bosses to compensate. So if players normally kill Prisma 5 or however many times a day, then the ladder boss rewards should scale accordingly.

Additionally, if Prisma was part of the ladder then all players would gain tears at the same rate. Meaning that the hardcore players won't finish the event in a week and leave all the casual players to fend for themselves. Everyone will have to work together until the end. Maybe the Ladder bosses could give a small amount of tears when they are on cooldown though, for those who choose to run it multiple times a day
Thank you for considering for the hard chore players who would like to get the mount AND some extra small stuff for... maybe raid... those free heals and manas from Event is also useful :)

sdzs

Citizen
Platform
iOS
Hi Everyone,

New proposal:
  1. Prisma drops 5 Tears of Vesesia instead of 3
  2. Completion of the ladder results in 6 more Tears of Vesesia than before
  3. Gift of Mallok now increases damage by 10% per-player (capped at 300%)
  4. Give Prisma and all the ladder bosses 1 random affix

Best, Damon
So my understanding is that end game players are bored because the event is not posing enough challenges. In that case, why must the event that majority is satisfied with right now be the thing to change? We have a raid system, do we not? I mean easy event zone should be a good thing, it guarantees the reward. I don’t think anyone is a fan of 60 percent chance of completing the ladder because end game players is not on. If they are really bored theres an entire raid system for them to break out their newest built characters, and bring down those nasty bosses. I feel like we should spent more time making that more incentivizing for the end gamers than change the Event zone for everyone.

Rachielle

Hunter
Platform
iOS
Been lurking, just registered so I can comment on this thread. I’m enjoying the event but do think the rewards are too costly at over 3k tears. I can play a couple hours a day, so I hit Prisma, the ladder, two dailies and do some fairy farming, and I’m still just under 400 tears collected. Today I didn’t do much farming because everybody, literally everybody, left after the ladder and there was nobody to party with. The fairy grind is just so boring when you do it solo.

oh and I’m really skeptical that I’ll get all those cookies made! A 3500 item crafting quest is kind of insane.

Reactions: Rizzo Celestone
  • Likex1

Dawnfire

Great Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Athon Dawnfire
Platform
Android, PC
diff.png

So I made this little diagram here to show what is it that they actually try to do. The final one is Vesesia's difficulty. So what they will do is actually flatten the curve of difficulty. Everything will be a bit more difficult except for Vesesia who will be a lot more doable, as she is the only one who can really annihilate players. So overall (while some parts might feel a tiny bit harder) it will be a lot smoother experience, and the most difficult part will get toned down quite a bit. And you also get more rewards.

Rizzo Celestone

Bog Frog
Characters
Rizzo, Azzurra, Menolly, Mysty
Platform
Android, PC
Last edited
I'm a Grammy player, joined to learn with my older grandson last year. We then made account for the little one with no access to real money. The Vale was my 1st event zone and my favorite after experiencing the rest.

I've never played an online game, I don't understand the stats or what the proposed changes really mean. I do know I spent way more time than I should've last year to earn the Panther mount for 1 toon (have 4) even with the extended time we got last year.

We've been looking forward to the Vale's return and both Grandsons want the Panther! Making it harder will put the mounts out of our reach, even with me doing most of their gathering and cooking. Trying taking a 4 year old (now 5) through the ladder and keeping him and yourself alive to reach the end. He needs help just to run around with him to get the regular bosses to keep him from dieing, he knows what the red line means and tells me he needs heals!

V&H has been a lot of fun for our family (both my daughters play too) but to make it harder will put the big prizes out of our reach. I'm retired but both girls have jobs, houses, and families to care for so they can't put in hours and hours to the game. I really would hate for the game to get to the point we can't play as a family anymore. I myself have about reached my level at 60 and can't get further till I get the keys needed to progress which are proving troublesome.

If the event zone gets harder us low-mid level players are pretty much stuck and I know my Grandsons will lose interest.

I've not attempted the new raids as I had bad experience with the dungeons and I still have trouble just moving around (not getting stuck in fireplaces but every little corner, doorway, table or obstacle gets me) so just getting to where I'm trying to go is still an issue. I've missed event bosses just cause I get stuck and can't get there in time. Cliffs, bridges and fences do me in which is probably the main reason I like the Vale.

Please don't make the events zones and nice prizes out of reach for us little players!

ETA: the new ladder boss is so dark my old eyes can't see in there so have to turn the brightness up then I'm blinded at the next one!

Lamorack

Great Adventurer
Platform
iOS
View attachment 8125

So I made this little diagram here to show what is it that they actually try to do. The final one is Vesesia's difficulty. So what they will do is actually flatten the curve of difficulty. Everything will be a bit more difficult except for Vesesia who will be a lot more doable, as she is the only one who can really annihilate players. So overall (while some parts might feel a tiny bit harder) it will be a lot smoother experience, and the most difficult part will get toned down quite a bit. And you also get more rewards.
If you are correct, this will simply make the earlier bosses harder for lower toons and the last one less challenging for all. At present a newer toon can navigate the last zone with guidance. After this, maybe they can stand alone but I’m skeptical and they may struggle to get there.

From my own toon perspective, I suspect the earlier ones just get more of a grind and the last more akin to those preceding it.

If your chart is actually indicative of the scale of the change I would personally prefer the status quo. M

If it is not Scaled (as seems likely) then all you are saying is it makes the last a little easier and getting there harder (And more costly for lower toons). I think that’s exactly what most Responding here see as a bad idea!

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
Sorry to chime in so late.

Before I comment, I want to thank the Otters for posting this thread. It is a rather small number of games that communicate with their player base and an even smaller number that actually consider and listen to that base. It's one of the things that I've come to most appreciate about V&H and Mad Otter.

I hope that you find all of the input useful for making the 2021 Vale the best ever. As for this year's Vale, I would just as soon see it continue as it is. An unavoidable aspect of updates, in any game, is that they often produce bugs that require another update to iron out. In this case, you would be running another fix-it build to correct any errors that would arise from fixing something that was not really broken to begin with. If there were bugs that seriously impacted gameplay I would feel otherwise, but I don't feel it's worth the time and effort to modify an event that has already been running for a week now.

One of the advantages of posting late is seeing all the input, and yes, I have read this entire thread. While there have been a lot of suggestions to improve the event, I'm not picking up on any sense of urgency to make significant changes to it at this time. If the responses to this thread are indicative of the remainder of the user base, it would seem that the majority of them have no major issues with it as it is. I know that there will be a small build to fix some known issues and I would not mind seeing some tweaks to Prisma, seeing as how she seems to be the primary point of conflict, but I really don't see the need to spend time and resources beyond that point. Aside from conflicts with the Prisma spawn, this event has gone rather smoothly. I can promise you that when I see something that I regard as broken, I will be among the first in line to complain about it. So far, I have not really seen that much to complain about. Kick back and have another Otter Ale. Take some time to smell the fishies and save the heavy lifting for next year. What? You don't want a break?

Catori

Squirrel
Platform
PC
Last edited
This seems to be the new prevailing theme on the forum anymore....let’s change things up to make them harder and more complicated for those at cap. Let’s change the way gear works, talents work, combat functions, pretty much everything to leave all the casual players in the dust of the haste to get ahead. Not sure I even know where all the capped and almost capped players are in such a hurry to get to. But I begin to feel lately like I am standing in the middle of the road with a stampede approaching and no where to go to avoid it. The new mantra seems to be more dmg, more dmg, more dmg!! Where has the game I have so lovingly played since closed beta gone? What has happened to enjoying the journey?
Have I become a dinosaur?

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
I know that there will be a small build to fix some known issues and I would not mind seeing some tweaks to Prisma, seeing as how she seems to be the primary point of conflict, but I really don't see the need to spend time and resources beyond that point. Aside from conflicts with the Prisma spawn, this event has gone rather smoothly.
I agree with this completely. If Prisma's spawning is announced in chat, and if the group assembling at Prisma is willing to wait for the determined period of time, then the EZ kills tend to go fairly smoothly.

Event zones should be accessible to players of all levels, not just the highest level players who have spent the most sockets, time, and resources on their gear and build. Raids, on the other hand, can be more challenging because they're not available until level 20 combat and have a longer season, too.

I was talking with a few level 95 friends last night. They both said that they did feel that the EZ was too easy this year. However, it was made clear that even if the challenge was increased, that it would NOT cause them to spend any additional time in there! (One is only planning to get a toy (they're spending most of their time playing other games), and the other isn't trying to earn any specific rewards, but only plans to go into the zone when their friends need help, particularly for tanking/healing on the ladder and late-season runs.)

Reactions: Karma
  • Likex1
Characters
Tiffa, Ruby Wolf
Platform
Android, PC
One change that may need to be made for all Event Zones is to have the Choice for Caped players (Lv95s) to choose to have a a separate set of Harder quest to choose from, so that they do not get bored and Have a challange.

Halleebell

Squirrel
Characters
Hallee/Freyra
Platform
iOS, PC
Can I just say after fighting prisma twice with this cap increase in the zone it was so laggy it was almost unbearable. Not a good change. I wasn’t even trying to “fight” her just get a few hits in and I could barely do that. I get it people are missing the boss. But I don’t think this is the way to do it. I’m honestly surprised I wasn’t kicked or glitched the way we use to at grincha.

Lamorack

Great Adventurer
Platform
iOS
Can I just say after fighting prisma twice with this cap increase in the zone it was so laggy it was almost unbearable. Not a good change. I wasn’t even trying to “fight” her just get a few hits in and I could barely do that. I get it people are missing the boss. But I don’t think this is the way to do it. I’m honestly surprised I wasn’t kicked or glitched the way we use to at grincha.
Is that why I’m rubber banding all over the place and have three people within yards of me wherever I go? Pretty close to unplayable on both counts.

The Vale, when busy was already chaos. Trying to kill fairies on alts is usually much more viable this far in. This evening it is less playable than on day one. This is baffling.

Halleebell

Squirrel
Characters
Hallee/Freyra
Platform
iOS, PC
Is that why I’m rubber banding all over the place and have three people within yards of me wherever I go? Pretty close to unplayable on both counts.

The Vale, when busy was already chaos. Trying to kill fairies on alts is usually much more viable this far in. This evening it is less playable than on day one. This is baffling.
I believe so. I know someone posted a pic with roughly 75 players at one of the kills of prisma. I dont think we had that many the last time. But just running the zone killing a random fairy my spells were taking much longer to cast probably 5 seconds longer if not more and my charge was not working at all. Id walk to the fairy instead of run. I can’t imagine what a ladder would be like.

Kronar

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Kronar
Platform
Android
I play recently, for me it is the first event I participate in here, I expected more tears from the elderly and also more missions. In my opinion, increasing the difficulty more would be wrong, there is a risk that players like me with little experience and low level will not participate. I level 40, suffer 4 attacks from Prisma and die immediately, if I find myself with 20 other players like to clash with an empowered elder how long could we last? how many recovery items would you need and how many curators to defeat it?

Bobo

BRA Member
Platform
PC
Here's my 2-cents worth:
Out of all the events, twilight vale is the hardest to earn tokens for prizes. Unlike oasis, halloween and Xmas events, there's only prisma to kill for repeated tokens. Worse still, the ladder system makes it a struggle for low to mid level players to reach and complete Vesesia. In off-peak hours it is hard for them to find a good tank and healer combo to complete Vesesia. So i feel the ladder system is already the most challenging mechanics out of all the events. If there are people who say that this is too easy, then the other events must be a joke for them to do. Also, the token requirement for the mount prizes in twilight vale are rather high, and already a challenge to achieve because of the limited amount of tokens one can earn each day, which i think is less than the limit that's achievable for other events.

Bobo

BRA Member
Platform
PC
I play recently, for me it is the first event I participate in here, I expected more tears from the elderly and also more missions. In my opinion, increasing the difficulty more would be wrong, there is a risk that players like me with little experience and low level will not participate. I level 40, suffer 4 attacks from Prisma and die immediately, if I find myself with 20 other players like to clash with an empowered elder how long could we last? how many recovery items would you need and how many curators to defeat it?
That's precisely what happened to me two years ago when i was still low level. I felt the ladder system was too tough for beginners like me and i hated to beg people to carry me through the ladder. Plus my active time is off peak hours in US3. So in the end i just ignored the event and focused on playing through the main content of the game... Had to console myself the prizes were just cosmetic anyway, lol.

Neia

Warrior
Royal Guardian
Characters
Neia
Platform
PC
I have seen nothing about making Vesesia's fight easier. Can you link the official message that say that?

Since you are a tester, can you try her with one of these affixes:
-Rain of Destruction
-Brawler
-Piercing
And if possible, with a leveling melee character (lvl 80 and below).

Nestor Power

Reader
Platform
PC, Steam
I think the event zone should be fun first of all. I understand that for high level players the event looks easy and does not imply a challenge, but for lower levels and for beginners, it is not. I see no point in increasing more bosses health, it just takes longer time to kill, but not a challenge. High levels get bored because they have seen and passed this event in the past years. Adding interesting mechanics to bosses, not necessarily difficult, would be nice as well as new quests, but of course not this year.

Lalocat

Hunter
Characters
Lalocat
Platform
Android, PC
@CaraLox @Anthem
An affix is a passive buff that appear on some bounties. Usually they do their effect while the bounty is alive, or at its death.

Example of affixes:
If you rolled the one to lose 75% of your health on the boss with the massive, long-lasting damage over time aoe, the next hit from the dot would kill most everyone. :unsure:

Concinus

Grand Priestess
Characters
Tindra Silvertass
Platform
Steam
Last edited
I wish a big flower would pop up with Prisma in it and it doesn't open until after 5 min, because some players just don't care about the 5 min rule and go as far as dragging Prisma into the crowd to trigger others to fight and to leach of the heals from oldies trying to save the lower level players who die so easily.
It sucks that about 3-5 players get to ruin the event for the 20-30 players patiently waiting for all to arrive. Other than those players, we have a great community of timekeepers and announcers who pitch in to inform and count down the 5 min - it isn't possible as players to try to counter bad play ethics better than we have tried.