Halleebell

Squirrel
Characters
Hallee/Freyra
Platform
iOS, PC
Even with more tears I am still not in favor of increasing the health.
I have no idea what is meant by 1 random affix.
I don't think the event zone needs to be a big challenge.... Just a brake from the norm and a way to meet other players.
Agreed I think most run events for the break in the lvl grind and of course for the treats and possible items you can get.

Reactions: Rohana, Zazie and Catori
  • Likex3

sdzs

Citizen
Platform
iOS
Even with more tears I am still not in favor of increasing the health.
I have no idea what is meant by 1 random affix.
I don't think the event zone needs to be a big challenge.... Just a brake from the norm and a way to meet other players.
aka, there’s need to come up with other ways to entertain the end game players :)

Reactions: Catori
  • Likex1

Damon Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Hi Everyone,

New proposal:
  1. Prisma drops 5 Tears of Vesesia instead of 3
  2. Completion of the ladder results in 6 more Tears of Vesesia than before
  3. Gift of Mallok now increases damage by 10% per-player (capped at 300%)
  4. Give Prisma and all the ladder bosses 1 random affix

Best, Damon

AirAmy222

Huntress
Characters
ToughKitty, TKO1, Furrball
Platform
iOS
Hello, Everyone,

Next week, we will be pushing a small fix-it patch to live. We've had repeated requests to make the Vale more challenging, and we're thinking of putting the following changes into the Test build today or tomorrow.

We would like to hear your thoughts on this first. We are considering making the following changes:

• 3 x more hit points for Prisma
  • 2 x more hit points for Ladder bosses
  • Random Affixes on all bosses in event zone

Please let us know what you think, thank you!
I‘m not quite sure why you’re changing the “difficulty level” after it has started. I really don’t care either way as the higher levels are usually carrying Prisma. I would suggest changing the difficulty on future runs since this one is already 4 days in.

Dawnfire

Great Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Athon Dawnfire
Platform
Android, PC
Hi Everyone,

New proposal:

Best, Damon
I could live with this, I mean a bit more challenge for more Tears is a good deal to me

Darkstar

Wizard
Characters
Uza Darkstar, Kerni, Raven Darkmere
Platform
iOS, PC
As a mid-level player (lvl 65 Fire Wizard) I have always found the ladder a struggle when the group contains nothing but mid-level players to the point where the current run is abandoned. Only when we get a lvl 95 on the team do the kills go smoothly and we complete the ladder. I appreciate that some lvl 95's might want the ladder to be made more challenging for them but the proposed changes would likely make the ladder impossible for small groups of mid-level players, if it is even possible today.

The event is supposed to be scaled but right now it feels like that scaling is not balanced.

Imtabled2

Citizen
Characters
Orla, Rowahn, Amrin
Platform
iOS, PC
Hi Everyone,

New proposal:

Best, Damon
I think this strikes the best balance so far! It does give a bit more challenge with better rewards but doesn't put it in danger of just drawing out the battle needlessly!
Random Affixes always make things more interesting!

Reactions: Imp
  • Likex1

Catori

Squirrel
Platform
PC
I really thought event zones were for bringing in all the community at all levels to enjoy group activity. I am very concerned for new and low level players. Do we really want to invite new players into a level 95 playground wearing dropped gear and say “have fun... hope you can survive!” When did event zones need to be so hard that only well geared and high level players can enjoy them? What words do we want to be spoken by new players assessing this game to their friends? Shouldn’t event zones be a fun and exciting experience in this new game they started playing? I don’t think I want to continue in this new vale that is being changed to please a few players. Very sad about this need to make the vale a task that many will have difficulty collecting a reward or having fun.

Characters
Tiffa, Kitty Witch
Platform
Android, PC
to make EZs more challenging add more complex quest to the zones, this will make it some what easier for players to get EZ currencies and give some more variety to the grind, I mean 10,000 total bettles collected & making 3500 apple crisp is tough for new players.

Andral

BRA Member
Platform
iOS, PC
to make EZs more challenging add more complex quest to the zones, this will make it some what easier for players to get EZ currencies and give some more variety to the grind, I mean 10,000 total bettles collected & making 3500 apple crisp is tough for new players.
And, its a piece of cake for well outfitted 95s. I don't think I spent more than a half hour on both those quests, even with enough crisps to do dailies for 2 weeks, but I know it was alot of work last year

Reactions: Catori
  • Likex1

Villy

Villager
Platform
Android
Hi Everyone,

New proposal:

Best, Damon
Is it possible to make Prisma & Vesesia auto atk to be a range atk to prevent leeroy from being able to easily drag the boss to by-stander? Also, can Prisma have a range feat(s) in case some leeroy want to kite them out of range or innocent bystanders. Also, can prisma aoe poison DoTs trigger only at certain percentage that is like say 89% and so forth to not let leeroy the chance to pull to innocent bystanders to kill them. Thank you :)

Reactions: Rohana
  • Likex1

Kitty the Hunter

Villager
Platform
PC
Hi Everyone,

New proposal:

Best, Damon
This hurts low and mid level players because the high level players will be done all the faster with more tears, leaving everyone else unable to finish.

Diamondlocks

Priestess
Platform
PC
my friends and I tried The Vale last year and never did get much done (to be fair, it had been running before we began playing the game at the time). But generally, I enjoy events for a relaxing time that I can do solo if needed or simply help a group in taking down bosses, but I have no interest *at all* in doing the ladder. Please don't make the basic bosses more difficult.

Giruv

Merchant
Royal Guardian
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
I think the HP increase is fine, but only on Prisma, because of the Leroy issue and since She goes down so fast that some might miss them. I don't think Ladder need HP increase, because you can just repeat ladder if something went wrong.

For the gift of Mallok I don't think it is necessary, because even right now the AoE damage from Prisma and Vessessia often 1 shot lower level melee.

Karen Souldancer

Bog Frog
Royal Guardian
Platform
iOS, Android, PC, Steam
Heh, no one is going to complain about more tears :D

1. Gift of Mallok now increases damage by 10% per-player (capped at 300%)
What is it currently? isn't it 15% per player? (dropped from 20% a while back)
Wait, damage or health? I haven't tanked so I don't have an idea.

1. Give Prisma and all the ladder bosses 1 random affix
I agree with Prisma getting a random affix - that could make the fight more interesting. She goes down really fast, so a touch more HP wouldn't be a problem.

I don't like the idea of random affixes on the ladder bosses. Some will be meaningless (e. g. Templar; or that one where we lose health when they die, we'll just heal up before the next boss) and some will be too unpredictable, like if Vesesia gets the one that makes them do a lot more damage, will the tank be able to handle that and both her AoEs?

I'd like to see the fight return to something like it was pre-Starfall. After Turenia, you had to have a healer who was on their toes... curing poison, predicting Anosia's and Rakicia's large AoEs and throwing out shields and heals appropriately. Except for Vesesia on a melee character, most of us can just mash keys.

Would something like this be possible:
Eldelia spawns a swarm.
Anosia tars random players occassionally. The tar makes you attack 90% slower, but can be cured.
Rakicia gets a shield mechanic (like Kirkorra in the Arcane Rift, or Graeme in Dartrey Woods)
Umbra (earth?) spawns a minion that must be killed before taking damage. Another idea - turn a random player (other than the tank) to stone.
Vesesia, at 10% heals to 50% unless crushed.

Reactions: KAVE
  • Likex1

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
Prisma spawns every 70 minutes, if killed at the moments it spawns you can get 22x3=66 tear drops. with 5 minute waiting courtesy you can get 21x 3= 63 drops
a single prisma+bounty+elder runs, I get 65 tears.
That plus daily boss and elder runs you can get over 100 drops a day. 100x 30 days =3000 tears (Not including the initial 1100 tears) If a player is hardcore about the mounts they want That is more than enough tears.
by your calculation, the Player really be doing the bear minimum in the event, assuming they want the bare minimum rewards as well.
Yeah... Or, you know, they're just not retired or jobless. When I come home from work and I spent my evening in front of the computer, I can get 2 prisma Spawns. 3 if I am lucky. I do have to eat ofcourse, but in that scenario my mother cooked and I didn't have to help clean the dishes. If I would have to help with chores after, and/or cook myself too, I might not even be able to get that second prisma. Why would having a job instantly mean I only want the 'bare minimum reward' too? No, I don't, I want a pretty panther mount. But some people have, you know, 'real life'.

sparksy

Merchant
Platform
PC
On Us2 i don't see a problem with ladder as there are plenty of low level players dying on last boss.
In regards to Prisma she is way to easy to kill, if there is a group of 40 plus players poking her with the pointy end she goes down in under 20 seconds.
What I would like to see in a future build would be a system message come up, like with the xmas or i think its the halloween event and yellow message pops up letting everyone know that main boss has spawned and also Prisma in invulnerable to damage for 5 minutes.
Even if the message states evey minute like 5 minutes until Prisma than another 4 minutes to Prisma and so on....
There is a few on server at present who are nice enough to be controlling it like that at present but its not always going to plan and causing conflict and they use caps and i hate when people call it out in caps :/

sparksy

Merchant
Platform
PC
Al
As a mid-level player (lvl 65 Fire Wizard) I have always found the ladder a struggle when the group contains nothing but mid-level players to the point where the current run is abandoned. Only when we get a lvl 95 on the team do the kills go smoothly and we complete the ladder. I appreciate that some lvl 95's might want the ladder to be made more challenging for them but the proposed changes would likely make the ladder impossible for small groups of mid-level players, if it is even possible today.

The event is supposed to be scaled but right now it feels like that scaling is not balanced.
If Armour is set up right there shouldn't be any issues, running the ladder with rare or common amour gets no rewards.
Need to use some sockets and put Armour and magic resist on all of your gear and use preps also

chocaholic

Great Adventurer
Platform
Android, PC
If there are 30 players fighting prisma, should prisma be scaled for 30 players? Larger groups feel a little too easy in game. For example, 95 elder run with 6 players often feels a lot hard than a run with 25 players. Prisma dies very quickly with a large group, if Prisma is anything like last year when we only have 6 of us in off peak time soon I'm sure she will be challenging enough. Would love someone to explain how scaling large groups of players work in this game with bosses and elders?
Thank you

Reactions: Red Wizard
  • Likex1