Joleen

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Kavita, Katona, Chephirah, Avani, Lash LaRue
Platform
Android, PC
I have two toons that barely survive on Prisma, (and especially situations like Zazie mentions) to the point of having to use life pots so they don't die. They are my two glass cannons, fire wiz and hunter.

Reactions: Kitty the Hunter
  • Likex1

Kaydee

Squirrel
Characters
Kaydee, Ziyal, and "AFK"
Platform
PC
My squishy wizz makes it through, but how well she gets through, very much depends on the team she is doing the ladder with,
as long as there are some good tanks, at least one healer who doesn't forget she's there, and not too many just watching, waiting
to join in until the boss is almost dead...

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
I have two toons that barely survive on Prisma, (and especially situations like Zazie mentions) to the point of having to use life pots so they don't die. They are my two glass cannons, fire wiz and hunter.
Two ladder runs ago, Eldelia (the ladder boss who has Contagion) had the Rain of Destruction affix. We lost SIX players out of a smallish group that time around! I think we only had about 16-20 to start with. Had two healers, 2 strong tanks, a couple of middling tanky toons, one strong dps toon, and some middling dps toons. We lost our stronger healer, a low to mid level earth shaman, a couple of low to mid level squishy toons, and I believe that one toon died twice in that fight. I felt so badly, and yet, as one of the two main tanks, there was really nothing that I could do about it! It's just so awful when you're stuck in that situation with that double whammy. (Note that neither of our two primary tanks died due to the combination. We just pulled all of our healing trinkets, buffs, and a couple of item shop heals out of our sleeves instead.)

Contagion plus Rain of Destruction is more a combination of deadly mechanics that I would expect to see in a raid, not in an event zone! :(

Asha

Citizen
Here is my feedback as a low level fire wizard: Since the changes were made I have died each and every time I try Prisma. People aggro her and drag her around and I am dead. None of the high level healers around heal as a matter of fact no one says anything. It has become clear that since its not a problem for the big players it is not a problem. My water shaman and priest can live since they can protect themselves, but my main has been forced to give up her try for a new mount or outfit, which I was having fun attempting. As I bet you can tell, I am not a fan of these changes and not sure I will remain as a player if changes like this mid event are the norm. Sorry my first feedback is negative but wow.

Halleebell

Squirrel
Characters
Hallee/Freyra
Platform
iOS, PC
Here is my feedback as a low level fire wizard: Since the changes were made I have died each and every time I try Prisma. People aggro her and drag her around and I am dead. None of the high level healers around heal as a matter of fact no one says anything. It has become clear that since its not a problem for the big players it is not a problem. My water shaman and priest can live since they can protect themselves, but my main has been forced to give up her try for a new mount or outfit, which I was having fun attempting. As I bet you can tell, I am not a fan of these changes and not sure I will remain as a player if changes like this mid event are the norm. Sorry my first feedback is negative but wow.
i wouldn’t say that because it’s not a problem for high lvl players that we are not concerned. A lot of the high lvl players were against the changes in the first place maybe not all but a lot of us said no we didn’t want it due to what it would mean for the new player. 😕

chocaholic

Great Adventurer
Platform
Android, PC
Some tips for players from holy priest and water shaman who regularly runs the ladder. For all who are dying are on ladder, I noticed players on our server tend to spread out or move as far away possible from the boss. This makes healing very difficult. Stay closely grouped together (except for last two bosses) near the tank and if the tank brings the boss over to the group, then the group heals from healer will heal all involved. Do not run to the other side of the room as this makes healing more difficult. Ask for a party with a healer. I try and add in lower level players and the other night had a level 1, 5 and 8 in group, all survived the ladder. Well done
My fire wizard just tried prisma from a distance and even with fully gnogged gear and maxed levels and rebirths almost died when staying a long distance away. So I ran in close and my health started to climb as I was within the healing range of the tank. Never again will I stand so far away from the tank, so maybe try standing inside healing circles. Fire wizzies - cauterise maxed it out if you can.
I hope this advice helps all our players who are struggling. Happy gaming.

Reactions: Catori and CaraLox
  • Likex2

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
I would just like to reassure the poster on two counts.

The first issue on which I wish to reassure the poster is their final point about changes during an event. The answer here is that, no, major changes during events are not the norm, but as Damon explained elsewhere, one of the long term developers recently left and the remaining developers now doing what he used to do needed to experiment a bit to apply some balance, but also to get a feel for how everything works.

The second issue on which I would like to reassure the poster is in respect of healers not caring about any but the high level players. This is not the case - most healers are anxious to try to help everyone, but currently healers are acting under a major obstacle, which is the lack of health bars visble for non party members. This is not part of some huge conspiracy, but is merelty an unfortunate side effect of the recent nameplate changes, and is already in the process of being rectified, but in the meantime, players and especially healers just have to make the best of an unfortunate situation.

I would also strongly support the advice given in post 247. Try to stay near a healer. The simplest way for healers to deal with the health bar issue is to utilise mass heals, but these are focussed on either the healer themself (priests' mass heal) or on the target, which is usually the tank (water shamans' healing wave). Either way, if you position yourself between the tank and the healer, you are likely to benefit from more mass heals than anywhere else. If you can manage to be outside of eg Vesesia's AoE as well, that is also going to help of course. She has two, and whilst one is pretty unaviodable, the other has a fairly small radius, so try and stand outside it's range.

It is more difficult for melee classes in some ways, but again stay near the tank (let's face it, as a melee class you are anyway) but avoid standing on top of the tank. Doing this makes it near impossible for the healer to see and heal either you or the tank, and that is generally a recipe for disaster. If a healer seems to be focussing only on the tank, it is probably because another player is too close so the healer daren't switch targets for fear they are unable to target the tank again later. By default, if 5 players all charge in to the target they all tend to land up in the same spot - just edge a little to the side and healers will (literally and metaphorically) bless you.

Another piece of advice I would very much support is the suggestion that you ask to party up with a healer. That way the healer can see your health bars and knows when you need a heal. Just remember not all priests are healers - many probably the majority in fact, are shadow priests and are out and out dps.

The last thing I would like to reassure the poster on is that recent controversies over the evnt zone aside, the V and H community is generally very friendly, very welcoming of new players and very supportive of new players. Please stick with it, and most importantly remember the game in general and event zones in particular are supposed to be fun, so just go out and have fun.

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
Another piece of advice I would very much support is the suggestion that you ask to party up with a healer. That way the healer can see your health bars and knows when you need a heal.
This was how my little newly-rebirthed lightning warrior managed to survive two Prisma kills and a ladder run yesterday, all while in the level 6-8 range. She was in party with a healer. It made a world of difference, in terms of her survivability! :)

Characters
BashaDrake, Elmeti, Knytro
Platform
Android
Another helpful tip is Dont attack the ladder bosses from behind. If you are not in a party with a healer, the only way they can target you is to click on you, or cycle through all the players. If you are behind the boss, they can't click on you.