KAVE

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
This nails it on the head, exactly.

It feels as if most of the burden of running the ladder (in terms of combat buffs, in particular) is being placed on the heads of a select few, while the majority are simply being carried. I don't mind so much helping to carry lower level players, but when my mid-level lightning warrior is not only tanking, but is also drastically out-damaging capped dps melee players who have done nearly twice as many rebirths and who have fully (not just partially) socketed their gear? That's a bit much to bear and tbh makes me rather resentful of those players who are afk'ing during ladder runs (or simply only half-watching their screens.) It kind of makes me wish that there was a mechanic in play like with the level 80 hunter elder, who randomly picks a target and drops their max health down to 1. That would make it obviously apparent who is actually paying attention and who isn't! (Perhaps instead of this, there could be a randomly-targeted, similarly-nasty debuff that you had to watch out for and could simply click on to remove??) I'm trying to brainstorm an easy way to force players to pay attention to the screen constantly (instead of only once every few minutes), without making the fight drag on too long or move their toons around too much, which is difficult when things are laggy.
This is true, usually the ladder is carried by a handful of players. If the health boost increased the boss health by 2x, I think perhaps it should be changed to 1.5x instead.

The affixes add some flavor, but as I've said in the past, it is mechanics that the bosses need. Here are some examples of how the bosses could be designed in a fair way using existing boss mechanics.

• Turenia: This boss will follow after Orog Doomslayer (Lvl 70 Elder). When this boss reaches 75%, 50% and 25% of her health, she will spawn a large group of fairies and subsequently shield herself from all damage. As long as even a single fairy is up, then Turenia's shield will remain. These fairies do not follow aggro rules, and will scatter around the chamber and attack random players. They deal very little damage and are incredibly easy to defeat, so there should never be an instance of a player dying to one of these minions. They do come in numbers though, so players should attempt to funnel them close together and slay them quickly so they can continue attacking Turenia before she heals too much.
  • Eldelia: This boss can use a modified version of Undadar's (Rift) nettles. Nettles will spawn around the chamber and they begin to grow over time. It takes around 10 to 15 seconds for a nettle to reach full growth, and when it does, it will vanish and Eldelia will gain some health. Players have to destroy the nettle's before they are able to heal the boss. Destroying the nettles in time will also deal a bit of damage to Eldelia. This fight will keep DPS players busy, and their role is vital. Failing to destroy nettles will heal the boss, which is a fair punishment that players can quickly learn from and counteract.
  • Anosia: Anosia will use a mixture of Grinchta (Grinctha's Lair) and Highlord Meghrin's (Heroic Halls) moves. Anosia will cover random portions of the room with fire and players will take a very small amount of burning damage from standing within. So small that it should never have a realistic chance at killing any of them. However, this is where Grinchta's mechanic comes in. For every player standing within the flaming portion of the room, Anosia will receive a tick of healing. This promotes awareness and movement, and players are not punished with death but rather with a small extension to the fight, which is a fair trade.
  • Rakicia: This boss can be modeled after Benedicta (Heroic Cloister). When she reaches 80%, 60%, 40% and 20% of her health she will release a wave of clones. A certain portion of the players will be cloned and incapacitated, unable to move until their clones are killed. This fight promotes observation and communication, as players should alert their allies upon being cloned. The proportion of players cloned should be low, so if there are 20 players, then only 3 to 5 would be cloned. This is so the fight is not too punishing and difficult. Also, Rakicia will never clone the player at the top of the threat chart.
  • Umbra: This boss will utilize Lord Pyruss' (Lvl 75 Elder) stoning effect. Every 30 seconds the boss will begin to summon stone runes underneath a few random players. These players have a few seconds to move out of the rune's radius, and if they fail to do so in time, they will become incapacitated for 15 seconds. Due to the 30 second interval between rune casts, players can never be permanently frozen.
  • Vesesia: Vesesia will use Valax's (Lvl 85 Elder) 'bomb' ability, but without the one-hit kill mechanic. When Vesesia hits 75%, 50% and 25% health, she will begin to charge up an attack. At this point, certain safe areas in the chamber begin to spawn. For Valax these are in the form of bubbles, but they could easily be something more ice themed for Vesesia. Players have 10 - 15 seconds to make it within one of the safe areas before Vesesia unleashes her blast. Any player who is not within a safe area will become frozen for 15 seconds. Additionally, all other players will suffer from a movement speed debuff. So her blast at 75% gives a 10% speed debuff, her second blast will debuff movement speed by 25% and her final blast by 50%. This affects all players, and makes it a bit harder to make it to the safe zone every time.
Anyway, these are some examples mechanics that I would personally like to see. They promote awareness, communication and movement. If mechanics are added then affixes should be removed.

Lamorack

Great Adventurer
Platform
iOS
Last edited
... Anyway, these are some examples mechanics that I would personally like to see. They promote awareness, communication and movement. If mechanics are added then affixes should be removed.
Some very interesting ideas. These might actually be fun somewhere in the higher reaches of the game.

Unfortunately I think they miss the point of events and the Vale entirely. Events are for cosmetics, they are supposed to be fun and a supplement to not replacement for the main game. Too much of a grind and people either won’t do it or will quit earlier.

That has the effect of making it harder for new toons who take longer and for whom it is harder. The real value in events is mixing and having fun: player retention. What I see here appears designed to satisfy some jaded 95s to the detriment of the fun of events for other 95s and certainly for others whom we hope will persevere to join us.

The problem is not the ideas but where the desire for change is focused. Events are meant to be inclusive and to allow all levels and schedules a chance of baubles and fun not a lengthy grind or insurmountable challenge dependent on end gamer willingness.

This is just wrongly conceived for the health of the game to the extent that it focuses on events. I had hoped that the feedback here, in the parallel thread and throughout chats would have caused this small (very) and misguided minority to pause.

Just throw it out there, instead of cutting the 80s XP, some of these ideas as additional challenges inserted into that grind would do more for the game, particularly if scalable. It’s not that I don’t like the idea of more challenging content it’s just where it is currently sought that I find so inappropriate.

Reactions: Catori
  • Likex1

KAVE

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
That is an interesting take as well, but I would use Grinchta as an example of a fun boss with mechanics in an event zone that players seem to enjoy.

Yes event zones should be inclusive, but that doesn't have to mean they need to be boring. Bosses can have mechanics, just not punishing ones. Mistakes are fine and players can learn and grow from them. Okyris is another example of an event boss with mechanics that players seem to like!

Reactions: Dawnfire
  • Likex1

Lamorack

Great Adventurer
Platform
iOS
That is an interesting take as well, but I would use Grinchta as an example of a fun boss with mechanics in an event zone that players seem to enjoy.
I did not say mechanics are bad per se in an event zone. I note that Grinchta is a singular boss devoid of ladder context. More pertinently, the thrust of my response was the impact of such changes on the character of events.

Why not focus these ideas on year round content? One would think the payback in terms of your stated objectives would be much greater as well as leaving events to help ensure we have a flow of new 95s?

Dawnfire

Great Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Athon Dawnfire
Platform
Android, PC
@KAVE I think those are good ideas to implement. I'd probalby change Anosia though, as AFK players could heal the boss and others would have no way to counter that.

For me bosses having a single mechanic (that is not very punishing) is fun. I know for some fun is to afk auto attack bosses while others carry them, so they reap the rewards with the least effort required. However funnily enough even after affixes were added, most people seemed to enjoy the extra challenge on EU1. Sure they need some fine tunning but some challenge is fun. If you do something boring that won't give you any sense of accomplishment you just get more AFK players cause they have no desire to participate in long and boring fights. But shorter and more dynamic ones would be a welcome change for sure. Just take a look at the dungeon thread, people want RC back which had more mechanics (and was more fun) than HoS. Why? Because it is simply more fun. Putting some more effort into your game will equal more fun for most people, cause that is how we work. People feel better about themselves if they overcome challenges, and enjoy their rewards more if they spent more effort earning them. And these challenges are not things that a new player can't deal with.

And please for the sake of discussion stop calling names/groups out. We all want the game to be better, so why demonize one group over another. It doesn't bring us closer, it just segragetes the playerbase even further. Try to understand others instead judging them

Reactions: KAVE
  • Likex1

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
I LOVE grinchta's dancefloor, its just a shame it laggs so much

Reactions: Zazie
  • Likex1

Imtabled2

Citizen
Characters
Orla, Rowahn, Amrin
Platform
iOS, PC
First, I LOVE some of the mechanic ideas that @KAVE put in his post. But I agree with @Lamorack that ideas like these are better for main game content.
I think that the bosses in events should be scale-able versions of mechanics we see used in other elders that we unfortunately don't get to enjoy any longer once we are out of that level range. This will help newer players with mechanics they are going to see later. We already know they work and we enjoy them. It will have a bit of that nostalgic feel for players who don't get to play with these mechanics anymore! And everyone gets to do it together!

Reactions: Ildranach
  • Likex1

KAVE

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
I did not say mechanics are bad per se in an event zone. I note that Grinchta is a singular boss devoid of ladder context. More pertinently, the thrust of my response was the impact of such changes on the character of events.

Why not focus these ideas on year round content? One would think the payback in terms of your stated objectives would be much greater as well as leaving events to help ensure we have a flow of new 95s?
Scaled Rift is something I've often pushed for and I think would be a great asset towards player retention. But that is beyond the scope of this thread.

The issue that prompted my post of mechanics were that players would be fighting AFK while a few players carried the entire team and the goal was to utilize mechanics to prevent this dangerous behavior.

First, I LOVE some of the mechanic ideas that @KAVE put in his post. But I agree with @Lamorack that ideas like these are better for main game content.
I think that the bosses in events should be scale-able versions of mechanics we see used in other elders that we unfortunately don't get to enjoy any longer once we are out of that level range. This will help newer players with mechanics they are going to see later. We already know they work and we enjoy them. It will have a bit of that nostalgic feel for players who don't get to play with these mechanics anymore! And everyone gets to do it together!
All of the mechanics I listed were based on existing bosses although some were changed slightly to make them less punishing or better scaled for larger groups of players. The inspiration behind the abilities comes from the following bosses:

-Orog Doomslayer
-Undadar
-Grinchta
-Benedicta
-Lord Pyrrus
-Valax

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
The issue that prompted my post of mechanics were that players would be fighting AFK while a few players carried the entire team and the goal was to utilize mechanics to prevent this dangerous behavior.
However the goal is accomplished, I feel that there is a need to prevent players from having the ability to fight in event zones while being afk or just constantly autoattacking, even when all of their feats have refreshed.

A simpler idea I've thought of is derived from other games where botting/autoclicking is prevented by pop-ups that a player has to click on periodically, to prevent being booted. Perhaps something similar could be added in event zones? (The result being either instant death or being booted from the server temporarily.) Obviously it would need to be limited to a certain area of an event zone (the ladder chambers, the chamber within Grinchta's Lair....), but it might be a simpler solution than adding complex mechanics to each fight, particularly those which often cause major lag. (The runes at Okyris, Grinchta's dance floor, the fire at Highlord Meghrin...)

Another idea is simply for the game to recognize whether feats are being used in EZ boss fights or just autoattacks. I have no idea of how difficult this might be to code, but if a player who is running low on mana has to click a feat at least once every 30 seconds, surely that's better than that same player just autoattacking. Whether this behavior would result in instant death (and having to try again later) or simply a drastic reduction in health (like 75% as the Plagued affix does), there should be some kind of penalty for only autoattacking for a certain length of time. Even if you're out of mana and you have no boosts on your gear to Will, your mana will still refresh fast enough so that you can use your cheapest feat at least once every 30 seconds or so.

Imtabled2

Citizen
Characters
Orla, Rowahn, Amrin
Platform
iOS, PC
I don't think people should be penalized for auto-attacking on a boring long tank and spank boss that is done daily. Mechanics that make fights quicker and have to do something other than stand there will make people be more engaged and that issue will go away.

Also some things happen in RL that might make people have to look away from their screen for a minute or so. Don't punish people for not wanting or being able to play the way you want them to play. Incentivize a better behavior. <- She says as she writes this response during a prisma battle where she is mostly only auto attacking.

Reactions: Catori, JojoBean and Shyama
  • Likex2
  • Lovex1

Halleebell

Squirrel
Characters
Hallee/Freyra
Platform
iOS, PC
I don't think people should be penalized for auto-attacking on a boring long tank and spank boss that is done daily. Mechanics that make fights quicker and have to do something other than stand there will make people be more engaged and that issue will go away.

Also some things happen in RL that might make people have to look away from their screen for a minute or so. Don't punish people for not wanting or being able to play the way you want them to play. Incentivize a better behavior. <- She says as she writes this response during a prisma battle where she is mostly only auto attacking.
But the problem with that. Is they are making it boring for themselves by not actually engaging in the fight. Along with prolonging the fight. Then I’m talking about the higher lvl players not low lvl or mid lvl. They are sacrificing low lvl players because they refuse to engage with a “boring” fight. Which means these low lvl players who are giving it all they got and then they die and are possibly not making it back to the boss before it dies loosing the chance for the reward. That’s what irks me. After seeing this on another server I was very glad to be in us3 cause I know most not all high lvl players engage in the fight to make sure the bosses focus on them and the healers heal the entire time. But do I think the players who refuse to do anything but hit a few times should be punished, no. But they shouldn’t be on the forums while they’re fighting the boss and writing on here and still getting credit. And people complain about players hopping at least they are engaged in the battle and deserve the reward.

Reactions: Catori and Lamorack
  • Likex2

JojoBean

Hero
Platform
iOS, PC, Steam
But the problem with that. Is they are making it boring for themselves by not actually engaging in the fight. Along with prolonging the fight. Then I’m talking about the higher lvl players not low lvl or mid lvl. They are sacrificing low lvl players because they refuse to engage with a “boring” fight. Which means these low lvl players who are giving it all they got and then they die and are possibly not making it back to the boss before it dies loosing the chance for the reward. That’s what irks me. After seeing this on another server I was very glad to be in us3 cause I know most not all high lvl players engage in the fight to make sure the bosses focus on them and the healers heal the entire time. But do I think the players who refuse to do anything but hit a few times should be punished, no. But they shouldn’t be on the forums while they’re fighting the boss and writing on here and still getting credit. And people complain about players hopping at least they are engaged in the battle and deserve the reward.
But I’d have to agree with Imtabled no matter what, these fights have no mechanics and therefore it DOES get boring for people, I can totally see the point of “why sit there and spam abilities for 20 minuets When the result is the same anyways” the better solution is for in the future devs to come up with engaging mechanics that simply don’t allow for idle game play and enhance the event experience as a whole. Just saying “play my way or be kicked from the instance “ isn’t a viable solution to your issue. =) the best option here is for the game to move away from tank and spank style fights because if not there will ALWAYS be idle people.

Halleebell

Squirrel
Characters
Hallee/Freyra
Platform
iOS, PC
But I’d have to agree with Imtabled no matter what, these fights have no mechanics and therefore it DOES get boring for people, I can totally see the point of “why sit there and spam abilities for 20 minuets When the result is the same anyways” the better solution is for in the future devs to come up with engaging mechanics that simply don’t allow for idle game play and enhance the event experience as a whole. Just saying “play my way or be kicked from the instance “ isn’t a viable solution to your issue. =) the best option here is for the game to move away from tank and spank style fights because if not there will ALWAYS be idle people.
I never said it was a viable solution. Nor did I say they should be kicked from instance.i actually said they should not be punished. But to complain about it being boring and be doing absolutely nothing is kind of hypocritical. With more mechanics comes more lag which is part of the issue with the event zones. Iv barely ran this event because lag is so horrid. Iv never seen it this bad before. So anything that’s going to create more lag on top of what we already have is not my ideal of good game play. It will cause more problems in the end. But the way I see it if your going to be browsing forums, the web while your “fighting” prisma. Then no you do not deserve credit. And your not being actually punished by anyone but yourself for doing so. It’s one thing to be cooking or something and pressing a spell here and there during the fight it’s a whole other thing to have the game behind a web screen and still get credit.

Reactions: Catori and Lamorack
  • Likex2

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
I fear this thread has moved somewhat away from its purpose of providing feedback on existing changes.

I would also like to remind posters to try to keep their posts polite and respectful, and to try to avoid personal remarks.

Imtabled2

Citizen
Characters
Orla, Rowahn, Amrin
Platform
iOS, PC
I never said it was a viable solution. Nor did I say they should be kicked from instance.i actually said they should not be punished. But to complain about it being boring and be doing absolutely nothing is kind of hypocritical. With more mechanics comes more lag which is part of the issue with the event zones. Iv barely ran this event because lag is so horrid. Iv never seen it this bad before. So anything that’s going to create more lag on top of what we already have is not my ideal of good game play. It will cause more problems in the end. But the way I see it if your going to be browsing forums, the web while your “fighting” prisma. Then no you do not deserve credit. And your not being actually punished by anyone but yourself for doing so. It’s one thing to be cooking or something and pressing a spell here and there during the fight it’s a whole other thing to have the game behind a web screen and still get credit.
I can do a prisma, or a ladder, and auto attack half the time, and still end up in the top 10 for dps. The point of me saying that I was at the Prisma while typing the post was to point out that boring mechanics make for bad behavior. I was showing an example of bad behavior. Would I be able to do this at some of the bosses in Oasis where I have to jump out of the way in order to stay alive no? Also I am still helping bring down the prisma so why would I not deserve credit?

Game mechanics do not directly = lag. The increased lag on this event is due to the increase in zone size from 50 to 60. Sure mechanics that spawn clones or runes might add to lag, but there are mechanics that can be added that does not add to the lag problems.

The point is any form of negative reinforcement to get a specific behavior never works in the long run. It ultimately makes the game less fun for everyone. But if things are set up in a way that makes it a positive experience for all then the game grows and it will help with retention in the game and in the event zones.

Reactions: Catori and JojoBean
  • Likex1
  • Lovex1

JojoBean

Hero
Platform
iOS, PC, Steam
hi! I feel the issue with lag is an entire separate issue to keeping a player engaged so I’m just going to focus on that =) mechanics to enhance the gameplay will keep players involved. I was just saying We can’t go and tell people that they’re not worth getting credit for not using feats exct. The most viable solution is in game punishments for not paying attention such as dying because you had to adhere to a mechanic and didn’t do so. There are many mechanics that wouldn’t add to lag that could be implemented into the current gameplay and I truly hope they do so! Punishing the idle behavior in any way outside of the natural consequence for not paying attention isn’t going to work long term.

Reactions: KAVE
  • Likex1
Characters
Tiffa, Ruby Wolf
Platform
Android, PC
What Event Zones need is weekly challenges, were we as players have to do a few new gathering quest, special new bosses, new quests. This way us players, can have something to keep us from being bored.

Reactions: CaraLox
  • Likex1

Math Fish

Squirrel
Characters
Math Fish (M Hunter), Shama Fisha (W Shaman), Accursed Angelfish (S Priest)
Platform
Steam
I reckon I'll put my 2-cents worth in (only 2 cents, though :p) now that this seems to have simmered down a bit.

I am a strong believer in the notion that there is more to difficulty than numbers; and coming from a math nerd that should say a lot on its own. If numbers were the only metric, then I would just fling my hero at a mob and if I didn't kill it, it would be because my numbers just weren't high enough. It would have nothing to do with skill, reaction time, lag, my group, or understanding of game mechanics. So, that is one point I would like to drive home to everyone, but in this case especially the developers:
  • Numbers =/= difficulty.
    In other words, if someone asks for a difficulty boost, it doesn't mean you have to raise the numbers on the enemy or lower the numbers on the player. What it means is that some metric of difficulty needs to be changed. Perhaps it is the introduction of a new mechanic, or lowering the time it take for a certain ability to be used, or just adding some randomness to the fight. Regardless, listening to the specifics of the problem can help immensely in determining which thing needs to be changed. In my opinion the issue lies more in the bosses being tank-and-spank types than it is a matter of actual difficulty. In fact all I've seen is the ladder getting EASIER and the original problem (tank-and-spank) getting worse.
That said, I feel that it isn't the level of difficulty that is the problem. It is that the length is too long while the engagement is too little. In other words, I feel we need to have the boss health lowered and another form of difficulty introduced to balance the difficulty. A shorter, more engaging fight would go a long way in a ladder with no less than 6 consecutive elder bosses. So, that is another point I would like to drive home:
  • Keep the level of difficulty constant by lowering boss stats and increasing mechanical difficulty.
    This can be through implementing simple mechanics from other elders like some have suggested; it can be the affixes you already implemented, but with some alterations made to them (like removing Rain of Destruction from users of Toxilation or giving certain fae specific affixes - yes, that is plural). However it is done, I feel simplistic is the only way to go in the short term ... and consider more interesting iterations for next year.

That takes care of generalities, now for specifics.
  • Prisma - Why does she not actually have abilities from all the other fae? If some are broken together, that is one thing; but it goes against the essence of what Prisma is to not give her the actual abilities of the other fae.
  • Turenia - She is the fae of light, but has poison abilities. Shouldn't that be Eldelia? In the short term, perhaps let Terenia have a couple of Holy abilities and perhaps summon fae like Lilith.
  • Eldelia - I like the idea of Toxilation on her. Perhaps giving her a unique Vampiric affix (maybe slightly more effective) and lesser stats can add some flavor to this one in the short term. Another option could be a weaker Rain of Destruction (5 crits at 15 players; 10 crits at 30 players - linear scaling) without the lesser stats.
  • Rakicia - Short term, Rakicia can simply have a good Voidstrike stat with a couple of shadow dots (one single and one aoe - no Rain of Destruction affix for this one) and the affix can be random. Long term, Rakicia can use the random damaging ability that Benedicta had along with ... something else that I'm not thinking of atm.
  • Anosia - Anosia is fire? I didn't know that! Let's give her Fireball with the damage proc, a spammable fire ability (not a dot), and a fixed Rain of Destruction and Savage affixes. She may need to be slightly nerfed on damage to compensate or have the damage proc removed ... we'll see. lol
  • Umbra - Again ... Umbra is far too tanky. If we are keeping Umbra as is, then remove Earthquake and replace it with Ground Slam and Tremors. Ideally the two abilities would alternate to have a small hit followed by a medium hit going back and forth. The affix ... not sure on this one.
  • Vesesia - She can go in any number of directions:
    • I like the idea of giving her Tidal Wave, Twister, and Swift Waters (Swift Waters scaled with number of players) with the Piercing or Frost Touched affix.
    • She could have a modified Water Shield that gives 5 charges for every player in the arena, but has double or triple the cooldown. I'm not sure what a good affix would be for this one.
    • She could just go full healing with Water Whip, Rejuvenation, Healing Wave, Swift Waters, and Tidal Wave. I think a good affix for this one would be Tenacious.
  • Overall - I feel that with changes along the lines of what I put here would not need much of a change in stats ... maybe reduced by 10-20% at the most. Long term changes like a Meghrim fire for Anosia, a Maggwood mana debuff with shrooms for Eldelia, a retaliation rotation with Umbra, etc would require a much sharper nerf along the lines of 33-50%. The idea is essentially this: the more interesting the battle becomes, the shorter it needs to be in the ladder. Otherwise, you run into one of two problems: (1) It becomes too difficult for an event zone or (2) the adrenaline rush lasts too long and results in fatigue.

Now for some OTHER ideas:
  • This one is a bit technical to explain, but it's implementation is actually quite simple (I hope - at least it would be easy for a user to understand anyway lol).
    • Create a new chat command called /ez.
    • When a player types this command, a pop-up appears that looks like the "Are you sure you want to delete this item?" message. In that popup is the following message:
      "<Event Boss> will spawn in <Time Til Spawn>. Would you like to go to <Event Zone> now?"
    • You can add additional information like 5 event bosses for the Grinchta event or 8 for Sugarsweet. These should always be in a fixed order, NOT by spawn time. That way players can get used to the format and look for exactly the information they desire to find.
    • There will be a "Yes' and a "No" option just like the "Are you sure you want to delete this item?" message. If a player presses "No" the popup closes and that is it. If a player presses "Yes" then they are ported to the event zone and:
      • IF it is within 1 minute of a special spawn (like Prisma or Grinchta) and the player actually is going to the correct hop, then a system message is sent to EVERYONE (or just a local message if possible) that says the following:
        "Please wait 1 minute. A hero is coming to slay <Elder Boss that triggered this message>."
      • This message cannot appear more than once every 10 seconds to avoid spam.
      • This message cannot be sent by a player more than once every 60 minutes to avoid spam. This is an IP wide cooldown.
  • In lieu of the first idea, it would be nice to have the periodic "Prisma will spawn in x." return as it was before. When I first recommended the 5-minute warning, I intended this to be in addition to the original message.
  • I hate to recommend this next one. I very much like the idea of adding a cooldown to the elder rewards. In fact, I wonder why this wasn't done years ago. With this kind of change on the way, I feel that this kind of suggestion may be at least heard: Would it be possible to lower the cap for number of players in the event zone? Alternatively, could we move the elder battles to an entirely separate area that has as little ... stuff ... in it as possible? I am sure you are getting tired of hearing about the fps figures of 0.1-0.3 while fighting Prisma. It happened with Grinchta as well and some of the Sugarsweet bosses to a much lesser extent. If any bosses are going to be anything other than "afk a while and listen", we seriously need to find a way to help with the fps loss. I seriously had a ping of over 24000ms the other day ... that's ridiculous!
  • This last one is more an observation than anything. After seeing what ... 4-5 events at this point? ... I have come to the conclusion that event zones are more about the rewards than they are about actually having fun. On the one hand this speaks volumes about your ability to create wonderful stuff that everyone really wants to have. On the other this speaks volumes about the mindset of the community as a whole: When given the choice between enjoying the game or a new mount, the community will choose the mount 9.9/10 times. And this is sad in my opinion. It's a material versus intangible reward thing: I would like if our community appreciated the intangible rewards a bit more than they do now, but ... I will live with whatever happens. It could certainly be much worse: We could be run by one of the many corporations who don't care about anything but the next increase in profit. I guess what I'm asking for is this: Could our community come into the event zone and remain the community we love outside event zones? There are a lot of people you don't normally interact with that would make great friends if we stopped long enough to enjoy their company. Heck, I'd wager most of my friends are ones I made in event zones ... or world chat, one of the two. lol
Okay! Maybe that was a bit more than 2 cents. Whatever! I'll keep it all in here and not edit anything out this time.

Joleen

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Kavita, Katona, Chephirah, Avani, Lash LaRue
Platform
Android, PC
Until you realize that the stats part barely matters :D. And then it's simpler again. Focus on the runes, people! THE RUUUUNNNES!
I doooo! But I can't get any of those ruuuuunnnnes I need! My poor alt Lash still has lvl 23 jewelry and he's soon to be level 57. The game needs to loosen up on some things. RNG kills us, runes can't be found anywhere, jewelry when it finally does drop some 30 levels too late STILL has no runes. We need runes!

Reactions: Kitty the Hunter
  • Likex1

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
We would like to hear your thoughts on this first. We are considering making the following changes:
  • 3 x more hit points for Prisma
  • 2 x more hit points for Ladder bosses
  • Random Affixes on all bosses in event zone
Please, could something be done so that NO ez boss (Prisma or ladder) is able to have the combination of Contagion and Rain of Destruction? That's the incredibly deadly combination that has been killing so many players at Prisma, in particular.

Last night on US1, we were unlucky enough to have the Rain of Destruction affix on Prisma THREE spawns in a row!!! The deaths were all occurring in waves, due to Prisma's dot's. The start of the fight was fine, then there was a wave of about 5 deaths, followed about 10-20 seconds later of a wave of an additional 3 deaths, then a short while later, another 2 deaths, and then another one or two right around the time that Prisma died. (There were about 40 of us, and one or two players died twice!) She appears to be deadliest for low to mid level dps toons, from what I've noticed.