Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
The changes made, especially to the ladder, have not made the event more fun or more challenging. It’s just mad the event take longer and more boring. Not to mention a resource sink.
Exactly. I'm growing nothing but blueberries because of ladder runs where we have plenty of melee toons (and a healer) but insufficient dps...and/or not everyone is using their feats. My little warrior has consistently been using more mana potions than my shadow priest, who is a notorious mana hog!!! When a level 51 moderately-geared lightning warrior is not only tanking, but also doing significantly more damage than a level 95 fury warrior who's just standing there auto-attacking and not using any feats, there's a problem. I can't tell you how many times I've seen warriors just auto-attacking on the ladder. That's yet another issue that's not being addressed, and it's directly related to the boredom that some players are experiencing.

Last night, when Auntie was tanking the ladder, she was number TWO on the damage dealt chart, miles above a level 80 rebirthed lightning warrior who looked as if they might have been able to tank, if only they had tried! (I was closely watching the Threat Output chart. During the Turenia fight (and at other times when they were using feats), their threat wasn't that much less than mine. But when they were only auto-attacking, it was incredibly obvious because of how much larger the gap in threat was.)

I would be happy if capped players (in particular) couldn't get away with just standing there, auto-attacking during these fights. It punishes everyone and makes the fights unnecessarily harder and take much longer, too. Last night, when I took my warrior through, we took about half an hour to run the ladder, and it felt as if the only players in the group doing any work (out of about 20-22) were me, the healer, and a hunter. Later, when I took my shadow priest through, we had one tank, one healer, and everyone else was dps. (Not only was everyone else dps, but we had about 2-4 really heavy hitters, twice as many as on the previous run.) That second run was over in about half the time of the first one. The difference felt like night and day.

The difficulty of the ladder needs to accommodate groups of different sizes, strengths and balances, so long as there's a tank, a healer, and at least a bit of dps. But I really wish that something could be added to prevent players from afk'ing on the ladder, even when they're high level. It's not fair at all to the team when it's a high level player being carried by one who's "half their age."

Just had to share my recent experiences.

Pookey

Hunter
Characters
Pookey2
Platform
PC
Still confused on how my lvl 87 hunter did significantly more damage than the several tanks around me throughout the fight

Joleen

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Kavita, Katona, Chephirah, Avani, Lash LaRue
Platform
Android, PC
Still confused on how my lvl 87 hunter did significantly more damage than the several tanks around me throughout the fight
Tanks aren't damage dealers, they are tanks - something strong that can absorb damage at a crazy rate.

Reactions: Roak and Black_Cvlt
  • Likex2

Joleen

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Kavita, Katona, Chephirah, Avani, Lash LaRue
Platform
Android, PC
The resource sink is the worst problem in The Vale for me right now. What Zazie was talking about is what I am experiencing, and yes, I too have actually had problems of getting sleepy in the ladder! :cautious:

Reactions: Karma
  • Likex1

Dawnfire

Great Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Athon Dawnfire
Platform
Android, PC
AFKing on bosses was present even before, but with the increased health pool it does become a lot more emphasized. Due to longer fights I think even more people are prone to AFK them, which in turn makes them last even longer. I think Health needs to be reduced to what it was before, right now it would be fine tuned to people actively playing with proper setups, which is the case for only a minority of the player base. I've found affixes to be fine for the most part with Brawler and Rain of Destruction being the most lethal, those could probably use some fine tuning. And possibly (next year?) some mechanic to reward active players against afk ones

sparksy

Merchant
Platform
PC
How all event zones have changed, when i first started playing and walked my way into the event zones as a low level player it was tough, so tough i never got anything but a toy.
This gave me incentive to better equip myself with better armour and a stronger weapon.
With all the free sockets you receive from events and calendars that's plenty to make yourself stronger.
If you cant make gear yourself ask around and be sure to supply someone with mats and gold for them to be able to craft it.
This game has turned into farmville over the last few years, with everyone crying to the Otters, its to hard instead of finding a solution to make yourself stronger.
Also if you are struggling at present please ask to party up with a healer for help, they are more than happy to help out.

Reactions: Klaeklae and Roak
  • Likex2

sparksy

Merchant
Platform
PC
yeah but before starfall making yourself stronger wasnt that hard. Now you need a double degree in Rocket science AND understanding of music theory on academic level to get anywhere with those stats.
No way crafting was way more complex before starfall and thats why we don't have it no more, gathering is so much easier and you dont have to 1 click everytime to gather or craft :/

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
How all event zones have changed, when i first started playing and walked my way into the event zones as a low level player it was tough, so tough i never got anything but a toy.
This gave me incentive to better equip myself with better armour and a stronger weapon.
With all the free sockets you receive from events and calendars that's plenty to make yourself stronger.
If you cant make gear yourself ask around and be sure to supply someone with mats and gold for them to be able to craft it.
This game has turned into farmville over the last few years, with everyone crying to the Otters, its to hard instead of finding a solution to make yourself stronger.
Also if you are struggling at present please ask to party up with a healer for help, they are more than happy to help out.
If we were talking about ordinary zones, I might agree with you - but we're not. We are talking about temporary, event zones which are supposed to be fun for all.

Why should newer, lower level players be forced to use up sockets wastefully on gear they will have outgrown tomorrow just to run a fun event zone? Why should players be forced to beg for help from healers just to survive in a fun event zone? Why should players just starting out and not even aware of how the crafting system works, not to mention stats, be forced to craft gear that again they will outgrow in less than a week, just to take part in a fun, temporary event zone?

In short, why should a fun, event zone be fun only for the high level and well equipped players who have been playing for years?

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
No way crafting was way more complex before starfall and thats why we don't have it no more, gathering is so much easier and you dont have to 1 click everytime to gather or craft :/
Crafting was indeed a little more complex (though not that much). Stats on the other hand are much, much more compicated to understand than the system before Starfall. Building a character now is considerably more complicated than before, plus now there is an enormous RNG element to crafting gear which was never the case before Starfall.

SprigOfHalcyon

Master Farmer
Royal Guardian
Platform
Android, PC
Crafting was indeed a little more complex (though not that much). Stats on the other hand are much, much more compicated to understand than the system before Starfall. Building a character now is considerably more complicated than before, plus now there is an enormous RNG element to crafting gear which was never the case before Starfall.
Until you realize that the stats part barely matters :D. And then it's simpler again. Focus on the runes, people! THE RUUUUNNNES!

Reactions: Allison Wonderland
  • Likex1

sparksy

Merchant
Platform
PC
If we were talking about ordinary zones, I might agree with you - but we're not. We are talking about temporary, event zones which are supposed to be fun for all.

Why should newer, lower level players be forced to use up sockets wastefully on gear they will have outgrown tomorrow just to run a fun event zone? Why should players be forced to beg for help from healers just to survive in a fun event zone? Why should players just starting out and not even aware of how the crafting system works, not to mention stats, be forced to craft gear that again they will outgrow in less than a week, just to take part in a fun, temporary event zone?

In short, why should a fun, event zone be fun only for the high level and well equipped players who have been playing for years?
Why have weapons and sockets at all? Lets all have clubs that are even at the same level. Why have armour lets all go naked?
What is the point of this game if there is no incentive to improve one's self.
Its like what they teach children in schools nowadays that everyone gets a 1st place prize even if you come last.
So what if you out grow your weapons and armour? they can be used for 5 rebirths and that gear i crafted for events zones in the past i still have stored away hoping there will be another rebirth in a future build....

Reactions: Roak and Black_Cvlt
  • Likex1
  • Hahax1

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Platform
PC
Last edited by a moderator
AFKing on bosses was present even before, but with the increased health pool it does become a lot more emphasized. Due to longer fights I think even more people are prone to AFK them, which in turn makes them last even longer.
This nails it on the head, exactly.

It feels as if most of the burden of running the ladder (in terms of combat buffs, in particular) is being placed on the heads of a select few, while the majority are simply being carried. I don't mind so much helping to carry lower level players, but when my mid-level lightning warrior is not only tanking, but is also drastically out-damaging capped dps melee players who have done nearly twice as many rebirths and who have fully (not just partially) socketed their gear? That's a bit much to bear and tbh makes me rather resentful of those players who are afk'ing during ladder runs (or simply only half-watching their screens.) It kind of makes me wish that there was a mechanic in play like with the level 80 hunter elder, who randomly picks a target and drops their max health down to 1. That would make it obviously apparent who is actually paying attention and who isn't! (Perhaps instead of this, there could be a randomly-targeted, similarly-nasty debuff that you had to watch out for and could simply click on to remove??) I'm trying to brainstorm an easy way to force players to pay attention to the screen constantly (instead of only once every few minutes), without making the fight drag on too long or move their toons around too much, which is difficult when things are laggy.

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
Until you realize that the stats part barely matters :D. And then it's simpler again. Focus on the runes, people! THE RUUUUNNNES!
Can everybody just stop giving contradictory advice? Recently I spent close to an hour in trade chat with people explaining to me what I need. Where they told me opposite things to what someone told me earlier. I am JUST starting to think I may remember next time I make a piece and what does this one say? Throw it all overboard. GRRRR!!!

Halleebell

Squirrel
Characters
Hallee/Freyra
Platform
iOS, PC
This nails it on the head, exactly.

It feels as if most of the burden of running the ladder (in terms of combat buffs, in particular) is being placed on the heads of a select few, while the majority are simply being carried. I don't mind so much helping to carry lower level players, but when my mid-level lightning warrior is not only tanking, but is also drastically out-damaging capped dps melee players who have done nearly twice as many rebirths and who have fully (not just partially) socketed their gear? That's a bit much to bear and tbh makes me rather resentful of those players who are afk'ing during ladder runs (or simply only half-watching their screens.) It kind of makes me wish that there was a mechanic in play like with the level 80 hunter elder, who randomly picks a target and drops their max health down to 1. That would make it obviously apparent who is actually paying attention and who isn't! (Perhaps instead of this, there could be a randomly-targeted, similarly-nasty debuff that you had to watch out for and could simply click on to remove??) I'm trying to brainstorm an easy way to force players to pay attention to the screen constantly (instead of only once every few minutes), without making the fight drag on too long or move their toons around too much, which is difficult when things are laggy.
I noticed this happening during sugar sweet, thoe I’m sure it’s been going on a lot longer. But when I hopped over to Us2 I was playing a fire wizard and Was lvl 20 it was easier to notice the auto attacks there do to the limited amount of players fighting the elders. But literally lvl 20 players were holding threat over high lvl players and I was like what the heck is going on. It made no sense until I realized the werent actually fighting the boss or were using very limited feats. I know not everyone does this. But I think part of the problem is this right here. Idk it irks me when I see this thoe. There’s no reason to sacrifice your lvl 20 players cause high lvl player wants to just auto attack. This is probably why some of the servers are seeing a good amount of deaths still.

Reactions: Anthem and Zazie
  • Likex2

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
tanks aren't damage dealers, they are tanks - something strong that can absorb damage at a crazy rate.
I think it's because the EZ bounties leave the tanks and attack the toons doing high damage often.

Also not so many lightning warriors are left on US1 so fury warriors are trying to be tanks, sometimes an earth shaman will play, but it's reality :)

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Platform
PC
Also not so many lightning warriors are left on US1
I think that the majority of the lightning warriors remaining on US1 are alt toons, not main toons, and that few are high level. Most of the players I know who have a warrior as their main toon have gone fury and given up on lightning. Shame really, cause due to the recent balancing changes (and in particular, having threat tied to so many lightning ultimates), I find that my little lightning warrior is just as much fun (if not more) to play than ever! :D