Lalocat

Hunter
Characters
Lalocat
Platform
Android, PC
There is no strategy for most players except trying to stay as far away from the boss as you can while still catching some healing for the unavoidable damage, and if someone close to you gets aggro, you just hope you have enough time to run before getting squashed in one hit.

Prisma dies just as fast as before, but if you are low level you won't be there to see it. Terrible change.

AirAmy222

Huntress
Characters
ToughKitty, TKO1, Furrball
Platform
iOS
I’m done with Vale. I find it incredibly frustrating that the “elites” feel like they have to ”improve” on a zone that used to be somewhat fun and is now nothing but a healer and mana nightmare. I was really looking forward to this, but now it’s nothing but a nightmare trying to pick my way through. Sorry devs, but ya lost another one to this awful “improvement”. I like a good challenge but this is nothing short of ridiculous

Reactions: Airy and Catori
  • Likex2

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Last edited
Ok, so I don't think it's any secret I was not a big fan of the suggested changes, (or even more the reasoning behind making them) but it's only the first day guys, let's at least give it a day or two to see if things improve.

The Prisma message was introduced to try to reduce the arguments and strife over "to wait or not to wait" discussions. It may not be working exactly as we all wanted, but let's give it a bit of time and see if we can sort something out.

As for the numbers of deaths - yes the changes were intended to mix things up a bit and provide a little more challenge, but it was never intended to increase the number of deaths as seems to be happening.

Most importantly LETHAL STRIKES IS BUGGED.

It is not supposed to be causing the massive damage that it is doing. I do not doubt Devs will find some solution to the problem with lethal strikes, and once they do, let's all take another look at things then, hmm?

Edit - oops, missed out a rather crucial "not" in the last paragraph.

Reactions: CaraLox
  • Likex1

KAVE

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
Prisma dies just as fast as before, but if you are low level you won't be there to see it. Terrible change.
The developers proposed increasing the health of Prisma but almost everyone was dead set against it. The health increase would have extended the duration of the fight by another 60 seconds or so, allowing everyone additional time to make their way over.

Damon Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Hey Everyone,
We didn't make these changes to make just the elites happy. We just haven't looked at Vale balance for a while- and we wanted to improve it for everyone.

We apologize for all the chaos this has created- especially seeing players feeling divided :(

The whole point of "Villagers & Heroes" is a place where everyone can enjoy the game- not just a few.

We will do some fixes today or tomorrow. We were going to push a fix today, but after reading some of the feedback today, we see some more things we can fix.

Best,
Damon

Halleebell

Squirrel
Characters
Hallee/Freyra
Platform
iOS, PC
Hey Everyone,
We didn't make these changes to make just the elites happy. We just haven't looked at Vale balance for a while- and we wanted to improve it for everyone.

We apologize for all the chaos this has created- especially seeing players feeling divided :(

The whole point of "Villagers & Heroes" is a place where everyone can enjoy the game- not just a few.

We will do some fixes today or tomorrow. We were going to push a fix today, but after reading some of the feedback today, we see some more things we can fix.

Best,
Damon
Can we have the reminder For prisma actually pop up like a chat bubble on all chats? At the moment you have to constantly check chat. If I remember correctly system messages like when the server is going to reboot the message actually pops up like someone is chatting in world or guild. I think a lot of players are missing these reminders for prisma atleast from what Iv seen in guild chat. I dont have world chat pop ups cause it’s too distracting while running bounty’s and elders. It’s a constant flow of chat on us3 so if we could get it to pop up like a chat bubble in all chats that would really be awesome.

Reactions: Ildranach
  • Likex1

CaraLox

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Loxana/Mrs Doubtfire/Cara Lox
Platform
iOS, PC
Hey Everyone,

Best,
Damon
love how you guys listen, look forward to more changes, keep up the good work.

Reactions: Catori
  • Likex1

Sarah Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Can we have the reminder For prisma actually pop up like a chat bubble on all chats? At the moment you have to constantly check chat. If I remember correctly system messages like when the server is going to reboot the message actually pops up like someone is chatting in world or guild. I think a lot of players are missing these reminders for prisma atleast from what Iv seen in guild chat. I dont have world chat pop ups cause it’s too distracting while running bounty’s and elders. It’s a constant flow of chat on us3 so if we could get it to pop up like a chat bubble in all chats that would really be awesome.
This is one of the issues we are looking at right now, and hope to have a fix for as soon as we can.

Lamorack

Great Adventurer
Platform
iOS
The developers proposed increasing the health of Prisma but almost everyone was dead set against it. The health increase would have extended the duration of the fight by another 60 seconds or so, allowing everyone additional time to make their way over.

Think if you missed the point by any greater margin you would have fallen into the abyss.

Reactions: CaraLox and Airy
  • Hahax1
  • Likex1

Lamorack

Great Adventurer
Platform
iOS
Hey Everyone,

Best,
Damon
There is an incredibly tiny minority on one side both in servers and in this thread. The concerns as to the timing, predictability and response are writ large. For the placating of a few we have already lost some and you guys are focused on something not broken till this misadventure.

I truly wish you would look at the reaction in server chats directly. It might be a splash of cold water on this whole endeavor

Reactions: Airy and Catori
  • Likex2

Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
At least from what I can see, the number of post that reject the idea of increasing health is fewer than the one that reject the increase of the difficulty, and most post that reject the idea of hp increase is only when HP increase is tied with the difficulty, while every post that ties the HP increase with giving people more time to get a hit in agrees with it. so I'm kinda confused what is the decision based from.

Most importantly LETHAL STRIKES IS BUGGED.
I doubt Lethal Strike is the main issue here, because it only increase single target damage and from what I see the tank usually not the one that dies, but some other player got whooped by the AoE.

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
snip

I doubt Lethal Strike is the main issue here, because it only increase single target damage and from what I see the tank usually not the one that dies, but some other player got whooped by the AoE.
I may be completely mistaken, but I think that may be the bug - it is boosting AoE.

If I am mistaken, Devs please remove this post, or tell me and I will.

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
I could not see what was causing my hp and mana to suddenly drain out, I could watch it happen but no tab showed up to show me what feat was doing it. I had to keep chugging hp and mana and doing the phoenix strike but was always behind and died many times. I just did the ladder yesterday without healers and didn't die. Not sure what happened.

Reactions: Catori
  • Likex1

Ildranach

Squirrel
Platform
Android, PC
I may be completely mistaken, but I think that may be the bug - it is boosting AoE.

If I am mistaken, Devs please remove this post, or tell me and I will.
Lethal strikes is currently both boosting AoE and also not being capped at 10 stacks like it was intending to be. That's the bug and that's why we have the unfortunate number of surprise deaths.

Lucas Crowalker

Great Adventurer
Characters
Lucas Crowalker, Lucas Dragonheart, Lucas Pheonixfire
Platform
iOS, PC
I'm glad I stayed up and experienced this before you'll probably nerf them again. It was so refreshing to not be stuck in a role of how to play. I liked being useful up close - instead of feeling like I'm in the way of tanks and healers who do a better job, and having to leave the tanking to the "real" tanks. I was a useful tank again, even as a shadow priest, like I was more than 4 years ago when I started playing and the difficulty of the game was much higher than these days.
I know what u mean when u say U felt lime u were in the way of the “real tanks”! I feel that way too a lot, but then I look at Da age Dealt and see that I am 4th even tho I am level 49 and I feel like I did a really good job.

Morgainne

Citizen
Platform
PC
It took over 35 min to do the ladder today and there were strong players in the group, no fun at all, please change back to the way is was.

Reactions: Anthem
  • Likex1

Retrac

Legendary Hero
Platform
iOS
The changes made, especially to the ladder, have not made the event more fun or more challenging. It’s just mad the event take longer and more boring. Not to mention a resource sink. The waste of resources is the main reason why most people aren’t playing the raids and the ladder event now has that same feeling. I’m disappointed.

Reactions: Anthem
  • Likex1

Boyfriend

Adventurer
Characters
Boyfriend
Platform
PC
I did literally falling asleep while we did ladder this morning ... this takes way too long especially last 2 bosses ... and please can you make respawn of regular bounties in zone like 30 seconds or less ? it's extremely annoying waiting there for minutes at every boss because ppl keep killing them non-stop so they are never up when you come at point ...