Sarah Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Hello, Everyone,

Next week, we will be pushing a small fix-it patch to live. We've had repeated requests to make the Vale more challenging, and we're thinking of putting the following changes into the Test build today or tomorrow.

We would like to hear your thoughts on this first. We are considering making the following changes:

• 3 x more hit points for Prisma
  • 2 x more hit points for Ladder bosses
  • Random Affixes on all bosses in event zone

Please let us know what you think, thank you!

Sultan

Hero
Characters
Faisalkhan, Sultan, 3 More!
Platform
Android
More tears the better :)
Totally Agree

+ it is good time for me to report the Listed Bugs I have in Game

The Bug report UI in Mobile is Annoying. Ik where I'm gonna report it.

Crystalized

Citizen
Platform
PC
This doesn't make it more difficult, it makes the fights last longer. That is not difficulty. Just make it more boring, faster. Probably wouldn't even be willing to pop in to help with the ladder when these changes are made, it takes long enough when I already have multiple zones to grind through daily for medallions to continue to progress. Just my own personal opinion. I'll probably opt out of it more at this point.

Reactions: Chopst1xx and Concinus
  • Likex2

Squonk

Warrior
Platform
Android, PC
I've already decided to aim for a lower reward with the tears as I don't have 35+ days of non-stop grinding to dedicate to it.
If everything is going to take 2-3 times longer to kill for no additional rewards I'm glad I decided to not aim for the mounts!
I'll be grabbing the boar and leaving the Vale :p

Aiole

Master Crafter
Platform
PC
As others have said this doesn't necessarily make the fights more challenging but instead more time-consuming. I would personally recommend increasing the damage or attack speed of the vale bosses instead of their health.

Lamorack

Great Adventurer
Platform
iOS
Hello, Everyone,

Next week, we will be pushing a small fix-it patch to live. We've had repeated requests to make the Vale more challenging, and we're thinking of putting the following changes into the Test build today or tomorrow.

We would like to hear your thoughts on this first. We are considering making the following changes:

• 3 x more hit points for Prisma
  • 2 x more hit points for Ladder bosses
  • Random Affixes on all bosses in event zone

Please let us know what you think, thank you!
Completely unnecessary and counterproductive. Tough for newer toons. Vale is a grind as it is and these changes just make it more so. If you want challenge go do raids. Thus will deter not enhance.

Raelin

Lumineer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Raelin, Shandri Blaze, Kayle Fyrefly
Platform
iOS, Android
I’ll be honest, this doesn’t excite me at all. Now if you were to increase the rewards from ladder and prisma, maybe I would be ok with this. Just my honest opinion. *shrugs* I already find the vale time-consuming. I don’t really want to spend all day in there (I already am working it on 2 toons) and can see the involvement really dropping off if things get too difficult. For 95 players? Sure it’s a breeze to go through. But for lower levels, there is already a lot of deaths in the ladder and I don’t think they should be punished because the 95 players are bored.

Concinus

Grand Priestess
Characters
Tindra Silvertass
Platform
Steam
Last edited
This doesn't make it more difficult, it makes the fights last longer. That is not difficulty. Just make it more boring, faster. Probably wouldn't even be willing to pop in to help with the ladder when these changes are made, it takes long enough when I already have multiple zones to grind through daily for medallions to continue to progress. Just my own personal opinion. I'll probably opt out of it more at this point.
I would have to agree. Right now I can just stand at a distance and spam a button to get through. I want to be forced to move about or do something. The bosses need to demand action on the player's part. Sure it is good if newbies have some safe place to stand so they can make it through, but does it have to be boring?
Think along the lines of Grinchta - which is a great boss. Aren't there other ways than lights that can make us move or do something different?
Maybe some of the bosses can be more immune to certain spells so you need to pick spells or curses that work?
I would like ladder to be less easy to coast through if you don't engage in the fight in accordance with some circumstances. E.g. Umbra has a swamp. Why not have us avoid something in the environment? Or, maybe one of her spells is to spawn mob level frogs in the water?

KatieElf Queen

Arch Wizard
Characters
Katie4567,MysticElf,EarthQueen
Platform
iOS
I’ll be honest, this doesn’t excite me at all. Now if you were to increase the rewards from ladder and prisma, maybe I would be ok with this. Just my honest opinion. *shrugs* I already find the vale time-consuming. I don’t really want to spend all day in there (I already am working it on 2 toons) and can see the involvement really dropping off if things get too difficult. For 95 players? Sure it’s a breeze to go through. But for lower levels, there is already a lot of deaths in the ladder and I don’t think they should be punished because the 95 players are bored.
I’m a lvl 95 fire wiz I am bored!

Reactions: Iseabail
  • Likex1

Halleebell

Squirrel
Characters
Hallee/Freyra
Platform
iOS, PC
No, not unless the reward was more as well. Literally an hour ago I had a player who was around Lvl 45 following me So they could get the bosses. Mind you I went in odd directions cause I had random bosses all over the map that I needed to finish for the day. Which told me the hunter was having a hard time and was dying before they received credit. So I don’t see this being a good change except for 95 players.

Airy

Most people that want Vale more challenging are from US3. On this server you have so many 95 players, that you will always have enough people around to help.
On less populated servers it is already very hard to get enough good players together to do the ladder each day if you are not playing on prime time. Especially later on when all the good players have everything they wanted from the eventzone and don't take part anymore. For an average player that has normal gear, the difficulty is just fine right now.