Ivar Hill

Mad Otter Games
Developer
I would like to remind everyone to please keep things on-topic and civil. And to clear up a few things:

Voting has always meant the one with the most votes is the winner.
This is simply categorically false. Even beyond V&H, voting historically has come in many forms with many methods of choosing a winner (or multiple winners, or none). Yes, sometimes things are as simple as a straightforward majority vote, but this is not always the case and absolutely not the dictionary definition of the term. I feel petty pointing this out but please refrain from commenting on someone's English knowledge if unfamiliar yourself with the basic concept.

Furthermore, the original thread was specifically worded as a way to get the impression of what the community likes overall and not a strict decision factor, and it also bears pointing out that we have done multiple polls in this fashion and for this reason before.

Obviously in these cases where there are many different directions to go, regardless of what we end up with there will always be subjective preferences and there will always be people who would prefer something else. This would have been the case regardless of how we choose to factor in public polls, so this isn't really relevant. To repeat what we have already said, at the end of the day the plan is to implement many of these designs, and at this point the question is more of when and in what order.

On a final note, to repeat what I said in the beginning of this post - while there is always room for subjective disagreement, we do expect things to be kind, civil, and on-topic. Anything not fitting these criteria will, as always, be addressed appropriately. Please keep things constructive and respectful!

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
Sparkling Garb of the Estuarine doesn't fully match Twilight Vale vibes. Torrential Royalty (or Hood of Scales) is the better choice for upcoming event (y)
I liked the hood of scales one too! although tbh initially I kinda missed that they were scales and thought they were leaves which makes them PERFECT for vale. She probably has time for a secondary outfit, right? right? ^^
I think the estuarine has an equinox vibe. I hope it comes back there

Reactions: Halleebell
  • Likex1

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
The original post was simply asking the membership which outfit they liked best! It was never said or implied that one singular outfit that got the most votes in the poll would win or be used.
The responses to the outfits was really awesome and possibly will make an appearance at some point because how could such wonderful work go unused?
Thank you for taking time to respond to the poll, but as always the final decision is up to Mad Otter. :)

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Personally, as a player... I want to thank Michelle for all the hard work she put into making these new outfits.

After watching the video's of Ivar making an outfit I realized how much goes into the design of a animated outfit! I look forward to your designs being there for us to win and/or buy! Thank you!!!

Stephen Huszar

Adventurer
Platform
Android
On a positive note, if you wont add different color variations for this outfit, i can save up currency for anything else and skip outfit this year, especially when the prices will be extremely high just like in sugarsweet event.

XMerlindaX

Wizard
Royal Guardian
Platform
PC
I think that this outfit fits perfectly to the Twilight Vale event, also the color is perfectly coordinated with it.
Kudos to Michelle for this :)

Reactions: Sumi and Mutsie
  • Likex2

Got No Pupil

Reader
Platform
iOS
I had thought voting for two outfits would've resulted in the release of 2 new outfits. Oh well! Atleast one of them is being released.

Platform
PC
Have to say... Michelle did an amazing job. After reading this thread (and, obviously the other), it appears that the negativity is not toward the outfits themselves - and players 'fighting' over the 'best' COULD be taken as a compliment. Here's hoping the negativity dies down and our player base is able to appreciate all the hard work that was done to make several amazing outfits :D

Kudos, once again, to the Otters!! :D

Marcus Fury

Master Gatherer
Platform
Android
The original post title said vote for the new twilight outfit here.

In said post it says:

‘Please reference the images below and vote in the poll on which one you like the most! I look forward to seeing what you choose!

I think people really thought there was a vote for something they were choosing.

Personally I don’t care but I think just if votes are being cast and the title is suggesting to vote, could be more important to word it correctly that it wasn’t meant for a vote to choose an outfit for an event but some ideas to possibly choose.

Might as well have them all tbh and it’s a win win.

Xantia

Arch Wizard
Characters
Xantia, Battle Bunny, Airoe, Sinzin, Erthena
Platform
Android, PC
I thought outfit #2 won the poll and would be the new outfit. I was disappointed to find out the poll was just to collect feedback and the Otters went with their choice, instead of ours. 😕

I appreciate the opportunity to see new fashion and choose my favorites... but in future, I think they should word their feedback polls more carefully. 🙂

inkpenguin

DEAR OTTERS,
Could you also add this outfit to the upcoming Twilight Vale event or even in the crown shop, you already have it made and it would definitely go well with the event.Screenshot_20220514-054927_Villagers and Heroes MMO.jpg

inkpenguin

From i remember these outfits are at vendor in zone every year in 5 or 6 different colors
I don't remember ever seeing this one to tell you the truth, for the past 2 vales, but maybe I just missed it is all.

Characters
Raphael Lenglet
Platform
PC
Last edited
I don't remember ever seeing this one to tell you the truth, for the past 2 vales, but maybe I just missed it is all.
These outfits were introduced to game in 2016 iirc and they are quite old ... been at vendor for sure in past years and even the 5 npcs that gives you quests for killin 250 fairies each wear them

Reactions: Zazie
  • Likex1