Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
Last edited
The Tournament of Champions is back!

The Tournament of Champions is a deadly competition which takes place within the Season 3 Raid Tower!
Teams will compete for points as they pit themselves against mighty foes, strategize around complex mechanics and collaborate with one another for resources and training.
Our main goal is to foster friendly competition across US3 as teams strive to reach a common goal.
All types of players are encouraged to join this contest, so please do not miss out on the opportunity!
If you wish to take a trip through memory lane or look back at the previous tournament, check it out
here.

Rules & Requirements
In order to participate in this contest, players must have a minimum combat level of 20 and have access to the necessary Raids in the tower prior to each round. Players do not need to have gold tier unlocked.

We expect all participants to adhere to the following rules:
  • Do not attempt to interfere with or sabotage another team's Raid
  • Players who exhibit bad sportsmanship to their teammates or other teams may be disqualified and barred from future events
  • No "cheater" potions are allowed (this includes Darrig potions such as Rage and Bulwark as well as Raid potions)
  • Finalized teams cannot be changed and backups cannot fill-in without approval by the event coordinator

Teams
This Tournament will consist of blended teams of 8 - 14 players (depending on how many sign up).
  • Players can either sign up for this Tournament as an individual or as a party.
  • Parties can sign up with a maximum of 6 members.
  • The remaining slots on the team will be filled by the event coordinator to ensure that solo players and smaller teams are all included.
Each team will be given at least one high level Tank & Healer role and balanced based on level to the best degree possible.

Rounds
Teams will compete for points across all 6 raids throughout 3 separate rounds. Each Round is comprised of 2 raid runs. Raids will be run in Gold Tier difficulty.
  • Round I
    • Gold Bandicott Woods
    • Gold Flooded Cloister
  • Round II
    • Gold Bellamere Palace
    • Gold Mulgrew Swamp
  • Round III
    • Gold Chanteuse's Rookery
    • Gold Orla's Veldt

Process
The process of the contest is fairly simple.
  • Players or Teams register for the event at particular timeslots
  • Finalized Teams are announced and posted publicly once the registration period ends
  • Teams meet in Ardent Castle at their designated raid time (10 minutes in advance is preferable)
    • If multiple teams are running at the same timeslot, their runs will take place one after the other
  • Teams will create their first Raid and the event coordinator will also join to monitor progress and tally points
  • Teams will create their second Raid and the event coordinator will also join to monitor progress and tally points

Schedule
Below is the schedule for the entire Tournament, which lasts until 08/09
07/09 - 07/1807/1907/23 - 07/2507/30 - 08/0108/06 - 08/0808/09
Registration window​
Teams announced​
Round 1​
Round II​
Round III​
Winners announced​

Time Slots
Due to the quantity of teams we will be expecting, and the goal to cater to an audience across all time-zones, there will be multiple time slots for individuals or teams to sign-up in. Please only sign up for a single time-slot per Round! If changes are needed, contact the event coordinator in advance.
For example, a participant may sign up in the following manner:
  • Round I: Timeslot 3
  • Round II: Timeslot 1
  • Round III: Timeslot 4
TimeslotRound IRound IIRound III
Friday 07/23 - 3:00 pm eastern
Friday 07/30 - 3:00 pm eastern
Friday 08/06 - 3:00 pm eastern
Friday 07/23 - 8:30 pm eastern
Friday 07/30 - 8:30 pm eastern
Friday 08/06 - 8:30 pm eastern
Saturday 07/24 - 10:00 am eastern
Saturday 07/31 - 10:00 am eastern
Saturday 08/07 - 10:00 am eastern
Saturday 07/24 - 8:30 pm eastern
Saturday 07/31 - 8:30 pm eastern
Saturday 08/07 - 8:30 pm eastern
Sunday 07/25 - 10:00 am eastern
Sunday 08/01 - 10:00 am eastern
Sunday 08/08 - 10:00 am eastern
Sunday 07/25 - 6:30 pm eastern
Sunday 08/01 - 6:30 pm eastern
Sunday 08/08 - 6:30 pm eastern

Registration
Players can register as an individual or as a team through either of the following three methods:
  • Message KAVE on the V&H forums
  • Message KAVE#6394 on Discord
  • Mail Valyant on US3 server
Please include the following information when registering (if you are registering with a team, one person in the team can register for the rest!)
  • Your combat level
  • Your role (tank, healer or DPS)
  • Your Team-mates (if applicable)
  • Your desired Timeslot for Rounds I, II and III
You will receive a follow up message indicating whether your registration was successful or whether you had missing information.

Points are awarded to teams in the following manner: (this list is subject to change / update as needed)
  • Completion Time: (+1 point for every 10 seconds remaining in the raid timer on completion)
  • Bounties: (+10 points for every bounty / boss defeated)
  • Deaths: (-5 points for every death)
  • Cohesiveness: (+10 points if every team member is in range of the final boss kill)
  • Bonus: (players can earn bonus points for completing raid specific tasks)
    • Bandicott Woods: (+10 points for each destructible tree destroyed)
    • Flooded Cloister: (+10 points for every bounty defeated with the Templar, Lightning Shield or Plague affix)
    • Bellamere Palace: (+5 points for every beer cask destroyed)
    • Mulgrew Swamp: (no bonus points available for this raid)
    • Chanteuse's Rookery: (coming soon)
    • Orla's Veldt: (coming soon)

Prizes
ALL members of the winning team will receive the following prizes:
  • 1 Vault
  • 1 Ducat Satchel (200 Ducats)
  • 50 Crowns
All participants in this event will receive the following prizes:
  • 1 Ducat Pouch (50 Ducats)
  • 3 Sockets

FAQ
How serious is this?
This event is for fun, not to be taken too seriously.

Do you have to be high level / well geared to participate?
So long as you meet the requirements listed above, you are able to enter. Players of all caliber are encouraged to join! Please, do not let your level nor gear dissuade you.

Is signing up a commitment? What if I have to cancel?
While we do expect participants to try to arrive in time for their run, we understand that pressing concerns may draw them elsewhere. If you need to cancel please inform your team and the event coordinator in advance if possible.

Can I sign up with multiple characters?
Only one character per person is allowed entry.

Can I show up impromptu?
Yes, you can. Although this will not guarantee you a slot on the team, if a member of the team fails to arrive, players from the crowd may be selected to fill in.

Team Bulletin

The teams for the Tournament of Champions are listed below!

Unfortunately there were not enough players in timeslot 4 to form a full team. I am going to discuss with those players and see whether they have the availability to move to another timeslot.

Additionally, there are 3 teams in timeslot 3 which may extend the duration of that slot for too long. So if any team in timeslot 3 wants to move to 8:30pm on Friday or Sunday instead, please let me know. I'll reach out to each team on timeslot 3 over the week and check on that.
Team 1Team 2Team 3Team 4Team 5Team 6
TheDutchessFlamechildSplash BlackZepharicCeresEmeraldae
DyzzyBluDemonRed PrincessAioleEmmyyStarfoxnez
King SofieneUnskilledGamerLoxanaEphelSliverzCloudlight
Ellard XeniaQuietWarriorViola TrinityChooeyMinatottJulian2
EasilyAmusedBalikSellenaWanderleeJytalAmaranth1ne
PuckMystteriousLambo APJtoak84Fayth InmarFeyrie
BreakerBorisDevastatiaKatniss EverdeenEleonaraKatie4567Marmoset
TedrowPokme
Sailiz

Itinerary

View the scheduel for all 3 rounds and which groups are running on which days. It is highly recommended to seek out an emptier timeslot to avoid long wait times prior to your run. If multiple teams have the same timeslot, then runs will occur back to back which may stretch on for a prolonged period of time.

Round I
TimeslotTeamTeamTeam
Friday 07/23 - 3:00 pm eastern
Team 1
-​
-​
Friday 07/23 - 8:30 pm eastern
-​
-​
-
Saturday 07/24 - 10:00 am eastern
Team 2
Team 3
Saturday 07/24 - 8:30 pm eastern
Team 4
Team 5
Team 6
Sunday 07/25 - 10:00 am eastern
-​
-​
-​
Sunday 07/25 - 6:30 pm eastern
-​
-​
-​
Round II
TimeslotTeamTeamTeam
Friday 07/30 - 3:00 pm eastern
-
-​
-​
Friday 07/30 - 8:30 pm eastern
-​
-​
-​
Saturday 07/31 - 10:00 am eastern
Team 1
Team 2
Team 3
Saturday 07/31 - 8:30 pm eastern
Team 4
Team 5
Team 6
Sunday 08/01 - 10:00 am eastern
-​
-​
-​
Sunday 08/01 - 6:30 pm eastern
-​
-​
-​
Round III
TimeslotTeamTeamTeam
Friday 08/06 - 3:00 pm eastern
Team 1
-​
-​
Friday 08/06 - 8:30 pm eastern
-​
-​
-​
Saturday 08/07 - 10:00 am eastern
Team 2
Team 3
-​
Saturday 08/07 - 8:30 pm eastern
Team 4
Team 5
Team 6
Sunday 08/08 - 10:00 am eastern
-​
-​
-​
Sunday 08/08 - 6:30 pm eastern
-​
-​
-​

Results

Results will be posted here over the course of the Tournament. Final results will be posted on 08/09

Maximum Objective Points for Bandicott Woods: 280

Village:
50 points
  • 3 Vicious Spiders - 30 points
  • 2 trees - 20 points
Whispering Woods: 10 points
  • Terrant - 10 points
Lover's Grove: 80 points
  • Apple- 10 points
  • Woad - 10 points
  • Oadebe - 10 points
  • 5 trees - 50 points
Able's Rock: 10 points
  • Eucolypt - 10 points
Bandicott Falls: 30 points
  • Woodfred - 10 points
  • 2 mini Woodfred - 20 points
Darkwoods: 80 points
  • 8 trees - 80 points
Lost Alcove: 20 points
  • Zitiki: 10 points
  • cohesiveness bonus: 10 points
Flooded Cloister had some RNG based bonuses from randomized Affixes, so it would be impractical to calculate the theoretical maximum Objective Points for this raid.
TeamBandicott WoodsFlooded CloisterBellamere PalaceMulgrew SwampChanteuse's RookeryOrla's VeldtTotal Score
Objectives: +270
Time: +129
Total: 399
Time: +118
Total: 388
Objectives: +250
Time: +117
Total: 367
Objectives: +250
Time: +90
Total: 340
Objectives: +205
Time: +79
Total: 284
Objectives: +135
Time: +29
Total: 164
Objectives: +240
Time: +129
Total: 369
Objectives: +230
Time: +102
Total: 332
Time: +131
Total: 401
Objectives: +265
Time: +102
Total: 367
Objectives: +260
Time: +111
Total: 371
Time: +81
Total: 351

Rachielle

Hunter
Platform
iOS
I'm confused why you say that the participants don't need to have gold unlocked, but all of the rounds will be played at the gold level.

KAVE

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
I'm confused why you say that the participants don't need to have gold unlocked, but all of the rounds will be played at the gold level.
So long as the player has a raid unlocked, they can join any tier of that raid. So if a participant only has up to silver in Bandicott Woods for example, they can still join another player's gold or even heroic Bandicott Woods. If an entire team doesn't have a single player who can create the Gold raid for their group (this would be very rare if not impossible), then I can just make it for them.

Reactions: Zaphyra
  • Likex1

Rachielle

Hunter
Platform
iOS
Okay, thanks for explaining. That's just an aspect of raids in general that hadn't yet occurred to me. LOL!

sirbabbo

Warrior
Platform
iOS
I have a couple of questions

1) for rook, how would we be able to do this, with the bug of the candles? Right now that hasn’t been addressed, would we just do another area if not fixed?

2) lag - been experiencing a lot of lag when two open raids are simultaneously going on and that affects the raid performance. (Sent bug reports) Also had issues where I’m not in a raid, just picking random garden stuff, and lag is still unfolding. Would it be easier to announce to everyone in the game to not raid at these times to help?

Thanks

KAVE

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
I have a couple of questions

1) for rook, how would we be able to do this, with the bug of the candles? Right now that hasn’t been addressed, would we just do another area if not fixed?
The Rookery Raids are in Round III and will take place in August. If the candle bug is not fixed by then, another Raid will be selected.

2) lag - been experiencing a lot of lag when two open raids are simultaneously going on and that affects the raid performance. (Sent bug reports) Also had issues where I’m not in a raid, just picking random garden stuff, and lag is still unfolding. Would it be easier to announce to everyone in the game to not raid at these times to help?
Lag is unfortunately something that teams will have to account for and work around.

KAVE

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
Last edited
Teams have been posted!

Remember, if multiple teams are in the same timeslot they will simply run one after the other.

The itenerary will be updated soon.

Team Bulletin

The teams for the Tournament of Champions are listed below!

Unfortunately there were not enough players in timeslot 4 to form a full team. I am going to discuss with those players and see whether they have the availability to move to another timeslot.

Additionally, there are 3 teams in timeslot 3 which may extend the duration of that slot for too long. So if any team in timeslot 3 wants to move to 8:30pm on Friday or Sunday instead, please let me know. I'll reach out to each team on timeslot 3 over the week and check on that.
Timeslot 1
Team 1
Timeslot 2
Team 2
Timeslot 2
Team 3
Timeslot 3
Team 4
Timeslot 3
Team 5
Timeslot 3
Team 6
TheDutchessFlamechildSplash BlackZepharicCeresEmeraldae
DyzzyBluDemonRed PrincessAioleEmmyyStarfoxnez
King SofieneUnskilledGamerLoxanaEphelSliverzLance the Great
Ellard XeniaQuietWarriorViola TrinityChooeyMinatottJulian2
EasilyAmusedBalikSellenaWanderleeJytalAmaranth1ne
PuckMystteriousLambo APJtoak84Fayth InmarFeyrie
BreakerBorisDevastatiaKatniss EverdeenEleonaraKatie4567Marmoset
PhredLarenaSailizCloudlight
Pokme

Itinerary

The itinerary will be posted after I discuss with players on timeslot 3 and 4 regarding their timings.

Aiole

Master Crafter
Platform
iOS, PC
Last edited
Cohesiveness: (+3 points for every team member in range of the final boss kill)
Quick question about this rule will the teams total size be taken into account? (Maybe say 7/8 members * X points or something) since I see some smaller teams and it feels like any team with even just 1 less player will get 3 less points. Maybe this is less of an issue than I think it is so if anyone wants to chime in feel free to :)

KAVE

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
Quick question about this rule will the teams total size be taken into account? (Maybe say 7/8 members * X points or something) since I see some smaller teams and it feels like any team with even just 1 less player will get 3 less points. Maybe this is less of an issue than I think it is so if anyone wants to chime in feel free to :)
Good point. I have updated it to the following: +10 points if every team member is in range of the final boss kill

Reactions: Aiole and Zaphyra
  • Likex2
Characters
King Sofiène (Hybrid hunter) King Sofiene 2 (Fury warrior) US3
Platform
PC
Good point. I have updated it to the following: +10 points if every team member is in range of the final boss kill
Doesn't this mean that teams with higher number of players get more points than the smaller teams ? a 7 player team would get 70 points for final boss while a 9 player team gets 90 points. I think this rule should turn to -10 points for each missing team member instead of +10 for each present team member , this should be fairer.
Having teams with different number of players is an issue also. All teams should have equal number of players, This should fix the way you count points for final boss. In addition, A 9 player team's healer would be more overwhelmed than a 7 player team. Also, having 6 players + 1 healer means less dps than a team with 8 players + 1 healer even though the raid scales to the total number of players. The healer wont be doing any dps having 8 players cover for it is way better than 6 players only.
In case there are not enough players registered and available to make all teams have equal number of players. I suggest letting each team recruit more players to get all teams with equal number of players. ( Those players should be available for all timeslots picked by that team so you don't have to juggle teams after each round which could makes a mess when it comes to giving prizes to the winning team members)

KAVE

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
Doesn't this mean that teams with higher number of players get more points than the smaller teams ? a 7 player team would get 70 points for final boss while a 9 player team gets 90 points. I think this rule should turn to -10 points for each missing team member instead of +10 for each present team member , this should be fairer.
Having teams with different number of players is an issue also. All teams should have equal number of players, This should fix the way you count points for final boss. In addition, A 9 player team's healer would be more overwhelmed than a 7 player team. Also, having 6 players + 1 healer means less dps than a team with 8 players + 1 healer even though the raid scales to the total number of players. The healer wont be doing any dps having 8 players cover for it is way better than 6 players only.
In case there are not enough players registered and available to make all teams have equal number of players. I suggest letting each team recruit more players to get all teams with equal number of players. ( Those players should be available for all timeslots picked by that team so you don't have to juggle teams after each round which could makes a mess when it comes to giving prizes to the winning team members)
It is a flat +10 points if every member is present when the final boss dies. Either the team has all members present and earns it, or they are missing some members and do not.

As for recruiting more players to the team, that would result in large private teams when the goal was to limit private team sizes to 6 and pair them with other groups or solo participants. Part of the challenge is learning to work with other players from across the server. If private teams were able to recruit additional members who they are already familiar with, it could be seen as an unfair advantage over other teams.

marmoset

Reader
Platform
PC
A few questions here too :)

What if a team member disconnects from game during the raid run, will we get a rerun? Or we just have to continue on without the team member? If the latter, how will it be for the qualification of cohesiveness points?

Also, does doing the /die for a purpose count towards death penalty points?

KAVE

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
A few questions here too :)

What if a team member disconnects from game during the raid run, will we get a rerun? Or we just have to continue on without the team member? If the latter, how will it be for the qualification of cohesiveness points?
Because multiple teams will be running back to back, for the sake of time, teams will have to continue on without their missing member. It will not count against them for the cohesiveness bonus points.

Also, does doing the /die for a purpose count towards death penalty points?
I've not thought of this... I feel it would be too complicated to keep track of which deaths were purposeful and could lead to disagreements, so all deaths will result in a penalty, even if they are through the /die command.

KAVE

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
Bonus points for Palace have been posted! There are no bonus points available for Swamps.. but keep in mind that teams will still earn +10 for each bounty / boss defeated.
  • Bellamere Palace: (+5 points for every beer cask destroyed)

KAVE

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
I've added 2 new timeslots for the tournament!

Hopefully that will reduce the wait times by allowing teams to spread out a bit more.
  • Fridays at 8:30pm
  • Sundays at 10am
Get with your teams and if everyone is alright with moving to another timeslot, let me know.

Also, the itinerary for all 3 rounds has been edited into the main post so you can see which other slots are empty or full.

KAVE

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
Round 1 results have now been edited into the bottom of the main post.

See you all next week for Round II. Please look at the itinerary (also in the main post) and check timeslot availability.