dustbunny

Squirrel
Platform
iOS, PC
Last edited
OMG LOL, Mayhem is right LOL. Looks like lots showed up and should be a fun event. I could not find the colored beacons because everyone was crowded around them. I am a US1 player but using a us3 toon I've had for a while. So, should I have been in the US1 group or US2 group? :p Got confused and left LOL. Tried running around and through all the groups and still missed the mods and beacons a few times. Sure hope you all have fun.
ETA: Thanks for all the hard work event team and Sarah. These are not easy to coordinate but you all do a great job.
ETA: Maybe, just a thought, have the group leaders on different colored dragons/mounts so they are easier to see above everyone else. Yes, this will only work if everyone else dismounts LOL.

Meilluere

Huntress
Characters
Meilluere
Platform
Android
Well, that's a shame. Not that I am the right person to say it since the time is too late in Asia so couldn't join the fun. But hey hope there will be another community event like this again in some time. Enjoy everyone for those who couldn't join in (。•̀ᴗ-)✧

Neia

Warrior
Royal Guardian
Characters
Neia, Enia, Enai, Inae, Aien
Platform
PC
If this wasn't to make a few advertisings...

Between the zone being full even after its size was increased, the incredible lag that made a lot of us FREEZE, and EC members that wanted us to dodge stinky eggs while we were running... this part of the event was just unplayable.
We have players who left because of that.

...this is definitely the WORST event I was part of. I know it's about causing mayhem, but the server cannot handle that amount of players on one zone. And it was also unfair for those who were stuck in the second instance.
I won't release what I recorded, it will hurt Villagers&Heroes' reputation.

Please, don't make that kind of event again. Unless you want to promote lag.

Characters
Joycelynn, Kaylann
Platform
iOS, PC
Unfortunately I had to leave. I was there before the time of event and noticed that after 15 minutes the event hadn’t started (so I thought). I went to discord chat to ask was told it was happening in hop 1. Had no idea it was instanced. Once I finally was in the instanced the games were on and I had no idea what was going on plus my game started to glitch. So I left.
I was really looking forward to this event but in the end couldn’t be part of it.

KatieElf Queen

Arch Wizard
Characters
Katie4567,MysticElf,EarthQueen
Platform
iOS
Not happy. Devs started early didn’t wait till 2 pm est started earlier and ended at 2 pm est!

Zaphyra

Master Villager
Characters
Retired
Platform
Android, PC
I was happy to be a part of today's event, but the lag was really terrible. If you're planning any future cross-server events, please upgrade our servers. There was also a race to find one of the mods, which was really unfair to those visiting from other servers, who didn't have their premium mounts... next time, maybe ask everyone to dismount (and not use Golden Speed) for racing events. 🤔

Other than that, it was fun... tyvm! 😊👍

Reactions: Sarah05
  • Likex1

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Ok, just a little reminder - events might not always go perfectly to plan, but a lot of time and effort went in to settting them up. EC members and especially Sarah give up a lot of time for these events - all "off the clock" so to speak.

Maybe keep in mind it's all done just so players can have a bit of fun, and tone down a little on the criticism.

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Players from all servers are invited to attend the May Day Mayhem Event! Help the Otters create fantastic video footage of our game in a fun-filled server vs server competition and celebration! Games, prizes, and of course mayhem await!
Thank you again for the fun Sarah Otter! I know that you spend a whole lot of time organizing and prepping for these events!! I appreciate all your efforts and the efforts by the Event Committee!
I had a lot of fun running around and seeing everyone! It certainly looked like everyone was having tons of fun!

Felina

Adventurer
It was so much fun seeing my friends from other servers on US3 and great to see so many people there for the mayhem. I took the opportunity to accompany my mayhem visit with a glass of wine. Just the ticket! Thanks for a great party 😁

Jacinta

Citizen
Platform
PC
Ok, just a little reminder - events might not always go perfectly to plan, but a lot of time and effort went in to settting them up. EC members and especially Sarah give up a lot of time for these events - all "off the clock" so to speak.

Maybe keep in mind it's all done just so players can have a bit of fun, and tone down a little on the criticism.
Please do not suggest to tone down, as this is considered taking our right of freedom of speech, unless it was violent, or disgusting language that warrants attention. They're are giving feed back that might be positive or negative experiences and that if something did go wrong, like lag in the event and outside the event, it is a mere consideration for future events that is constructive feedback. It is very much appreciated that an event was made from the good hearts of our developers and that us 3 was chosen and was a good success that some players have expressed

I did not go to the event, and had to log off the game due to the lag in other zones since I found it hard to do a bounty run, so I cannot imagine what it was like inside, so my game experience was hampered but overall happy to see great gifts in the game and much appreciated!

Sarah Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
If this wasn't to make a few advertisings...

Between the zone being full even after its size was increased, the incredible lag that made a lot of us FREEZE, and EC members that wanted us to dodge stinky eggs while we were running... this part of the event was just unplayable.
We have players who left because of that.

...this is definitely the WORST event I was part of. I know it's about causing mayhem, but the server cannot handle that amount of players on one zone. And it was also unfair for those who were stuck in the second instance.
I won't release what I recorded, it will hurt Villagers&Heroes' reputation.

Please, don't make that kind of event again. Unless you want to promote lag.

But on the bright side, the server didn't crash. Our little game was never designed or built to be able to hold 250+ players in a single zone, but it held today. So in our scrambling little indie dev game world, we call that a win!

I'm sorry you didn't have fun, and that you feel our reputation will be ruined by today's event. Some of us devs try hard to come up with activities to bring players together and just have a nice time. And even when people don't, they still get free stuff. So it's not all bad, right?

And we got some good video footage today. We know the lag was terrible, but I'm also tired of apologizing for it.

It's Saturday. Everyone, have a good weekend now, and thank you for coming out today!

:)

KAVE

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
Last edited
They told me I wouldn't amount to anything, but look at me now, featuring in an ad! Along with 300 other people, but I'm still in it!'

There I am, right there
1619913129626.png