Jurksch

Hunter
Characters
Jurksch, Murksch, TiffanyWeh,
Platform
Android, PC
But lower level players don't need it. Unless you're a core gamer, it already takes months to reach lvl 90. Isn't that enough?
month to get from lvl 89 to 90 or to become max level in general?

I wonder why people think (maybe not you) , its (too) long playing month or a year to get to lvl 90. Not shure if this is what you mean. Because what will all the players do, once reaching max, within lets say 6 month...leaving the game for another game because what else do they wanna do?

I dont understand why it should be "so fast" IMO. Leveling went up anyway, and I personally think its going to fast, rapid consuming of the game. But of course I know there has been a lot of frustration for maxed gamers, which I cannot talk about, didnt get further than lvl 74 in 3 years :))

Reactions: Airy and CaraLox
  • Likex2

Muhgi

Squirrel
Characters
Muhgi, Angus McFife XIII
Platform
Android
OK. I think I've exercised enough of the new patch now to comment.
I play on Android 9 on anMoto 7 Power. Some of these are Android specific and some aren't.

1. Pressing in chat text area doesn't always (sometimes rarely) bring up Android keyboard.

2. Patch notes said "immersion" was added--where the app takes up the full screen. But I cannot find a way to turn it off. I had the old version of the app setup so the three navigation buttons were always visible, but I can't get the new version to let me do that.

3. Bountiful (or plentiful, whichever is the correct term) nodes are disappointing and not a good trade off for the extra anti-bot stuff. When I gather, I'm gathering 12-36 stacks. The bountiful nodes give too few rewards/product and are too rare in some locations to make the exchange in annoyance equitable.

4. Having to switch nodes, and losing gathers from the node capacity when I have to stop in order to refresh buffs is not made up for by a bountiful node, that seems common in Forever Tree, a little rare in Lake Kiwa, but absent in Thriving Isles. Allowing us to use buffs while gathering (without having to stop) would help here.

5. Gathering gives fewer gems and other rewards than previously. My tools break much, much more often than before the patch. Not a good trade off again.

6. If you are keeping the code to prevent drops from bounties after the first time they are killed in a day, please turn off aggression for the bounties also. I was completing a quest in the Salty Caverns, and every time I had to pass certain bounties, they chased me, making me waste power killing them.

7. Was the aggression zone for bounties increased? In the ones above, it felt like their active zone was larger--I couldn't make it past them unnoticed.

8. Related to nodes. Most people seem to only gather a single stack and then stop. This means a lot of nodes will end up partially depleted at times--and in the slow refill mode.

9. Another benefit to allowing 2 elder kills with rewards a day, is for when a newer person gets the quests for a particular elder (I forget the name, a mid-level one) where you get one quest just to kill, and another to get its crown. A lot of players don't realize they'll get two quests. They get the first one (the kill quest) and recruit a higher level player to kill it. Then they get the second one 5 minutes later. And they're stuck until tomorrow? (At least pre-patch, the crown didn't drop if you didn't have the quest.)

10. I've seen complaints from someone who doesn't generally complain about the new cost for salvage kits. A lot of people with high level skills still do low level crafting--it's why we took crafting and specialization, to help others. The new cost of salvaging makes a big increase in crafting costs. This discourages regular players from helping each other--which is the opposite of what the game intends I believe.

Neia

Warrior
Royal Guardian
Characters
Neia, Enia, Enai, Inae, Aien
Platform
PC
month to get from lvl 89 to 90 or to become max level in general?

I wonder why people think (maybe not you) , its (too) long playing month or a year to get to lvl 90. Not shure if this is what you mean. Because what will all the players do, once reaching max, within lets say 6 month...leaving the game for another game because what else do they wanna do?

I dont understand why it should be "so fast" IMO. Leveling went up anyway, and I personally think its going to fast, rapid consuming of the game. But of course I know there has been a lot of frustration for maxed gamers, which I cannot talk about, didnt get further than lvl 74 in 3 years :))
I said monthS. It took 25 days to the winners of the The Surge of the Shaman Challenge!, which mean you can't do it faster than that (veteran players, full xp buff, team behind them, etc.).
It takes something like 4-5 months for a regular player without AS to be lvl 90, and much longer if you don't xp everyday. It's NOT fast.

By the way I didn't ask this for me. I'm HL and I think this loot rule works well with the 90+ quests - even if I don't like it.
I would also really like to stop seeing in the chat, players thinking their quest is bugged because they killed a bounty before getting the quest.

Even if we get a patch soon, it will only fix a few quests, not all those 89 and below.

Reactions: Baron Von Boom and Zazie
  • Likex2

Jurksch

Hunter
Characters
Jurksch, Murksch, TiffanyWeh,
Platform
Android, PC
I said monthS. It took 25 days to the winners of the The Surge of the Shaman Challenge!, which mean you can't do it faster than that (veteran players, full xp buff, team behind them, etc.).
It takes something like 4-5 months for a regular player without AS to be lvl 90, and much longer if you don't xp everyday. It's NOT fast.

By the way I didn't ask this for me. I'm HL and I think this loot rule works well with the 90+ quests - even if I don't like it.
I would also really like to stop seeing in the chat, players thinking their quest is bugged because they killed a bounty before getting the quest.

Even if we get a patch soon, it will only fix a few quests, not all those 89 and below.
thankS for you reply, and yes, my englisch is broken =german player trying not to use google translater
4-5 months to regular get maxed....well, I guess its a matter of personal opinion, what is fast and what not. I just find it excessiv fast. But thats me.
anyway, speed and fast leveling wasnt the topic of this thread so I leave it like that

Garrott Jaxx

Warrior
Platform
iOS
You do not get banned for clicking on an empty node. You do get kicked for an hour if you click on a node 5 times, get dc'd to char select, log back in, click on the same empty node a further five times, sent back to char select and keep doing that. The reason being to combat botting.

There do seem to be some gremlins at work though, and it isn't working exactly as planned at the moment, it appears.

Once the initial bugs and gremlins have been expelled, it shouldn't be that big an issue for active players. Simply move nodes every ten or fifteen minutes and you should be fine. Personally, I gather with the sound on, and that makes it easy to tell when the node has become exhausted even if I miss the red text. I have gathered several thousand fish and ore since the update, and yes, it is less convenient than it was, but it is not a huge restriction on gathering, just a bit of a pain in the proverbial.

As always, we will adapt.
Ok cool thx for clarifying that for me.
and as I have been gathering it’s not that big of deal as expected.
But one thing I have noticed is the repair globals are barley dropping anymore.
I have purchased the gathering package and was once not worried about them breaking cause the chance of breaking wasn’t there.
but now I have to stop and go to village repair then go back to gathering.
That was to be expected with the regular tools but shouldn’t for the cost of real money for these items be unbreakable?
Thx for a wonderful game but just voicing some concerns

Reactions: Ziva
  • Likex1

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
The reduction in repair globules was unintentional, and will hopefully be restored to previous levels soon, which should address the issue of tools breaking so often.

Reactions: Zazie and Garrott Jaxx
  • Likex2