Aurius

Priest
Platform
Android
"Made the male character model's feet slightly smaller. " .... I just hope after this, the male charater will not get look as ridiculous as female characters after aearth and sea update
Hahahaha. Yeah, I am one of the ones who hate how tiny the female hands and feet look now. I even deleted a female alt because it was bugging me so much.

Reactions: Myst and Kaydee
  • Likex2

IoOvOo

Wizard
Characters
loOvOo
Platform
Android, PC
Last edited
@Dawnfire So... like this:
I am in The Thriving Isles.
I need 75000 (or whatever, a *lot of*) gathers. It doesn't really matter what they are, because they are currency with a merchant, and high and low level gathers count the same. So I start at the right-hand end of the fish, and fish left as they exhaust. When I run out, I move to the other high-level fish... because level *does* matter due to gem-coin loot, special drops, which scale on the level of the node.
Instead of being able to stay there, I now port to the Village.
Run over to the fish area.
Empty the node, run over, tap the pylon, run back. Repeat.
Keep a timer, port back to the isles. Repeat.

The tedium of the *lot of* gathers goes up greatly in order to combat botters. I don't have a better solution to suggest, and the botting is a serious problem. But unless I am missing something, this does indeed make a big difference. I look forward to trying it. :)
For gems and special drops, they do scale to the level of the nodes. However, the quality of them changes every 5 levels. So that if u start from the highest level node in Thriving Isles, which should be lvl59, u can keep getting lvl55 drops from lv59 to lv55 nodes. The time for a node to recover from exhaustion is half an hour, which means 3~4 nodes should be enough for u to continue gathering without changing area.
And whether before or after the update, u always have to click/tap every minute. To click the same node all the time and to click a node for 11-18min then click the node just next to it. Seems no notable difference for me :unsure:
Btw, I'm sorry if my previous post makes anyone think that I meant who dislike the new gathering system are botters. That's definitely NOT what I meant.

Dawnfire

Great Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Athon Dawnfire
Platform
Android, PC
Am I reading this correct?
You can not get more than 1 elder fragment per day.
You can kill a bounty and later get a quest to get a drop from them, making quest progression impossible that day.
If kill and bounty with DoT after i died then I won't be able to get the drops from them until next day. be it fragments or quest items.
Yes 1 fragment per day (22 hours). Quest progression is true as well, though theymoved some bounties so you shouldn't meet them earlier than the quest (but I believe there'll be some more refinement to the system). Some quest items were moved to chests as well to avoid this problem (iirc).

Reactions: Zazie
  • Likex1

Kaydee

Squirrel
Characters
Kaydee, Ziyal, and "AFK"
Platform
PC
"Made the male character model's feet slightly smaller. " .... I just hope after this, the male charater will not get look as ridiculous as female characters after aearth and sea update
Hahahaha. Yeah, I am one of the ones who hate how tiny the female hands and feet look now. I even deleted a female alt because it was bugging me so much.
I totally agree. They do look ridiculous now.
(not to mention the "censor worthy"gap between the thighs... :oops: )

Illuthas

Wizard
Platform
PC
Yes 1 fragment per day (22 hours). Quest progression is true as well, though theymoved some bounties so you shouldn't meet them earlier than the quest (but I believe there'll be some more refinement to the system). Some quest items were moved to chests as well to avoid this problem (iirc).
The problem is that it is base on the assumption that player would do the quest before they do any form of bounty run. This is not tru. for me at least. since Exp pots run on a timer I would normally want to kill as many bounties in a short amount of time as possible. running back and forth to gather things or kill a specific type of mob doesnt fit in with that. AND you get the most xp the first time you kill a bounty due to their multiplier. i would definetly kill bounties and come back and do quests. placement is irrelevant.

Dawnfire

Great Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Athon Dawnfire
Platform
Android, PC
@Illuthas I see your point, the system is not perfect, we'll see if more foolproof things can be done. I do disagree with replacement being not useful. Quite a few quest givers are on the road, so picking up a quest is a matter of seconds, so it should allow players to avoid some trouble. Nonetheless yes some quest givers are off the road, and you can end up killing bounties sooner than getting the quest. Worst case you comeback tomorrow.

Reactions: Jurksch and Zazie
  • Likex2

KAVE

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that the introduction of tool deterioration and repair globules was to combat botters. If they are not actively picking up the globules then their tools break down and eventually they would get kicked for trying to gather without tools. What is the point of having 2 redundant anti-bot systems (node depletion, repair globules)?

Also, shouldn't motes have been reverted back to tradeable status?

Concinus

Grand Priestess
Characters
Tindra Silvertass
Platform
Steam
Last edited
I am looking forward to all the new changes, but I just used a makeover kit and now the faces are being reworked again!

PLEASE have some kind of feature where you can preview design updates so you don't have to waste makeover kits. E.g. that you only pay if you want to keep changes to the character.

Rather than getting a Legendary belt as part of the special promotion, I would have liked a new makeover kit. We have had so many additions to the character design that it would be fun for us oldies to get to update our characters, just like the newbies.

knn

Villager
Platform
PC
I can't see any part of this patch make gathering difficult. You can get even more with plentiful nodes. The exhaustion would only make gathering difficult for botters.
exhaustion would only make gathering difficult for bots if there are indeed bots in the game and i have never seen proof of bots in US2 so your statement is only based on your opinion and not facts

i know that the new gathering mechanics would definitely inconvenience me, i wouldn't be able to sit for hours clicking on a node to finish a project, i could gather elsewhere outside of the gathering zone but with the new scaling system, that means i'd have to waste time fending off mobs in lower level areas

with less gathering, i'd have less motes for crafting and that too would be an inconvenience

knn

Villager
Platform
PC
The scaling is only for the new blight zones. Instead of being level locked, like other high level zones. You can visit any one of the new zones no matter if you're 90 or 95. The monster will scale to your level and the gear that drops is for your level.
thank you for clarifying, i thought the scaling is like that of wow where it's now an unending combat game

Reactions: Baron Von Boom
  • Likex1

Seawolf

Servant of Mallok
Platform
Android
exhaustion would only make gathering difficult for bots if there are indeed bots in the game and i have never seen proof of bots in US2 so your statement is only based on your opinion and not facts

i know that the new gathering mechanics would definitely inconvenience me, i wouldn't be able to sit for hours clicking on a node to finish a project, i could gather elsewhere outside of the gathering zone but with the new scaling system, that means i'd have to waste time fending off mobs in lower level areas

with less gathering, i'd have less motes for crafting and that too would be an inconvenience
Ditto. I havent seen a bot on us3 since before the hack.

Platform
PC
You may not have seen proof of bots in us2, but I can assure you they have been there. And it takes mods a long time to verify that it IS a bot. While the current changes may not be the most favorable, they are needed. Those are the facts and not an opinion.

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that the introduction of tool deterioration and repair globules was to combat botters. If they are not actively picking up the globules then their tools break down and eventually they would get kicked for trying to gather without tools. What is the point of having 2 redundant anti-bot systems (node depletion, repair globules)?

I don't know it for a fact but I don't believe botters were the sole motivation behind implementing tool deterioration. I suspect it will remain, but if it was implemented for that sole purpose, I would not weep at seeing it go. It's something I can live with but would prefer to live without.

I made mention of the motes, elsewhere, and asked if they would be reverted back to trade status. I can't seem to find that to see if it got any dev response, but I'll take another look and try to nail that down. Implementing the ability to purchase Red Darrig keys for gold gives me hope that they will consider reverting the motes as well. As I recall, the motes became bound items as a result of farming by botters. If the changes to gathering have eliminated or greatly reduced the ability to do that, it makes sense to me that they would reinstate the ability to trade motes.

Lucas Crowalker

Great Adventurer
Characters
Lucas Crowalker, Lucas Dragonheart, Lucas Pheonixfire
Platform
iOS, PC
Would you like to join my organization called "The Eternal Flamers"?

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
Last edited
Would you like to join my organization called "The Eternal Flamers"?
Lol. :D Is that directed at anyone in particular or an open invitation to all?

EDIT:
Ha! Nevermind. I thought you meant someone was flaming the thread. :p
But that was before I ran across this thread. https://www.madottergames.com/forums/threads/lucas-crowalkers-weekly-anouncements-reminders-and-challenges.1881/
So I get the context now.
I can be a little slow sometimes, but given time, I usually get there... eventually.

CaraLox

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Loxana/Mrs Doubtfire/Cara Lox/ShamRoc/Klinger
Platform
iOS, PC
I have a question about the bat mount from the moors.
I don't want to spoil too much, but the corn cost of that bat mount based on a 30-day event zone is impossible.

the dailies give 225 corns / day
I don't know how much the bounties are.
But if the EZ is around for 30 days after doing ALL of the dailies you would need 43 corns / day to come close to getting the mount.

Please tell me the event will last longer than 30 days.....

Reactions: Missa and Garrott Jaxx
  • Likex2

Illuthas

Wizard
Platform
PC
@Illuthas I see your point, the system is not perfect, we'll see if more foolproof things can be done. I do disagree with replacement being not useful. Quite a few quest givers are on the road, so picking up a quest is a matter of seconds, so it should allow players to avoid some trouble. Nonetheless yes some quest givers are off the road, and you can end up killing bounties sooner than getting the quest. Worst case you comeback tomorrow.
But this is entirely based on me doing things in exaclty the intended order.
No TPs.
And if for example there is a quest chain where you have to do something in a zone you have to run back to complete the quest because you might get a follow up quest requiring to kill a bounty.
How often this will hapen i dont know but it is set up to create this kind of scenarios. and i think it is stupid. why punish people for not playing the game exacly as the devs think you should?
And in this case "tomorrow" from 13:00 on a sunday means 11:00 next saturday. since quest progression is reserved for when i have time over after dailies.
I had no idea that competition for drops were such a big problem that this is an acceptable solution.

Reactions: Lightentity and Catori
  • Likex2

Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC

In the past both gears and tools can be broken, and after some break and repair cycle the gear or tools will be upgraded, I kinda like that system tho for the gear they break down a bit to fast and costy. For right now It is just for preventing bot. I think they're not redundant, because you can't completely prevent a bot, it just make it harder to do it and for player who don't bot clicking one globule every few minutes and moving every around 15 minutes isn't a huge task at all.

And would love if mote can be tradeable again

Reactions: Zazie and CaraLox
  • Likex2