Pookey

Hunter
Characters
Pookey2
Platform
PC
Wonderful patch notes! Just a clarification on one thing. Frag is included as instanced loot unique to each player? So I can always pick it up even if kill was not for me?

Arjuna

Grand Priest
Characters
Arjuna, Lord Villian
Platform
Android
Looks amazing, thank you!

Illuthas

Wizard
Platform
PC
Am I reading this correct?
You can not get more than 1 elder fragment per day.
You can kill a bounty and later get a quest to get a drop from them, making quest progression impossible that day.
If kill and bounty with DoT after i died then I won't be able to get the drops from them until next day. be it fragments or quest items.

And a point of clarification
Does the target cycling work as stated now? or can we now only cycle through enemies? It would be useful if you had the option to cycle through players or enemies.

Reactions: Daniel Fortesque
  • Likex1
Characters
BashaDrake, Elmeti, Knytro
Platform
Android
Lots to look forward to!
Just a quick question about that new "db threading". I am one of the people that had local teleporters glitch and vanish. Clearing my game cache every time before starting the game has fixed this for me. Its stated in the patch notes that new, unexplored zones will take quite a bit longer to load the first time. Will clearing my game cache cause this to happen every time I play?

Vyn

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
Android
Thanks for the patch notes! A lot to look forward to and to try out :D

I'm a bit worried about the gathering for resources since I just got used to the idea of resource gathering in villages, but it's good to see that there's more of a purpose to train gathering levels to ensure you have the levels to go to a nearby node in the world if the current node is depleted.

I'm looking forward to try out the targeting! I've been leary on trying a healer character since I haven't been able to target other players good on mobile. So if the targeting is better with the update I may be able to try out a healer. Plus with new fixes and updates I'll be more confident in trying group hunting/bosses without lagging out or the game closing on me. A lot to look forward to so thank you all for the hard work! đź’• Will a future update include the ability to see party members on the maps in mobile too?

Reactions: Alethrii
  • Likex1

Aurius

Priest
Platform
Android
Last edited
Elder fragments need to be changed to atleast 2 a day per boss. 1 for armor and 1 for weapon. Giving 1 a day per kill is just way too restrictive. I can understand you guys not wanting people to be able to just stand there and be able to farm as much gear/fragments as they want, but did you really NEED to reduce it to 1 fragment?? I think you guys went overboard on that decision. Not happy at all.
Edit: I can understand 1 fragment a day per kill for 95 elders, but for the lower elders, I just don't see any good reason to restrict it to that degree.

knn

Villager
Platform
PC
giving players the feature to buy keys with gold is meaningless if the source of most players gold, gathering, is made difficult and irritating

and the scaling system sounds like it's going to be annoyance just like in warcraft

Seawolf

Servant of Mallok
Platform
Android
giving players the feature to buy keys with gold is meaningless if the source of most players gold, gathering, is made difficult and irritating

and the scaling system sounds like it's going to be annoyance just like in warcraft
The scaling is only for the new blight zones. Instead of being level locked, like other high level zones. You can visit any one of the new zones no matter if you're 90 or 95. The monster will scale to your level and the gear that drops is for your level.

Seawolf

Servant of Mallok
Platform
Android
Thanks for the patch notes! A lot to look forward to and to try out :D

I'm a bit worried about the gathering for resources since I just got used to the idea of resource gathering in villages, but it's good to see that there's more of a purpose to train gathering levels to ensure you have the levels to go to a nearby node in the world if the current node is depleted.
If the node in your village becomes depleted you simply go touch the resource bin and it will refresh that node.

Seawolf

Servant of Mallok
Platform
Android
Wonderful patch notes! Just a clarification on one thing. Frag is included as instanced loot unique to each player? So I can always pick it up even if kill was not for me?
Yes. As long as you take part in killing, one drops for you.

Shojin

Citizen
Platform
iOS, PC
A lot of good stuff here. As a new player that just dropped way more than my yearly gaming budget on this one game... I am very concerned about the node exhaustion. The current game mechanics are geared for Many Thousands of gathers each for important rewards. Thinking about this, it seems to me the change will just require a bunch of tedious jumping around, then hitting the village gather areas. Is this primarily to fight the botters? If so, well I understand, but ouch.

Reactions: Omnitex
  • Likex1

IoOvOo

Wizard
Characters
loOvOo
Platform
Android, PC

I can't see any part of this patch make gathering difficult. You can get even more with plentiful nodes. The exhaustion would only make gathering difficult for botters.

Shojin

Citizen
Platform
iOS, PC
"The exhaustion would only make gathering difficult for botters. " That is very VERY untrue, and I would encourage you to edit that.

I am working on specialization and need many MANY thousands of gathers. This will very strongly affect me. I do not bot. I click the mouse or tap the iPad every time. **Thousands of times so far**, and I am not even 10% finished. I plan to do this 4 times... weapon... armor... and 2 more, haven't decided. For each armor/weapon "recipe" I have to have the mats to "practice" 30 times to make a top quality effort. Thousands and thousands of gathers. To support the village, I need to do thousands more gathers.

Queeny

Citizen
Royal Guardian
Characters
Jenny The Brave ...
Platform
Android, PC
@ Ivar can you look for the explanation to change new icons - I think it is still on the old forum.
I remember it was something in your drve/v&h: .... had to delete something, reinstall ...

We did a large scale conversion on our in game icons. Some players may notice some icons changing or improving in quality. Android players should notice these changes right off the bat, PC players will have to do a reinstall to see them all.

Shojin

Citizen
Platform
iOS, PC
@Dawnfire So... like this:
I am in The Thriving Isles.
I need 75000 (or whatever, a *lot of*) gathers. It doesn't really matter what they are, because they are currency with a merchant, and high and low level gathers count the same. So I start at the right-hand end of the fish, and fish left as they exhaust. When I run out, I move to the other high-level fish... because level *does* matter due to gem-coin loot, special drops, which scale on the level of the node.
Instead of being able to stay there, I now port to the Village.
Run over to the fish area.
Empty the node, run over, tap the pylon, run back. Repeat.
Keep a timer, port back to the isles. Repeat.

The tedium of the *lot of* gathers goes up greatly in order to combat botters. I don't have a better solution to suggest, and the botting is a serious problem. But unless I am missing something, this does indeed make a big difference. I look forward to trying it. :)

Aurius

Priest
Platform
Android
I personally don't see a big issue with the new gathering system. For the most part, there are plenty of nodes of each particular type to gather from in one area. By the time you exaust them all, the first one will have replenished itself already or will very soon. I think this is a very small price to pay to finally rid the game of botters for the most part. Sure, we can't be as lazy as we were before while gathering, but I don't think that is a good reason to complain.

Dawnfire

Great Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Athon Dawnfire
Platform
Android, PC
@Shojin yes you are missing out :) Exhausted nodes refill, on average it takes finishing 2 nodes before the 1st one is up again. So in your example you do 2 lvl 59 fishing nodes, and 1 lvl 58 one, and by that time the first lvl 59 will be up again. No need to run to the village