Sarah Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
banner.jpg

Just because Grinchta is a little tardy this year, doesn’t mean we can’t keep having some holiday fun! In addition to the Secret Santa Gift Exchange, we invite you all to participate in the always popular Twelve Days of Christmas Event!

What is it? It is six fun-filled contests spread over twelve days which offer our amazingly talented player community a chance to really show off their creative skills, or rally together in group activities, or simply come together in a spectacularly colorful fashion and celebrate this holiday season in true V&H style!

Starting on December 11th, the first contest will be posted on the Forums (and Discord.) From then on, every other day, a new contest will be posted. All contests will close on December 23rd.

Prizes

We feel like going big this year -- which means rewarding the outstanding efforts of the winning individuals of these contests with more than just a couple of crowns. ;)

So. For each contest (that is not a specifically a server vs server contest with separate prizes), we will be awarding the following prizes to the top two winning individuals in the contests:

First Place:
  • 300 Crowns
  • Holiday Surprise Bundle (with 3 special gifts)

Second Place:
  • 200 Crowns
  • Holiday Surprise Bundle (with 3 special gifts)

We can’t wait to see all of the many creative entries our community will come up with for this event! It is always such fun seeing the talents of our players, and watching them join together for some holiday VH fun! Hope to see as many of you as possible on every server participating!

And once again, please keep an eye out for the first contest, which will open on Friday, December 11th! :D

Myst

Squirrel
Characters
Mystic Fox
Platform
  1. PC
The contest should be called "12 Random Days in December" since that is what it is. I only wish it was actually held on the 12 days of Christmas, Dec 25th to Jan 6th.

Reactions: ishanroyc
  • Sadx1

Mogda

Shaman
Characters
Mogda, Glara
Platform
  1. iOS
The contest should be called "12 Random Days in December" since that is what it is. I only wish it was actually held on the 12 days of Christmas, Dec 25th to Jan 6th.
I’m happy the devs are doing all these events. They are building up just fine IMHO.

Myst

Squirrel
Characters
Mystic Fox
Platform
  1. PC
I’m happy the devs are doing all these events. They are building up just fine IMHO.
I have no problem with them doing events. It's the appropriation of the name that annoys me.

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
  1. PC
It is true that, historically, the 12 days of Christmas are in fact the days from Dec 25th to Jan 6th (Twelfth Night).

It's probably also true to say that around 90% of the population think they are the 12 days leading up to Christmas.

Reactions: Skip!tomyLu and Zazie
  • Likex2

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
  1. Steam
It is true that, historically, the 12 days of Christmas are in fact the days from Dec 25th to Jan 6th (Twelfth Night).

It's probably also true to say that around 90% of the population think they are the 12 days leading up to Christmas.
I dont think we even HAVE 12 days of christmas here. just... christmas day, second christmasday, and then christmas day 3, 4, 5 and 6 to finish all the food we had for 1st and 2nd christmas day.

Paranoia

Villager
Characters
Paranoia
Platform
  1. PC
just an UK/US thing. historically, as maj said, and important to some church (for whom the epiphany on january 6 is the most important day, as i have understood). i only knew that there's a christmas carol and haven't given it any more thoughts. until now.