KAVE

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
Instead of raising Intellect for 60 seconds, how would you all feel if it raised Will instead? Seems odd that surging howl would increase my max mana. I normally use it when I'm low on mana, so it doesn't have any effect.

Reactions: Dreamtime and IrishElf
  • Lovex1
  • Likex1

Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
I don't really mind, but I kinda prefer that surging howl increase intellect, that way I can already use it when the fight start since it increase my max mana, which make it more flexible on the timing to use it and make me able to use it at least one more times compared if i'm only able to use it when my mana is low. So instead of refilling mana, it kinda work to sustain my mana level to always be high. Also I already made my built around it and it will be kinda sucks if I have to spend a few sockets to change it, but If others prefer it to change then so be it.

Frostalite

Wizard
Characters
Frostalite and Herocrusher
Platform
Android, PC
I personally use it more for the reduction in damage received than for the mana,it provides.

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Instead of raising Intellect for 60 seconds, how would you all feel if it raised Will instead? Seems odd that surging howl would increase my max mana. I normally use it when I'm low on mana, so it doesn't have any effect.
Yes please!!

Erwalt

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Increased intellect really helps with no mana being wasted by overfilling the pool. Normally I'd use it when the number of mobs surrounding me is the greatest, and that's usually in the beginning of the fight, when the pool is already full.

KAVE

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
Last edited
Increased intellect really helps with no mana being wasted by overfilling the pool. Normally I'd use it when the number of mobs surrounding me is the greatest, and that's usually in the beginning of the fight, when the pool is already full.
The problem being that the intellect boost is really only useful when you already have full mana. Use it at the beginning of a fight, sure. If you are fighting an Elder or in a Dungeon then chances are your mana will not be full the next time it is ready to use and you need the refill.

A mana restoration ability which works best when the user already has full mana is not the ideal scenario.

Erwalt

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
A mana restoration ability which works best when the user already has full mana is not the ideal scenario.
Agree it is not ideal, though removing it makes it impossible to use the feat in the start, so less options.
Also, removing it makes all the other mana refilling combos less efficient - trinket that restores % of the max mana, all the crafted mana pots (again % of max pool part), premium mana pots... All of this things work nicely in synergy with Surging Howl.
Imo, Will could be a nice boost, but that kind of regen is just not sufficient if already buffed, and I found the above mentioned combos to work much better for me.

Reactions: Giruv
  • Likex1

Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
Agreed with what Erwalt posted, the extra will will only increase in combat mana regen by around 1-2 mana/second depending on the built. Being able to use it at the star of the fight give you 500+75*mob around, which gonna take around 8 minutes before extra will become better than extra intellect, even more if there are more mob around and/or using warcry built.

Hawklin Lane

Warrior
Characters
Tolin, Myrleena, Pantel
Platform
iOS, Android
Last edited
I also use it to refill my mana when I’m low and need to save pots. In the dungeon for example, when the group stacks mobs, I recharge.

once sustain is below the normal lvl, unless you can keep your mana high, it isn’t as important to me.

And since it does raise the max I do sometimes use it in the beginning but my build has a reasonable sustain so I usually ended up just using it to refill.

willpower boost would help the recharge rate but I don’t think it would be enough to make a large difference.