Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
Currently, there is little to no organization of the wardrobe for each toon. An appearance item will not be in the same location on each toon, making it difficult to tell which toon(s) already have the gnogpack from the monthly calendar or gnopacks you can earn in event zones, for example.

Earlier today, I had a bit of a conundrum. I was certain that I already had the black faun gnogpack on at least 2 (if not 3) of my toons, but since I couldn’t remember how many years ago the monthly calendar was added, I wasn’t the least bit sure how many of my toons should have it. After a lot of hunting through the mess, I found it in the first row on one toon and the fourth row on a second toon!

My wardrobe for each toon, in each category of attire, is a disorganized MESS, with no improvement in sight! Worse still, the mess increases with each monthly calendar gnogpack I earn, each event zone gnogpack I add to a toon's wardrobe, each drop loot or elder appearance I add, and each item shop gnogpack I buy. It's an ever-growing mess, and the mess gets worse the more years I play and the more active I am. I can’t search for an item by its name; I can’t group the icons in any way; I can’t sort by color or separate the item shop gnogpacks from the elder ones, or the event zone gnogpacks from the drop loot ones, etc. It took about as much effort just to find one specific appearance on each toon as it did to write this entire long-winded post!

Here are some statistics to illustrate the existence of the issue:

Each row in the wardrobe contains 11 items. A full screen (on pc) contains 5 rows, giving you 55 items per screen. If your wardrobe (for one item) is one screen or less, finding the desired appearance isn’t too bad. If you have 2 screens or more (110 items), it becomes increasingly difficult!

Here's a table showing how many appearance items each of my toons has in each category. (The toons are listed in order by how much time I've spent on each one, over the years.)
Toon ClassWeaponShieldHatGloveTunicBoot
Priest5962154160128157
Hunter6330146143126152
Wizard3731147119126122
Warrior6960133116118125

Something, ANYTHING would be better than the currently-nonexistent system of sorting or organizing your wardrobe! I would be happy just to have a search option, although what I would most like would be the ability to drag and drop the icons into my own preferred order, to be auto-saved by the game. Perhaps we could have a filter(s) added, allowing us to search by method obtained, season, or color, or something similar??

What ideas do other players have, and how difficult would it be to implement them? (Perhaps something simple could be added sooner, and then a more complex system could be added later.)

Looking forward to seeing some stats of other players' wardrobes, along with some brainstorming from the crowd. :)

Zar

Great Adventurer
Characters
Zarola, North....
Platform
Android, PC
I agree, it is hard to find what you want. I often overlook what I am looking for and spend to much time looking for the certain appearance that is right in front of me but I can't see it, cause it blends in with everything else. Having a search function of some kind would definitely be handy. Sometimes I use the "click and Scroll to choose a look" instead of clicking the three dots to view all, but even that takes a while.

Reactions: Rohana and Zazie
  • Likex2

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Platform
PC
I often overlook what I am looking for and spend to much time looking for the certain appearance that is right in front of me but I can't see it, cause it blends in with everything else.
I have the exact same issue. There's really no rhyme or reason to the way items are arranged in the wardrobe. It's particularly bad when I'm looking for a specific pair of black gloves, say. If I want the pair of black (not gray) cuffed boots with the steel-tipped toe, it takes a lot of hunting to find the pair I'm looking for! (Several years ago, I bought the black, white, and blue gloves and boots sets for all the toons on my account, making it even more challenging to find the exact appearance I want. I absolutely love having a huge wardrobe, but trying to find anything in it causes me to want to pull my hair out!)

Earlier today, I discovered that not all of my nymph outfits are grouped together (at least half of those were also item shop purchases), not all of my villager tunics are together, not all of my Equinox wing sets are grouped together...I have so many similar sets of gear in different colors, but they're never grouped together by style! The blue and white "every character on the account" outfit packs that I bought from the item shop a few years ago aren't all grouped together either. On one toon, there was a random colored tunic (from the old villager gnogpack in the item shop) alternating between each blue garment's appearance, and there were about 3-4 blue robes and tunics like that!

It's frustrating when a new event zone has popped up, and when all I want to do is go play there, instead I spend a lot more time than I would like, trying to figure out which toon already has which appearance items!

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Platform
PC
I'd be happy to have the option to throw out items I don't want,
ie don't like, don't fit anymore, and/or no longer wear.
I would prefer the ability to "hide" items, the same way that with a real life closet, you can shove the clothes you don't like to wear towards the back of it. This way, the appearances you never use/don't like are still in your wardrobe (and you can easily get them back), but you don't have to see them.

If nothing else, it would be handy to be able to shift these items to the last slots on the page, allowing everything else to appear first.

Karen Souldancer

Bog Frog
Royal Guardian
Platform
iOS, Android, PC, Steam
Something, anything would be nice.
It would be nice to be able to see your toon as you click through the items also, to see how they look, without having to select the item slot again.