Raelin

Lumineer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Raelin, Shandri Blaze, Kayle Fyrefly
Platform
iOS, Android
I’m genuinely curious as to the reasoning for doubling the boss health of the Sugarsweet bosses. I honestly feel as if the bosses had too much health BEFORE the patch, and now getting enough players together to kill them is ridiculous. Sugarsweet is often noted to be the least favorite event zone for many players. The population in this event zone (at least on us2) is always low. It took us 11 minutes to kill JellyBean this morning. So long that low level players have run out of mana and are auto-attacking. I don’t fault them for that, but it is KILLING cooperative spirit in this zone. 11 minutes times 8 large bosses is 88 minutes just to make a run through of the large bosses. That is WAY too much time. None of the high level dps players want to help for that long. I am begging you devs. Please reconsider this change ASAP. Event zones for me are for fun, casual play. Not yawning my way through 88 minutes of “helping” everyone else earn their rewards, using obnoxious amounts of mana pots. I love the cooperative spirit event zones bring but this change... did not help at all.

Zaphyra

Master Villager
Characters
Retired
Platform
Android, PC
I’m genuinely curious as to the reasoning for doubling the boss health of the Sugarsweet bosses. I honestly feel as if the bosses had too much health BEFORE the patch, and now getting enough players together to kill them is ridiculous. Sugarsweet is often noted to be the least favorite event zone for many players. The population in this event zone (at least on us2) is always low. It took us 11 minutes to kill JellyBean this morning. So long that low level players have run out of mana and are auto-attacking. I don’t fault them for that, but it is KILLING cooperative spirit in this zone. 11 minutes times 8 large bosses is 88 minutes just to make a run through of the large bosses. That is WAY too much time. None of the high level dps players want to help for that long. I am begging you devs. Please reconsider this change ASAP. Event zones for me are for fun, casual play. Not yawning my way through 88 minutes of “helping” everyone else earn their rewards, using obnoxious amounts of mana pots. I love the cooperative spirit event zones bring but this change... did not help at all.
I'm actually wondering if it was some sort of mistake... did someone request that the Zingara health be increased and the Devs misunderstood... increasing Boss health instead? 🤔

Perlio

Servant of Mallok
Last edited
I agree. I only get 2-3 hours of playtime a day, at most. I don't mind spending 45 minutes or so on the EZ each day...but not 90+ minutes of my limited play time. I actually did the math while killing Sprinkles...everything I want from EZ is about $20 in crowns. I would rather pay $20 and be done than have to kill the bosses as they are now. It just takes waaaaay too long per boss. The EZ was fun, players cooperating, running around as a conga line from boss to boss. Now 10+ minutes per boss just drains and bores everyone.

If the devs wanted to make the bosses harder...more HP does not equal harder.

Cath

Huntress
Characters
Cathellis, Cathela, Catherie, Cathalia, Cathrial
Platform
iOS
I do believe Zaphyra is correct. iirc, in Test notes, Devs mentioned that they had gotten a number of complaints about EZ bosses' health being too low. They also said that it wasn't specified as to WHICH bosses had too little health, so I think they took a guess.

skitwidget

Huntress
Characters
skitwidget
Platform
Steam
Totally agree. I strongly disagree with the choice to increase the dps of the ez bosses and I believe it has and is going to put people off of doing the ez more then they already are (Sugarsweet is notoriously unpopular for some reason, at least in US2). They are incredibly harder to kill for very small reward, especially compared to other ez bosses from other events. Obviously this is all just my opinion. I have been in the ez for almost 3 hours today, most of that time was just killing bosses.

Isa Beau

Squirrel
Royal Guardian
Characters
Isa Beau
Platform
PC
I do hope this was a mistake. I spent over an hour yesterday trying to do a run for just one character, burned through about 20 mana potions and easily could have used more. I finished the main quest, got my outfit and ended up buying the bunny in the crown shop...too much of a hassle to do everyday. :(

Elijah Lin

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Elijahiel
Platform
iOS
With no explaination why the bosses in sugarsummit is increased, is anyones guess. I do remember the zingas had a problem last year, vaguely... because one or two players can take them down so easily and no one else had a chance to join in.

I am also wondering, as many has said, the sugarsummit hasnt been a popular ez for quite a lot of players. I myself am pink crazed!!

Here are my two pence for what I feel could be a couple of suggestion that might ease the current situation:

1. Why not have less ez bosses in sugarsummit while keeping the current health bar difficulty and having more cotton candy given per boss (for the effort being put in). It would seem more sensible as the bounty marker takes 22hrs before it resets, why not fewer bosses, less waiting time? It could make the progress less stressful if you only do one smooth run for the main ez bosses in one go. With having less of them, giving them more cotton candy it solve the more bosses you have to wait issue/problem. As i imagine, everyone has daily life things to do outside VH too, no? ^^

2. Since there are crafting stations in the sugarsummit now, maybe it would be great to suggest a villager approach to also earning more cotton candy in next event? So, not everyone has to fight the ez bosses to obtain them? As I remember this is VILLAGERS and heroes... so far the dailies only two quests are villagering and the rest (ie. 1 quest and 16 bounties) are all hero directed objectives here. ^^ It would be nice if there were a bit more option in how to earn more cotton like christmas ez or halloween ez. I know Sugarsummit could be a bit too pink for a lot of ppl but i feel there be should something to earn for everyone, if... the point and reason why ez first existed was to bring everyone together and play... no matter what lvl?

3. I think, honestly, the currency prices are too high. 800 for a polar is a reasonable price. But 800 for a new flair, 800 for a new pink squirrel outfit, 1000 for a pink bunny... I am not saying the new stuff isnt exciting...(cause it is) but if anyone has a sense of calculating the currency vesus time vesus effort. Spending real monies would cut all that hassle. 😂 Cmon, is this where we are heading to now for ez goodies?! 🙈🍭👀🏃🏻‍♂️

Raelin

Lumineer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Raelin, Shandri Blaze, Kayle Fyrefly
Platform
iOS, Android
To be honest, I don’t think the prices for the goodies in the zone are too much. You can earn something like 85 cotton candy/day, so that’s about 10 days for a mount or larger prize which is completely reasonable.

The real issue is just the amount of time now needed to be spent to complete all the daily objectives and bounties. Reducing the health of the bosses back to what they were and/or reducing the boss reset timers from 22 hours down to 16 or 20 hours (as is the case for other event zones) would go a long way back to making the zone do-able for most players in about an hour or less.

Schlarbie

Reader
Characters
Shlarby
Platform
Android, PC
Chiming in to agree that nothing good comes out of the doubled the boss health. And the zingaras spawn every 20 minutes so I believe their health is just fine as is. This year's teleporter is a nice addition!

Cyndzia

Citizen
Platform
PC
As if doing the Bounty (95 to 120 minute respawn) and zingara (9 to 27 minute respawn) rotation wasn't enough like herding kittens now the Bounties take longer, require more people, and use more resources. At 2 hours a day just for these bounties (if I get lucky, heaven forbid an instakill from licor, or a bad death to toxilation on cookie) it's a rougher than a pink saturated supposed to be fun zone should be, especially for largely cosmetic rewards.

I am new I've gone through haunted moors, grinchta, and now sugarsweet, and it has been a downward trend in my EZ enjoyment.

Cyndzia

Citizen
Platform
PC
Hi, All,

Just a quick update to put everyone's mind at ease: we will be pushing a small patch to live early next week, in which the health of EZ bosses has been re-adjusted in it.
So just to put my anxious mind at ease.... when you say re-adjust ..... you don't mean even higher do you ?

Reactions: Perlio
  • Hahax1

Meagan

Citizen
Platform
Android, PC
Since you are planning to make some changes, would it be possible to also include one of the following suggestions:
  • Decrease bounty reactivation time from 22 hours to 20 hours. Many of us are creatures of habit, having their daily game-time nicely fitted into our schedule. The bigger elders' 2 hour respawn timer could easily mean that when you are online and the elder is up the bounty is still in cooldown, forcing you to wait for the next spawn for the spoils. If that happens again that can mean you are about 3 hours over your planned game time. If you are working there is no way you can do this for the second time, you must skip a day.
  • Decrease elder respawn time from 2 hours to 75 minutes and from 95 minutes to 45 minutes. The 22 hours bounty reactivation is no issue with other overland (i.e. non Event Zone based) elders and bounties because they respawn really quick.
I don't ask for 16 hours, or even shorter cooldown, that would open up the door to excessive farming of Event Zone currency and lead to inflating prices.

Jytal

Servant of Mallok
Platform
iOS
To incentivize players to come back to sugar sweet (from either hating it so much they don't play it at all or because they feel it is not worth their time) also consider increasing the cotton candy given by daily elders or give the elder echos a low amount of cotton candy as well.

Geistgestalt

Citizen
Platform
Android
I would kindly ask to consider a 16 hours cooldown period for the Sugarsweet bosses.

The current 22 hours cooldown basically forces a player wishing to complete the zone daily to spend two to four hours in EZ at a time determined by when the EZ zone bosses have been completed for the first time.

Under the assumption, that the event zones are supposed to be fun and relaxing, such a strict schedule is strange, as it a achieves the opposite.

Giving an eight our time window each day gives everyone the opportunity to play the zone when it fits with activities in real life.

Furthermore, when the number of players in the EZ starts to dwindle it makes it possible to find a better time to do the bosses, without having to miss one day .

ripcord

Wizard
Characters
ripcord
Platform
iOS
I would kindly ask to consider a 16 hours cooldown period for the Sugarsweet bosses.

The current 22 hours cooldown basically forces a player wishing to complete the zone daily to spend two to four hours in EZ at a time determined by when the EZ zone bosses have been completed for the first time.

Under the assumption, that the event zones are supposed to be fun and relaxing, such a strict schedule is strange, as it a achieves the opposite.

Giving an eight our time window each day gives everyone the opportunity to play the zone when it fits with activities in real life.

Furthermore, when the number of players in the EZ starts to dwindle it makes it possible to find a better time to do the bosses, without having to miss one day .
I second this. This year the boss runs on US2 are a total mess. Last year you could ask and someone knew when the group of 2hr bosses would spawn and the 1.5hr bosses would spawn. This year the kills are random and so spread out.A longer window gives a better opportunity for catching them.

I also would argue cutting their HP and spawn time in half making it easier to catch them and for smaller groups to take them down. Sugarsweet is not like Grinchta’s Lair where the whole server comes for the bosses. Smaller groups need to be able to take them down or there needs to be some incentive for players to return again.