Jytal

Servant of Mallok
Platform
iOS
I am typing this post as I sit in the event zone, it is a Saturday on US3, the most populated server. I entered the zone and found everything to be up, zings and elders, and I do not know how long they have been up. In the most populated server, you'd expect to find people in the event zone to do these bosses with but there isn't, I have asked in world chat if anyone wanted to join but there weren't enough takers.
I have heard that sugar sweet was meant for solo/small groups. That does not seem to be the case, the zings are on a 20minute timer, if this was truly for solo, it would be a 5minute timer or less. Bounties in regular zones have a 5minute timer additionally, past the first kill, the zings do not give any EZ currency, only the materials to make cosmetics with the recipes which means there is no substantial benefit from endlessly farming the zings. But, let's also check if they could be soloed from nonmax players, my warrior can take approximately 7 hits from a zing before dying, my fire wizard (much weaker) can take 2.
The elder bosses have a large health pool and depending on the boss, ranges from low damage to oneshots. (One shots are not fun, don't include them) Even if it's one of the lower damage elders, a nonmax player will quickly die without extensive support. Coupled with this event zone being catered for small zones, having timers that go up to 2 hours does not make sense, if this was for a small group of players, it should have a ladder format that the group can progress through, not wait 2 hours to challenge.
The current event zone, sugar sweet, does not retain any interest or play time. The elder bosses are seen as too strong, too much hp, take too much time to defeat, and there is no reason to do the elder bosses more than once a day which disincentives people from coming back to the event zone for each respawn creating what negative feedback loop of less and less participation. A majority of the event zone boss runs I have been in are simply a max player carrying the fights, this isn't fun.
Sugar sweet needs to be reworked and refocused. If it is meant for solo and small groups, the enemies and timers need to reflect that. If it is meant for groups of people, how people are scaled to the enemies need to be reworked because it currently just does not work. A level 95 healer should not be contributing 40% of the damage, 95% of the heals, and 100% of the tanking.

From the time I started waiting in the event zone to when I post this forum, it has been 1 hour and 30 minutes and not a single zing or boss has died.

These are general suggestions for all event zones.
1) Make event zone currency account bound, if one toon has 250 while another has 150, I would like to buy a little hat at the very end of the event, not buy treats that will expire immediately because these are the leftover event currency I had left.
Due to potential exploit with creating new toons to get event currency and such, maybe it becomes account bound after completing the lv35 main quests or saving Summer's Hollow, whichever one is deemed more appropriate.
2) Make event zone consumables last 1 month after event zone closes. I understand that this has been a sour topic but I am not suggesting that they should be kept permanently.
When the event zone is about to end, all the leftover event currency is either wasted or buy whatever is possible which is typically just consumables because they are just leftover currency. The problem is, since you bought the consumables at the very end of the event, they are gone the next day which essentially means it is wasted currency.
An additional point, the relics in this raid season (after the latest update) are meant to expire 1 month after the raid season ends. This shows that it is entirely possible to make the event consumables expire 1 month after the event ends, not just when the event ends.

Zaphyra

Master Villager
Characters
Retired
I am typing this post as I sit in the event zone, it is a Saturday on US3, the most populated server. I entered the zone and found everything to be up, zings and elders, and I do not know how long they have been up. In the most populated server, you'd expect to find people in the event zone to do these bosses with but there isn't, I have asked in world chat if anyone wanted to join but there weren't enough takers.
I have heard that sugar sweet was meant for solo/small groups. That does not seem to be the case, the zings are on a 20minute timer, if this was truly for solo, it would be a 5minute timer or less. Bounties in regular zones have a 5minute timer additionally, past the first kill, the zings do not give any EZ currency, only the materials to make cosmetics with the recipes which means there is no substantial benefit from endlessly farming the zings. But, let's also check if they could be soloed from nonmax players, my warrior can take approximately 7 hits from a zing before dying, my fire wizard (much weaker) can take 2.
The elder bosses have a large health pool and depending on the boss, ranges from low damage to oneshots. (One shots are not fun, don't include them) Even if it's one of the lower damage elders, a nonmax player will quickly die without extensive support. Coupled with this event zone being catered for small zones, having timers that go up to 2 hours does not make sense, if this was for a small group of players, it should have a ladder format that the group can progress through, not wait 2 hours to challenge.
The current event zone, sugar sweet, does not retain any interest or play time. The elder bosses are seen as too strong, too much hp, take too much time to defeat, and there is no reason to do the elder bosses more than once a day which disincentives people from coming back to the event zone for each respawn creating what negative feedback loop of less and less participation. A majority of the event zone boss runs I have been in are simply a max player carrying the fights, this isn't fun.
Sugar sweet needs to be reworked and refocused. If it is meant for solo and small groups, the enemies and timers need to reflect that. If it is meant for groups of people, how people are scaled to the enemies need to be reworked because it currently just does not work. A level 95 healer should not be contributing 40% of the damage, 95% of the heals, and 100% of the tanking.

From the time I started waiting in the event zone to when I post this forum, it has been 1 hour and 30 minutes and not a single zing or boss has died.

These are general suggestions for all event zones.
1) Make event zone currency account bound, if one toon has 250 while another has 150, I would like to buy a little hat at the very end of the event, not buy treats that will expire immediately because these are the leftover event currency I had left.
Due to potential exploit with creating new toons to get event currency and such, maybe it becomes account bound after completing the lv35 main quests or saving Summer's Hollow, whichever one is deemed more appropriate.
2) Make event zone consumables last 1 month after event zone closes. I understand that this has been a sour topic but I am not suggesting that they should be kept permanently.
When the event zone is about to end, all the leftover event currency is either wasted or buy whatever is possible which is typically just consumables because they are just leftover currency. The problem is, since you bought the consumables at the very end of the event, they are gone the next day which essentially means it is wasted currency.
An additional point, the relics in this raid season (after the latest update) are meant to expire 1 month after the raid season ends. This shows that it is entirely possible to make the event consumables expire 1 month after the event ends, not just when the event ends.
I agree... I'd also like to see every Boss or Zing award scaled experience and event currency... to encourage players to make multiple EZ runs, each day. Maybe full rewards for the first run... half experience and a couple event currency, for each additional run. 🤔

Jytal

Servant of Mallok
Platform
iOS
Update: 3 and a half hours from when I first saw all elders were up to the first one dying

I think the best thing for Zings are for their timer to decrease and scaled down so they can truly be soloed, even by lower level or less geared players. No changes to the second kill rewards.
For elders it would depend on their intentions. If they are for small groups I'd go with ladder and not give additional rewards after first run. If they are kept as is with their timers, then any runs after the first should have decreased exp and event currency to incentivize repeat runs or rewarding people for helping other people with their runs.

Reactions: Raelin and Zaphyra
  • Likex2

Jytal

Servant of Mallok
Platform
iOS
Update today: All bosses in ez were up for at least 6 hours until they were finally fought. I don't know how long they were up prior to logging in so it could've been much longer than 6 hours but they were there and untouched for at least 6 hours.
I truly hope that next year Sugarsweet is changed to make it where people actually enjoy going to.

Reactions: Zysen, CaraLox and Zaphyra
  • Likex2
  • Sadx1

Zaphyra

Master Villager
Characters
Retired
Update today: All bosses in ez were up for at least 6 hours until they were finally fought. I don't know how long they were up prior to logging in so it could've been much longer than 6 hours but they were there and untouched for at least 6 hours.
I truly hope that next year Sugarsweet is changed to make it where people actually enjoy going to.
Me too. 😣

Allison Wonderland

Priestess
Royal Guardian
Platform
PC
I liked running Sugar when a bounty exploded random hats flew out. .. and they were tradable. Everyone ran all the time trying to get the collection And because they were tradable we kept running around so others would have the collection. Nothing like running with a quick snapper and laughing at your slow fingers just to have them open your trade window and seeing a gift of the hat.

Jolon

Adventurer
Characters
Jolon, Jenalya
Platform
iOS
🍭Sugarsweet Summit strikes me as needing a singular Big Bad from a thematic standpoint, someone who is causing mayhem that heroes need to pitch in to stop, à la Grinchypoo. 🍦🍬Toast’s winning Screenshot Hero entry this last sugary round was a toon dressed in the pink witch outfit with a green face mask looking sickly sweet and sinister amid all the pink, face peering into the camera as if challenging heroes to fight her, and it was glorious and prompted this thought. 🧁🍧🍰🍫

Having eight elders is simply too many for an enjoyable round of hero work, especially when credit for them works on a 22-hour reset like a normal bounty or elder, as opposed to Grinchta’s Lair elders. Perhaps knock four of them down to zingaras and just have one of each type as elder henchmen.

I think there is vital space in Sugarsweet for a Pumpkin Head-like character (non-exploitive of course 🙅‍♀️) offering a reason for people to answer the call to arms when she appears (meaning some amount of loot and XP beyond just the first kill). It would be marvelous if she had some ability that encourages active participation but doesn’t lag break the event zone.👩‍🎤

Reactions: Jytal and Zaphyra
  • Lovex1
  • Likex1

Rachielle

Hunter
Platform
iOS
I liked running Sugar when a bounty exploded random hats flew out. .. and they were tradable. Everyone ran all the time trying to get the collection And because they were tradable we kept running around so others would have the collection. Nothing like running with a quick snapper and laughing at your slow fingers just to have them open your trade window and seeing a gift of the hat.
OMG, this sounds like SO much fun! Yes, I would love to see bounties that behaved like pinatas. LOL! Especially if the "candy" was something innocuous but zany like random funny hats. OMG!

Reactions: Zaphyra
  • Likex1

justbequiet

Villager
Platform
iOS, PC
Agreed. Sugarsweet is probably my least favorite event zone coz there's little to no incentive to stick around when you finish doing 1 round/day. All the other event zones allow you to farm event currency even w/ a cooldown in place. This makes the event zone very empty especially when the server is outside peak hours (for US3, thats when America sleeps). In addition to what Jytal recommended, I also propose:
  • allowing people to farm event currency on the echos. (just like all the other EZ)
  • shorter cooldown on actual bounties from 22 hrs to 16 hrs (just like other EZ). That way, it doesnt feel like you can only farm at a specific time everyday.

Reactions: Zaphyra
  • Likex1

sirbabbo

Warrior
Platform
iOS
Funny thing is on the other side we killed the bounties muahhhhh lol jk.

I think a lot of people got the nameplate and just said nothing else for me that appeals. Bosses where a slug and the exp wasn’t worth the slugging fest. Maybe this would be a good idea to be a solo ez down the road.

Kitty the Hunter

Villager
Platform
PC
I would like a hidden grove with a community garden. Always thought we should have one of those. This suggestion has been partly stolen from the quality of life thread.

Regar

Grand Shaman
Platform
iOS
Agreed. Sugarsweet is probably my least favorite event zone coz there's little to no incentive to stick around when you finish doing 1 round/day. All the other event zones allow you to farm event currency even w/ a cooldown in place. This makes the event zone very empty especially when the server is outside peak hours (for US3, thats when America sleeps). In addition to what Jytal recommended, I also propose:
  • allowing people to farm event currency on the echos. (just like all the other EZ)
  • shorter cooldown on actual bounties from 22 hrs to 16 hrs (just like other EZ). That way, it doesnt feel like you can only farm at a specific time everyday.
I’d also like to see xp given more than once a day. Plenty of folks would hit it for the xp.

Jytal

Servant of Mallok
Platform
iOS
Last year I was so bored there I tried to kill myself by jumping off the bridge.
I try doing this during every ez run because they just take so long and to me it’s a race of what will kill me first. Jumping or boredom?

Zaphyra

Master Villager
Characters
Retired
I really enjoyed the Halloween and Christmas EZs... I truly hope the Devs are listening and considering changes for SugarSweet. It has so much potential and there are some great suggestions in this thread. I hope we'll see Sugarsweet 2.0 next year. 🍭🤤🍬

Allison Wonderland

Priestess
Royal Guardian
Platform
PC
I really enjoyed the Halloween and Christmas EZs... I truly hope the Devs are listening and considering changes for SugarSweet. It has so much potential and there are some great suggestions in this thread. I hope we'll see Sugarsweet 2.0 next year. 🍭🤤🍬
It's such a shame. The first year it was opened it was one of everyone's favorite zones. Maybe instead of 2.0 we could go back to 0.1.

It was so much fun to see who was willing to be the ritual sacrifice at Cadbury. When they would charge we all cheered at their bravery to face the deadly blast. We all had to be careful or Cad would charge and we would have many many sacrifices.

Reactions: Catori and Zaphyra
  • Likex2

Kitty the Hunter

Villager
Platform
PC
It's such a shame. The first year it was opened it was one of everyone's favorite zones. Maybe instead of 2.0 we could go back to 0.1.

It was so much fun to see who was willing to be the ritual sacrifice at Cadbury. When they would charge we all cheered at their bravery to face the deadly blast. We all had to be careful or Cad would charge and we would have many many sacrifices.
Sugar was so fun then! We complained until all the ez have been nerfed. I can't think of a sensible solution that would satisfy everyone.