High Inquisitor

Master Villager
Characters
High Inquisitor
Platform
Android
Last edited
Spam. In the game on a mobile device there is a lot of spam in the game. For example: you killed a bounty, they write to you you killed a bounty, collected liandras gift, and etc.
But the most nightmare begins when you collect resources .when collecting tips, they fail to write what they collected and this is a very freezing game, and they close the bafs strip and when you open the bag nothing can be divided or sorted, because the tips close these buttons. And the worst thing is when you end gathering
the game takes 2-3 minutes to write what you gather and how much exp gain. This is very annoying. Next.
When you click a thing in the inventory on the left in the window it writes its characteristics, and if you hold it longer it will EXACTLY THE SAME TIP describing the thing. Why is this duplication?
even when I want to move a thing and hold my finger a bit on the thing, the game thinks that I want to see a DUPLICATE HINT and AGAIN POPPING A WINDOW WITH A TIP!
This is HORRIBLE, please remove this spam from the game.
TELL STOP SPAM !:cool:
I want push spell,but open tipScreenshot_20190206-175239.pngI want vewe characteristiks but open tipScreenshot_20190206-174900.png
TIPS TIPS DOUBLE TIPS DOUBLE TIPS!!!Screenshot_20190206-175322.pngScreenshot_20190206-174829.pngScreenshot_20190206-174943.pngScreenshot_20190206-174645.png
TIPS CLOSED PUSHING BUTTOM INVENTORY SORTScreenshot_20190206-174657.pngCLOSED SEE BUFFS/DEBAFSScreenshot_20190206-174900.pngScreenshot_20190206-174718.pngCLOSED BUTTOM MAIL

Attachments

High Inquisitor

Master Villager
Characters
High Inquisitor
Platform
Android
Last edited
There is a button SHOW CHAT POPUPS
Make the SHOW TIPS button.
So that it can be turned off.;)

dustbunny

Squirrel
Platform
iOS, PC
Wow somebody's gotta relax...
The pop ups a can be very very annoying. I do understand what she is saying. I HATE HATE HATE when it asks me if I am stuck, or do I really want to take that gear off. I've player for 8 years and think I know what I am doing.... most of the time :). I put up with pop up if it makes the devs job easier. I still hate them but I would rather the devs work on new content than answer tickets because people do not pay attention.

SO, to tell someone to relax over something that annoys them seemed a bit rude since we don't know what does or does not make someone feel annoyed.

High Inquisitor

Master Villager
Characters
High Inquisitor
Platform
Android
We are making improvements to this in a future update. :)
I want to explain the reason why I am angry. The screen on the mobile device is so small and when it is constantly closed by hints that cannot be turned off is bad. ESPECIALLY WHEN ALL THE TIPS ARE DUBLISHED. Excuse me, but my brain is not see logic in DOUBLE TIP ;).

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
I'm too short on time [and lazy] to go dig up the source link, but the devs have already addressed the 'Are you stuck' and 'Are you sure you wish to...' popups. While they are reluctant to remove them entirely or allow them to be set to off, they have decided to limit them to low-level characters. Seeing as how these popups do actually serve a purpose for new players and the first several levels of the game do not constitute that much active play time, I feel this is a workable solution and a fair compromise on the part of the devs. This should be one of the next UI improvements to come to both mobile and pc and I anticipate it will be a part of the next major build if it is ready in time to be included.

As for the other UI issues, specific to mobile, all I can say is that the devs have repeatedly stated the mobile UI remains a 'work in progress' and it is in a continuing state of development. Bear in mind that the first priority is to bring the full functionality of pc to mobile players so that both interfaces are comparable in terms of function. Tailoring that function into a form best suited to the mobile interface is also important, but secondary to having the actual function, itself. It's a matter of priorities, but that does not mean customizing the mobile UI is not a priority for Mad Otter. I can assure you that it is and that it will remain so for some time to come.

As for the tone of this thread, in general, I am of mixed opinion. As someone that has posted many negative threads and comments, I firmly believe that a well-worded complaint is just as valid and helpful as a positive observation or suggestion. Positive threads are always appreciated, but negative observations and complaints help devs to isolate areas of the game that need attention. This, however, does not mean complaints have to be registered in attack mode in order to be effective. I get the fact that a clunky UI is annoying. I also get the fact that waiting for improvements to come along can be tiresome. I completely understand how this can make players angry, but it does not really accomplish anything to unleash that anger on a team of devs that are already working to resolve the issues. Presenting a valid complaint in a constructive manner is not an art form; it's a simple courtesy.

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
the devs have already addressed the 'Are you stuck' and 'Are you sure you wish to...' popups. While they are reluctant to remove them entirely or allow them to be set to off, they have decided to limit them to low-level characters. Seeing as how these popups do actually serve a purpose for new players and the first several levels of the game do not constitute that much active play time, I feel this is a workable solution and a fair compromise on the part of the devs. This should be one of the next UI improvements to come to both mobile and pc and I anticipate it will be a part of the next major build if it is ready in time to be included.
This change was the ONLY new feature or fix to make it into Monday's update -- the one that also removed the event zone. It wasn't announced and there weren't any patch notes, but now, if your combat is over a certain level you will no longer see the "Are you stuck?" and "Are you sure you wish to?" pop ups!

(My only wish is that like the ability to vote in mayoral elections, it also took rebirths into account! I'm incredibly happy about the change, but I wish that my little lvl 23 warrior who has completed the lvl 30 and 45 rebirths didn't have to put up with the silly pop ups! Even still, dealing with them on only ONE toon instead of all 4 is a great improvement!) :D

Reactions: Panthera
  • Likex1

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
Thanks for the info, Zazie. I was unaware anything went into the last update aside from the EZ removal. Good to know.

Wakke

Warrior
Platform
iOS
I agree, the spam stinks and if you are gathering, the spam blocks your buffs on a tablet. Which I find annoying that I have to stop gathering in order to see my buff times.

Status
Not open for further replies.