Aaliagh

Wizard
Last edited
My gear is top notch, all legendary, all enhanced, all with highest reinforcement available; with crit chance/dmg & cooldown priorities. And hasn't changed since the big nerf before which I was top damage. None of the feats that were changed in the nerf are affected since I already prioritize damage. As of raid--even with buffs and high dungee and my high lvl I still had ppl with much lower lvls including dungee lvls beat my damage by A Lot. Bottom line: I did everything to make sure I have as much damage as I can get. It's not my build that is the problem. Clue to that: I'm Not the Only ice wiz that is unhappy and struggling. Doesn't matter though, no matter what kind of proof I provide it's either completely disregarded or talked down, even though I did more than enough work with many other toons in terms of comparing builds, feats and damage. I'm done, the point is moot. That's why I only do stuff on my wiz once in a blue moon, it frustrates me to the point of not wanting to play altogether.

Reactions: Renaiss
  • Likex1

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
My gear is top notch with crit chance/dmg & cooldown priorities. And hasn't changed since the big nerf before which I was top damage. None of the feats that were changed in the nerf are affected since I already prioritize damage. As of raid--even with buffs and high dungee and my high lvl I still had ppl with much lower lvls including dungee lvls beat my damage by A Lot. Bottom line: I did everything to make sure I have as much damage as I can get. It's not my build that is the problem. Clue to that: I'm Not the Only ice wiz that is unhappy and struggling. Doesn't matter though, no matter what kind of proof I provide it's either completely disregarded or talked down, even though I did more than enough work with many other toons in terms of comparing builds, feats and damage. I'm done, the point is moot. That's why I only do stuff on my wiz once in a blue moon, it frustrates me to the point of not wanting to play altogether.
But others may have changed theirs.

But I have suggested in this thread and others to please tell the Devs what you would like to see improved. Maybe something they had not thought of but you did?

Reactions: Xantia
  • Likex1

Xantia

Arch Wizard
Characters
Xantia
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
Doesn't matter though, no matter what kind of proof I provide it's either completely disregarded or talked down, even though I did more than enough work with many other toons in terms of comparing builds, feats and damage. I'm done, the point is moot.
Your feedback matters, the Otters are still listening. I hope you'll vote in the poll and use the template in the first post, to give our Devs some updated feedback:

Reactions: Renaiss and Zazie
  • Likex2

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Doesn't matter though, no matter what kind of proof I provide it's either completely disregarded or talked down, even though I did more than enough work with many other toons in terms of comparing builds, feats and damage.
I'm not sure how to explain that comparing your class to others isn't what they would like to hear from players. The Devs want to know what you would like for your class, not how you feel your class is left out or the other classes are better.
We all see you are unhappy and want to help but you need to say why you are unhappy. What do you feel is missing in your toon?

Reactions: Zazie and Xantia
  • Likex2

Aaliagh

Wizard
Last edited
But others may have changed theirs.

But I have suggested in this thread and others to please tell the Devs what you would like to see improved. Maybe something they had not thought of but you did?
maybe they did change Their gear, however there is nothing I Can change to. Simply cuz there are no higher runes for reinforcement, as far as rating goes I'm already 1010-1018, the only chance of getting better rating on some of my things would be completing higher heroic raids to get drops which I can't complete because guess what? lack of damage lol. And waiting for a group of people to do a high heroic is slim to none as I don't have all day to sit and wait. And I will not believe that all of those people with higher damage have All of their gear at 1019. The only thing that I can change to higher rating is my staff, which is 1018 while highest is 1019, which isn't gonna make a difference, not enough to cover that drastic gap of damage. As far as figuring what can be done to improve that--it's pretty clear that it was the ice javelin talent change that affected my damage so drastic, as well as changes to how ice power works; while I don't suggest that the jav should be changed back to what it was (150% dmg) as the Devs Clearly don't want the ice wiz to be top dmg, (not sure what they want the ice wiz to be in general as there isn't anything unique to this subclass at the moment) it can definitely be changed to something more feasible than what it is right now. With all due respect to the devs, it is not my job to figure out what can be done to fix the nerf, even though many are witnesses I tried to do what I could.

• Likex1

Aaliagh

Wizard
Your feedback matters, the Otters are still listening. I hope you'll vote in the poll and use the template in the first post, to give our Devs some updated feedback:

thank you Xantia

Reactions: Renaiss, Zazie and Xantia
  • Happyx2
  • Likex1

Aaliagh

Wizard
I'm not sure how to explain that comparing your class to others isn't what they would like to hear from players. The Devs want to know what you would like for your class, not how you feel your class is left out or the other classes are better.
We all see you are unhappy and want to help but you need to say why you are unhappy. What do you feel is missing in your toon?
I can't be more obvious, I been screaming it the whole time :) The only reason why I compare myself to other classes is to show that there isn't balance in fact. I've compared myself to others, I've compared myself to myself before the build, I don't see anything else that I can do. The damage is missing and I've made that very clear. Imho the devs should overlook the changes they made and reverse or change some of them. Like the ice power for example. I just think the devs know what they did so I don't see why I, a player, should be telling them what they did and what they need to change, they should know better than me. Even though I tried to give some feedback, but like I said, it was disregarded. I gave great detail in some older posts and don't see why I should put more effort in it if it's moot anyway.
Anyway, thanks to everyone who's trying to help, I appreciate the sympathy; done voicing my disappointment, thanks for your attention & compassion everyone.

Reactions: Renaiss and Grz
  • Likex2

Renaiss

Reader
Although feedback with statistics or specific suggestions for improvements is likely to be more useful for the Devs, I did start this thread as a place where players could express their feelings about the current state of balance. Given the complexities of the combat system (gear, stats, & talents), some players simply may not know which of the multitude of "balance" changes are causing problems for them. Whether it's due to survivability issues or the loss of any "wow" factor, some players only know that they no longer enjoy playing a certain toon (or the game as a whole). Since players' feelings about the "balance" changes may cause them to change their subclass, "retire" certain toons, or quit the game entirely, this type of feedback is (or should be) relevant.

Having said all that, I'd now like to encourage everyone to participate in Xantia's class-specific polls (in Game Suggestions)! The more players who vote in these polls the better, so make your voices heard!

Xantia

Arch Wizard
Characters
Xantia
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
Having said all that, I'd now like to encourage everyone to participate in Xantia's class-specific polls (in Game Suggestions)! The more players who vote in these polls the better, so make your voices heard!
Thank you Renaiss. 😊 🍻😊

• Happyx1

Agber

Citizen
Characters
Terraform, Catweazel, Last Post, Aquafer treesplit, Sister Edith, Little Syb, Thrang.
Platform
  1. PC
Attached is a dmg chart of regular ladder in Twilight. #2 dmg is a lvl 80 fire wiz. #3 is me, a lvl 95 elder lvl 35 ice wiz. How is this balance? I mean, I understand the devs want the fire wiz to be real dmg and ice wiz to be who knows what, however I feel that is Way Too Drastic of a difference in dmg.
The main problem with this argument, is that it is for a ladder in an Event Zone. The combatants may have been in the EZ prior to the ladder. Therefore the damage might be from a Prisma and bounties beforehand. We cannot know.

Agber

Citizen
Characters
Terraform, Catweazel, Last Post, Aquafer treesplit, Sister Edith, Little Syb, Thrang.
Platform
  1. PC
The main problem with this argument, is that it is for a ladder in an Event Zone. The combatants may have been in the EZ prior to the ladder. Therefore the damage might be from a Prisma and bounties beforehand. We cannot know.
There exist so many variables which come into play when engaged in large scale group combat. Players have different impacts on the players about them. If a healer is present, for example, they can impact very differently on various players, depending on what is contained in the other players builds. And this is true for many classes, they have an impact, on other players about them. I know very little about Ice Wizards.
I know Frostfire serves both Fire and Ice, but have never even considered making an Ice Wiz. So I cannot really comment on Ice Wizard builds.
Following the Mana Patch though I looked very closely at the options available. And tried to maximize damage, on my Fire Wiz. to the point where I could stay alive, haha, I also looked at changing to feats which were better suited to the balancing.
If an Ice Wizard is top heavy in defensive capacities and goes to sleep trying to kill things, then I would take another look at your ultimate talents and which feats are better suited to increasing damage.

Reactions: Zazie and Xantia
  • Likex2

Aaliagh

Wizard
No, it may not. As I started the ladder I reset the charts, I always do. And I know exactly who was in the ladder from that chart, so even if some player was on there that was not in the ladder at the moment, I did not count them.

Aaliagh

Wizard
If an Ice Wizard is top heavy in defensive capacities and goes to sleep trying to kill things, then I would take another look at your ultimate talents and which feats are better suited to increasing damage.
Been there, done that. I was fixated on damage from the get go and made sure that all the talents that could increase my damage were put to use. Thanks for the advice though, maybe someone else might find it useful :)

Agber

Citizen
Characters
Platform
  1. PC
There exist so many variables which come into play when engaged in large scale group combat. Players have different impacts on the players about them. If a healer is present, for example, they can impact very differently on various players, depending on what is contained in the other players builds. And this is true for many classes, they have an impact, on other players about them. I know very little about Ice Wizards.
I know Frostfire serves both Fire and Ice, but have never even considered making an Ice Wiz. So I cannot really comment on Ice Wizard builds.
Following the Mana Patch though I looked very closely at the options available. And tried to maximize damage, on my Fire Wiz. to the point where I could stay alive, haha, I also looked at changing to feats which were better suited to the balancing.
Always bear in mind, that feats used in one setting, solo, are more likely to have instant damaging characteristics, and in that setting, are more damaging. But in long drawn out battles with many participants the DoT feats come into there own, and will out-damage the instant damaging feats. The ultimate talents need to be in accord with the feats you select, instant damage or DoT. It is also very good to look for ultimate talents which actually boost another ultimate talent.
One last point on this, when engaging in combat, I always try and have my spell power and masteries as high as I can, using the runes of both varieties on my gear, if I can.

Reactions: Zazie
  • Likex1