Renaiss

Reader
Since the State of Balance Discussion thread has been closed, I'm starting this thread to reply to certain comments which were made there. Also, since V posted some proposed changes to marksman hunters (post #109) less than an hour before the thread was closed, I think player deserve an opportunity to provide feedback on those changes. (Sorry, but I don't know how to do a link, lol.)

This saga began in the State of Balance Discussion at post #79, when a MM hunter pointed out that this subclass is struggling with solo content and asked for a self-healing option in the MM talent tree. Eventually, V replied (#91), "Marksman Hunters have a self-heal (Bandage) available as a weapon spell. Is Bandage unable to provide enough healing for soloing content?" The MM hunter felt this response was dismissive, and I agreed. I also pointed out that my level 66 MM alt can only use crafted gear because she hasn't unlocked any zones near her level. Bandage is only available, randomly, on dropped MM bows. Another MM player mentioned the issue of Bandage requiring the use of a weapon slot, and also indicated a preference for a talent-based option. In response to the suggestion that people hadn't read/should re-read V's post, I made the mistake of challenging V's assumption that every MM hunter has the ability to use Bandage for self-healing. V replied (#108) with this: "If players choose not to leverage the self-healing spell available to their class for the sake of damage, then any issues with survivability are self-inflicted." He then went on to compare this to players who choose not to put points into their subclass' self-healing talent.

Apparently, getting a random drop of an appropriate level is just as easy as putting a few talent points in a self-healing option. Therefore, every MM hunter who struggles with survivability should just keep quiet about it, because it's our own fault. Yep, it's my fault that a bug caused my MM alt to level up too fast in 2020's Haunted Moors and got her out of sync with her quests. It's my fault that the zones at her level are locked. It's my fault that dropped gear is so random and is frequently for the wrong class or subclass. It's my fault for not being clairvoyant and knowing what was to come when I chose MM for my first alt.

Ironically, in post #109 (State of Balance Discussion), V mentioned the possibility of adding some health regen to Murder. Instead of giving MM hunters a talent-based self-heal option, or adding some health regen to a spell (Slowing Shot?) from a crafted weapon, which any player could get, let's just leave MM hunters entirely dependent on the randomness of dropped gear. Sounds fair to me.

Assuming this thread doesn't get taken down or unceremoniously closed, players are welcome to post their feelings about the "state of balance" here. If you'd rather post about stats and the more technical aspects of the mana build changes, please feel free to do so. I doubt it will make any difference, but I think we all deserve an opportunity to be heard. Thanks for reading!

Grz

Reader
Platform
  1. Android
V wasn't getting enough valuable feedback... so it was axed. Like 0.05% my fault overall but it's not like what I say will happen and it takes a lot of time and effort too to construct feedback you're not sure is what he wants to hear. o_O

Reactions: Dawnfire and Renaiss
  • Likex2

Xantia

Arch Wizard
Characters
Xantia
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
I believe the State of Balance thread was closed, because it had degenerated into an unproductive series of personal attacks against V and the Otters. 😬☹️

As far as V being dismissive about the need for MM self-heals... sometimes I think misunderstandings happen, because we can't hear the "tone" in which something is said (which is why I use a lot of emojis, to convey the emotion behind my words). 🙂

V asked for the following info, when submitting our feedback:
In order to properly evaluate each individual point of feedback and ascertain which elements are in need of adjustment, certain details are essential and should be included by posters. When submitting feedback regarding a certain class, please provide as much of the following as possible:

• Class & Sub-class (if applicable)
  • Level & number of rebirths
  • Screenshots or thorough synopsis of the character's build (talent configuration, spell loadout, stat investment)
  • Screenshots of performance metrics (damage / healing / threat charts)
    • Please indicate which content these metrics took place in, such as event zones, Raids, 95 Elders or other scaled environments versus unscaled zones and Elders
  • How many mana potions do you consume on average during bounty runs, raids, elders?
  • Additional information, likes, dislikes, suggestions etc.
It's vital for as many players as possible to speak up to both voice their concerns as well as point out which aspects of their class they find engaging or valuable. Please keep all discussion civil, on topic and as comprehensive as possible.

If we really want the Devs to listen to our feedback, then we should probably be polite and provide all the info they ask for, so they can make informed decisions. 🙂🙆‍♀️🙇‍♀️

Dawnfire

Lumineer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Athon Dawnfire
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
I did not post but did follow that thread. V asked for a feedback in a specific way as quoted by Xantia. Very few posters did that. And also it got derailed sometimes. It's very hard to balance a class when people have different opinions and views. Who do you listen to? And why that person? If player A can solo with X class but player B can't, how do you make changes if you make any? So numbers and statistics are a way to see things, they are more objective and easier to compare and easier to base changes upon them. But with lots of scaling and different setups and player skill, even then it is quite a task especially for a single person to oversee all the classes and subclasses, hence asking for a feedback from the community. Nonetheless I understand most of the posters too. They feel frustrated by the changes, and I believe it shouldnt be expected of them to test things very deeply with lots of numbers and then present that on the forums. But without them as stated earlier if players have conflicting views, it becomes hard to balance. The other issue being that forum users are a minority and usually those having issues/ideas are the ones present here, so maybe lot of people actually enjoy it, they are just not vocal.

If I were a dev, I'd take this in a much slower approach. Like one class at a time. Work closely with community members. Have in game votes to see if a change is needed or not (voting requirement could be lvl 50-60 with said subclass or equivalent rebirth). Like round 1 do you enjoy playing x class. If majority says no, round two do you have issue with damage, survivability, group usefulness etc. This would survey the problem areas. Round 3 working out fixes and implementing them, and yet again asking for voting feedback, do you like xy change or does it need more work. And keep repeating this until majority of voters is satisfied. This would be a slower, and might prone to some trolling, approach, but I believe it would be more in touch with what most players want. But then again I'm sitting in my armchair, so it might not be so simple.

I'm sure that thread already showed off which subclasses prolly need some more love, and I have faith in V to come through. If you read this V, not all changes were bad, I liked how war cry warrior got more fleshed out, I think both fury and lightning is better too (even if it's not all sunshine) and I just love water shamans a lot now. I think each class brining something unique and desirable to the group, while also feeling distinct and solo capable is the goal here, and hopefully we can take more steps toward that in the future :)

Halleebell

Squirrel
Characters
Hallee/Freyra
Platform
  1. iOS
  2. PC
I’m sorry does this game not have testers WHO applied for it? Are the testers not giving this type of feedback? Or are they simply testing to see all the new and exciting things coming to v&h?
If I wanted to crunch numbers, compare notes and keep spread sheets. I would of applied to become a tester a Long time ago.
just because I don’t sit here and do all those things doesn’t mean I do not see problems or notice changes to my alts. In fact I see them quite clearly I just refuse to make the game a chore or work. If a players feedback is not going to be received because we are trying to enjoy the game the way we see fit then what’s the point of even posting to the regular forum? You might as well just post it to test forum and leave it at that.
Players who do all those things are the OP players. The players who want to be the best of the best. I just want to be able to perform my role and be able to solo content with ease. Again as I said in that thread dying here and there is a givin, crafting some gear is a givin. But my alts shouldn’t suffer because they are to busy balancing the game for group content and your op players.
I don’t expect to solo raids to plat and I don’t expect to solo elders. What I do expect is to solo content that is meant to be solod without have to spend a arm and a leg to do it. Like I had said in the other post at lvl 61ish I spent over 100 gold for two pieces of gear there are technically 7 pieces of gear you can craft if you are counting trinkets. This also isn’t including dram, pots, food. Also if you are a hunter lvling you will most likely be buying pelts to not only craft but survive basic content. So it’s either die waaaaay to much or spend every gold piece you have. But sorry my feedback is null and void cause I won’t take videos, screenshots, and write down numbers. 🤷🏼‍♀️

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Last edited
I'm not sure why you think your posts on V's original thread were not seen or read, but they were. The Devs do not post threads asking for input and then not read them or take what is posted into account. Please rest assured your comments have been noted.

Renaiss

Reader
If players can't question, criticize, or challenge a Dev's remarks, or the attitude being conveyed by those remarks, without being accused of "personally attacking" them, then we really don't have a voice in Forums. This is particularly true if a Dev cherry-picks one thing a player says (a word or sentence), takes it out of context, and uses it as a cudgel to dismiss or dispute everything else that player has said.

The MM hunter referenced in my OP had submitted 4, fairly lengthy & detailed posts regarding class imbalances with survivability, and specifically requesting a talent-based self-heal option for MM hunters. Near the end of the 4th post, that player compared 2 other classes' talents, with self-heal options, to MM's talents, with no self-heal option. Although V "replied" to the paragraph regarding MM's talents, he took the final sentence out of context (talents) to dispute what the player had said, dismiss their key points, and change the subject to Bandage's effectiveness. (In post #108, he likewise took part of a sentence out of context to justify his "self-inflicted" comment.) My daddy always said, "Don't pick a fight you can't finish": I guess that doesn't apply when you can just close a thread and blame it on others.

When a player takes the time to provide the onerous feedback a Dev wants and gets a dismissive argument for their trouble, it should come as no surprise that some of us feel that our feedback on the mana build/balance changes doesn't matter and isn't wanted. We care about having fun and being able to survive when playing solo, things that aren't relevant to balancing the classes for group content, so our feedback on the things we care about isn't relevant either. "Reading" player feedback is pointless if the reader has already decided that some feedback is not worthy of consideration.

Platform
  1. PC
I’m sorry does this game not have testers WHO applied for it? Are the testers not giving this type of feedback? Or are they simply testing to see all the new and exciting things coming to v&h?
If I wanted to crunch numbers, compare notes and keep spread sheets. I would of applied to become a tester a Long time ago.
just because I don’t sit here and do all those things doesn’t mean I do not see problems or notice changes to my alts. In fact I see them quite clearly I just refuse to make the game a chore or work. If a players feedback is not going to be received because we are trying to enjoy the game the way we see fit then what’s the point of even posting to the regular forum? You might as well just post it to test forum and leave it at that.
Players who do all those things are the OP players. The players who want to be the best of the best. I just want to be able to perform my role and be able to solo content with ease. Again as I said in that thread dying here and there is a givin, crafting some gear is a givin. But my alts shouldn’t suffer because they are to busy balancing the game for group content and your op players.
I don’t expect to solo raids to plat and I don’t expect to solo elders. What I do expect is to solo content that is meant to be solod without have to spend a arm and a leg to do it. Like I had said in the other post at lvl 61ish I spent over 100 gold for two pieces of gear there are technically 7 pieces of gear you can craft if you are counting trinkets. This also isn’t including dram, pots, food. Also if you are a hunter lvling you will most likely be buying pelts to not only craft but survive basic content. So it’s either die waaaaay to much or spend every gold piece you have. But sorry my feedback is null and void cause I won’t take videos, screenshots, and write down numbers. 🤷🏼‍♀️
I haven't played my MM since Starfall, so can't really comment on the current state of things. However, I feel the need to respond because it seems any time there is a change that players don't like, people go after the testers.

1. Yes, the game has testers - who volunteer to look for bugs, make sure the game is working properly (or try to break it if requested).
2. Testers, in general, do not do maths, spreadsheets, or detailed work like that.
3. While testers DO provide some feedback, there would not be enough feedback from that group to be worthwhile when it comes to class balancing. Every player does things a bit differently, and there simply are not enough testers to either attempt every kind of build OR provide meaningful feedback. Some players will like the changes; some will not.

Regarding the idea that your feedback is 'meaningless', I highly doubt this is the case. While it may not be responded to, I'm sure it was noted - along with all the other feedback... So that IF changes are needed (see my paragraph 1 - I'm completely neutral on this class), it can be determined what would help the class overall.

I have known several of the devs and forum moderators for a very long time. While sometimes I agree with them, sometimes I do not. But - I CAN say for certain that the devs are paying attention to any constructive feedback that they get. And forum moderators (or devs) do not close any thread because of a simple statement that disagrees with what a dev (or mod) says. Threads WILL get closed if it turns into a 'flame war' though.

Just my 2 cents... and the only reason I quoted the post that I did was because of the statement(s) on testers. :) No offense is meant by anything I've typed.

Halleebell

Squirrel
Characters
Hallee/Freyra
Platform
  1. iOS
  2. PC
Last edited
I haven't played my MM since Starfall, so can't really comment on the current state of things. However, I feel the need to respond because it seems any time there is a change that players don't like, people go after the testers.

1. Yes, the game has testers - who volunteer to look for bugs, make sure the game is working properly (or try to break it if requested).
2. Testers, in general, do not do maths, spreadsheets, or detailed work like that.
3. While testers DO provide some feedback, there would not be enough feedback from that group to be worthwhile when it comes to class balancing. Every player does things a bit differently, and there simply are not enough testers to either attempt every kind of build OR provide meaningful feedback. Some players will like the changes; some will not.

Regarding the idea that your feedback is 'meaningless', I highly doubt this is the case. While it may not be responded to, I'm sure it was noted - along with all the other feedback... So that IF changes are needed (see my paragraph 1 - I'm completely neutral on this class), it can be determined what would help the class overall.

I have known several of the devs and forum moderators for a very long time. While sometimes I agree with them, sometimes I do not. But - I CAN say for certain that the devs are paying attention to any constructive feedback that they get. And forum moderators (or devs) do not close any thread because of a simple statement that disagrees with what a dev (or mod) says. Threads WILL get closed if it turns into a 'flame war' though.

Just my 2 cents... and the only reason I quoted the post that I did was because of the statement(s) on testers. :) No offense is meant by anything I've typed.
Lol I do not take offense to this. But I think something needs to change with the testing. Whether that be giving an incentive to become a tester and the devs becoming selective of who they pick. Or when they are trying to “balance” the game that is what the testers focus on. This could all be avoided with the right planning.

also I don’t mean money as the incentive lol but A.S, special outfits, mounts. I do know there are people who play this game who understand the fundamentals of gaming and can either predict problems and or even come up with fix’s. I’m clearly not one of those people. Lol I understand math fairly well but have zero desire to put that much work into the game. Unless I’m comparing stats and runes on gear or counting gem totals 😬

Reactions: Dawnfire and Renaiss
  • Likex2

Renaiss

Reader
Thank you for the information! I think a lot of us really don't know what testers do or the feedback they're expected to provide. Knowing more about how things work is very helpful, so this information is much appreciated. :) I am curious though: do testers get to voice their opinions on any changes they're testing, and what happens if the opinions are mostly negative?

Lol I do not take offense to this. But I think something needs to change with the testing. Wether that be giving an incentive to become a tester and the devs becoming selective of who they pick. Or when they are trying to “balance” the game that is what the testers focus on. This could all be avoided with the right planning.

also I don’t mean money as the incentive lol but A.S, special outfits, mounts. I do know there are people who play this game who understand the fundamentals of gaming and can either predict problems and or even come up with fix’s. I’m clearly not one of those people. Lol I understand math fairly well but have zero desire to put that much work into the game. Unless I’m comparing stats and runes on gear or counting gem totals 😬
You have some good ideas here! Incentives probably aren't necessary for some types of testing, like the character migration, but they could be very useful for testing big changes that affect all players, like the mana build. Encouraging more players to take part in the testing (small reward) and provide detailed feedback (big reward) might have prevented a lot of the frustration & unhappiness so many players have felt since that build went live. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20. 👀

Platform
  1. PC
Thank you for the information! I think a lot of us really don't know what testers do or the feedback they're expected to provide. Knowing more about how things work is very helpful, so this information is much appreciated. :) I am curious though: do testers get to voice their opinions on any changes they're testing, and what happens if the opinions are mostly negative?

You have some good ideas here! Incentives probably aren't necessary for some types of testing, like the character migration, but they could be very useful for testing big changes that affect all players, like the mana build. Encouraging more players to take part in the testing (small reward) and provide detailed feedback (big reward) might have prevented a lot of the frustration & unhappiness so many players have felt since that build went live. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20. 👀
Testers can (and do) provide feedback. The developers look at that feedback and decide what to do from there. Any more specific info would have to come from devs - I don't know how much I can divulge. :)

Regarding the mana changes - I think those would have happened no matter what feedback they got. Mana has been an issue for years and needed to be fixed. If they didn't fix the mana thing, then they couldn't tell if there are other issues with various classes. Simply put, the way that mana was, all classes were OP. Now that the mana is fixed, they can look at issues at each specific class. Are those issues due to players wanting characters that are over powered? Or is there an actual issue that needs to be changed. From there, they can do tweaks to get things where the devs want them for the betterment of the entire game.

Over the years, there have been MANY changes.... Some of them I've liked. Some of them almost made me quit playing because I disliked them so much. Some of those changes I STILL don't like (even though it's been years since implementation). However, I can see that in the grand scope of things, even the changes I don't like were/are necessary to make the game better as a whole.

dahxvy

Reader
Platform
  1. iOS
  2. PC
Last edited
Andrea Ritchie, researcher in residence on race, gender, sexuality, and criminalization at the Barnard Center for Research on Women, defines "public safety" as meeting the needs of our communities without leaving anyone behind.

192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1

Reactions: Xantia
  • Hahax1

Aaliagh

Wizard
I actually did that, it took me a few hours of work, and guess what? my post was Completely ignored. I've been posting both details and rants ever since the "f the ice wizard" mana build, and it's mostly been dismissed. At this point, ice wizard did get some changes and SLIGHTLY improved, but guess what? My average dps used to be 37K and over. Now, even after the dev's efforts and latest changes, my average is 13-14K with 23K At Best. Mostly 13-14 though. Now I understand they don't want me to be the bad arse dpser that I used to be, but taking over 50% of damage away from me seems absolutely unfair and is quite infuriating. Now I haven't completely given up on the game but I'm literally hanging by a thread of hope that perhaps these changes are not final and there will be progress in the future...but I refuse to do any more work for it to just be ignored again.

Reactions: Balanced and Renaiss
  • Likex2

Renaiss

Reader
As with MM hunters, the patch notes don't provide any info about the supposed "improvements" to ice wizards' talents: has anything been posted in forums about the specific changes to the ice talent tree?
At this point, ice wizard did get some changes and SLIGHTLY improved, but guess what? My average dps used to be 37K and over. Now, even after the dev's efforts and latest changes, my average is 13-14K with 23K At Best. Mostly 13-14 though. Now I understand they don't want me to be the bad arse dpser that I used to be, but taking over 50% of damage away from me seems absolutely unfair and is quite infuriating.
It is unfair. Prior to the mana build, neither ice wizards nor MM hunters were overpowered, so neither subclass needed to be nerfed. Neither was a player favorite either, although I do think ice was more popular than MM was. So, again, making these 2 "damage dealer" subclasses weaker, whether in terms of DPS or survivability, was unnecessary. The changes to these subclasses weren't fair to those who were already invested in leveling their toons. The changes are also unfair to new players, who may choose one of these subclasses based on the "damage dealer" descriptions during character creation.
Now I haven't completely given up on the game but I'm literally hanging by a thread of hope that perhaps these changes are not final and there will be progress in the future...but I refuse to do any more work for it to just be ignored again.
Before the Vale update, I was where you are now: clinging to the (false) hope that the Devs might reverse course on many, if not all, of the "balance" changes. When their response to a MM player's request for a talent-based self-heal option was so clearly intended to benefit the few and not the many, I gave up and uninstalled the game. I hope things will change before you reach this point too.

Reactions: Balanceplayer
  • Likex1

Mudcart

Adventurer
Platform
  1. Android
Last edited
I'm still wondering who thought it was good to nerf any class in the first place, 6 months ago it was fun, super fun playing a holy priest and tho overpowered in some opinion, it essentially quite enjoyable. Flash forward toward the middle to end of sugar sweet event, it was devastating, I could no longer tank bosses , nor adequately heal my friends. Sure the mana greatly Improved the game but, at the cost of making things unenjoyable.
Why does it need balanced? Let players decide what class they want to be, and why can't a wizard, hunter, or priest be a tank? And be good at magic, and healing, that's always bothered me, just cause your that class your weak, ridiculous, that's like saying, a mixed martial arts master is weak, cause they teach ballet classes. It doest make sense anyone can be strong, if they make the effort to do so. Stop making your game like ever other cookie cutter mmo out there, and instead of nerfing everyone, and murdering fun with the nonsense, that everyone should stay in there role, and shut their mouth, you should have just improve the other classes instead. Sure this balance doesn't effect the new players that join, that wouldn't know how things were, but don't forget about the hundred and thousands of us that have been with you otters through the years, that enjoyed what we had. bring back the fun, and be unique Otters! Thanks for your time.

Xantia

Arch Wizard
Characters
Xantia
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
Let players decide what class they want to be, and why can't a wizard, hunter, or priest be a tank?
I've been thinking a lot about this issue. 🤔

I feel like choosing a class, should be about estetics and play style. What looks good to you? Do you want to be dps, tank or heals? Do you enjoy melee or ranged or a bit of both? 🤷‍♀️

I feel like the term "balanced", should mean that all classes have equal, basic abilities and whether or not we're OP, should depend on how we build our toon. Do we build a glass-cannon or a tank? Do we build for solo or group play? Do we focus on one Mastery or Hybrid? Do we invest in mana/health or use pots? 🤓

On US3, I've run many Raids, 95s, Ladders, etc... with Hunters or Shaman as very successful tanks. I never once thought they were playing or building their toons incorrectly. I simply thought they'd done an excellent job, building very strong characters. 💪 🤩

However, I know we need some class balancing... because some subclasses are more popular than others... and some are hardly ever played... *cough* IceWiz *cough* 🥶

So, if I were "balancing" classes, I'd do it like this:
  • Melee classes would have more base Health, Vitality and Physical defense.
  • Ranged classes would have more base Mana, Will and Magic defense.
  • Priests (or any class that's both melee and ranged) would have balanced base stats.
  • All classes would have 5 single target and 5 aoe feats, forcing them to choose only 7 for their weapon (which will help create a variety of builds).
  • All crafted weapons would start with 3 damage feats (to help players survive at low-levels), buff feats (such as Nature's Veil) won't be added until the 30s - 40s (keep it simple, while players are learning).
  • All classes would have at least 1 slow and 1 stun.
  • All classes would have a speed boost and self-heals, early in their Talent trees.
  • All classes would have a mana sustain, mid-way in their Talent trees.
  • To make every class valuable in groups, each class would have 1 self-buff, that will become a group buff, during group content. Maybe...
    • Warriors increase Health and Vitality.​
    • Shaman increase Physical Defense and Mastery.​
    • Hunters increase Haste and Expertise.​
    • Wizards increase Magic Defense and Crit Chance.​
    • Priests not only heal, they increase Mana and Will.​
  • Each class will decide which feats to use and which skills to focus on, allowing them to build and play their characters, the way they prefer.
I know this is an oversimplification of a complex process, but I thought it was the best way to convey my thoughts on class balancing. 🙂

I also feel like more emphasis should be placed on gear-crafting. Whatever is making players skip gear-crafting and use dropped gear, needs to be improved. I believe it's the slow and costly crafting process. I think the Otters need to ask themselves...
  • Is it more profitable to have players skip gear-crafting and hurry to end-game, before they focus on building strong toons... or would it be more profitable to have players taking the time to gather and craft enough, to master recipes, build strong characters and participate in all content, as they slowly level-up?
  • And can we really say VH is NOT pay-to-win... when only Crown sellers can afford to buy extra Gathering Supplies and/or raw mats, to level-up their Villager skills and craft level-appropriate gear?
Thanks for reading. 🙇‍♀️

Xantia

Arch Wizard
Characters
Xantia
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
I would be asking for a gear update because we absolutely need one but for the fact that no matter how bad things are they can always get worse. Considering the recent mana update I think we can all be thankful to leave gear alone.
I totally understand... 😬😬😬

But I will continue to hope for the best. 😉👍

Reactions: Melody
  • Likex1

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
And can we really say VH is NOT pay-to-win... when only Crown sellers can afford to buy extra Gathering Supplies and/or raw mats, to level-up their Villager skills and craft level-appropriate gear?
If we use the boosts and buff's we do get supplies and motes. I was gathering and used blue supplies (because I vendor the green and white to buy blue), I use potion of the triad, herbs, etc. I started without using anything and slowly added all the buff's I had to see what happened. I even got cornucopias gathering in the village.
I was explaining to an established player on US2 how to maximize the gathering buff's. I was surprised they didn't know already. I was thinking maybe the forum needs a tutorial (Oh wait, we already have one https://villagersandheroes.com/forums/threads/crafting-gathering-guide.1959/ We've been given so many tools to help ourselves over the years, it seems even older players have forgotten the shortcuts to greater success.

Reactions: Agber, Zazie and Xantia
  • Likex3

Halleebell

Squirrel
Characters
Hallee/Freyra
Platform
  1. iOS
  2. PC
Last edited
Ehh that’s a hit or miss. I religiously use buffs while gathering. The gathering/crafting potions I usually use when I know I’ll be gathering longer then 30 minutes or when I have a mass amount of motes and materials to refine. I typically gather with blue supply’s and only use green when blues run dry and I’m still grabbing plenty’s. I can not tell you how many times Iv gathered and ended up with maybe 30 supply that dropped, 1 gob and no rare finds. Or a few rare finds no gobs and maybe 50 blue supplies. (Thank god I was playing during the black out so I have a ton of gobs that I can use) I could use 300 blue supplies and get a whole lot of nothing, even the gem drop can be bad depending on the node. The gathering system before the changes due to exploiters was so much better and player friendly. I would go to whatever zone hit every let’s say mining node a handful of times and whatever one gave me the most resources was the one I’d sit at for 30 minutes to an hour. If it stopped dropping resources I’d start the process all over again. With plenty’s you get what you get and a good majority of the time it’s very little. Then you have to add onto the fact that if you don’t have store bought tools you need to carry multiple sets to get the most material out of a node. It’s a lot. Honestly almost too much. Though I still would not put this game in the pay to win category or even pay to play. Though there is most definitely pay for convenience.

I’d like to also add so many things have changed over the years from account bound store bought tools( now soul bound) to the decrease of gathering resources, how meaningful the rare drops are the list goes on. Over time these things have become less player friendly and more grind oriented. For some those changes were a plus for others it was the beginning of the end playing V&H.