Concinus

Grand Priestess
Characters
Tindra Silvertass
Platform
Steam
At the moment you can decide if you want the Shivergear rune on a robe, boots, gloves or a belt.
However, I'd really like to get it on my scepter or necklace. Would you (devs) consider expanding on the type of gear we are able to have the rune on?
Alternatively, that we can get a free standing rune that can be add to any gear? Or something similarly to an "embroidery" but that can be added to any type of gear?

KAVE

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
At the moment you can decide if you want the Shivergear rune on a robe, boots, gloves or a belt.
However, I'd really like to get it on my scepter or necklace. Would you (devs) consider expanding on the type of gear we are able to have the rune on?
Alternatively, that we can get a free standing rune that can be add to any gear? Or something similarly to an "embroidery" but that can be added to any type of gear?
To be honest I would rather just see it become an enchantment or removed entirely

Concinus

Grand Priestess
Characters
Tindra Silvertass
Platform
Steam
I like the idea that you have to have special gear for specific areas, so I would not like it as an enchantment.
It makes sense that you would have to adapt gear to a colder place.

Sinjin

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
iOS
Special gear for special areas should come with an armor swap capacity similar to the wardrobe, or at least a ‘buy back’ option at npc vendors.

Reactions: Concinus and Anthem
  • Likex2

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
To be honest I would rather just see it become an enchantment or removed entirely
I like the idea that you have to have special gear for specific areas, so I would not like it as an enchantment.
It makes sense that you would have to adapt gear to a colder place.
I would agree with the second quote here were it not for a little thing called available storage space. I've been carrying around a Shivergear belt in my last bag for some time now because I was tired of having to go dig it out of my vault every time a friend needed a little help in that zone. I would love to be able to open that slot back up.

That said, I like the concept of needing special gear for certain areas and feel it adds a little something to the game. There used to be gear requirements for other areas of the game, as well, but they have all been removed [as far as I'm aware] except for this one area. It would not bother me in the least if this was applied to all of the snowy zones in the game, but I would prefer it be done as an enchantment. I know that's a bit unrealistic, but there are times when a game needs to bend realism in favor of playability.

CaraLox

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Loxana/Mrs Doubtfire/Cara Lox
Platform
iOS, PC
I would agree with the second quote here were it not for a little thing called available storage space. I've been carrying around a Shivergear belt in my last bag for some time now because I was tired of having to go dig it out of my vault every time a friend needed a little help in that zone. I would love to be able to open that slot back up.

That said, I like the concept of needing special gear for certain areas and feel it adds a little something to the game. There used to be gear requirements for other areas of the game, as well, but they have all been removed [as far as I'm aware] except for this one area. It would not bother me in the least if this was applied to all of the snowy zones in the game, but I would prefer it be done as an enchantment. I know that's a bit unrealistic, but there are times when a game needs to bend realism in favor of playability.
why do you have to carry it aroundwith you? There is a vault right below the pad, which is where Ikeep mine. So when someoneasks for help i simply drop down to the vault level to retrieve it.

Characters
Tiffa, Ruby Wolf
Platform
Android, PC
If you make shivergear an Enchantment, then have it as as Achievement reward for completing all of one or both of the Daily Hunting Quest in Shiverspine. This way it will make players who want the Enchantment and to free up storage space and make them work for it.

Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
why do you have to carry it aroundwith you? There is a vault right below the pad, which is where Ikeep mine. So when someoneasks for help i simply drop down to the vault level to retrieve it.
it just happened yesterday it's been a while since I help with lvl 40 elders, finding the shiver gear in my vault take a whole lot of time especially since we can't put a specific icon for gear anymore.

CaraLox

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Loxana/Mrs Doubtfire/Cara Lox
Platform
iOS, PC
it just happened yesterday it's been a while since I help with lvl 40 elders, finding the shiver gear in my vault take a whole lot of time especially since we can't put a specific icon for gear anymore.
oh. fwiw I put mine in the vault all the way to the right, the one with only one page. no searching.

Concinus

Grand Priestess
Characters
Tindra Silvertass
Platform
Steam
If you make shivergear an Enchantment, then have it as as Achievement reward for completing all of one or both of the Daily Hunting Quest in Shiverspine. This way it will make players who want the Enchantment and to free up storage space and make them work for it.
Oooooooh, I want something like this in more zones. It would be so fun if you could "work" for different perks in different zones, e.g. swim faster, jump higher. Some doesn't even have to be boosts; they can be visual things. Like glowing in a dark zone. Or turning into a giant/midget to access areas of a zone which weren't accessible before acquiring the enchantment.

Joleen

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Kavita, Katona, Chephirah
Platform
Android, PC
At present I keep a plain Shivergear in my bags, put it on for the run to a boss then don my regular gear. I do not gnog it into my good gear because it's a waste of a socket space. I would also love to see that be an enhancement too!

Reactions: Zazie and Argus
  • Likex2

Zyani

Jack Of All Trades
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zyani,Borghilde,Jitlayda+4more
Platform
PC
In the pyrron zones we had a simular debuff, and that one is removed, why not the one in shiver? that is only 1 zone, pyrron zones where alot of them

Reactions: Joleen
  • Likex1