Kruger2147

Bog Frog
Characters
Nice Kyreeda (Earth Shaman)
Platform
Android
I'm a lvl 27 Shaman. I'm starting to fall behind on my levels. Following the story quests some of the mobs are starting to be a higher level than me (I'm currently working on the Banshee Queen). Gear drops and quest rewards are also higher level than I am. What can I do to quickly gain a couple levels, and then keep my levels up. Side quests aren't very plentiful on the maps that I'm on.

I used to be able to take a beating with my earth shaman, but lately if a mob even glances my way my HP falls quickly. I'm going through HP potions like crazy. What can I do to improve this? My gear is decent, it's all green/blue gear.

I somehow lost my Terraform rune, so don't have the skill anymore. Is there map or mob that I can farm to get it back?

I get the masteries are important, but why? What do they do? Should I allocate talent points Earth Affinity? What ratio?

For Earth Shaman, how should I prioritize my talent points?

Arjuna

Grand Priest
Characters
Arjuna, Lord Villian
Platform
Android
Make sure that you kill every bounty in every zone you have access to. The first time you kill a bounty you get bonus first kill experience. It would be worthwhile to backtrack and make sure you do this.

Also, obtain and eat pie every time you go out adventuring. Pie increases the experience you receive from your activities (combat and crafting).

Early on I like to allocate points to whatever allows you to increase your damage. Earth Affinity affects this, but not the only one that does so. When you start to feel even again against enemies of your level, then you can look to other talents that help you live longer, etc.

Kitty the Hunter

Adventurer
Platform
PC
Hello and welcome to game!
This is from the games' wiki page for shaman runes https://villagersandheroes.gamepedia.com/Shaman_Runes
It shows that Terraform is a necklace drop. You may have switched to another necklace and lost that rune. If you are lucky trade chat or the AH (auction house) will have one. If not you will have to farm for it.
I have been getting decent xp in the event zone by doing the bosses when they are called out. There are repeatable quests there too.

Sinjin

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
iOS
I'm a lvl 27 Shaman. I'm starting to fall behind on my levels. Following the story quests some of the mobs are starting to be a higher level than me (I'm currently working on the Banshee Queen). Gear drops and quest rewards are also higher level than I am. What can I do to quickly gain a couple levels, and then keep my levels up. Side quests aren't very plentiful on the maps that I'm on.
A quick way to increase levels is to eat a pie and run bounties. In the mid/upper 20s there are several places to go, but I usually end up in slopes/swamps of grogul.

I used to be able to take a beating with my earth shaman, but lately if a mob even glances my way my HP falls quickly. I'm going through HP potions like crazy. What can I do to improve this? My gear is decent, it's all green/blue gear.
Dont feel too beat up about this. There are some places where the difficulty doesn’t ramp up smoothly (I.e., killing things is suddenly and inexplicably much harder). This includes Red Cloister, The Cathedral, Saphira’s Lament, and Gortrin’s Passage. Sometimes it‘s because the bounties are venerable (blue) instead just a regular bounty (green). Sometimes it’s because there are more mobs. Sometimes it’s because the mobs are social (I.e., they BAF as in they ‘bring-a-friend’ when you pull). Sometimes it’s because the mobs heal themselves or other, or they explode when they die. Sometimes, it’s all or some combination of these.

Send an email to Sinjin and we can both improve your weapon as well as kit you out to make RC/HoS/Cathedral easier. Life does get much easier with better gear, especially weps.

I somehow lost my Terraform rune, so don't have the skill anymore. Is there map or mob that I can farm to get it back?
Terraform comes on necklaces, so you’ll need to kill mobs at your level until one drops. That said, I used the cure neck (even though it’s a ‘water’ rune, you can gnom it onto an earth mastery necklace) because cure is much more useful than the (relatively) weak shield from terraform.

I get the masteries are important, but why? What do they do? Should I allocate talent points Earth Affinity? What ratio?
You’ll notice that your skill tootip For Earth Shard says the skill does 10k(+6k) dmg, for example. The 10k amount is based on the level and quality of the rune. The ‘+6k‘ dmg is the damage bonus that skill does when you hit the mob (or heal, depending on the skill), based on your Earth Power.

The primary way of raising Earth Power is by raising your Earth Mastery, Attuning to Earth (which lowers your water power and adds to your earth power), and wearing items with the epic ‘Poise’ stat (ignore poise if you’re a tank).

The primary way of raising your Earth Mastery is by putting talent points into Earth Affinity (lowest skill in the earth talent tree), by wearing items that give earth mastery (totems, gloves, necklace and wep), and by using mastery drams.

Of these, ‘items‘ give the most points and are relatively easy to get.

For Earth Shaman, how should I prioritize my talent points?
Now this is a topic of much debate. For me, I believe it’s easier to solo as a hybrid (unless you have a pocket healer to duo with).

For me, I found that 5 points in the Torrent water tree was handy as a solo build, This gives you the ability to cast a healing reflect shield (Water Shield) that has 20 charges. Mobs hit you and take dmg from the shield and heal you. It’s not a big heal, but it’s handy.

With 5 points in Hungry Earth you get a healing leech affect added to your Seismic Shock skill.

There, with just 10 points you just added two heals to your build.

I‘d definitely plop the next 10 points into Gaia’s Ward. The shield is awesome in a pinch and it opens up Attune to Earth which gives you 20% more health and gives you a dmg reflect.

After that, it’s a bit more fluid. You’ll want Earth Affinity as it increases your dmg and at 40 points gets you access to the ‘dirt monkey’. Things definitely get a lot easier once you get the Earth Elemental.

I also put bonus points into wind. Totemic Power is pretty sweet, but you might have to rebirth to get the 15pts you need for Mana Gusts.

Black_Cvlt

Arch Wizard
Characters
Danger Zone, Black Cvlt, Coup de Grace, Crafty Hands
Platform
Android, PC
For me, I found that 5 points in the Torrent water tree was handy as a solo build, This gives you the ability to cast a healing reflect shield (Water Shield) that has 20 charges. Mobs hit you and take dmg from the shield and heal you. It’s not a big heal, but it’s handy.

With 5 points in Hungry Earth you get a healing leech affect added to your Seismic Shock skill.

There, with just 10 points you just added two heals to your build.
This build is good for making life difficult.
You can just add one heal spell from crafted axe without spending 10 talent points.

Dawnfire

Great Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Athon Dawnfire
Platform
Android, PC
@Black_Cvlt To each to their own I suppose :) I think both solutions are perfectly viable. I do like Sinjin's a bit better, as both of his heals are adding to his dps too, which is always a plus. But of course if you don't plan to get either of those talents and find yourself in need of heals, getting a healing water feat is totally viable as well

Sinjin

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
iOS
This build is good for making life difficult.
You can just add one heal spell from crafted axe without spending 10 talent points.
I’ve had swift waters as the heal in an earth build. It’s a solid heal, but takes tons of mana when attuned to earth. If you cast shield then attune to earth, it costs a negligible amount of mana and you can pull more/faster with less downtime. Just equip/unequip your helm when you want to remove your attune between fights.

Water shield costs 5 talent points but it: a) heals for more, b) costs significantly less mana, and c) does reflect dmg (speeding up your kills and increasing your threat).

The true costs isn’t 10 points as you’re going to put the 5 points in Hungry Earth as an earth shaman anyway.

As I mentioned, this is a topic of much debate. I’m sure we’ll also hear from a wind shaman that will claim ‘omg, why dork around with earth/water when wind is win!?’. This is just my experience.

I didnt mention this earlier, but if you’re looking for a hilariously fun build, just load up on riptide with a full dragon set. Cast two HoTs and hit Tidal Wave in a tight pack of melee mobs. It’s a fun strat (riptide is aoe dmg and doesn’t have a cd), but it doesn’t scale well after Pyrron and it does require a fair bit of blasting gear.

Black_Cvlt

Arch Wizard
Characters
Danger Zone, Black Cvlt, Coup de Grace, Crafty Hands
Platform
Android, PC
Water shield costs 5 talent points but it: a) heals for more, b) costs significantly less mana, and c) does reflect dmg (speeding up your kills and increasing your threat).
If you want to contest with strong enemy, water shield might not be able to handle all incoming damage. If you play with Earth Elemental - it's ok maybe.
I’m sure we’ll also hear from a wind shaman that will claim ‘omg, why dork around with earth/water when wind is win!?’.
Speaking of winning... Have you tried soloing Maldwyn's Tomb on 75-80 levels? I play in Water + Windfury and I need all available heal spells for tanking enemy groups. I think this zone is good indicator of survivability. Maybe you have stronger build for this task.
Btw, I've tried Water Sham + WindFury + Earth Elemental for Maldwyn and higher. It looks.. handy 😆

Sinjin

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
iOS
In my experience, earth shaman hybrid is the only class I’ve ever been able to play that could solo the bevyns venerables at-level. I could never do this with water and water/wind as the dps output was too low (pure water) or couldn’t heal enough (water/wind hybrid).

I agree that water shield alone won’t cover all the damage you take, but I tend to resort to using one heal trinket and one zephyr while soloing. In a solo build, I also have Tidal Wave (for simpler, larger pulls) and that does give a small weak heal.

Soloing Maldwyns didn’t become comfortable until around lvl 83 (with only the single lvl 60 rebirth completed). I’m pretty sure that with 3 or 4 more rebirths (15 to 20 more talent points) then doing Maldwyns at 79 would be easier.

Keep in mind that a fair bit of my experience started in beta and there have been some not-insignificant changes recently. The Earth Elemental proc rate alone was a biggie and they had to have made a change to the elemental’s agro ability. Before the recent patch, the dirt monkey could take agro from even well geared lightning warriors. Since the patch, I have seen a shaman pull with ground slam, proc an elemental, and mobs die (over 15 seconds later) without the elemental ever gaining agro over the shaman.

Reactions: Black_Cvlt
  • Likex1

Kruger2147

Bog Frog
Characters
Nice Kyreeda (Earth Shaman)
Platform
Android
Terraform comes on necklaces, so you’ll need to kill mobs at your level until one drops. That said, I used the cure neck (even though it’s a ‘water’ rune, you can gnom it onto an earth mastery necklace) because cure is much more useful than the (relatively) weak shield from terraform.
I looked on the rune page and didn't see one called cure.

I just rebirthed at lvl 30, now that I'm starting over what benefits does Wind have over Earth? Since Wind combines both water and earth, how do I build it?

I noticed you didn't put any points into Earth Fortitude or Erosion, how come?

Sinjin

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
iOS
Last edited
I looked on the rune page and didn't see one called cure.
The effect is a cure, but I believe the skill is Cleansing Waters.

I just rebirthed at lvl 30, now that I'm starting over what benefits does Wind have over Earth? Since Wind combines both water and earth, how do I build it?
The wind talent tree is neither earth, nor water. It contains no skills; for those, you have to get them from either earth or water... so you can’t be a ‘pure’ wind shaman. Some shaman chose put the majority of their talent points into wind and call themselves ’wind shaman’, but they’re really just a hybrid.

I can’t give you much insight here. I tried to water/wind and earth/wind, but they’re just too gimp (water doesn’t have enough single-target skills to proc wind dmg often enough, earth didn’t have enough proc wind dmg added to offset the loss in base dmg) for me to play with long. I love seeing the shaman reset my skill cooldowns (when playing wiz), but ‘a neat skill, every 5 minutes’ is weak tea imo.

I noticed you didn't put any points into Earth Fortitude or Erosion, how come?
Fortitude, yes (just not low level where the talent points are precious). Erosion, nope. No points. Even at 90, no points. Even at 95, with all rebirths completed ... no points. IMO, some points into wind fury or riptide would be more useful than erosion.

Technically, erosion can save you from dying (having a mob kill you without procing gaia’s ward by doing >10% dmg to you when you’re very low health) but it’s so very rare that I wouldn’t bother spending points on it as they’re better spent elsewhere.

Sinjin

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
iOS
Yeah, I hear you people grumbling saying that with Terraform you can take a monster crit and pop terraform to dump alot of that dmg... but it’s too rare (and requires some split-second timing to pull off) to really even bring up. Compare that with how many times you get cursed, snared rooted or dotted and Cleansing just works better IMO.