Absinthez

Grand Priest
Characters
Absinthez
Platform
Android, PC
Last edited
Hi,

With the Priest talent "Servant of Shadow ", its description is "Casting a shadow spell gives you a Shadow Mark. At 10 marks, you are healed for 20% standard level healing. Servant of Shadow's healing is boosted by your Shadow Power."

The question: Is the Shadow Mark given, the same amount of heal whether you put one or two or more points into 'Servant of Shadow'? I dont use Vampiric Pact so maxing it out is pointless for my build. I just want the Shadow Mark proc.

Anyone know?

Reactions: Arjuna
  • Likex1

Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
Hi,

With the Priest talent "Servant of Shadow ", its description is "Casting a shadow spell gives you a Shadow Mark. At 10 marks, you are healed for 20% standard level healing. Servant of Shadow's healing is boosted by your Shadow Power."

The question: Is the Shadow Mark given, the same amount of heal whether you put one or two or more points into 'Servant of Shadow'? I dont use Vampiric Pact so maxing it out is pointless for my build. I just want the Shadow Mark proc.

Anyone know?
yes it increase by 20% on each point, so it will be 400% standard level healing at 20 points.
You can use the talent builder to check out what will change when spending a talent point here

Concinus

Grand Priestess
Characters
Tindra Silvertass
Platform
Steam
Last edited
I have it maxed, even though I don't have the rune on my mace, just because it auto heals me so freaking good.
When I have a mace with the rune it is just like having a last life line when tanking an EZ boss. Most of the time the auto-heal is more than enough though.

As long as I have mana, I can live. The trouble comes when that runs out, so I have to focus a lot on mana regeneration and lowering mana costs. But it is nice to not die so easily anymore. 🥳

Absinthez

Grand Priest
Characters
Absinthez
Platform
Android, PC
Thanks all for your responses. I agree mana management is a problem. I wonder how much total clarity is needed on equipment to sustain the output of spells.

Arjuna

Grand Priest
Characters
Arjuna
Platform
Android
I wonder how much total clarity is needed on equipment to sustain the output of spells.
I run my builds (Holy and Shadow) with a high amount of clarity, and I no longer bother putting talent points into Well Read, which frees up another option in your skill tree. I do use more potions, but that's not really a problem for me.

Concinus

Grand Priestess
Characters
Tindra Silvertass
Platform
Steam
Last edited
I have Well Read and Open Sea Air maxed as well, Cure on my necklace and I rarely use potions.
However, what you put your talent points into really depends on how you like to play; solo or in group, with which spells and your level+rebirth.

I like playing as pure Shadow, but solo boss fights can be dragged on for a long time so I need reinforcement runes to sustain the mana consumption for long fights, like clarity, will and intellect. I mostly go for as much Will and Intellect as possible, since my main combo of spells usually kills fast. Making my own gear helps me get those easily. I only use drop when it is epic these days, and put the runes from crafted gear on that.

However, I have also played more aggressively using Haste, Expertise, Savagery and Brutality to speed up my kill-time (when I was low-mid level and before doing 4 rebirth) and thus didn't need as much points in Servant of Shadow. For low to mid level content I had 5 points giving me 100% auto-heal. For EZ I upped it to 10 points to get 200% auto-heal. Lifesteal is also nice to have if you don't want to put points into Servant of Shadow.

From the different ways of playing that I have tried, I think Will is a must to have fun. I prefer regenerating mana fast over lower mana costs (clarity). Since I heal so much and so fast I don't have to spam spells as soon as they recover which gives my mana time to recover pretty well. My build is pretty good for soloing bosses and quests BUT killing slow is not as good if you e.g. want to tank EZ bosses or some Elder bosses. If group-content like EZ bosses and dungeons are what you are going for, a Holy-Shadow-mix might be best for you.

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
It is similar for all classes, mana usage and management is important. There are many things that they put into the game to help. Trinkets have runes, there are potions you can craft. Buff's and boosters will help as well. Just read all the stuff you come across.

SprigOfHalcyon

Master Farmer
Royal Guardian
Platform
Android, PC
Yeah, I don't invest much in mana management, just run a lvl 3 mana pot all the time. It's not quite enough for my constant full output, but if I leave off corrupting plague and don't have to heal, it's stable with everything else. I do have a decent bit of clarity, but lost a lot when moving into my 95 gear.

Sinjin

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
iOS
The good news is that at 95 you can feel good about spending the socket to put clarity and/or savagery on your favorite trinks. It’s not enough to get you into diminishing returns, but added with the clarity rune on boots (and if you can get epic clarity/brutality rings) it can make a huge difference in protracted fights like dungy/95elders.

I too live with a blueberry mana IV drip running almost constantly, with the occasional scorn.

For the most part, running ‘pure’ shadow is easier to manage mana. For me, running hybrid (where you have holy dps spells with precision instead of heal feats) is where it can really chew into mana.

I found Servant of Shadow to be useful if you’re soloing and don’t want to bother with heal spell or pots... but overall it didn’t feel like it justified the talent point expense. I’ve put points in at low level, but almost always replace it at higher levels with a heal rune.