Sarah Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Hi, Everyone,

We will be bringing the servers down sometime within the next two hours to push a small bug fix patch to live. Servers will be down less than an hour. We will provide a 15 minute in-game warning prior to bringing the servers down.

Below, you will find the patch notes for this small build. Please be aware that the fix for the scrolling party issue which affects some mobile and PC devices is not in this patch. We are currently working on it, but because of certain complexities involved, it will be coming in the next patch. (Thank you in advance for your patience about this! There will be a fix coming!)

Also, there is a known issue with the Sugarsweet woodcrafting stations in this build, but as there is a workaround for it, we decided not to delay the entire patch for it.

Lastly, we would like to address the ‘Mallok Resurgent Flair Pack’ topic. We will not be making any changes with regards to this item. We do understand that some players were hoping we would make the pack available to all players, however, it was our intent that the item be an exclusive reward for those players who reached Platinum level before the raid tier changes were made, as we deemed this to be fair, and still do. So no changes will be made with regards to this item. Thank you for your understanding.

Patch Notes 4.55.1

Improvements

• Doubled the health of Jelly Bean, Licorhoof, Glazefin, and Cookiecutter.
  • Expose Weakness will not repeatedly build up charges every time a damage-over-time effect does damage.
  • Added crafting stations to Sugarsweet Summit. They can be found around (-18 -83 542).
    • Please note: there is currently a known issue with the woodcrafting stations. As a workaround, moving around to the other side of them still makes them accessible.

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed bug that didn't complete the "Kill 16 Unique Bosses" portion of the quest, "Delicious Time of Year". It will be marked as complete upon killing one bounty (not echo) within Sugarsweet Summit.
  • Fixed issue that caused the enchantment tooltip to not appear correctly.
  • Fixed issue that caused runes to not appear, and items to display the tooltip for the last hovered item rather than the current item.
  • Removed text references to "challenge level" in completion and reward text for Raids. Also, reward text shows the required completions to unlock. Finally, completion screen shows the number of completions left until the reward is unlocked.
  • Fixed exploit that allowed players to join a raid at Heroic tier and jump an entire tier without having to complete the tier 5 times.
  • Saltscale Sweet Eater, Sprinkles, Cuddlecakes, and Weallscream now use event scaling and Mallok's Gift.
  • Creation of a raid will now show that 5 completions at the highest available tier is required to unlock the next tier.
  • Sugarsweet wardrobe packs in the crown shop are no longer soulbound.
  • Scarlet Flair Pack is now sold by event vendors in Sugarsweet Summit.
  • Fixed issue that caused ranged mobs in Bellamere Palace to go Aegis every 10-seconds or so.
  • Fixed issue that caused the effect, "Gift of Mallok" to display negative numbers until players got close enough.
  • Fixed issue that caused Bonus Armor to be displayed in the wrong order.
  • Updated lingering text reference to "Power" (i.e. things like "Fire Power", "Water Power", etc) to use the word "Mastery" instead.
  • Fixed issue on the character stat page that caused text on some stat values to wrap.

PC Only
  • Hopefully fixed issue that caused party lists to not appear instantly upon forming a party.

Mobile Only
  • Modified layout of party list on mobile so that all party members up to 6 are visible
  • Fixed issue that caused 0s to be removed on mobile.
  • Fixed unicode issue that caused some mobs to not update their health correctly.
  • Fixed issue that caused the "Treats" tab to not appear on mobile.
  • Fixed incorrect tooltip text on the "Current Tier" text in the raid menu. Text was displaying negative numbers instead of the correct required progress remaining.

Sarah Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
We are bringing the servers down in 15 minutes, system messages just went out.

Jeylana

Jack Of All Trades
Royal Guardian
Characters
Jeylana, Lanajey
Platform
PC
I thought there was a warning in the chat :(
we were just in the raid.

Katniss Everdeen

Eldritch Huntress
Royal Guardian
Characters
Wendy & Song Merrydance
Platform
PC
"Mallok Resurgent Flair Pack" Sounds more than fair to me. Good for those who made it to platinum the hard way (not me). There should be some special reward for those intrepid few willing to do this (also not me).

Jeylana

Jack Of All Trades
Royal Guardian
Characters
Jeylana, Lanajey
Platform
PC
hmm dann bin ich blind keine gesehen,
na egal

Lynix

Legendary Hero
Platform
PC
[QUOTE = "Jeylana, Post: 61409, Mitglied: 137"]
Ich bin dran
[/ZITAT]
Ök will gerne noch paar lvls schaffen ^^

Esmee

Wizard
Characters
Esmee Goldenflame
Platform
Android, PC, Steam
I didn't read the patch notes first and did a full zing and bounty run in sugarsweet. I didn't really notice a difference in difficulty with bosses which is good. It was a fun run! I did notice crafting stations on the map and I thought "omg, why didn't I notice those before?!" Then I read patch notes and thankfully it wasn't my eyesight getting worse! Haha good job, devs!

Reactions: Anthem, Zaphyra and CaraLox
  • Hahax2
  • Likex1

Jolon

Adventurer
Characters
Jolon, Jenalya
Platform
iOS
First us3 run started at Jellybean...and promptly sat there for a good long while chipping away at his newly doubled health. It was utterly boring. Some lower leveled players probably croaked because the rest of us with enough health or healing were either out of mana or had resorted to autoattacks while doing something else. For a zone that typically becomes a ghost town faster than the rest, buffing elders to take longer strikes me as a step backward rather than an engaging change to reinvigorate interest.

sirbabbo

Raiding solo at gold is totally impossible and now we have grouped gold tier more is making the runs more difficult. I get there is exploits but the raids right now are close to impossible. I shouldn’t die when 4 mobs come at me at once within a second.
Ez changes idky this happened, in server 3 there is hardly anyone in there and most are lower levels. So long as someone s directs the crowd on what to do, no issues at all.

Reactions: Ephel and Squonk
  • Likex2

Jytal

Servant of Mallok
Platform
iOS
Improvements

• Doubled the health of Jelly Bean, Licorhoof, Glazefin, and Cookiecutter.
This is not an improvement. It took 10 minutes to defeat one elder. Why? This is an event zone made to enjoy the time playing with the community across any levels, not to have a sandbag fight for 10 minutes where the real fight is trying not to fall asleep.
Please make an improvement and revert the health of the affected event zone elders this patch.

This is not related to the patch notes but it is related to the event zone. The bounty reactivation timer is 22 hours while the quests are 20 hours. Please consider changing these to 16 hours like the other event zones. It allows players to have a more flexible time to when they can play instead of doing these dailies at a set time which isn't flexible around our own personal lives (work, family, loved ones).

Lalocat

Adventurer
Characters
Lalocat Vla Laniss
Platform
Android, PC
Last edited
This is not related to the patch notes but it is related to the event zone. The bounty reactivation timer is 22 hours while the quests are 20 hours. Please consider changing these to 16 hours like the other event zones. It allows players to have a more flexible time to when they can play instead of doing these dailies at a set time which isn't flexible around our own personal lives (work, family, loved ones).
The EZ was already a stressful hassle due to this, and with the added misery of buffed health (a huge problem on EU1 where you only get about a dozen people per run, regardless of the time of day) it's entered nightmare territory.

It took 1h10min to complete all 8 elders on EU1 this morning... when they were all already up because they are now too difficult for the night crew to complete at all. This is excessive and it is not fun.

Zaphyra

Master Villager
Characters
Retired
Platform
Android, PC
Last edited
I really enjoyed the Halloween and Christmas events and I was looking forward to Sugarsweet... but I have to admit that I'm not enjoying this EZ, as much as the others. 😕

So, I'd like to offer my feedback and suggestions to our Devs... 🤓👇

1. I would enjoy more daily quests, to earn scaled experience and Cotton Candy... the Sugarsweet map is full of gathering locations, new crafting stations and plenty of hiding spots... let's put them to good use! Maybe naughty children are sneaking in to eat candy and we must find them before they eat too much and get sick? Perhaps the Candy Maker would like our help with experimental recipes that we could gather and craft?
  2. Once we have all our recipe ingredients and quests done, there's not much reason to hunt zings or come for EZ bosses... I'd like the Bosses and Zings to award scaled experience and Cotton Candy with each kill... maybe full rewards for the first kill and half experience, with 1-3 Cotton Candy for each additional kill.
  3. Reduce the Bosses health back to what it was at the start of the EZ and increase the health of Zings... zings are sometimes killed too quickly and players can't get there in time, but Bosses were fine.
  4. Make sure the map features are working correctly... I usually play on a Samsung Galaxy Tablet and sometimes (most of the time) when I click a skull on the map, the Boss's name doesn't show and when I click their name in the Bounty list, no arrow appears on the map, to show me their spawn location. I know we have to search for Zingara, but I'd like to be able to find Bosses on the map, so I can run to their location, when they spawn.
  5. More fashion and pets in the EZ store, to buy with Cotton Candy.
Hope our Devs will find these ideas helpful. 👋😊

Ren Shae

Squirrel
Characters
Ren Shae, Ren Shooketh
Platform
iOS
Oof - EZ boss health increase was not a good decision. As others mentioned, Sugarsweet turns into a ghost town faster than other EZ and this makes it even worse to find parties if you really are hoping to gather 800-1000 candies. It's just not worth it for mere 3 cotton candies and no special boss mechanics to keep you awake (at least Grinchta had a disco). I like the aesthetics of these EZ items the most but if getting them means enduring a monotonous sandbag beating contest, I may just pass.

PS: Perhaps the intent really was to drive players to the brink of madness and just buy items from crown shop. I hope not.

Jolon

Adventurer
Characters
Jolon, Jenalya
Platform
iOS
A fairly broad spectrum of people were just running us3 EZ bosses, levels and classes across the board, ballpark 15-20 people. Granted it is mid weekday US time, but more toons that I would expect attempting to engage our good bit of sugar-coated fun, and it should have been plenty of hero power. However what we encountered was a merry-go-round of toons getting aggro when tanks died, being flung to the spawn point when our grip on the health horse failed, running back with plenty of time because the elder health bar maybe ticked down 5-10%, the cycle repeating several times over. Managed two elders in this fashion before giving Salty a boisterous Italian hand gesture and logging out of the game.