Sarah Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Last edited by a moderator
Hi, Everyone,

We will be bringing the servers down within the next few hours to push a small build, which contains some needed improvements and bug fixes. Servers will be down for about thirty minutes, and we’ll provide the usual 15 minute in-game warning just prior to bringing them down.

In this patch, Blight Motes will now be tradeable, the getting stuck frequently issue will be fixed, an option to disable camera shaking effects has been added, and much more. :)

Patch Notes 4.74.1

Improvements

• Blight Motes and Primals are now tradable.
  • Added an option to disable camera shaking effects.
  • The effect "Shadow Soul" can no longer be dispelled by double-clicking.
  • Added a vendor to the Vestibule area in the Catacomb.
  • Rocks will no longer fall on players that have escaped the Catacomb.
  • The number of required heroes to escape in the Catacombs is now based on tier:
    • Bronze: 33% of players must escape to complete the raid
    • Silver: 66% of players must escape to complete the raid
    • Gold: 80% of players must escape to complete the raid
    • Platinum+: 100% of players must escape to complete the raid
  • The effect "Shadow Soul" can no longer be dispelled by double-clicking.
  • Slightly reduced the damage of Thames spell, "Nether Beam".
  • Created a navigation net so waypoints should be more accurate.
  • Increased the delay before Mana Mites AoE triggers by 0.25 seconds.
  • Clarified the text for Leaderboards for "All Raids" to say "each and every"
  • Gave Lorcan a hook hand.
  • Adjusted goal requirements for "Overload Soulwells" in the Catacomb:
    • Solo parties: requires 8 souls
    • (2-3) parties: requires 36 souls
    • (4-6) parties: requires 96 souls
    • (7-9) parties: requires 128 souls
    • (10-12) parties: requires 176 souls
    • (13-15) parties: requires 240 souls
  • Adjusted some of the bushes in Thames room to hopefully prevent it from blocking player view.

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed an issue that caused dungeoneering to stack incorrectly with 40-point talents
  • Fixed a bug in which players would sometimes get stuck and unable to move. If you're still getting stuck, please submit a bug report and let us know if you were mounted or mounted, and how you got stuck (were you jumping or running?).
  • Killing "Savages Brutes" in Mulgrew Swamp will now count towards the goal total of the goal "Defeat Cave Brutes".
  • Hopefully fixed an issue that caused Zell to use an AoE attack while falling.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the last two orbs in the Lucent Cavity to not be visible at lower graphics settings.
  • Fixed an issue that would occasionally cause Thames cannon sequences to go off too quickly.
  • Armory and/or Observatory doors won't open after defeating Hecter and Darame in Bellamere Palace.
  • Hopefully fixed an issue that caused Minstrels to try and aggro Warrior Sirens in the Chanteuse's Rookery.
  • The Red Prince in Bellamere Palace will now only descend when all the Blood Witches have been killed.
  • Adjusted the trigger for Pyrron Bastion and also added a collider behind it so players can't escape.
  • Hopefully fixed an issue that caused Shapeshifters in the Catacomb to go Aegis far too often.
  • Hopefully fixed a bug that prevents Ardent City lights from turning on.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented joining raids from the "All Raids" tab.
  • Fixed typo with Thames locale: "Thames Chamber's" -> "Thames Chambers"
  • Fixed missing "a" in Keey taunt, "sting like a bee".
  • Fixed an issue with Maggwood that prevented "Maggot Mana" from being dispelled on players that were too far away.
  • Fixed an exploitable area in Bandicott Woods at ~(-116.7, -214.4, 161.3)
  • Fixed an issue that would occasionally prevent players from completing the goal, "Escape the Catacombs" if one of their party members was disconnected
  • Fixed a bug in the Catacomb that allowed monsters to spawn in the Eternal Chambers during the goal, "Escape the Catacomb".
  • Fixed an issue that caused a progress marker to not appear over Viggo's head during the quest, "Old Ramblings".

Marcus Fury

Master Gatherer
Platform
Android
So an npc gets a hook hand but yet the lag isn’t resolved in and out of raids?

Reactions: Xii
  • Likex1

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
So an npc gets a hook hand but yet the lag isn’t resolved in and out of raids?
I dont really think the 2 issues can be compared in workload to get it fixed though. They have always snuck little 'inferior' changes into the game with the bigger, more important fixes. Lag is multifaced and cant be eradicated with a single wave of a wand (I'm sure they tried!).
This patch is about more acute stuck issue etc. Lag is annoying, sure, but its chronic.

Marcus Fury

Master Gatherer
Platform
Android
I dont really think the 2 issues can be compared in workload to get it fixed though. They have always snuck little 'inferior' changes into the game with the bigger, more important fixes. Lag is multifaced and cant be eradicated with a single wave of a wand (I'm sure they tried!).
This patch is about more acute stuck issue etc. Lag is annoying, sure, but its chronic.
It’s why people are quitting the game since they’re fed up of dying in raids due to lag, when pressing multiple buttons without anything.. so it’s disappointing to see noting to ease the lag but hey what do I know?

Reactions: Xii
  • Likex1

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
It’s why people are quitting the game since they’re fed up of dying in raids due to lag, when pressing multiple buttons without anything.. so it’s disappointing to see noting to ease the lag but hey what do I know?
I dont know whether changes to reduce lag are always equally obvious. The toggle to camera shake for example. It removes a visual effect. visual effects are one of the causes of lag. While it might not entirely remove all lag in the game, I think if enough people use it, it can help. Another is obviously your own quality settings, I dont know about how that is for you.
Beside that it also doesn't help that one of the causes of lag (toys) are currently limited and people been asking to make them stay for the entire duration of the login time. While lagwise it would be better to just remove toys altogether. I mean, you cant have it all. Lag is just a...... someone have a nice word I can borrow?

Grz

Reader
Last edited
That's too bad with the witches. Back to finishing Palace with under 5 minutes left 😅 .
Looking good for the Thames nerf. Now I wonder now who will have more issues with Joch'tech being unkillable and outhealing low-dps toons on solo higher heroic levels.

Fixed an issue that caused a progress marker to not appear over Viggo's head during the quest, "Old Ramblings".
I don't know what to feel about the motes, but this quest issue with Viggo is the most important for this patch. (y)

Skurge

Warrior
Characters
Skurge
Platform
Android
Heh, I'll probably be the only person in the game that isn't happy to have tradeable motes, but glad everyone else seems excited, I know they all wanted it.

Reactions: Antavious and Good2DBone
  • Likex2

Xadi

I still think the typo edit for Thames should be "Thames' Chamber" since it's only one place, and you would use an apostrophe after the " s" in the name Thames to denote ownership. Unless the vents are his chambers? So, "Thames' Chambers"?

Reactions: Mynyari and Xii
  • Likex1
  • Hahax1

KIDFOXXY

Razorback
Platform
Android
I dont know whether changes to reduce lag are always equally obvious. The toggle to camera shake for example. It removes a visual effect. visual effects are one of the causes of lag. While it might not entirely remove all lag in the game, I think if enough people use it, it can help. Another is obviously your own quality settings, I dont know about how that is for you.
Beside that it also doesn't help that one of the causes of lag (toys) are currently limited and people been asking to make them stay for the entire duration of the login time. While lagwise it would be better to just remove toys altogether. I mean, you cant have it all. Lag is just a...... someone have a nice word I can borrow?
"Lag is a small inconvenience" for a free to play game, my opinion anyway

Sarah Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Hi, Everyone,

Currently EU1 and US1 are back up, however, we've run into a technical difficulty with the other servers, which we are working quickly on to resolve. Thank you for your patience!

Carly

Priestess
Royal Guardian
Characters
MeliJan
Platform
iOS, PC
We ran a heroic 15 man cata to try out the new changes. Rocks still falling in the beginning room we ran back to. Many players died even though they made it back, but stayed dead. 100% of our team made it back, yet the raid wouldn’t complete. Is that a new change? All players have to be alive? Then there is possibly a bug with rocks still falling (we sent bug reports).
Besides that, the changes feel really good in cata. Thames cannons are much easier to dodge! Thank you for the hard work for this patch!

Reactions: Mynyari and Desdamona
  • Likex2

Elijah Lin

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Elijahiel
Platform
iOS
What a relief with those bushes blocking the view in catacomb to see incoming cannon blasts 🤣🤣 Thank youuuuu !

Mynyari

Priestess
Characters
Heidrun, Mynyari
Platform
Android
We ran a heroic 15 man cata to try out the new changes. Rocks still falling in the beginning room we ran back to. Many players died even though they made it back, but stayed dead. 100% of our team made it back, yet the raid wouldn’t complete. Is that a new change? All players have to be alive? Then there is possibly a bug with rocks still falling (we sent bug reports).
Besides that, the changes feel really good in cata. Thames cannons are much easier to dodge! Thank you for the hard work for this patch!
I can attest to this. Rocks were falling all the way up the stairs at the entrance of cat. Many died there, some multiple times. All players reportedly made it back, but we did not get credit. Only safe place I found was directly under the arch leading to vestibule. Very disappointing for an expensive run.

Katniss Everdeen

Eldritch Huntress
Royal Guardian
Characters
Wendy & Song Merrydance
Platform
PC
Sad to say, Catacombs is worse than it was. Before it was just almost impossible. Now it is. 6 people on gold run...red circles overlapping to cover the floor. When you try to run out, the red circle follows you until you die. I never died that many times on the previous one.