Sarah Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
2023 Raids_Season7.jpg

Hi, Everyone,

Raids are back! We will be bringing the servers down later this morning to push our new build to live. Servers will be down for about thirty minutes, and we’ll provide the usual in-game warnings fifteen minutes prior.

Season 7 of Raids, 'Treasures of the Ancients,' has arrived! Get ready for all new rewards and a variety of improvements to the raids themselves, as well as to Dungeoneering. But just what are these ancient treasures? Players will be finding out in our next build, when these exciting new items begin appearing in the world!

This build today additionally includes a number of other improvements and bug fixes. Mobile players have Achievements! The Horde of Horrors has been reactivated in the Haunted Moors, and more!

Happy Raiding and Haunting! :)

Patch Notes 5.13.3

General

• Raids Season 7 is now active!
    • Reduced Raid Tier unlock requirements to 1 for Bronze, 2 for Silver, 3 for Gold and 4 for Platinum. To compensate, players will gain dungeoneering xp faster at these levels:
      • bronze: 3x xp
      • silver: 2x xp
      • gold: 1.5x xp
    • Dungeoneering damage and health bonus:
      • There is the normal damage and health boost that this provides to characters based on dungeoneering level. This has not been changed.
      • However, there is an additional special bonus that kicks in when the character's dungeoneering level is in excess of the challenge level. At its highest, this bonus could be as large as 50% in addition to the normal damage/health bonus from dungeoneering. This was creating a wildly unbalanced power level for characters in Raids. The original design purpose for this extra bonus was to allow players to succeed at lower level raids when they got stuck. That's a good idea-- but this is not needed for higher tier Raids, when players have clearly demonstrated they are experienced raiders. Therefore, at Platinum tier and above, we have removed the EXTRA BONUS, ONLY. Characters will still get their normal damage/health bonus from dungeoneering. We have also reduced the bonus at Gold, and reduced it very slightly at Silver (although it can still grow as large as 50%, but it requires a higher dungeoneering level to achieve the full 50%). This will provide better playbalance in the Raids.
    • A random Curse is now applied to Heroic Raids
    • Raids should now scale to exactly 2, 4 and 5 players instead of scaling up to 3 or 6 players respectively
    • Streamlined Marrowmarsh route in Mulgrew Swamp
    • Streamlined Garden section in Flooded Cloisters
    • Randomized second set of objectives in Bellamere palace
    • Slightly increased spawn rate of hatchlings at Zikiti for groups
    • Decreased cooldowns of several relic spells
      • Healing Aura: 240 seconds -> 180 seconds
      • Shriek: 240 seconds -> 120 seconds
      • Devastate: 240 seconds -> 150 seconds
      • Burning Mantle: 300 seconds -> 120 seconds
      • Fire Bomb: 400 seconds -> 120 seconds
    • Added a hint about what the expected Dungeoneering level should be per-tier in raids.
  • Added Spankbear to the Fallen Heroes Memorial

Improvements
  • Crafted gear now shares the same stat pool as dropped gear
  • The Horde of Horrors has been reactivated in the Haunted Moors
  • Reduced the reset time of Haunted Moors Druda and Incarnations from 2 hours to 1 hour. The respawn time has been kept at 2 hours
  • Reduced the reset time of Haunted Moors Pumpkin Head from 2 hours to 1.5 hours. The respawn time has been kept at 2 hours
  • Lowered the hood of the Myriad of Legs outfits.
  • Decreased Seismic Drain's mana restore from 3% to 2%
  • Dark Accelerant now triggers 100% of the time

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed: Player House wasn't appearing in the village.
  • Fixed Mana Fire incorrect duration
  • Fixed bounty journal description of Haunted Moors Incarnations
  • A few changes to salvaging/deleting items:
    • Items with a custom name can no longer be deleted or salvaged.
    • When salvaging an item, a warning will be shown IF the item is a premium, or a quest item. A warning will also be shown IF the item has a rarity of rare (or greater) AND the item is soulbound.
    • Double-clicking an item with "trash" selected will no longer delete the item by bypassing the confirmation message-box.
  • Fixed incorrect map icon in Summer's Hollow for Cooking Fish (was showing as Oil Fish).
  • Hopefully fixed an issue that prevented the Benefactress from giving a replacement "Half-Broken Locket" if the first one was lost.
    • NOTE: This does not fix any players already experiencing this issue.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the following bosses to not show up as an elder in the quest journal, or on the mini-map:
    • Silkslinger
    • Desecrato
    • Albino Boar
    • Zagreb
    • Novacore
    • Obsidon
    • Ignim
    • Orog Doomslayer
    • Ceth Arkenblood
    • Droktor
    • Koggenstein
    • Lord Pyrrus
    • Skarn
    • Dijarra
    • Mutagen

PC Only
  • Hopefully fixed an issue that caused Flair Icons to sometimes be selected even when the cursor was not in the check-box.

Mobile Only
  • Added an achievement menu to mobile.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented the male model in character create from appearing if previously using the female model, and female hairstyle was greater-than 17.
  • Shrink Knowledge Book right pane name text to fit on screen if text is too long.

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
  1. iOS
Season 7 of Raids, 'Treasures of the Ancients,' has arrived! Get ready for all new rewards and a variety of improvements to the raids themselves, as well as to Dungeoneering. But just what are these ancient treasures? Players will be finding out in our next build, when these exciting new items begin appearing in the world!
when you say next build I’m reading it the next after this one, right?

Squonk

Master Villager
Characters
Squonk, Auburn Bow, Morgawa, Auburn Shade, Auburn Flame, Auburn Assassin, Medusala, Auburn Saint, +2
Platform
  1. PC
Any chance for future seasons an option could be added when creating a raid to choose between "player selects routes" and "randomize routes"?
Removing all choice and relying on random chance for certain classes/builds to get an achievable raid isn't appealing to some.

Schlakatie

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Schlakatie, Schlaki, Ballaballa, Niut
Platform
  1. Android
Danke danke danke, endlich die Erfolge auch mobil. Ich liebe euch 😀

Fredda

Shaman
Platform
  1. iOS
Thanks for the update. I hope I can get the bird. Have you thought of changing up what’s at the vendor. i have purchased everything available it doesn’t look like it’s changed for a while.

looking forward to all the fun this season.

Reactions: cheesedust and Xantia
  • Likex2

Dawnfire

Lumineer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Athon Dawnfire
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
Really superb patch, with lot of great improvements to raids. Just did a few bronze runs with some friends, and the dungeoneering leveling felt great, not to mention that we only had to do 1 bronze to progress to silver tier. Swamp and Cloister feels better too! Now if only Cata could get some love as well... but honestly great stuff, it's one of the few patches for me that really feels like a solid update to the game, can't wait for the next one, with the treasures :)

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
  1. iOS
I’m a little concerned, I was expecting the raid season to be a bit father away and I was expecting a new raid considering we haven’t had any new combat content for about a year now (last new addition was the horde of horror last year) that’s a long time to go without anything combat related not including minor fixes/improvements and the biggest gap to new content of this kind I’ve seen In my 3 years playing.

Rohana

Adventurer
Characters
Rohana - Romilly
Platform
  1. PC
  2. Steam
Added a hint about what the expected Dungeoneering level should be per-tier in raids.
Can anyone tell me where this hint is?
I'm blind, I've looked and looked but I can't find it :(
PS: Nvm, I found it!

Reactions: Xantia
  • Likex1

Jytal

Servant of Mallok
Platform
  1. iOS
Randomized second set of objectives in Bellamere palace
At about the 40 minute mark of the last live stream live stream link Damon says that randomized routes are a test in season 6 to see how players like it, if it is not liked and based on player feedback changes could be made for season 7.
In Xantia's challenging content poll, 21 voters said they prefer to choose their route while 12 prefer random routes. poll link
Raid season 6 review , Raids feedback , Raids and stuff are also feedback based on experiences in season 6.

The majority of players DO NOT like randomized routes yet, in season 7 instead of allowing players to choose routes all routes became randomized.
Based on player feedback, please allow players to choose their routes and remove the randomization.

I do not like randomized routes because routes are unbalanced between routes, some take longer, some have more stuns, etc. Just for a simple example since the second set of objectives in palace are randomized, players typically go to the left two rooms. That is because on the right, there are earth shamans with earth shard that can one shot players including tanks. The other room on the right has aoe stuns scatter in the room. I want to enjoy raids, not be forced into rooms with aoe stuns or one shots.

L⠀⠀

Wizard
Characters
L (Fire), Death (Nature), Lilith (Shadow), Dragon (Fury) and Moon (Hybrid)
Platform
  1. Android
I would like to inform you that the “Noxious Shot” ability of the Nature Hunter is not operating as expected. Previously, after unlocking the “Plaguelord” talent (with a 30-point investment in the nature talent tree), it was possible to hit up to five targets. However, after the latest update, I have noticed that only one target is being affected by this ability.

Reactions: Xantia
  • Wowx1

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
  1. PC
Wow… this has already caused a wee irritation to me… when I craft about 30 blue/rare items + and also salvage blue/rare drops… how many times do I have to click yes? 🤔 On top of pulling and dragging the salvage around my bags to salvage them items… Kinda adding mere steps and obstacles to salvaging items (as its only part time hobby to only saving a little material costs)… 🤣🤣

Possible Solution: Adding an option to turn on and off safety measures. I would be happy if salvaging double checks with epic and leggy but rare? Nae, nae good idea, me thinks! Not really practical.
Salvaging items should only trigger the confirmation if the item is rare or greater AND is soulbound. Crafted items should not be soulbound until equipped, so there should not be any confirmation required. The same goes for any drops - they will only require the confirmation if they are soulbound.

Reactions: Elijah Lin, Xantia and Zazie
  • Wowx1
  • Likex1
  • Lovex1

chocaholic

Great Adventurer
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
Hi Everyone,
Great to see raids up and running again. We have been running 2 person raids and noticed that you still need 36 souls on cata. Should this number be reduced if you are running two person instead of three person?
I notice the raid is still saying 2/3 as well. The raids are so much fun now we only have to run bronze once.
Thanks
Choca