Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
iOS
Yeah personally I’m loving it, stuff that can touch me is so rare ;). In general I’m trying to put my own feelings aside and be objective and consider the feelings of those that are hopping to use the content to supplement 75+ lvling.

Reactions: Candy Cotton
  • Hahax1

Candy Cotton

Warrior
Characters
Candy Cotton, Bruja, Denebola, Khirka, Batea, Mintaka
Platform
Android, PC
Some players have complained for a long time asking for HARD content. This is what you've been given.

There are some things you have to figure out with each boss, things that are a part of each bounty's defenses that you need to observe to figure out how to
Some players have complained for a long time asking for HARD content. This is what you've been given.

There are some things you have to figure out with each boss, things that are a part of each bounty's defenses that you need to observe to figure out how to defeat it.
So players not interested in hard content can just go straight from Sanctorium to Coille?
Minor group made complaint and got Rift just for themselves? Thought they had raids for it. Ok, all clear now.

Reactions: Perlio
  • Likex1

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Last edited
For years players wanted and asked for harder content. So when harder content was added, other players started complaining "its too hard" or I'm dying too much" so as a result they nerfed the hard content so it became more of the same we already have.

I see you didn't address my other comment, "There are some things you have to figure out with each boss, things that are a part of each bounty's defenses that you need to observe to figure out how to defeat it. " And that could very well be a part of why you are dying so much. Figuring out the mechanics of a zone is how you eventually can defeat the zone.
Just like Antivirus noted:
I’m not saying it isn’t too difficult, what I’m saying is in general we aren’t doing exactly what the mechanics are asking of us.
Every area is playable by everyone once their level or questing allow them to areas, and if they want to go there. If you want to go do the "HARD CONTENT" you can, no one is stopping you.

Reactions: Zazie, CaraLox and Perlio
  • Likex2
  • Hahax1

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
If you believe something is bugged, then by all means send a bug report in during the time it happens.
Also maybe discuss things with your group during and/or after the fight. Some of the things might be mechanics and that's how we found stuff out.

Reactions: Zazie
  • Likex1

Candy Cotton

Warrior
Characters
Platform
Android, PC
For years players wanted and asked for harder content. So when harder content was added, other players started complaining "its too hard" or I'm dying too much" so as a result they nerfed the hard content so it became more of the same we already have.

I see you didn't address my other comment, "There are some things you have to figure out with each boss, things that are a part of each bounty's defenses that you need to observe to figure out how to defeat it. " And that could very well be a part of why you are dying so much. Figuring out the mechanics of a zone is how you eventually can defeat the zone.

Every area is playable by everyone once their level or questing allow them to areas, and if they want to go there. If you want to go do the "HARD CONTENT" you can, no one is stopping you.
Are you trying to say that you made it thru Rift with toon under 95 without dying because you figured it out?
Do you seriously believe that lvl 75 player and full socketed lvl 95 player have equal chance to pass the Rift as soon as they understand the mechanics of each boss?
I have never heard of any player complain about easiness or hardness of old Rift. Was Rift and issue before? If it was, than my mistake by misinterpreting the whole case.
For every player hard content means different thing. Ranching is hard content more than Rift. Its hard as hell, and boring.
And why in a world would you think analysis of run in Rift is a complaint? Its just analysis.

Reactions: Perlio
  • Lovex1

Candy Cotton

Warrior
Characters
Platform
Android, PC
If you believe something is bugged, then by all means send a bug report in during the time it happens.
Also maybe discuss things with your group during and/or after the fight. Some of the things might be mechanics and that's how we found stuff out.
IrishEfl, I finished the run with 2 char, lvl 95 and lvl 81.
Will excuse myself from this conversation as I see everything I said so far about Rift on this thread took you in a wrong direction.
🤨

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Are you trying to say that you made it thru Rift with toon under 95 without dying because you figured it out?
Do you seriously believe that lvl 75 player and full socketed lvl 95 player have equal chance to pass the Rift as soon as they understand the mechanics of each boss?
I have never heard of any player complain about easiness or hardness of old Rift. Was Rift and issue before? If it was, than my mistake by misinterpreting the whole case.
The Rift when it was added to the game was very much like the new incarnation.... Extremely difficult for our levels. Oh for sure, it was incredibly difficult for a level 75, we died repeatedly and didn't finish often! We originally had to craft gear (weapon and armor) for each level with drops we got from killing the boss before it. Then we had to try to figure out the mechanics so we could actually kill the bounty. We could only get drops every other day and the drops were random so it took many days to get what we needed to make the gear. If our crafting wasn't at the proper level, we had to pay a high gold price to have an NC make our gear. If a player without the gear tried to join us we failed to kill the bounty. But we eventually did figure out the mechanics of each boss, and we were able to defeat them. But it took months do finally do it.

Because it was so hard, the original mechanics were changed to make it easier and eventually it just became mostly easy side content.

Reactions: Zazie
  • Likex1

Candy Cotton

Warrior
Characters
Platform
Android, PC
I’m not saying it isn’t too difficult, what I’m saying is in general we aren’t doing exactly what the mechanics are asking of us.

when the boss gets to about 80% hp he starts to spawn adds if he has only 2 or less adds up he goes a bit nasty. So we need to let adds live at this point but when he has 7+ adds he also goes nasty and we need to kill some. There are 2 threats here:-

1. when he Is a nasty state your best option is to run and heal
2. the adds them self need control so in large groups they don’t start mobbing players

basically we would see less deaths if we controlled these things and if we are aware of them and react to them. Frankly I think smaller groups will fair better at this but yes ultimately the mechanics are hard to play around for all but the most experienced players that in its self might suggest a nerf is a good idea.
I took your advice. I made it to the end. Was kind of emotional to start with 30+ group and end up with 12 at last boss. What happened at 2nd boss with all these dead people, I dont know. Tanks died. I mean you were there so you know how it was. I saw few players kicking mobs, but seems that wasnt the issue. If those wizards are same like at Rotburga, then they needed to be killed. Honestly, I felt messing around with mobs was the safest spot in the room.

tanks died.jpg

Drakz

Grand Priest
Characters
Drakz, Zelior, Slowburn, Scab, Drakzy
Platform
PC
Not me. After hitting Pumpkinhead and then Bonnie/Clyde 4-5 times a day with no drop, I will give it a hard pass in the future.
yea the drop rate is so low your lucky to even hear about another player getting let alone actually seeing one

Drakz

Grand Priest
Characters
Platform
PC
I took your advice. I made it to the end. Was kind of emotional to start with 30+ group and end up with 12 at last boss. What happened at 2nd boss with all these dead people, I dont know. Tanks died. I mean you were there so you know how it was. I saw few players kicking mobs, but seems that wasnt the issue. If those wizards are same like at Rotburga, then they needed to be killed. Honestly, I felt messing around with mobs was the safest spot in the room.

View attachment 16944
wow thats insane i have ran it a few times and got a few completions but have never seen death like that lol

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
iOS
To be fair we had extra difficulty’s from non-English speaking people today and it looked like the massacre happened as the boss was power up from the too few mobs effect, I lost my “will to live” bonus but that was it and it was the only time I went kinda down during the whole run. Also too be fair my def over aggro approach to my spec and the current popularity of our runs means I’m often playing second fiddle to other tanks so am pretty safe I’ll have to wait till they get board/run out of resses before I’ll be able to main tank it.

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
So after I end up on tp, went to NPC and gave her 20 mana to teleport me back. And guess what, she teleport me not back in fight, but in front of his door. Omg this was so disturbing....and I was so upset, could not open the door and continue fight.
Seriously? I payed 20 mana eflux to stand in front of Nashanni's door and just get the key withouth chance to get involved in a fight? At that point I had no interest in key. Boss was dead and there was a bitter taste of victory while proceeding to the next boss Ayect. Was more of a feeling of defeat mixed with excitement whats gonna be next.
Also, maybe discuss things with your group during and/or after the fight. Some of the things might be mechanics and that's how we found stuff out.
Will excuse myself from this conversation as I see everything I said so far about Rift on this thread took you in a wrong direction.
Not really, I was responding to things you said specifically.

Can we move on now?
:D :D

Candy Cotton

Warrior
Characters
Platform
Android, PC
wow thats insane i have ran it a few times and got a few completions but have never seen death like that lol
How big were the groups you've run with? Last night was big lag with 30+ group. Lag is lethal as prevents moving in desirable direction and healing. Later on when number of players dropped was little bit better.

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
iOS
Last edited
Ideal combat content according to Antavious:-

.All content should contain some sort of threat to a players safety threat to ranged dps, healers and even melee dps should be less than the threat to the main tank.
.threat must be avoidable.
.threat must be consistent to how frequently it occurs.
.threat must be consistent to how easy/hard it is to avoid.

so basically something powerful enough to fell a super def spec player in one shot should be infrequent and relatively easy to avoid.

honestly This is probably really difficult to balance right as there is so much variance to consider, overall content in this game has little or no threat and most players are used to this and to a degree expect it. Personally I think the devs are doing a great job bringing in more content that challenges us all to be better players and I always think as long as content is winnable players will rise to it and eventually overcome it. The good thing about a co-operative game is we can all help each other, it just takes time before we can that’s all.

Reactions: Catori and Candy Cotton
  • Likex2

Candy Cotton

Warrior
Characters
Platform
Android, PC
Greetings from E1 🙂
tonights run was superfun with 20+ players and almost no lag. 14 made it to the end. Others were out of voltans.
Every life matters and Im disturbed to see the amount of voltans players have to use every night. We are not dumb server. All of the bosses we understand well enough and most issues tonight was with Ayect. I was fine there. Healers and tanks were doing a great job.
Went with my lvl 81 shadow priest so my perspective was completely different from when I went with lvl 95 warrior. Its alot easier for sure, you can keep safe distance when needed and of course heal yourself alot faster (no bottles used).

My warrior has no voltans and out of heal bottles. So every night I go Rift with phoenix and conjured trinket. I go until I can, made it 2 times so far and im in the Rift every night 1 run. I feel pretty useless as Im not tank, but fury with good defense and therefore low dmg. So basicly my build is focused on my personal needs. Every tiny little mistake I make cost me going back to tp. Or is that really the reason?

Very intersting is to go Rift with shadow priest and bag full of voltans. No stress, if I die, will resurrect and continue. I never use them for other content, so I have good amount of it. With priest as a ranged you can see alot stuff going on that you will probably miss as a melee. So I will repeat Anta's advice, when in trouble move away and take care of yourself.
Tonight was my 2nd run, made it both times. I died only once. At Lisosia.
Skitters were chasing me around the room, I could not get rid of them. They were on me, like glued. This was going on for a while. They killed me. I did not touch them at any point as that would make problem to other players. I was hitting the boss. Was it a bug? I dont know. Maybe thats how suppose to be. Hilariours. 😆
Was not hard content, just weird and funny.

At Chaminder could not heal myself. I was hit by his aoe (?), think several times, my health dropped very low I healed 100% then again dropped (1%?), then I again healed, then few times like that. Was on the edge of death for several minutes. My health was going up and down like crazy from 1 to 100 to 1 and again, and again. And was like never ending dmg over time. But what kind of amount of dmg over time would do this. Unless were several crits in a row. Few people died at that very moment.

good run tonight.jpg

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
iOS
I never see what happens in that fight, nothing there can touch me in the slightest bit people seam to die for some reason. Most seam to blame the fire runes on the ground which may not be visible when “show all effects“ is off at least some of the time, but I do see them and sometimes even let them hit me because they do so little to me? So idk.

Drakz

Grand Priest
Characters
Platform
PC
I never see what happens in that fight, nothing there can touch me in the slightest bit people seam to die for some reason. Most seam to blame the fire runes on the ground which may not be visible when “show all effects“ is off at least some of the time, but I do see them and sometimes even let them hit me because they do so little to me? So idk.
yea I seem to be able to see them just fine. Like you I don't think they do much damage and also think they are slow at triggering the damage, it seems we have plenty of time to move out of them.

Reactions: Candy Cotton
  • Likex1

Candy Cotton

Warrior
Characters
Platform
Android, PC
No, I saw them on the ground and so far they were not leathal for neither of my chars. I don't think they are issue. I was also on them for a sec few times last night, was not much dmg. Will see if something will repeat next time I'm there..