Xantia

Arch Wizard
Characters
Xantia, Battle Bunny, Airoe, Sinzin, Erthena
Platform
Android, PC
I understand the frustration with the complex mechanics in the new Rift and I hope it will become more enjoyable, as players learn the mechanics and write some guides to help others. 🙂

Reactions: Zazie
  • Likex1

Shamrockfox

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
Android
Last edited
Not me. After hitting Pumpkinhead and then Bonnie/Clyde 4-5 times a day with no drop, I will give it a hard pass in the future.
I understand that, I also fought them over 100 times each and never got anything, but like I said the fun is in trying, and for those of us who like playing the event zones, and do these bosses every chance we can get, it makes it worth playing even more for that special mount, that few others will ever have.

Reactions: Littlenymph and Xantia
  • Likex2

Nestor Power

Reader
Platform
PC, Steam
I just want to say that I don't like scaling. Whatever content is introduced, it is everywhere. it doesn't even matter what build or items you have, you stupidly hitting boss with the team. I can't even see improvements on my character, if i put new items or new runes. Yes, I can deal a lot of damage, i see it on charts, but i no feels it. I do not feel the progression of my character. I noticed it before (1-75 lvl), but not now.

Candy Cotton

Warrior
Characters
Candy Cotton, Bruja, Denebola, Khirka, Batea, Mintaka
Platform
Android, PC
I agree, new rift is totally terrible.
At first day, as lvl 90 warrior i died at second boss with unknown reason from full hp to zero. It was over for me.
Second day, somehow i reached sixth boss and died there immediately after fight start. Lot of lvl capped players dying there and until you no want to waste hundreds of ressurects just skip it. I don't waste ressurects at such content and they said it's possible to teleport back where u died but it isn't.
I would skip it myself but i didn't know it is that hard... Now i have 3 quests in my journal stuck and they will scary me there forever as it is not possible to complete full run... I wish there was option to return quest back to npc if you decide to not bother with it or if it's impossible to complete.
And i agree with that they took away another source of xp after 75 what been already terrible with this huuge lack of xp... I hardly doubt any 75 player will complete new rift when even 90% of capped players can't.
Few of us died at 2nd boss instant kill from black ball. Maybe my mistake didn't move fast enough or was 1sec lag, don't know. Dying does not disturbe me, its how you learn, problem is, you can't go back like you could in old Rift. That's what I miss from old Rift....you could take a walk from 1 to 10th boss and learn on your own. New Rift looks more fun but is demoralizing and discouraging to be 100% dependable on group and keys.

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
iOS
Looks like you will be able to go back after you complete more of the quests, after the lag was dealt with it was clear the only reason boss no.6 was so hard was because the lag ment it was getting healing all the time not when it was supposed too lol. I thaught I was missing something but it was just lag

Candy Cotton

Warrior
Characters
Platform
Android, PC
Looks like you will be able to go back after you complete more of the quests, after the lag was dealt with it was clear the only reason boss no.6 was so hard was because the lag ment it was getting healing all the time not when it was supposed too lol. I thaught I was missing something but it was just lag
I'm aware you can go back but it's not free, either use Voltan or tp from NPC. People were dying in old Rift but was never a big deal, we would all wait the player to come back and repeat the boss. Nobody's dumb here, all gonna eventually figure out what to do or not at each boss, the problem is in
long term who wants to use so many Voltans or use that Rift currency which is hard to get?

Damon Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Hi Everyone,
Thanks for all the feedback!

About the new Rift: please continue to let us know what you think. It is a newborn baby--this is only day 3--and we are already making improvements as I write this-- so it will take some time to mature and grow. Some notes:
  • When it launched, Lag was terrible-- the lag was so bad that everything was too hard, so now that lag has been reduced, the Rift will be easier.
  • It will take some time for all of you to come up with good strategies- the Rift will become easier to complete as better standard strategies evolve
  • The Rift isn't fully playbalanced yet. We did a playbalance pass internally, and then a playbalance pass on Test server, but now that it's Live we can playbalance with larger groups.
  • The Rift hasn't had a chance to be iterated on- we can and will make adjustments in response to your feedback.
I personally believe the new Rift is a positive step in the right direction. We want to learn and improve it, with all of your help. Give us specifics on where it falls short (ie, boss X is too hard/easy; not enough/too much xp per run; greatly favors/punishes level 95s vs. level 75s; wish I could do it more often/less often; too hard/easy to solo).

Thanks!
Damon

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
iOS
i did kinda poke at the first boss a bit to see how solo was but didn’t leave much of a dent so as it stands a guy who can solo the 95 elders dose not think the bosses are soloable (at least without a min of 20+ full heals) but I’m also quite frugal and wouldn’t waste that many pots on just the first boss.

Xantia

Arch Wizard
Characters
Platform
Android, PC
I very much appreciate the time and effort, put into creating the new Rift. I know V has had these wonderful mechanics and ideas, percolating for quite a while and he's been eager to share them with us. 🤩👍

However, I was hoping that we would keep the current Rift map and quests. Then just scale the bosses to give level-appropriate experience and loot drops, for players 75-95. I was hoping they'd be challenging, but not impossible to solo. So, players could run them alone or in groups. I also thought there might be some daily quests added. I really just wanted another set of daily bounties and quests, to alleviate the 75-85 bottleneck and prevent players from running out of content (and becoming bored), while they wait for reset. 🙂

Candy Cotton

Warrior
Characters
Platform
Android, PC
i did kinda poke at the first boss a bit to see how solo was but didn’t leave much of a dent so as it stands a guy who can solo the 95 elders dose not think the bosses are soloable (at least without a min of 20+ full heals) but I’m also quite frugal and wouldn’t waste that many pots on just the first boss.
i tried too, 4x 40k dmg over time killed me although was something else going on there,couldnt figure out exacly what. Would need alot heals over time i guess.

Candy Cotton

Warrior
Characters
Platform
Android, PC
Hi Everyone,
Thanks for all the feedback!

About the new Rift: please continue to let us know what you think. It is a newborn baby--this is only day 3--and we are already making improvements as I write this-- so it will take some time to mature and grow. Some notes:
  • When it launched, Lag was terrible-- the lag was so bad that everything was too hard, so now that lag has been reduced, the Rift will be easier.
  • It will take some time for all of you to come up with good strategies- the Rift will become easier to complete as better standard strategies evolve
  • The Rift isn't fully playbalanced yet. We did a playbalance pass internally, and then a playbalance pass on Test server, but now that it's Live we can playbalance with larger groups.
  • The Rift hasn't had a chance to be iterated on- we can and will make adjustments in response to your feedback.
I personally believe the new Rift is a positive step in the right direction. We want to learn and improve it, with all of your help. Give us specifics on where it falls short (ie, boss X is too hard/easy; not enough/too much xp per run; greatly favors/punishes level 95s vs. level 75s; wish I could do it more often/less often; too hard/easy to solo).

Thanks!
Damon
New Rift is more fun than old one and for sure positive step in the right direction. I went 2 times with lvl 95 warrior, made it until 6th boss as we didnt know what exacly we were suppose to be doing there,
Tonight I went with my lvl 80 shadow priest, I made to the end. This was first Rift I did on this char. I wouldnt made it withouth 5 Voltans, 6 half heals, 2 full heals, curse necklace, self heal, self shield, few player healers who did a great job, and of course tanks.
I really felt sad for the ppl that couldnt finish. All lasted near 1h. Was disturbing to see lvl 95 players fall like rotten apples from a tree and this wasnt their 1st run and they knew what they were suppose to do. My problem was boss with ghost/clone. Dont know exacly from what I was dying there, its room where I used 5 voltans and all those heals which I never have need to use in game. I was cloned but not damaged, think was something on the floor, too many effects prevent to see clearly when to move.
Whats interesting, out of 10 bosses few are really easy to kill. Others are too much, like too much going on at 1 boss.
Congrats to server EU1. 💐
Hope to hear from other servers as well...
(screenshoot is just one tiny little part of dying, was alot more)

Attachments

Anthonyv3

Warrior
Characters
anthony1ato , YnohtSuiTen, AnhtKaze
Platform
Android, PC
Personally, I loved it, I liked being able to discover and build strategies to overcome each boss. There is only one thing that I have noticed these days, it is difficult to bring people together to form a group, what I have noticed is that people do not have much interest in it due to the lack of rewards "there is no reward that is worthwhile" is what I've seen what some say.

and this mission that cannot be activated, it only says "come back later"
p2.jpg

Anthonyv3

Warrior
Characters
anthony1ato , YnohtSuiTen, AnhtKaze
Platform
Android, PC
New Rift is more fun than old one and for sure positive step in the right direction. I went 2 times with lvl 95 warrior, made it until 6th boss as we didnt know what exacly we were suppose to be doing there,
Tonight I went with my lvl 80 shadow priest, I made to the end. This was first Rift I did on this char. I wouldnt made it withouth 5 Voltans, 6 half heals, 2 full heals, curse necklace, self heal, self shield, few player healers who did a great job, and of course tanks.
I really felt sad for the ppl that couldnt finish. All lasted near 1h. Was disturbing to see lvl 95 players fall like rotten apples from a tree and this wasnt their 1st run and they knew what they were suppose to do. My problem was boss with ghost/clone. Dont know exacly from what I was dying there, its room where I used 5 voltans and all those heals which I never have need to use in game. I was cloned but not damaged, think was something on the floor, too many effects prevent to see clearly when to move.
Whats interesting, out of 10 bosses few are really easy to kill. Others are too much, like too much going on at 1 boss.
The ghosts have a protection with which they cannot be damaged, to remove the protection you have to reach the circles that are on the ground when they are throwing a light, if the ghosts are taken there, the protection they have is removed

With time and deaths, they can be compensated with the enchantments and teleportations that are inside the tower, you just have to level them up

Candy Cotton

Warrior
Characters
Platform
Android, PC
Personally, I loved it, I liked being able to discover and build strategies to overcome each boss. There is only one thing that I have noticed these days, it is difficult to bring people together to form a group, what I have noticed is that people do not have much interest in it due to the lack of rewards "there is no reward that is worthwhile" is what I've seen what some say.

View attachment 16836
dont remember old Rift was filled with rewards either. I would only like to see alot more xp than this, that would be really motivating for ppl to engage more. Like old HoS....was 5%, and thats alot for 80 to end. When you needed like 20% to pass to next lvl, most ppl wouldn kill maps 10+, they knew they need to do 4 x HoS, now that was superfun. Personally, I dont need rewards in form of gear. Toys are fun for a while but all eventually end up in vault collecting dust. Gold as a reward is ok, but gold you can get elsewhere in a lot different ways. Would be unique to have a place where you can get 5% per run which is important from 75+. Its not about getting fast to the endgame, its about not having to kill from Coille to Gotrin 10+ times or more.
For xp as a reward all server would go Rift with no prob. I mean, I killed Basido 5x and thought thats it with grinding maps. If only I knew what was in front me.

Candy Cotton

Warrior
Characters
Platform
Android, PC
The ghosts have a protection with which they cannot be damaged, to remove the protection you have to reach the circles that are on the ground when they are throwing a light, if the ghosts are taken there, the protection they have is removed

With time and deaths, they can be compensated with the enchantments and teleportations that are inside the tower, you just have to level them up
i dont remember I could move at all. I dont want to tp with that 30 mana thing, as its hard to get.

V

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Generally with all new combat content there will be an adjustment and balancing period, and the Rift is no exception. Expect to see some damage tweaks as well as other changes to help alleviate the frustration players are experiencing. Constructive criticism is always helpful, especially with specific examples of predominant issues.

Some changes to Maradar will be arriving in a future patch which should hopefully ease the difficulty with its cloning mechanic. If there are any other bosses that seem overtuned please let us know which.

The weekly quest will be fixed in an upcoming patch. Along with that, the Rift bosses will drop Elder boss quality loot. Hopefully those changes will increase the incentive to visit the Rift.

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
iOS
So last night I ran with about 20 players but we only had 1 or 2 80-90 healers it was a massacre people were useing up all there rezzes (I my self used 2 i can’t remember the last time I needed that) we got to the 5th boss. Not quite sure how well healing scales but they were having a really hard time keeping me up and I’m a fully loaded def player (i have green haven origin for extra 8% magic resist I have celestial crown and flute for 6% armour and magic resist and 25% dodge I got 400-500k hp depending on buffs fully loaded on them too, I use phoenix strike and the 5 point talent that amps it on constant cool-down I got the 10 point lightning talent and keep that healing constantly on too the shield feat, both healing trinkets my spec is pretty op really)

one more thing to note a player reported to me that he couldn’t progress after boss 1 because it didn’t drop a key. He said it was fine the first time he ran with me but it didn’t the next 2 times.

Candy Cotton

Warrior
Characters
Platform
Android, PC
So last night I ran with about 20 players but we only had 1 or 2 80-90 healers it was a massacre people were useing up all there rezzes (I my self used 2 i can’t remember the last time I needed that) we got to the 5th boss. Not quite sure how well healing scales but they were having a really hard time keeping me up and I’m a fully loaded def player (i have green haven origin for extra 8% magic resist I have celestial crown and flute for 6% armour and magic resist and 25% dodge I got 400-500k hp depending on buffs fully loaded on them too, I use phoenix strike and the 5 point talent that amps it on constant cool-down I got the 10 point lightning talent and keep that healing constantly on too the shield feat, both healing trinkets my spec is pretty op really)

one more thing to note a player reported to me that he couldn’t progress after boss 1 because it didn’t drop a key. He said it was fine the first time he ran with me but it didn’t the next 2 times.
Do you know what exactly killed you and what were you doing at that point? I felt was easier with lvl 80 shadow priest than lvl 95 hybrid warrior. With priest I finished, problem was Maradar where had to use voltans. With warrior was instant kill at 6th boss 1st run. 2nd run was alone left with 2 other lvl 95 players, everyone else died.
Regarding key, happened to me too. On a 2nd run I didn't pick up 2 keys so I just went in panick through open door...I actually thought you only needed key for the first time kill...

Shamrockfox

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
Android
Dear Otters,
Any chance you can make more event zone daily quest? Mainly like the fairy killing parties, let's say something like kill 25 of each type, that maybe can give us 25 tears for completion each? I know Raddor gives us the 6 daily, but this would also help those players who never finished the first 250, and give those who already have more of a push to help. Thanks for reading this.

Reactions: Xantia
  • Likex1

Xantia

Arch Wizard
Characters
Platform
Android, PC
the Rift bosses will drop Elder boss quality loot
Will the loot be scaled to the player's current level and will everyone have their own drops, as we have with current elders? :)