Squonk

Master Villager
Characters
Squonk, Auburn Bow, Morgawa, Auburn Shade, Auburn Flame, Auburn Assassin, Medusala, Auburn Saint, +2
Platform
  1. PC
I originally said "eww cooldowns" when the mount abilities were announced, but they seem fine so far, especially for the amount of speed/jump the abilities give. Nice addition to the game :)

Inasani

Citizen
Yeah, that'll be brightened.

1. On PC it is also too dark.

mountskilltodark.png
mountskilltodark2activated.png

2. There is no way to keybind this slot yet. It would be very nice, if that were possible.

3. The Cougars (and some other mounts too) have a special visual effect, if you use the jump-button while not moving (most mounts only make a sound when you do this). BUT this so cool visual effect can only see the player itself and it is not showed to other players and thats quite a shame cause it looks sooo cool.

mountvisualeffekt.png

(4. offtopic: The new Lilith model looks awesome and fits wonderfully in the environment. Fantastic work.)

Reactions: Mudcart
  • Likex1

Sean Ryan

Mad Otter Games
Developer
The Cougars (and some other mounts too) have a special visual effect, if you use the jump-button while not moving (most mounts only make a sound when you do this). BUT this so cool visual effect can only see the player itself and it is not showed to other players and thats quite a shame cause it looks sooo cool.
I'm looking into this as well.

Pieberry

Master Villager
Royal Guardian
Characters
Berit, Notta Bricklayer, Sumida Gawa, Ephie
Platform
  1. iOS
Now that things from crown shop can be traded when purchased on mobile (yay! thanks!) how can we tell if something will be tradable? Some stuff doesn't say in the description.

Paahunu

Squirrel
Platform
  1. iOS
What happened to the hill guardians in Badlands? Needing to kill 15 for Dudon's trial, but where they used to be are various types of brutes instead. Are the hill guardians still there? Or is this quest broken?

Firebird

Wizard
Platform
  1. PC
Did you try killing the brutes to see if guardians spawned in their place? If you did and had no result you could bug report it.

Reactions: IrishElf
  • Likex1

Cthulhu

Shaman
Platform
  1. Android
I see now we have an always flashing store button, even in raids. Well.

Nekronos

Servant of Mallok
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
Bug Fixes
  • Slightly increased the radius of the Red Prince's Blood Pool ability.

I run solo and with Groups and i never have seen so much Player die. The spots overlap so that escape is impossible. Also some realy good players with top equip died also easyly. Please fix or undo the changes

Sumi

Arch Wizard
Characters
Sumia, Sumie, Sumii, Sumio, Sumiu
Platform
  1. iOS
  2. PC
Bug Fixes
  • Slightly increased the radius of the Red Prince's Blood Pool ability.

I run solo and with Groups and i never have seen so much Player die. The spots overlap so that escape is impossible. Also some realy good players with top equip died also easyly. Please fix or undo the changes
I believe this change was to prevent an exploit where players could 100% ignore the Blood Pool mechanic. Now, players just have to play the game how it's intended, and avoid the pools by running out of them when they spawn (if you happen to be standing where one is spawning). There is a nice amount of time from the time it spawns to the time it starts ticking damage, so there's generally enough time to run out of the pool. Of course, players who choose to stand in the spots in corners, for example, furthest from escaping the pools should one spawn in that area, chose a poor location lacking foresight. Just gotta adapt to the changes and think ahead, just in case. 😁 I'm honestly glad they fixed it though! Booo exploits. 🤮

Jytal

Servant of Mallok
Platform
  1. iOS
I believe this change was to prevent an exploit where players could 100% ignore the Blood Pool mechanic. Now, players just have to play the game how it's intended, and avoid the pools by running out of them when they spawn (if you happen to be standing where one is spawning). There is a nice amount of time from the time it spawns to the time it starts ticking damage, so there's generally enough time to run out of the pool. Of course, players who choose to stand in the spots in corners, for example, furthest from escaping the pools should one spawn in that area, chose a poor location lacking foresight. Just gotta adapt to the changes and think ahead, just in case. 😁 I'm honestly glad they fixed it though! Booo exploits. 🤮
There's always been a bug where sometimes the blood pools or Nico's ohko fire does not show the runes to warn of the attack before they kill you. Typically this is more prevalent in larger raids/bad lag days.
With larger blood pools, not being able to see the blood pools to dodge them leads to more deaths. It's good that can't stand in corner the whole time and actually have to play to the mechanics but, you can't play against mechanics you can't see. I wish the invisible runes were fixed before making the pools larger because it makes the invisible pool problem worse.

Reactions: Renaiss and Jolon
  • Likex2

Jolon

Adventurer
Characters
Jolon, Jenalya
Platform
  1. iOS
There's always been a bug where sometimes the blood pools or Nico's ohko fire does not show the runes to warn of the attack before they kill you. Typically this is more prevalent in larger raids/bad lag days.
With larger blood pools, not being able to see the blood pools to dodge them leads to more deaths. It's good that can't stand in corner the whole time and actually have to play to the mechanics but, you can't play against mechanics you can't see. I wish the invisible runes were fixed before making the pools larger because it makes the invisible pool problem worse.
The blood pools being invisible or killing you before they show up on the screen (so you see them just as the death mobile black screen takes over) has been a problem for a while. It is the single most frustrating thing for me in any raid.

Reactions: Sinjin, Mudcart and Jytal
  • Likex2
  • Sadx1

Nekronos

Servant of Mallok
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
Edit from first Post. Seems more a Problem with the Team Raid and the numbers of group members modification. Played today HH1 solo ad got no Problems. And about sumi it was not a exploit in the midle was a spot where you could stand save.

Screenshot_2023.02.11_10.11.25.253.png

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
  1. iOS
I have always said mechanics like this need to have balanced power the formula is simple: the harder the effect is to avoid the weaker the damage it needs to be. Except for it not getting to spots it was balanced but now to adjust that problem the devs have made the effect harder to avoid without lowering the damage. So to me it’s an easy fix they just got to adjust the damage a little.

Sinjin

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
  1. iOS
To my mind, there are 2 problems here, really:

1) When an encounter reaches a trigger (i.e., the boss reaches X% health and initiates <some ground effect to avoid, fatal or not>), it sends a message to the client to display the visual cue on the ground and starts a timer for X seconds (on the server). When that timer expires X seconds later (usually 3 to 5 seconds, depending on boss, aoe size & number), the server will determine any player within the ground effect radius’ and applies dmg/kills those that didn’t make it out.

The cruddy part (that gets you killed) is the message to display that visual cue has to come from the server and the server assumes that every client has the same performance and doesn’t factor in any time for the message for transit or processing.
That works well, generally, when you’re on fiber or have every client with (roughly) the same RTT… but if you’re on something-less-than-5G mobile (or just have janky internet, or live in Singapore/Indonesia/Australia where your RTT is always 250ms higher than it is from say, Toronto-to-Chicago), then that fatal ground effect (that fiber players have 5 seconds to avoid) ends up being 1-2 seconds or just a death screen (whenever the transmission delay is greater than the delay between ‘visual cue’ and ‘fatal effect’.)

And this is just when the network/servers are under favorable conditions (I.e., no lag). (Most lag spikes that I see tend to last 5-15 seconds. Usually, anything higher than that results in a disconnect).

2) The global ‘Show All Effects’ setting on mobile was put in with the intention to keep the mobile client performant when players are in zones where you have 50-odd people (plus NPCs) all competing to hand-wave and splatter pixels. What it does is to filter effects for anyone (or anything) outside of your group. Unchecking ‘Show All Effects’ also filters some of these effects, fatal or otherwise.

It should be ‘Hide Non-party Player Effects’, so that it filters non-party player effects without filtering boss/ground effects the offensive target… but we haven’t had much success getting mobil-only problems addressed. Occasionally, they fix another boss’s effect, so… /bugreport and /pray.

Reactions: Pieberry
  • Likex1

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
  1. iOS
Wile this is all true the simply very large effects that are randomly places around the room sometimes leave no way out say your exiting the first and a second one appears at the edge so the only way is to traverse the whole diameter of the effect. It would be ok if the aoe was weak but it isn’t it’s reasonably good damage + an effect which lowers healing received. Still nothing to me but softer players are indeed struggling good tec or not.

Nekronos

Servant of Mallok
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
After a final test and analysis of the results, the level of mobs and damage is based on the HIGHEST player in the raid. In addition, depending on the client (PC, mobile, tablet), what system is used and the Internet connection can cause delays for some players. If the raid level is not high enough, the equipment is not optimal and the life points are too few, they will die as a one-hit. In the first post, the team was very different in terms of player and raid level and more in the middle level range. My assumption that there was an error in the patch was wrong. Gold and higher raids should remain a challenge.

Sinjin you already saidit in your Post also.

I would like to formally apologize for the falsely unleashed wave and excitement.

Attached are screens from the test run

Screenshot_2023.02.12_19.14.08.119.png Screenshot_2023.02.12_19.16.17.148.png

Dawnfire

Lumineer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Athon Dawnfire
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
Love the new mount abilities, they add a nice new layer/flavor to the gameplay. Hope to see more of them in the future!

Enjoying the new daily shop deals too. While the daily sale is nice, the exclusive deals are the ones that I enjoy and look forward to most. It's a really good move to include items there that are no longer available, and also really like that red darrig mounts can be purchased directly instead of gambling them for a while (just consider adding premium speed for the crown purchased ones). Overall really happy with these additions!