Candy Cotton

Warrior
Platform
PC
I think you are either missing or deliberately ignoring the point that the player in question "made progress" as you put it by CHEATING.

Buying items from the crown shop, or having AS membership is not cheating, any more than being able to play for 10 hours a day as opposed to just 2 is cheating.

Exploiting a loophole or glitch in the game is cheating, and that is what happened in this case (and it had nothing to do with xp by the way).
you took my words literally and completely missed the point. I really dont mind if someone made progress by cheating as I am not in pvp with that player. If someone would break into my bags and took my items, than I would care.

Candy Cotton

Warrior
Platform
PC
But it made a difference to the devs. They are the ones who spend their time creating ideas and looks and bosses. They can’t allow players to manipulate and abuse the system or it gets out of hand. I’m sure they didn’t want to remove him after all the time it took to come up with the idea and to create him but if they can’t see a fix within a few days the easiest thing they can do is remove it and work on a fix for the year to come. Just my two cents
in what concrete way it made difference to them you probably dont know. So another assumption. Nobody can abuse the system, you can only abuse the player. And I agree when Boss is bugged and ppl die becouse of it, has to be removed. But like I said,nobody was complaining on nothing.
We know nothing and probably will never find out.

Sultan

Hero
Characters
Account Deleted!
Platform
Android
Sadly someone deleted my Exploit Statement without Any Reason why. 😒

Sultan

Hero
Characters
Account Deleted!
Platform
Android
what was in it? 🙃
A Full Statement of Exploit and what is it and how is it work. There was also 2 Pictures of Map Explaining how you can Glitch thru it. These Bugs was Report for Years but never got fix. 😒
I mean if they don't Care Fixing these bugs then this Game will Definitely gonna get Negative Reviews
Edit: I'm Here to respectfully asking them to fix it!

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Sadly someone deleted my Exploit Statement without Any Reason why. 😒
Because explaining an exploit in public, in detail with maps showing exactly where to go, shows others HOW to and Where to go is against TOS. And anyone who continues to use any exploit is breaking TOS.

Reactions: Sultan
  • Likex1

Sultan

Hero
Characters
Account Deleted!
Platform
Android
Last edited
Because explaining an exploit in public, in detail with maps showing exactly where to go, shows others HOW to and Where to go is against TOS. And anyone who continues to use any exploit is breaking TOS.
Oh! I get it now. Thank you for the info. When you take down someone post. Explain it to them Privately so they know what mistake they are making.
Edit: I know it's going to break the Tos but Players Share them to their Friends and their Friends Share them to other and if its continuously gonna go like that... the 2 glitch that I explain to devs. Welp my Friends Share me how you can Exploit and Soffocate thru walls

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
you took my words literally and completely missed the point. I really dont mind if someone made progress by cheating as I am not in pvp with that player. If someone would break into my bags and took my items, than I would care.
Well, all I can say is you are obviously a better person than me, because if someone else has something I don't have because they cheated and I didn't, I do care, quite a lot as it happens.

Reactions: Squonk
  • Likex1

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
No game dev for any game is going to explain in detail how they were exploited. The only thing that will accomplish is to give future exploiters a head start on applying a variant of that exploit to other areas of the game. It is unreasonable to demand such details and there is no need for players to know those details. It's really not that complicated. Upon discovering an exploit, the first question a dev asks would be "Is this exploit damaging to the integrity of the game". In this particular instance, the answer to that question is yes.

The devs have taken quick action to stop this exploit. They did so to protect the integrity of their product. Are you seriously going to find fault with individuals that take steps to safeguard their livelihood?
Knowing that these steps would place a disadvantage on the individual player, they decided to provide compensation. They are under no obligation to do so. Do you not find it comforting that in the midst of dealing with an issue that threatens the integrity of the game that they directed time and effort into considering the wants and needs of their customer base?

Obviously, some of you don't care if others cheat, but many of your fellow players do. It was, in fact, player input that led to the discovery of this exploit. That input was provided with the hope that devs would do something about it. The devs recognized the seriousness of the exploit and initiated the best action they were capable of, in the quickest manner possible, and went the extra mile by taking steps to limit the impact of these actions upon the community. Game devs make a living by producing things that people will enjoy. These devs were fully aware that the only means to end this exploit would be an unpopular move. Reason dictates that they would not do something unpopular umless they deemed it to be absoloutly necessary. If you can't accept that one undeniable truth, further conversation is rendered moot.

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
If you don't correct this specific exploit because 'nobody was harmed', you can't with a straight face punish others for exploiting and botting. You can't play friends, cheating is cheating/exploiting and it is wrong. Therefore it should be dealt with. Wouldn't it be a lovely world if half of the prisoners would run free because 'luckily that crime I got 10 years for didn't inconvenience Candy Cotton'.

Reactions: Littlenymph
  • Likex1

Biteme

Warrior
Platform
Android
Hello.
Was a long discussion :)) and i dont understand some things:
1. Why Pumpkin was deleted and not fixed?
2.When game lag will be fixed?
3.When runes dmg will be fixed?
4.When rings rune will be fixed?
At least to be a announce when enter game...DONT BE STUPID AND USE SOCKETS...
People buy ingame goods with real money!!!(sockets for example)
So ho cheat ho and take advantage of game problems?
And i hope the answer will not be ....IF U DONT LIKE LEAVE...
Have a nice day.
BITEME SERVER EU

Reactions: Primum Auxilium
  • Hahax1

Candy Cotton

Warrior
Platform
PC
Last edited
If you don't correct this specific exploit because 'nobody was harmed', you can't with a straight face punish others for exploiting and botting. You can't play friends, cheating is cheating/exploiting and it is wrong. Therefore it should be dealt with. Wouldn't it be a lovely world if half of the prisoners would run free because 'luckily that crime I got 10 years for didn't inconvenience Candy Cotton'.
I just wanted to stop this labeling of players who find way to get more corn. That was unfair, because they are called cheaters who took advantage, but at the same time you can buy same corn for real money at shop. Buyer is then in advance too and how is that fair to players who cant afford to buy anything? Where is equality here?

So you have regular player who does quest and kill bosses for corn, and you have cheater who made multiple accounts to get more corn. And you punish the cheater for doing so, becouse you wanna be fair and protect regular player, right? You dont want cheater to get 3 mounts with 30k corn becouse thats not right.....as regular player can't do it legit way. However, you will take money from player for same thing? Am I the only one who sees this?
Ekimie, you speak of crime, cheaters were punished, but bribe and coruption is ok? Becouse thats what this looks like. If you have enough money, you can do same thing cheater did....get thousands of corn.

Whoever turned in these so called cheaters was envy becouse they assumed someone has 100k corn in bag? You wana punish person with 3 brooms in bag, or you just want to punish him for he has opened multiple accounts? We all know for multiple accounts you dont remove boss, you ban the player.

Candy Cotton

Warrior
Platform
PC
Well, all I can say is you are obviously a better person than me, because if someone else has something I don't have because they cheated and I didn't, I do care, quite a lot as it happens.
you dont need to worry on that, just go shop and buy what you are not able to get for free in game. Maybe cheater had 100k corn, and you can have it too, for certain amount of money.
Would be the best if all would just play the game without sticking their noses in other ppls vaults.

AraldirR

Citizen
Characters
Amaranth Ashrose
Platform
PC
Last edited
So you have regular player who does quest and kill bosses for corn, and you have cheater who made multiple accounts to get more corn.
You don't know what happened here, you don't know why some people acted unfair and you're taking your own hypothesis as a certain and sure thing as well as an indubitable truth, when it isn't.

All facts behind must be considered before judging, and those data can't be provided here due to safety reasons, obviously.

I would advice to relax, and consider all facts in the right measure, never making unproved own thoughts as the only possible outcome.

Reactions: Stymstorm
  • Likex1

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
you dont need to worry on that, just go shop and buy what you are not able to get for free in game. Maybe cheater had 100k corn, and you can have it too, for certain amount of money.
Would be the best if all would just play the game without sticking their noses in other ppls vaults.
Seriously? Your argument is it's ok for someone to cheat because people who don't cheat could get the same result by spending real money?

Queeny

Citizen
Royal Guardian
Characters
Jenny The Brave ...
Platform
Android, PC
I just wanted to stop this labeling of players who find way to get more corn. That was unfair, because they are called cheaters who took advantage, but at the same time you can buy same corn for real money at shop. Buyer is then in advance too and how is that fair to players who cant afford to buy anything? Where is equality here?
So in your opinion, if I don't have the time and I simply buy the candy corns, because I can afford it, you say my action is unfair or other players who cannot afford that or even better, I should simply buy the broom. Voila, event zone done.
Sorry but you need a reality check - some players can afford more then others, have more time to play, .... That is the real world.
If I get something real fast, a new mount, capped level, ... I don't rub that in at my fellow players,

so you think this is all about game being equal for all? You are working hard...ok....let me ask you a qs....do you have a slow horse from Summer Hollows or you have a mount from shop? Do you think a player who works hard and has no money to buy anything from shop can lvl up both combat lvl and gathering/crafting lvl in a same amount of time as player who shop? Yorick Hat vs depending on whether you gonna catch a plentiful or not. Running around zones on your speedy horse vs. Chauncey's horse? All players can work hard 'IN THE CORRECT WAY' but not all of them will get same progress within for example one month, because of all those privileges members of Ardent Society have or buy. So who's takin advantage really, who is in advance?
So me having AS, Yoricks hat, ... puts me in advance?
What stops you from buying AS, premium mounts, ....
In one of your latest posts you say something about envy??

Reactions: Panthera and Zazie
  • Likex2
heya
got the 200 candy on the wrong character.
my monitor has a deficient inverter so the screen needs to warm up but till then goes black every seconds.
so when I logged my alt I did Escape as soon I saw the daily reward window but saw too late there was a small unusual window that popped in front of it .. I realized today my alt had received 200 candy. so with Escape the character get it, instead of approving to give the candy to that character :/
dunno if you'll have time to move those to my main but here's the info:
US3
Alt: Luthor Ussius
Main: Svanhildr
Move from alt to main

Tiberius

Neonga Nation
Forum Moderator
heya
got the 200 candy on the wrong character.
my monitor has a deficient inverter so the screen needs to warm up but till then goes black every seconds.
so when I logged my alt I did Escape as soon I saw the daily reward window but saw too late there was a small unusual window that popped in front of it .. I realized today my alt had received 200 candy. so with Escape the character get it, instead of approving to give the candy to that character :/
dunno if you'll have time to move those to my main but here's the info:
US3
Alt: Luthor Ussius
Main: Svanhildr
Move from alt to main
If you haven't already, please contact our support about it. No promises, since I don't know how Sarah will handle this, but only posting it here and there's a chance it will get overlooked.

Reactions: jettisonedintospace
  • Likex1

Candy Cotton

Warrior
Platform
PC
You don't know what happened here, you don't know why some people acted unfair and you're taking your own hypothesis as a certain and sure thing as well as an indubitable truth, when it isn't.

All facts behind must be considered before judging, and those data can't be provided here due to safety reasons, obviously.

I would advice to relax, and consider all facts in the right measure, never making unproved own thoughts as the only possible outcome.
so you know for sure I'm wrong or you made an assumption? :sneaky:

Status
Not open for further replies.